Prince Of Tennis Fan Fiction ❯ What You See Is Not What You Get ❯ New Girl in Town ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
What You See Is Not What You Get
Chapter 1: New Girl in Town

Warning: I do not own Prince of Tennis or anything that is linked to it via manga or anime so do not sue me for anything in here. However, I do own the made up characters that are not in the original plot and story line of the manga/anime. Also, this is a fictional fan-fiction of Prince of Tennis. It may not, and probably will not, follow the manga's/anime's plot and story line.

~Story Starts~

Akiko Hiruka got out of her mother's car and looked at the school she would be going to for the next year and a half. Seishun Academy Middle School. Famous for it's tennis team and previous tennis player, Nanjiro Echizen. After Echizen left the school, it was said, and known to be true, that the tennis team was thrown into a somewhat slump, leaving them unable to make it to Nationals over the next several years. However, once a second year Kunimitsu Tezuka joined the Regulars and became captain in the beginning of his third year, the team began to turn around. Even more thrilling, a twelve year old tennis genius, Ryoma Echizen, joined at the beginning of the school year and has been the motivational fuse for the tennis team and allowed them to advance recently. Akiko had looked up the school's previous history in their tennis team and even took the liberty to look up the current team and find out it's background and see how this group has begun it's slow incline in the tennis world. You see, Akiko was an all-time, world champion in tennis, and was looking forward to challenging the so called tennis genius, Ryoma Echizen, and the skilled captain, Kunimitsu Tezuka.

Mrs. Hiruka looked at her daughter as she got out of the car and smiled. "Now dear, please be good and don't get your teachers mad at you on your first day here." She called out the passenger door as she sighed.

"Don't worry, mother, I promise to be a good girl and not prove to my teachers what complete idiots and fools they are." Akiko replied, shutting the car door and walking away before her mother could respond. She put her racket over her shoulder and headed to the office building, having studied the school map before she started. Akiko smirked as she neared the tennis courts, since they were on the way to administrative building.

Takeshi Momoshiro finished his little friendly match against Tezuka and was completely tired. "Man, Tezuka, you have definitely gotten harder to challenge." He said, grinning at his captain.

Tezuka smirked. "Well, Momo, you have also improved, so don't think that I am the only one." He replied.

Momo grinned a big goofy grin and then noticed a girl walking by the tennis courts with a tennis racket over her shoulder. "Ooh, who's the new babe?" He asked, smirking at Takashi Kawamura, who only shook his head.

"Momo..." Shuichiro Oishi started, but was cut off by the girl.

"Babe?" Akiko heard Momo and stopped walking in her tracks as her expression became serious. She turned to face Momo and narrowed her eyes. "Do you have a tendency to let your mouth slip at every profanity that you can think of, or do you make a special exception to people you have never even seen before?" Akiko asked, her tone slightly cold.

Momo tried to respond, but couldn't. "She has you there, Momo." Shusuke Fuji said, sighing.

"Shut up, Fuji." Momo said, glaring at Fuji. "Look, babe..." He started, but was cut off by Akiko.

"Akiko." Akiko said, her tone sharp as she walked into the tennis courts and looked over at Momo, stopping a few feet away from him.

"Akiko." Momo repeated, sighing. "I don't know about my profanities, but last time I checked it was not a crime to call a hot girl a babe." He said, smirking.

Akiko sighed as she set her bag down. "Seeing as this will get us no where as far as coming to a solution I have an idea." She started, crouching down and getting a tennis ball out of her tennis bag. "I say we have a little match. If I win you stop calling me 'babe' and never speak to me again." Akiko continued.

"Fine, but when I win not only am I allowed to call you babe, but you also have to go out on a date with me." Momo added, smirking since he believed that he had this game in the bag.

Eiji Kikumaru sighed and shook his head. "Typical Momo, always getting ahead of himself." He mumbled, to which Sadaharu Inui nodded his head in agreement.

Akiko stood up and smirked. "Deal." She said before going over to one side of a tennis court and waiting for Momo to go to the other.

"I know that this won't take long, Tezuka, but I will pay up for the time wasted in our team's practice after my match." Momo said as he went to the opposite side of the tennis court as Akiko "Babes first." He remarked, smirking as he got ready for Akiko to serve and start the match.

Akiko smirked. "And that...will be your downfall." She replied, serving the ball and initiating the game. After a few minutes the score was four, love and Momo was extremely tired.

"Man, she's just having him run all over the court, not giving him a chance to rest..." Eiji said, shaking his head. "At this rate, Momo might drop before the game is over." He finished, Oishi agreeing.

As the match continued Inui and Tezuka watched Akiko's every move. "She is rather skilled...." Inui started. "I have that feeling that I have seen her somewhere before, but I can't quite place it." he continued, sighing.

Tezuka agreed with Inui and then the answer struck him. "Akiko Hiruka. She's the all-time, world campion that has beaten most competitors that have come her way. If she has not come in first it has always been in the top five at the least.

Inui's eyes went slightly wide as he looked back over at Akiko. "What is a champion like herself doing here at our school?" he asked as he watched the game finish with a score of six, love and Momo defeated.

Akiko sighed and wiped her forehead as she walked over to her bag and put the tennis ball away and put her bags back on her shoulders. She then stood up and walked towards the entrance to the courts and opened it, walking out and heading in the direction of the administrative building once more.

"So, I guess this means that our date is canceled?" Momo replied, feeling slightly heartbroken.

"Don't forget your deal. You are never to speak to me again." Akiko replied over her shoulder as she walked away and into the building. Once in the administrative building Akiko got her schedule and headed to her first class where she sat in the desk the teacher gave her and sighed as the class and school day began.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~TBC
Please R&R!!!!!!! I would like to know if anyone looks forward to reading this story. I'll wait till I get at least 2 reviews to continue.