Prince Of Tennis Fan Fiction ❯ What if ❯ chapter 12 ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A/N: last time, Hiroshi suggested to have a game.... so exactly who's playing against who? well...

recap:"Maa...maa...can we just stop talking and let him introduced himself?" Fuji spoke up. As the crowd quiet down, everybody turns to look at the newest member in anticipation. Hiroshi plastered on his trademark smile and said "I am Echizen Hiroshi, cousin of Echizen Ryoma. Currently, studying in Hyotei Gakuen and of course is a member of the Hyotei Tennis club." he paused for a moment before continuing "now that I've introduce myself ... why don't we have a match since so many of us were here."

"Yosh...so who's playing with who?" Eiji perked up ignoring protest from Oishi.

"Good, now I can collect more data..." Inui smiled as he wrote in his notebook. Fuji just smile in return.

~~~~~
chapter 12- unbeatables!

using ice-cream stick, they wrote down the opponents name and place them in a empty drink can.

"So, on the count of three! one...two,three...!" Everyone who's interested in playing pick a stick whereas Inui, Yanagi, Atobe and Sanada were standing by the side watching the game. Inui and Yanagi as referee and they made use of the chance to collect data whereas Atobe and Sanada finds it pointless.

Like any other match, they settle for doubles and singles due to the overwhelming source of opponents. For doubles, Oishi and Kikumaru as one pair and Hiroshi with Kirihara on the other.

"hehe...Oishi! Looks like we have a chance against them!" Eiji said.

"Well... is that so? We shall see then!" Hiroshi replied.

Ryoma was watching the scene by the sides with the others, hearing what Hiroshi just said he mumbled :" well... looks like sempais are in deep for it!"

"So... one set match, Hiroshi to serve!"

Hiroshi switch the racket to his right and serve the famous Echizen "twist serve" which Oishi return it swiftly. Smirking, he switches his racket to his left and return the shot effortlessly. Eiji with his acrobatic play also contribute a great load to the first 5 minutes, however as time goes along they found that Hiroshi play styles is unpredictable.

"What the?" Eiji get a shock when Hiroshi return the serve with his famous diving volley.
"Eiji, don't be distracted!" Oishi started but was too late as Kirihara had smashed the ball towards their empty part of the court.

"0-40" Inui stated as he jotted everything rapidly down in his notebook.

At that precise moment, Kirihara accidentally lob the ball... Eiji jumped up high and said "yosh! chance!" as he smashed the ball towards Hiroshi. Hiroshi on the other hand just smirked and return the smash shot using "Higuma Otoshi!"

"Eh... nani! Higuma otoshi? uso! I thought only Fuji and Oshitari knew how to do it!" Eiji exclaimed.

"Heehee.... too bad for you...." Hiroshi retorted.

15 minutes later, they ended the match with a score of 6-4. Hiroshi and Kirihara managed to win the match without showing off too much of their skills whereas Ryoma just smirked and shot Atobe a look before adding :" looks like you got yourself a good player for your team."

"Ne, Echizen... how's the idea of you playing against him?" Momo supplied. Hearing this statement, both Hiroshi and Ryoma answered "No, zettai iyada!" in unison.
"Eh? why?" Eiji said in a whiny tone.

Ryoma refused to say anything but shrugged but Hiroshi answered emotionlessly :" because if we were to play against each other.... there's a chance that the game will takes up more than 30minutes, probably more than an hour either."

With that, he headed over to the vending machine and came back with a can of Apple Juice. On the other court, Jirou was playing against Fuji. Apparently, Jirou had woke up specially such that he could have a game with Fuji since he had been thinking of having a re-match with the latter ever since the Kantou tournament.

To be continue...
date started: 11/09/04
date completed: 11/09/04