Prince Of Tennis Fan Fiction ❯ What if ❯ chapter 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
chapter 5 - Atobe's unlucky day!

A/N: pls note they might be OOC.

disclaimer: i do not own Prince of tennis, Konomi Takeshi does. however, i do own Hiroshi.

Atobe was sitting on the bench in a park,waiting for his stoic boyfriend, Tezuka. They are meeting each other for a movie date. However, Atobe was feeling uncomfortable as he felt a chill running down his spine. This has to trace back to what happen ten minutes ago.

Not more than five minutes had he sat down, he had an encounter with Kaidoh and Inui who had apparently been training together, passing by him. He found himself holding his breath under the presence of Inui as he had long heard from Tezuka with regards to Inui hobby of torturing people with his special 'Inui's juice'. It's a fortune to have Kaidoh nearby as he had managed to pull Inui away from ,Atobe. Heaving a sigh of relief as he continue to await for Tezuka's arrival.

Unknowingly, Tezuka had been watching all these commotion from afar.He had hidden himself from view behind a pillar as he wished to avoid Inui from pestering him for details. However, he did not expect to see that Kaidoh was the one who ended up dragging a reluctant Inui away. Assured about Inui's departure, he braced himself and headed over to join Atobe.

"what are you thinking about?" Tezuka frowned as Atobe failed to notice his arrival.

"Aa... Tezuka! Now that you're here, let's leave this place immediately."

Tezuka was about queried about the reason for leaving this park when he notice the reason why. He had spotted Momo with Kawamura training together by playing against each other. Oishi with Eiji a few metres away chatting and eating ice-cream as they headed towards them.

It's a fortune that Oishi had spotted them from afar and thus leading Eiji towards another direction that they managed to make their escape from the park.

Thankfully, the rest of the journey to the movie theatre had been peaceful... but seems more like 'calm before the storm' to Atobe.

As if true to his gut feeling, Fuji had to walk pass them both flashing his famous trade mark smile at Tezuka. Realising Atobe's concern, Tezuka squeeze Atobe's hand to reassure that nothing will happen.

There had been not much interruption while they kept themselves busy in the dark movie theatre. However, once they stepped out of the theatre... the problems start to come. Fuji was waiting outside for them with Ryoma as he tried to convince both Atobe and Tezuka that it's merely a concidence that he met them there while on a date with Ryoma. Fuji then specifically "invite" them to join both Ryoma and him for dinner. Tezuka had tried to figure out Fuji twice but failed utterly as the latter had not only been acting secretive but also good in concealing everything with that annoying yet unnerving smile of his.

The dinner left both Atobe and Tezuka speechless and to their worst nightmare ever. The people present at the dinner were all by Fuji 'invitation', they were none other than Gakuto,Oshitari, Otori and Shishido from Hyotei occupying one side of the table. The other side of the table consist of Jirou, Fuji, Ryoma, Tezuka and last but not least Atobe.

Although Atobe had been amused by the fact that Jirou had manage to stayed awake throughout the whole dinner. He was even more surprise to find out later from Shishido that this dinner had been a plan made specially by Fuji, and Jirou had been the accomplice as he had been the one who contact the Hyotei Regulars to show up at the dinner. In fact, he was speechless when he heard the condition which Jirou had stated for helping Fuji out with his plan... the condition had been "a date with Hiroshi" who is the newest addition to Hyotei Tennis club.
Somehow, he didn't blame Ryoma for been part of it as well as he knew that Fuji somehow had manage to rope Ryoma in with some conditions applied. In fact, he actually pity the young boy as not only he'd got himself such a tennis prodigy as boyfriend... now boy wonder even had to surrender his own cousin to Jirou as part of the plan.

Tezuka, on the other hand was far from pleased. He had vowed silently that he shall punish the whole Seigaku tennis club to run laps, this time round, no mercy is to be shown to Fuji as he went way too far.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Tsuzuku~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
date started: 11/11/03
date completed: 12/11/03