Prince Of Tennis Fan Fiction ❯ What if ❯ chapter 13 ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 13--new rivals

Recap=>"Ne, Echizen... how's the idea of you playing against him?" Momo supplied. Hearing this statement, both Hiroshi and Ryoma answered "No, zettai iyada!" in unison.
"Eh? why?" Eiji said in a whiny tone.

Ryoma refused to say anything but shrugged but Hiroshi answered emotionlessly :" because if we were to play against each other.... there's a chance that the game will takes up more than 30minutes, probably more than an hour either."

With that, he headed over to the vending machine and came back with a can of Apple Juice. On the other court, Jirou was playing against Fuji. Apparently, Jirou had woke up specially such that he could have a game with Fuji since he had been thinking of having a re-match with the latter ever since the Kantou tournament.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~chapter 13~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AS everyone gathered around to watch the game between Fuji and Jirou, Hiroshi felt the stare of someone yet can't see any suspicious figure when he scanned the area. Unknowingly, someone smirked under the shadow of a large canopy tree.

"Echizen Ryoma, I've finally found you!" the figure muttered under his breath.

"Hey Carl, what are you doing?"

"Huh? James, what are you talking about?" The said figure broke out from his trance.

"Well, if you say so..." James looked unconvinced but made no queries.

"Come, let's go... before Mr. Carmen gets mad!" Carl dragged James away before he could asked any more questions.

Meanwhile, the gang were packing up and ready to go. The match between Fuji and Jirou had ended with a score of 6-4. After all, Fuji wasn't all serious this time around.

They were about to go their separate ways when Hiroshi pulled Ryoma back and whispered "Be careful" under his breath.

Ryoma, in turn raised his eyebrow skeptically as if not going to heed Hiroshi's advice. They stared each other in the eye for a moment before Ryoma gave Hiroshi a nod to signal that he understand. Hiroshi then gave a quick smile before darting after the departing Jirou.

Fuji, being too observant for his good did not failed to notice the interaction between the two cousin decides to confront his young lover on the subject.

"Ryoma..." Fuji started.

Ryoma felt his eyebrow twitched as Fuji called him by his given name. Knowing Fuji, the latter never did so unless he's up to something.

"Hai?" Ryoma answered hesitantly.

"What did the two of you talk about?" Fuji asked.

"..." For a moment, Ryoma made no move to answer the question. Hence, the two lover just stared at each other for a moment until Ryoma gave in with a sigh. Knowing Fuji so well that he knew that the latter wasn't taking 'no' for an answer and will never gave up until he knows the details.

"Nothing much, Hiroshi just tells me to be careful." Ryoma said.

"Oh" Fuji pondered the answer for a moment before asking "Why did he warn you?"

With a sigh, Ryoma thought for a second before responding"That is something I had no idea of, Hiroshi always seems to know such things. The last time he warned me, Karupin ran away from home. "

Ryoma smiled as he recalled the incident that took place in America. However, Fuji next words drew him back into reality.

"So what do you think will happen this time around?"

"Well, I've no idea... whatever it is, I'll deal with it when the time comes..."

Giving Fuji one of his rare smile, he assured the latter that he's fine. Afterwhich, he picked up his racket bag and headed towards his house which is located on the opposite street.

~to be continue~

date started: 04/12/04
date completed: 04/12/04
date revised: 13/12/04