Prince Of Tennis Fan Fiction ❯ When Tezuka Had Fallen For Her ❯ Act xv ( Chapter 16 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Author's Notes: Guess what?! No classes today!! Banzai, Banzai! (throws up a party). I know, I've left this one hanging for…what? One month? Fortunately, the weather's not too cooperative today (the storm's blowing up our house into pieces) so they cancelled classes. I now had the chance to make this one! But I think this little free day, no matter how enjoyable it may be, won't go for free either; we'll have our QUARTER EXAMINATIONS starting tomorrow! T-T I know, it's pitiful. Anyways, THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR REVIEWS, GUYS!!!
 
Here's chapter 15!
 
 
--------------------------------------------------------
 
 
Act xv
»Chapter 15«
 
--------------------------------------------------------
 
 
 
“Excuse me, but why don't make it a doubles match?”
 
The girls and Ringo turned around to the speaker in unison. Then Michiru spoke.
 
“Who are you?”
 
It was a girl no older than fourteen. She had chestnut brown hair that was shaggily cut just over her shoulders and brown eyes that seem to glimmer even without the presence of too much light. Her height was remarkable: a good five feet and four inches or so. She wore an ordinary sweatshirt and a knee-length skirt, but on her shoulders were a tennis gear and a huge camping bag. She looked at Michiru's company with either an amused or bored expression, Ringo couldn't tell.
 
The girl paused for a while, as if deciding whether to answer the question or not. Then she seem to come into conclusion. She stepped forward.
 
To Ringo's surprise, she curled an arm around her neck.
 
“We're friends,” she said shortly.
 
“W-Wha—?” Ringo started, but a faint tug from the girl told her to just play with the cover-up story. “Y-Yeah,” she quickly said.
 
“Look, we don't care if you're her friend or something, but she technically ruined my night!” Michiru said.
 
But the girl was merely staring at her and her gang of friends. “I think I saw you guys before…” she started, looking concentrated in remembering something vague.
 
Michiru's gang blinked at her. Then one exclaimed, in shock, “Hey…! You look familiar.”
 
“Who is she?” Michiru said sharply.
 
“Ah, now I remember you,” the girl said, pointing a finger at Michiru. “Mayuri Michiru, Hyotei Girl's Team regular.”
 
They gasped, and Ringo blinked blankly.
 
Michiru had gone pale, as if she had just seen a ghost. “Y-You! Y-You're…!
 
“Heh, now you've taken into challenging random people in the streets?” the girl said amusedly. “What about a match with me?”
 
“C-Come on guys,” Michiru said to his friends tersely. “Let's go.”
 
The others looked at her and nodded, and they left quickly.
 
“Hey! How about the doubles match?” the girl called out to their backs. “Where're you going?” When the girls were already out of sight she snorted, and said in an undertone, “Faggots.”
 
“Anou…” Ringo started. “Thanks, by the way.”
 
The girl looked down at her. “Eh? No problem-o. Those Hyotei girls love to make trouble.”
 
“How come you know them, ahh…” she realized that she doesn't know her name.
 
The girl realized it, too. “Oh, call me Nami.”
 
“Nami-san,” Ringo said, “How come you knew them?”
 
Nami chuckled. “Let's eat. My treat. I'll tell while we're on it.”
 
--------------------------------------------------------