Princess Mononoke Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The Silent Prince, Perfect Collection 1 ❯ Chapter 19 ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 19

Genji ran through the halls until he came to his room. His hands were too full to open it, so he kicked it in and it fell inside the room. It immediately woke up Yume, who started barking in fear, which woke up Ryu in the bed.

"What the hell…" he wondered as he sat up. Then he saw Genji. "Dear Gods! Genji?! What the hell is wrong with you?!"

"Mista Ryusato…" Momiji moaned as Genji set her against the wall. "They gonna kill Genji…"

"Huh?" Ryu and Yume wondered.

"Are you alright, Genji?" Yume whimpered, standing up. "There's blood on your face…"

**I'm fine.** Genji insisted, quickly tying on the quiver of arrows to his waist and throwing his shroud over his shoulders. **But let's concentrate on getting out of here. Momiji and I were ambushed by demons.**

"Demons?" the wolf yipped. Just hearing that one word made Ryu jump out of the bed. He was still dressed in his fighting gi.

"I thought there was something fishy about this place." He admitted as he slid his skull helmet over his head. "No wonder why no Mononoke had heard of this place; it's a demon temple to the murderous Yuzuha-sama!"

"N thaat finally dawned on yu?!" Momiji snapped at him. Ryu shrugged at her.

Genji loaded his bow with an arrow and aimed it at the door as Momiji explained the situation to Ryu and Yume. Genji could just faintly hear the demons running down the hall with every need and desire to kill him.

"Now why would the high priest want Genji dead?" Ryu wondered.

" 'Cauze Cell's his fotha."

Ryu stumbled and bumped his shoulder into the wall.

"WHAT?! Genji, izzit true?!"

Genji violently shook his head.

"Oh, okay. So, he thinks you're Cell's son…"

"Cell's nuut yur fotha, Genji?" Momiji asked. "Why didn't yu say somethin'?"

Genji patted his throat and shook his head in reminder.

"Oh yah…yu caan't tolk…bot yu culda said sumthin' tu th' high priest…"

"With a grudge like that…" Yume shook her head, "he wouldn't have listened."

The shouting of Fujiwara's demons grew louder. Yume stood by Genji's side and growled at the open door. Ryu looked around the room for any means of escape.

"How do we get out? There's no windows, and the door is the only opening!"

Genji didn't want to hear that they were trapped. The hallway ahead was still empty but soon it would be flooded with demons coming around the corner. What would he do?

"They's a secret passage unda th' bed." Momiji pointed with her finger. "It goes outside. Yu caan escape thaat way."

"Really?" Ryu wondered, lifting the bed onto its side. Momiji was right. There was a wooden trap door built into the stone floor. Ryu lifted up the door and found himself staring down into a narrow passageway big enough for him to walk crouched down. "Hey, you're right! We can escape through here!"

"How am I suppost to get in there?!" Yume whimpered. "It's too small."

"She's right." Ryu bit his lip. "The three of us can fit in okay, but we'd have to leave Yume behind…"

As the room grew quiet, the yells down the hall got louder. Genji thought of the only idea he could come up with. Unarming his bow, he helped Momiji to her feet and guided her to Ryu's side.

"Eh?" Momiji wondered. "Wot yu doin, Genji? Yu gonna leeve yur wolf here?"

Genji shook his head. He pointed his finger at Momiji and Ryu, and pointed down the secret passage. Then, he walked away from them.

"Wait a minute, wait a minute…" Ryu stopped. "You just want me and her to use the passage?"

Genji nodded.

"What about you and Yume?"

Genji pointed down the hall.

Momiji panicked.

"Yu're gonna go baack tu those demons?"

Genji made a determined face as he nodded.

"Sounds like fun!" Yume growled, excitedly showing her sharp teeth. "Demons don't scare me! I'm a daughter of Moro!"

"But, kid," Ryu tried to reason, "you'd have to go through the maze to get out! You and Yume will get lost!"

"Hoye, thaat's right!" Momiji realized. "Genji, let us cum with yu!"

He fiercely shook his head. The safety of his friends was more important than his own right now. But, to get through the maze without Momiji's help…

He put his hand to his mouth in thought, and felt Momiji's blood smear on his jaw. He lifted his hand away in disgust, and wiped away the blood with his hand and arm. The blood left faint, dull traces of red on his hand and wrist. Then, he got another idea.

Maybe Momiji can help me after all…

**Yume!** Genji called to his wolf, holding out his bloodstained hand to her. **Smell this! We can follow Momiji's scent trail to figure out the maze!**

"The priestess's scent?" Yume wondered, sniffing Genji's hand. "Okay…"

"Genji, you genius!" Ryu cried out with a laugh. "You're a goddam genius, you know that?!"

Genji would have chuckled nervously if he could, but instead he just gave Ryu a brick face.

"Okay," Ryu nodded, "Momiji and I will get out of here…but are you going to be okay?"

When Yume had finally gotten Momiji's scent from his hand, Genji reloaded his bow and aimed at the door.

"Get going!" Yume barked. "They're almost here!"

"Right." Ryu nodded. Since Momiji was injured, he went down first. Then he lifted the priestess inside the passage, and she lingered to close the door behind her.

"Genji!" She called to the boy. "I luv yu!" Then the trap door clambered shut over her head.

Genji smirked to himself.

Guardian, I should whoop your ass for making me kiss her hand.

<Forget about me, and go whoop some demons instead.>

"Genji?" Yume looked at her human friend. Genji smirked up at her gaze.

**Sick 'em, girl!**

/|\

**CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGE!**

Yume and Genji ran down the golden halls ready for battle. They turned the corner and found themselves directly in front of the mass of demons. Yume threw herself into the army, biting and pawing any demon flesh she found. The unholy creatures screamed in pain as Yume sunk her teeth into them. Genji repeatedly fired arrows onto demons that came after him. With beautiful instinct and reflexes, Genji kept reaching into his quiver and fired arrows at demons that charged for him. Battle Master Natasha would be proud of him.

Yume helped clear a path for Genji to the central chamber. There were few demons there, all of them were lined up along the walls and blocking the entrances to the rest of the temple and maze. Standing in the middle of the room was many temple priests and all of them were armed with blowguns.

One man in the chamber was not dressed as a priest. Dressed all in black with a purple obi that tied a katana to his hip, and a cloth mask that only showed his hard eyes, the man was clearly distinguished as a ninja.

"Oh no!" Yume whimpered at the new dangers.

**You can take care of the priests, Yume.** Genji assigned. **Leave the man in black to me.**

The ninja laughed at him.

"So this is the son of Cell?" he wondered. "The whelp of the mighty tyrant? The silent prince of the monsters? You don't look so tough, boy."

**And those who talk too much are easy to beat.** Genji retorted, pulling his mask and shroud over his eyes and looping his bow over his back. The ninja narrowed his eyes angrily. He understood the language of the Gods.

Genji lunged for the ninja while Yume leaped over the priests and attacked them from behind. The ninja jumped away from Genji slightly for room as the boy attacked barehanded. Genji balled his hands into fists and flung them at the ninja the best he could. The ninja easily dodged the attacks, moving away effortlessly. Genji couldn't even touch his opponent.

Genji tried to fling a kick, but the ninja easily caught Genji's foot and lifted the boy up off the ground.

"Foolish child." The ninja sneered. "You are no match for my skill."

**And you are?!** Genji glowered into the man's eyes.

"I am Arangami, faithful servant to my ancestor, Yuzuha-sama!"

Genji blinked in fear. A half-human, half-demon ninja…

He was in big trouble.