Prince Of Tennis Fan Fiction ❯ What if ❯ chapter 7 ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
chapter 7 - the basketball incident!

disclaimer: i do not own prince of tennis , they belongs to Konomi Takeshi... but i do own Hiroshi!

Hyotei Gakuen~

Atobe and the other regulars were staring at Jirou in wonder as they had no idea that Jirou had the ability to stay awake throughout the whole day. (guess why?)

Jirou was sitting on one of the benches,watching Hiroshi practising with concentration. The other first year students were looking at Hiroshi with envy as they could only do basic training whereas Hiroshi had been given permission to play with the others senior due to his outstanding performance during the "so-called" match with Hiyoshi.

Just when Hiroshi finished off a match with one of the second-year, he called out to Hiyoshi thus gaining surprise glance from the latter.

"Hiyoshi-senpai! move two steps to your right!"

Hiyoshi frowned but move away from his original position as he didn't felt right. Right after Hiyoshi had moved, a basketball was seen heading towards the direction of Hiroshi passing by Hiyoshi's original position.

Jirou tried to shout a warning to Hiroshi but to no avail. Everyone looks towards Hiroshi but was shock to find him smirking. As the ball headed towards him, he backed a few steps away and watch as the basketball hit the ground, bouncing a few times before it stops and rolls to one corner of the tennis court.

Rushing footsteps were heard as a man jogging forward with a troop of first year students from the Basketball team headed for the tennis court. The man stood in front of Atobe and apologize sincerely for this basketball incident. The following first year students followed his example of doing so.

Atobe showed signs of unpleasant on his face, he was about to pursue the matter with the man when Hiroshi interrupted.

"It's all right, Buchou! Nobody is hurt, so just let him off!" Hiroshi interjected with a smile playing on his lips. Every member of the tennis club turn to look at him in wonder, they've never seen anyone so forgiving in their tennis club before.

"All right, on the account of Hiroshi... I'll let you guys off!" Atobe answered. Hiroshi smile to Atobe before turning to the man, and nodded to the fellow basketball player behind him.

Just when everyone shift their attention somewhere else, they were caught by surprise at Hiroshi's words.

"Dad! could you at least stop passing the ball by high throw? I know you are trying to train them... but they are only first year... and in middle school (junior high), they are not High school kids! How could they catch the ball that you send flying in their direction? For all you know, you might hurt someone without knowing it ... or worst still, like today! The ball were thrown too hard therefore resulting in this awkward situation!" Hiroshi chided.

"Sorry, i didn't mean it!" Soujiroh answered awkwardly.

"here!" Hiroshi handed him the ball and sigh as he watch his father disappearing figure. Turning back to the members of tennis club, he ignored all curious stares and turn to Jirou instead "can we go now?"

"yeah... sure!" Jirou answered casually.

~tsuzuku~