Princess Mononoke Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The Silent Prince, Perfect Collection 1 ❯ Chapter 17 ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 17

Genji quickly got into his room and closed the door. He felt like he ran twenty miles straight again, he was sweating bullets and completely out of breath. And, just to make him feel worse…

<Genji and Momiji, sittin' in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G…>

Shut up! I don't even like her!

<Yes, you do. You like her…>

Genji grabbed his scalp angrily.

I'm not kissing another girl's hand again!

<There you go. Don't kiss another girl's hand. Only Momiji's will do, cause you love her!>

If I could hurt you, I would hurt you very badly.

<Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!>

"Genji?" Genji looked up in the room to see Yume looking at him and whimpering in worry.

**Yume?**

"Why do you want to hurt me very badly, Genji?" she whimpered. "Did I do something wrong?"

Crap, that's right! She can hear me talking to my guardian!

**No, Yume! I didn't mean you! Uh…I was talking to myself. That's all.**

Yume moaned, and leaned her head back down on the ground as Genji sat by her side and pulled his shroud over him like a blanket.

"Where did you go?" Yume asked as Genji rested his head on her flank.

**Oh, nowhere.**

"I can smell that priestess on you…"

Genji narrowed his eyes at her.

**That was from later today. Get some sleep.**

"Okay."

They both fell silent as they fell asleep. Genji ended up dreaming about giving Momiji a tour of Singing Mountain. They ended up back at Miaka's house where everyone threw Genji a birthday party. All the girls gave Genji a kiss. Momiji stood by Genji's side and kissed his cheek tenderly…

…and the boy smiled in his sleep.

/|\

Genji heard the door slide open, and he stirred awake.

"Ke, ke, ke, ke, ke…"

His eyes snapped open and he jerked to a sit. Crowded in front of his door was a huge mob of Shikigami! He stood up defensively, wishing he had his arrows. The quiver was on Ryu's side of the bed.

**What do you want?** he demanded.

They all hushed up. A moment of stillness fell over the room. Genji broke it by making a mad dash for his arrows. Four Shikigami charged foreword, and grabbed the boy before he could touch his quiver. They lifted him up in their arms and carried him out of the room. They slid the door behind them as they carried Genji through the golden halls to the main chamber. Genji tried to fight back and at least put his feet on the ground, but the Shikigami were too strong and had a hold on all four of his limbs.

It was times like this Genji hated being mute…

…because he couldn't call for help.

They took him into the main chamber, and dropped him on the floor. He landed painfully on his rear and the Shikigami laughed at him.

"Ke, ke, ke! Ke, ke, ke!"

A voice cried out.

"Leeve 'im be!"

Momiji!

All the Shikigami parted away from Genji and stood behind their master. The priestess was once again dressed in her robes, and wielding a Shinto club with tailing chains of paper diamonds. The look on her face was reluctant and disheartening. Genji blinked at her as her Shikigami whispered among themselves with their demonic "ke"s. She could read the questions on his face.

Momiji? What's going on? What are you doing? Why are you doing this?

She wished she could give him a reasonable answer.

Then, a new face entered the room. He was a rather handsome man with slicked back brown hair and pencil line mustache dressed in men's Shinto robes and light blue dress pants. He would have looked more at home in a business suit. The moment he entered, Momiji bowed to him and didn't straighten her back until he bowed back to her. Genji guessed that this man was the Yuzuha high priest…

…and he wished he had his arrows with him…

/|\

"So, you're Genji?" the high priest wondered with the smile of a snake. "It's nice to finally meet you. I am Sir Sembe Fujiwara of this temple. You may have heard of me."

He sure had. There was no one in Japan who hadn't heard of the name Fujiwara. Not only were most Fujiwaras related to the Prime Minister, but rumors were being spread that they were controlling the government through bribes. Perhaps Sir Fujiwara was controlling the religious branch…

Genji narrowed his eyes at the man.

**What do you want with me?**

Fujiwara smiled. He understood the language. He then showed Genji the paper he wrote the paragraph-long story on.

"Genji DragonLore…son of San Masquerade…the priestess who sheltered Cell…"

Momiji blinked in surprise at the information and looked at Genji inquisitively. Genji kept his facial expression while raising a questioning eyebrow.

"Oh, your mother is very well known to all us Mononoke, boy. She did a horrible deed, bringing Cell back to life. Now, even more horrible…she bore the monster's child. You, boy!"

"WHA?!" Momiji cried out in surprise. Genji gnashed his teeth angrily.

**Cell is not my father. No man was my father. My mother was a virgin when she birthed me.**

"You know that is impossible." Fujiwara growled, crumpling the paper in his hand. "You came from some man, and it's a good bed that man was Cell."

"Genji…" Momiji gasped under her breath. She couldn't believe it. The nice young boy she was starting to admire was the son of the most feared man in the world. Genji seemed unaffected by that fact, mostly because he was denying it.

**Why am I here? What do you want from me?**

Fujiwara walked up to Genji slowly and calmly.

"All I want you to do is answer my question. Where is Cell now?"

**Everyone knows Mr. Satan killed him in the Cell Game sixteen years ago!**

"Your mother resurrected him a year later! He's still alive, now where is he?! Where is your father hiding?!"

**Even if he was my father, what makes you think I know?!**

"Fine!" Fujiwara spat, pulling a pistol from his robes and pointed it at Genji's forehead. "I was ordered to kill you anyway."

Momiji screamed as Genji blinked at the gun barrel.

"Yu said yu wuldn't hurt 'im!" Momiji yelled in horror.

"I lied."

**You shouldn't be carrying a weapon! You're a priest!**

"Priest of the demon tribe." Fujiwara smiled with pure evil. Genji really wished he had his arrows right now. He felt his heart thumping in homicidally in his chest, making his breathing quicken.

Are you excited that I am about to die, demon?

Then, Fujiwara's finger squeezed the trigger…

To be continued!