Prince Of Tennis Fan Fiction ❯ What You See Is Not What You Get ❯ All-Time, World Champion ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
What You See Is Not What You Get
Chapter 2: All-Time, World Champion

Warning: I do not own Prince of Tennis or anything that is linked to it via manga or anime so do not sue me for anything in here. However, I do own the made up characters that are not in the original plot and story line of the manga/anime. Also, this is a fictional fan-fiction of Prince of Tennis. It may not, and probably will not, follow the manga's/anime's plot and story line.

~Story Starts~

As the bell to signal the end of the day rung throughout the school, students of Seishun Academy Middle School fled from there classes and headed there separate ways. All but the tennis team and after-school sports teams, that is, and one girl who made her way to where the boys' tennis team met after school.

Akiko sighed as walked out of the classroom building she was in and headed to the tennis courts with her tennis racket over her shoulder. "Man, the day was boring and the teachers were even more boring....this is going to be a long year and a half at the school." She muttered to herself as the tennis team final came into view along with the tennis courts.

"Alright, team. Today we have a special guest that will be joining us in our afternoon practice and will try to help our team with better strategies to training, playing, competing, and succeeding in the tennis world." Sumire Ryuzaki said as her tennis team gathered around her, "They should be here soon so, please, show them the pride we have in this school and do not shame me." She added, her tone containing a promise of a punishment if they did. The team nodded there head and agreed to be on their best behavior with the guest that was supposed to be coming.

"Sorry I am late, Sumire." Akiko said as she entered the tennis courts and walked over to the coach, hugging her when she got there. "I had to find out where I was supposed to change into my tennis outfit."

Ryuzaki smiled as she hugged Akiko back. "Don't worry about it, dear. I'm just glad you could take some time out of you busy schedule to help out the team." She replied, smiling at Akiko kindly.

"I don't see the harm in it. I tried helping the girls tennis team, but I eventually became to bored because most of them are at the beginning level and I have heard that the boys' team is pretty advance in the ranks and high in their tennis skills." Akiko said, smirking as she looked at Momo and a few other members of the team she had heard talking about her throughout the day in the halls.

The team was caught off guard when they heard Akiko speak to their coach and then come up and hug her like old time friends, even using a first name bases with Coach Ryuzaki. "Uh, coach, are you two friends or something?" Eiji asked, looking from Akiko to his coach.

Ryuzaki turned to Eiji and nodded. "You could say that, yes." She replied.

Akiko laughed lightly. "Sumire and I have know each other for a few years now. She was the one who started my training when I was six and was my coach till I was about eight." She added, smiling at the coach. "Since then we have become rather good friends." Akiko added, turning her attention back to the team. "But enough talking, we have a practice to get to." She said.

Ryuzaki nodded her head. "I couldn't agree more with Akiko." She replied. "Today we are going to go ahead and do the training Akiko usually does. And just because this is your first time doing this way of practice doesn't mean you get to slack off. We are only doing her normal practice once through, but if you slack off I will make the entire team go through it one more time per person that is slacking." Ryuzaki added, narrowing her eyes slightly at the team to tell them not to go and start slacking off.

Akiko smirked. "Well, we will start with stretching an then a five mile run. Which, you should be able to finish within thirty-five minutes if you take a little less than six minutes per mile." She said. Akiko then stretched the team and got them started on their run. She finished the mile in twenty-five minutes and stretched immediately afterwards as she waited for the rest of the team to finish.

Tezuka and Oishi finish in twenty-eight minutes

"I...ne...never....wan...t....to do th....that.....again." Momo said as he finished in thirty minutes and hunched over to try and catch his breath. The rest of the team falling in line right after him.

Akiko got up from the lunge she was doing and looked at the team, all of them completely wiped out and seeming like they wouldn't be able to move anymore. "Don't stop moving." She said, noticing some of them just standing still as they tried to catch their breath. "Take a two minute water break and then be on the tennis courts ready to continue practice." Akiko said as she walked over to the courts and set them up to how she wanted them to be set and worked out the practice they would do.

"She's nuts." Takashi said as he shook his head and went to get a drink of water. Fuji and Eiji nodded there heads.

"I've heard of training, but if she keeps us up at this pace our team will be to sore and tired to practice for three days at least." Fuji added, noticing almost everyone looked ready to drop. "It would be a different thing if she started out with a practice a little above our normal one and work her way up to the one she is trying to do now."

"She may be a little hard and have high expectations, but think about this, Fuji...." Ryuzaki started looking at Akiko. "She does this practice two times in a row in the morning before she comes to school and at least three time in the afternoon." She added, sighing. "That girl has pushed herself past human limits since I can remember, even though I told her to go easier on herself while I was her coach. Akiko, since she was seven, has done this practice routine as many times as she could and slowly worked up to what she can do today. She will not rest and, I believe, is doing one run through of her normal practice just to see where the team stands as a team." The coach added as she began walking over to the courts. "She threw away her childhood and, now, tennis is the only thing she has."

Tezuka heard the coach's explanation and then looked over at Akiko and saw her doing a few laps around the inside of the tennis courts as she waited for the team to come to the courts. So, this was a girl who had devoted every living fiber of her body to tennis and because of that had thrown away her childhood and everything she could have done instead. He finally started to realize just who this all-time, world champion was and what kind of life, or lack there of, she had had. Tezuka sighed as he looked at the determined expression on Akiko's face and sighed, knowing that she had missed out on so much and was currently missing out of so much because of what she put into her tennis.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~TBC
Please R&R!!!!!!! I would like to know if anyone looks forward to reading this story. I'll wait till i get at least 2 reviews to continue.