Princess Mononoke Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The Silent Prince, Perfect Collection 1 ❯ Chapter 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 5

Another day passed, and Genji received a visitor. It was a man with short, black hair, black eyes, and two old scars on his face: one across his left eye and another forked on his cheek. He was dressed in a fetching yellow business suit, and he also wore the warmest smile a parent could have on.

"Hey kids!" he greeted, coming into Genji's hospital room. Aoi and Genji looked up from the TV at the man, and their faces brightened. Aoi ran to the man and hugged him.

"Daddy!"

"Hey! Blue-blue!" Yamcha greeted with a kiss on her cheek. She blushed.

"Daddy!" she scolded. "Quit calling me that. I'm not a baby anymore."

"Well, you're still my Blue-blue." He laughed, mussing her hair playfully.

"Daddy!" she yelled at him in annoyance.

"Hey, Genji." Yamcha greeted, walking up to the boy's bed. "How've you been?"

"Hi dad." Genji signed out. Although Yamcha wasn't his real father, Genji called him that. It was rather natural. "I'm good. You?"

"I'm fine." Yamcha smiled. "I took a plane here from Beijing to visit. I had to say hi to your mom before coming up here, though. I came just as soon as I heard about your…uh, condition."

"Good to see you." Genji signed with a smile. "I got your present."

"Great!" Yamcha smiled. "Have you tried it on yet?" Genji flung off the bedcovers in response. He was wearing it, along with some dark blue silk pants and he tied the whole outfit together with a black obi. "Oh man, it looks great on you, kid! You should come with me to China sometime; you would like it there."

"And leave the mountain?" Aoi butted in. "I dunno if I could…"

"I don't think I'll ever leave the mountain." Genji doubted.

"I should get you kids to a big city like Beijing or Tokyo. You can get a better view of the world. It's a lot bigger than you think, and everything looks twice as fantastic and beautiful in real life than in a picture…" then his eyes turned to the TV, "…or in a TV screen. Heck, I think you guys have yet to see a computer."

Genji momentarily turned his eyes to the TV. A documentary was on about the Cell Games sixteen years ago. The host was a weird little man with a mean face. The subtext on the bottom of the screen read that his name was Dr. Yoto Nezu and he was a biotechnology researcher from Kobe, Japan. From the attitude Dr. Nezu was expressing, his hatred for Cell was great.

"Behind me is the site," Dr. Nezu reported with a growl, "where the monstrous Cell built and destroyed his arena for the game. The contestants hardly had time to flee as the monster beat them all savagely…"

"Oh, c'mon!" Yamcha groaned, turning off the TV. "You guys don't wanna watch that." Genji threw a book angrily at Yamcha, but the stepfather caught the book effortlessly in his hand. "Hey, gimme a break! I was in the Cell Game, y'know. I got my arm broken, then I got the crud kicked out of me."

"You were there?" Aoi gasped in surprise. "Wow! You never told me that!" Genji smiled. He knew. Yamcha had told him the story before about the Cell Game.

"Well, I told your mother and brother lots of times, Blue-blue." Yamcha explained, handing the book back to Genji. "It's not something I'm proud of."

"Why not?"

"Well, for one thing, I didn't really do anything except show up and get beaten to a pulp. Secondly…you guys know who really won the Game, right?"

"Mr. Satan!" Aoi cried out.

"Son Gohan." Genji signed out with his hands.

"You win a cookie, Genji." Yamcha nodded.

"HUH?!" Aoi blinked, looking at Genji.

"Son Gohan." He spelled out again. "The little boy? Remember? What makes you think Mr. Satan won, because everyone else says so?"

"You guys also know that Cell came up here once, right?" Yamcha asked as Genji used the TV remote control to turn his program back on.

"Yep." Aoi nodded. "He helped resurrect the Shishi Gami, and he was a friend of Moro-sama."

"He was on his best behavior when he was here." Yamcha nodded again. "But everyone agrees that he was the most evil man alive. Those of us that discovered he was here did everything we could to try and drive him out…problem was he was planting roots. He fell in love with one of the priestesses…"

Suddenly, Genji's heart gave another lurch and he doubled over in pain. Aoi quickly recognized it as a heart attack and reached for a Shinto scroll. Yamcha panicked, and was about to go get a nurse. Aoi stopped him, and slammed the scroll over Genji's heart.

"Evil spirits, be gone!"

His pain stopped, and he leaned back on the bed, panting in air. Yamcha watched in amazement as the scroll smoldered itself into ashes on Genji's kimono shirt.

"It really is serious, isn't it?" he gasped. "And there's nothing Miaka and the others can do?"

"They said the demon is too strong." Aoi explained. "They need stronger medicines."

Yamcha looked at his stepson, who was breathing slowly in his bed, and frowned.

"I have a friend in West City…" Yamcha suggested. "…she's not a doctor, but there might be something she can do to help…"

/|\

Yamcha used his cell phone to call his ex-girlfriend, Bulma. She was more than willing to help the stepson of an old friend, so she wanted all the details of Genji's condition. Aoi even pitched in to help Yamcha with specific details. Genji, powerless with a phone, could only listen in. After promising that she would do what she could, Bulma hung up. Genji had doubts; Bulma was from the city and had no ties to the Mononoke. She had no idea what was happening to Genji.

/|\

After asking permission from the nurse, Genji walked out of the hospital to Moro-sama's den. It was a small climb up the rocky cliff to her cave, but it was much needed exercise from lying down all month in a hospital bed. The moment he stepped into the cave, excited barking was heard. Yume bounded up to him and licked his face.

"Genji!" she cried. "Where have you been? We've all been worried about you!" Her brothers and sisters also gathered around Genji, nuzzling him and nipping at his fingers and ears. One over-worried rascal tugged on Genji's long blond hair. With a painful wince, Genji freed his hair and bopped the tugger on the nose.

"Welcome, Genji." Moro-sama greeted from the back of the cave. Genji managed to separate his way from the grown puppies to the old Alpha female. Moro-sama was getting very old, hardly able to stand up by herself. Instead of taking her usual walks through the forest, she would take two laps around the fields outside and retreat back to her den. The priestesses were worried about Moro-sama's condition, especially San Rhapsody. Genji was worried too. He felt like he was losing his grandmother.

**How are you feeling, Moro?** Genji asked when he made eye contact.

"Not too well." Moro-sama yawned. "I haven't taken my walk today. I don't feel I can."

**Let's go for a walk then.** Genji suggested. **I need exercise too! Get up, Moro-sama!**

"I don't think I can…" Moro whimpered, closing her eyes. Genji turned to the puppies.

**Come on, guys! Let's go take mama on a walk!**

The human-sized wolf pups grew excited and crowded around Moro-sama, barking and pleading.

"Can we, Moro-mama?! Can we?!"

"We have so much fun on walks!"

"The kodama love seeing you…"

"Can we go to the Shishi Gami realm?"

"Yeah! We can go swimming!"

"Well…" Moro-sama moaned. The cubs flashed innocent grins.

"Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease?!"

Moro-sama blew a breath out reluctance out her large nose.

"Alright." She agreed.

"YAY!" the puppies cheered, bouncing around and running for the den entrance. Genji patted Moro behind her ear as she slowly pushed herself up to her front paws.

**Just a small walk around the field.** Genji promised. **Then you can come back and rest.**

"A small walk…" Moro-sama moaned, standing on all fours and walking towards the mouth of the cave. Genji led her out, keeping his hand on her flank while walking beside her. They let the puppies' lead the way through the forest, slowly taking up the rear. Meanwhile, Genji explained his situation with Moro. As she took in the information, Genji smiled at the many, small, ghost-like kodama that were following them along the trail.

"I find it hard to believe," Moro-sama stated, "that our priestesses can't purify that demon…"

**There's nothing the doctors can do either.** Genji shook his head. **Is my fate sealed, Moro-sama?**

A smile seemed to form on the old wolf's face.

"Ashitaka-san's fate wasn't sealed when he was scarred."

Genji thought about that.

**Then…does the Bulma woman have my cure?**

"We will soon see."