Princess Mononoke Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The Silent Prince, Perfect Collection 1 ❯ Chapter 18 ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 18

Then, Fujiwara's finger squeezed the trigger…

"Ke, ke, ke!"

Just as Fujiwara was about to fire a bullet into Genji's skull, one Shikigami jumped at the high priest and pulled the gun away from Genji's head. The gun fired harmlessly in the air, missing Genji by a mile. The boy took off for another side of the room, where he felt safer.

"What are you doing?!" Fujiwara yelled at the paper demon. "Shotaro! Why is this spirit fighting me?"

" 'Cauze I told it tu." She answered angrily. Genji and Fujiwara looked at Momiji. She looked angry with her back straightened, head hunched, tears streaking from her eyes, and fists clenched at her sides. Fujiwara was astonished.

"San Shotaro…" he gasped. "How dare you…"

" 'Ow dae yu!" Momiji shouted back. "Hey's just a boye!"

"He's the son of the devil!" Fujiwara shouted, pointing menacingly at Genji. "How could you stand up for him?!"

"I dun't care who his fotha is! He's a kind, carin' lad who didn't du anythin' baad ta yu! Hey's nuut a baad kid, nuut like his pop. Soh dun't put th' crimes ove th' fotha on th' son!"

**Cell's not my father, and neither is the devil! Will you people understand that I have no father?!**

He didn't make eye contact with anyone, so Genji's cry went unheard.

Suddenly, Fujiwara pointed the gun at Momiji, and she flinched in fear.

"You traitor!" he roared at her. "Maybe it's you I should shoot. Like I should have done when you first showed your face here!"

"Protect mey!" Momiji yelled at her Shikigami.

"Ke, ke, ke, ke, ke!" Her many demons jumped in front of her as Fujiwara fired the gun. Four of the Shikigami were shot, and they permanently transformed back into scrolls. The pieces of paper had bullets stuck in them.

However, one bullet had hit Momiji on the shoulder, and she fell to the floor screaming.

Genji gasped in shock, then he got up to run to her.

**MOMIJI!**

Fujiwara quickly got in the boy's path, and pointed the gun at Genji.

"Rue the day you were born, demon child!"

Fujiwara pulled the trigger.

…click…

"Huh?"

No shots rang out, so Fujiwara kept pulling the trigger.

…click, click, click…

"No bullets?"

Genji grabbed the empty gun from Fujiwara's hand, and flung it away so hard the pistol shattered to pieces against the wall.

**If I'm a demon,** Genji growled, **then you should be worshiping me, priest of scum!** Then he moved around the priest and ran to Momiji's side. All her Shikigami crowded around the two as Genji examined her wound. Blood was staining her white yukata, but the wound wasn't too deep. He slid the fabric off her shoulder, put his mouth to the wound, and started sucking the bullet out of her flesh. Momiji cried out in pain as he did so.

"Damn you, boy!" Fujiwara shouted. "I can guarantee that you won't leave Yuzuha alive!" He put two fingers in his mouth and whistled loudly.

"PHWEEEEEEEEEET!"

Loud roaring and yelling filled the room and echoed down the halls. Genji's heart was suddenly quickening its beat. He kept sucking on Momiji's wound and spitting the blood out of his mouth until his teeth finally closed around the bullet.

<Genji, your demon is reacting!>

Not now! I'm busy!

<Genji, hurry up and listen! There's only one thing a demon would react so strongly to.>

Genji pulled the bullet out of Momiji's shoulder, wincing as her scream went straight into his ear.

What is it?!

<Other demons!>

Oh no…

He looked around the room. Materializing from out of the walls and ceiling were monstrous creatures of all shapes and sized, colored like shadows and glaring around with red eyes.

<Act fast, Genji! Hurry!>

Genji cradled Momiji in his arms and stood up. Momiji's Shikigami were looking around in fear. Gritting the pain in her teeth, Momiji waved her hand around the room.

"Attaak!" she commanded them.

"KE, KE, KE, KE, KE, KE!"

All the paper demons jumped away from the two and pounced on what demon they could reach. They stopped the flowing advancement of Fujiwara's demons at the walls and were clawing and biting to keep them from touching the floor. With a distraction in place, Genji made his escape.

He spat the bullet out of his mouth…

…held Momiji tightly and jumped into a sprint…

…Fujiwara stepped in his way again…

…"Give it up, boy!"…

…Genji jumped into the air…

…cleared the priest's head…

…hit the ground on his feet and kept running…

…he disappeared down the hall that led to his room…

…and the bullet clinked noisily to the ground.

Fujiwara blinked in disbelief, frozen stiff in surprise.

"Incredible…"

He was so awestruck, he didn't notice the demons he summoned were tearing the Shikigami back to paper.