Princess Mononoke Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The Silent Prince, Perfect Collection 1 ❯ Chapter 16 ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 16

After six hours of wandering aimlessly around, Genji, Ryu, and Yume found their way back to the temple main chamber. However, no one was present…except for Momiji. She sat on her legs next to a tea table, writing with an ink blotted calligraphy brush on thin scrolls. She looked up at the travelers with an expectant smile.

"Whell, tuuk yu three long enough ta crawl baack here." She snickered. "Didn't I say yu'd need me help ta get out?"

"We don't want out anymore." Ryu moaned sleepily. "The sun's setting, and we're too tired to keep our eyes open. Can we please spend the night here, and you can show us out in the morning?" He bowed. "We humbly beg you…" He was so tired, he fell over from bowing too low.

"Shure." Momiji agreed. "No probl'm. I'll git yu a ruum right away." She took three scrolls out of her item pouch and tossed them into the air.

"KAKUSE!" she called out in Japanese. The scrolls hung in mid air and began to glow purple. Suddenly, they expanded and took shape, growing limbs and a head. The scrolls became human sized creatures with shadow gray skin, glowing red eyes, a hunch backed posture, and sharp claws and teeth.

"Ke, ke, ke, ke!" they clucked monstrously. Ryu and Yume were alarmed.

"Demons!" they shouted in fear. Genji kept calm, and narrowed his eyes at the creatures.

In my dream, the demon looked something like those creatures…

"Oh, calm down!" Momiji scolded Ryu and Yume. "They won't hurt yu…unless I orda it. They unda me control, N they nuut exactly demons. They Shikigami."

Genji smiled and nodded in understanding. Shikigami were monsters brought to life by paper, and only followed instructions from the one to write their existence on the scroll. He had never seen one before, so it was a sort of honor.

Momiji waved her paintbrush at her creations.

"Go prepare a ruum fore me gests." She ordered.

"Ke, ke, ke!" the three monsters complied, scampering for the inner temple awkwardly on all fours. Momiji put down her paintbrush and ran after them.

"Lez go, boys!" she called to Genji and Ryu. "A nice, warm bed is awaitin' yu!"

"Thank the gods…" Ryu muttered as he, Genji, and Yume chased after the priestess.

/|\

The three Shikigami found a guestroom where Genji and his friends could sleep for the night. Genji bowed his thanks to Momiji, who suddenly giggled as though she was before a hunky movie star. When she and the three monsters left, the warriors and wolf wasted no time settling in for the night. Ryu took the only bed while Yume slept on the floor and Genji slept by her side. They all fell asleep immediately.

Genji only got a couple hours sleep when he felt something poking his shoulder. He opened his eyes partly to see a very rosy face and lavender hair hovering next to his face.

Momiji?

"Genji?" she hissed in whisper, harshly prodding his shoulder with her finger. "Genji, wake up! Genji!"

Genji yawned and stretched, signaling for the priestess to take her finger off his shoulder. He gave her a sleepy glare as her face came into better focus.

"Sorrey ta wake yu up." She whispered. "I know yu're mute, bot why gotta tolk." Genji blinked in confusion as she grabbed his arm and hoisted him to his feet. "C'mon then. Ta me ruum. Whe caan tolk they."

Genji's nervousness woke him right up.

In her room?!

He was being invited in a girl's room?!

/|\

Momiji's room was absurdly small. There was only room for her bed, a window, a hook and hanger on the wall to hang her robes, and her sliding door. There was barely space for her! She and Genji sat on the bed next to each other. For a moment, all Momiji did was stare in her lap nervously, tugging on her kimono shirt. She was wearing a white kimono shirt for nightwear, and it was just long enough to hide her panties. Genji was starting to blush really hard. He could hear Satoshi and the guys back home rooting him on…

"Genji…" she finally began nervously, feeling her face turn red. "They's sumthin yu shuld know…'bout when I met yu N Mista Ryusato…"

He looked at her, wondering what she possibly had to say. Was she going to call him a pervert again? She was blushing rather hard…

"Seey…" She turned her head to him. "I reely wazn't gonna steel y'stuff…"

Genji already knew that.

"I waas sent…tu steel yu, Genji."

He blinked a few times. Did he hear her correctly? She tried to kidnap him? He let her continue.

"Whe got a call on th' high priest's cell phone…I dunno who called ore wot exactly hey ore shey wanted, bot th' high priest wanted mey to go N bring baack a boy naimed Genji DragonLore. Soh, I tuuk me blowgun N a few Shikigami just N case, N found yur caamp by th' riva. I didn't know who waas Genji, soh I waited 'till yu were alone, N…" She paused for a moment, then she took out a familiar pad of paper and pen. "C'n I make shure yu're th' right goye?"

Genji recognized the paper pad and pen. Both of them were his! He remembered when she embraced him outside the temple…there was her opportunity! When Momiji handed the pad and pen to him, he snatched them back angrily. Momiji hid the right side of her face with her hand.

"I'm sorrey, Genji. I only take small thins from people's pockets, I dun't take th' people. Bot th' high priest threatened tu throw mey out if I didn't bring yu here. This is me only home, Genji, N I haad ta bring yu here. Yu undastaand?"

Genji nodded in sympathy. He understood, but why would the Yuzuha temple high priest want him so badly? Was Genji worth more to the man than a Summoner?

"Genji…" Momiji said in a soft voice, "caan yu pleese write down who yu aare? Tell mey ev'rythin'. Pleese?"

He wasn't sure he could. That would mean saying Cell was his mother's lover! If anyone off Singing Mountain found out… He'd never be able to show his face in public again! Genji bit his lip as he put his pen down on the paper. Was it possible to leave Cell out of Genji's story?

Yes it was! No one off the mountain knew about Cell and San Masquerade! So, he wrote down his life in a nutshell paragraph, leaving out Cell and any ties Genji may have to him. He finished with his arrival at Yuzuha, and handed the paper to Momiji. She read it over, glancing at Genji several times. With her attention momentarily off him, Genji's natural color returned to his face. He swished some bangs and stray hairs to the top of his head with one hand, feeling sweat.

After reading Genji's statements, she nodded.

"Yu're him."

Genji gave her one confirming nod. Momiji slid off the bed, accidentally showing her curvy hips and her pink, lacey underwear covering her buttocks.

Wow… Genji thought. She's flatter than a washboard, but she's gone some fine…He quickly snapped his head away, resuming blushing, and mentally slapping himself. Damn! What am I thinking?! I guess I am a pervert…

"I betta show this tu th' high priest." She guessed sadly. She walked to the door and slid it open. Before she walked out, she looked over her shoulder at Genji. "Thaat's all I wanted, Genji. Yu caan go baack tu bed now." Genji nodded, and got up from the bed to go back to his room.

"Genji?"

He looked at her as they stood in the doorway next to each other. She was blushing harder than before, and she looked him up and down quickly as she talked.

"I…just wanna…thaank yu fore bringin' mey baack here. It waas…reely nice ove yu."

<Kiss her hand!>

Genji blinked once.

Guardian?

<You can't say "You're welcome," so kiss her hand.>

Well…okay…

<Trust me on this, Genji.>

Genji took Momiji's hand, and gently touched her knuckled so his lips. She blushed an even deeper shade of red.

"Oh my…" she gasped suddenly. Genji quickly flinched away, dropping her hand. There was a few moments pause, then Genji bowed his farewell and turned around to walk away.

"Oh, N Genji…" Momiji stopped again. He froze with his back to her.

Now I did it! Now she's going to call me a pervert!

<Nothing perverted about kissing a lady's hand. You're just being polite…>

You made me do it!

<Admit it, you wanna kiss more than her hand.>

What are you saying?

<You like her…>

No, I don't…

<You have a crush on her…>

Stop teasing me!

<I'm not teasing when I say she's definitely got a crush on you. Look at her! Why else would she be blushing so hard?!>

Genji looked over his shoulder at Momiji. Her face was as red as an apple, and her eyes looked watery. She also seemed to be fighting back a smile or laugh, as though she was confused. Genji had seen girls do that in front of boys they were trying to say "I love you" to.

Oh my God…

<Now what's wrong?>

I don't want her to have a crush on me! I don't even like her!

"Genji? Is sumthin wrong?"

Genji shook his head at her as Momiji's face seemed to fade back to its normal color.

"Guud." She really began fighting back a huge grin behind one hand. Then, she pointed at Genji's pants. "Cauze, yer fly's open."

Genji's face vaulted as the mood of the scene broke. He quickly zipped his pants up and quickly took off for his room. Momiji giggled after him.

"Hey's soh cute…N reely nice. I think I like 'im…bot wot does th' high priest want with 'im?"