Princess Mononoke Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The Silent Prince, Perfect Collection 1 ❯ Chapter 22 ( Chapter 22 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 22

Arangami quickly found his way to West City, and assumed a disguise. Leaving behind his robes and mask, he dressed in a fetching blue business suit and black loafers. His short, black hair was slicked back to a healthy shine, and leaving one thick bang hanging off the right side of his face. He looked perfectly human, except for his pointy ears that somewhat gave away he was half-demon.

With his disguise complete, he quickly went to the police station.

It's a good bet that boy will come to this city since he's taking the Ashitaka Road. And when he does come here, I'll be waiting for him.

In the police station, he asked to speak with the sheriff about a dangerous criminal. His meeting was arranged, and he spoke to the sheriff about a boy who was trying to kill more people than even Cell managed, and had already killed one hundred people.

"Can you give me his description?" the sheriff asked, a little worried.

"Yes, I can. He's a teenager with long blond hair and pink eyes. He's mute, can't say a word. He claims to be the son of Cell and his name is Genji DragonLore…"

/|\

While Arangami was setting his trap into place, Genji, Ryu, Momiji, and Yume were headed for West City by following the eastern highway at a distance. They were far enough that they couldn't be seen by anyone driving on the highway, but they could hear the cars passing by. Yume trotted on the grassy land while Genji checked the map of their location on her back. There was just enough room for Ryu and Momiji to sit with him on Yume's back. Yume couldn't complain about the weight that she was carrying…her throat was killing her. Even though the saddle blanket did cushion her spine, she had to put up with the weight until she reached the city.

"D'ya think whe caan take Yume intu th' city with us?" Momiji wondered, seeing the tops of the skyscrapers ahead. "It wuld cause truble…"

"Could very well." Ryu nodded. "But I think we should all stay together. I mean, after what Genji told us this morning about that ninja…we gotta play it safe. You don't know how ninjas work."

"Wot makes yu think I dun't?" Momiji huffed. "Whe got a lot-ve ninjas in Yuzuha…prob'ly nune anymure. S'all gone now."

Genji blushed as he put the map away. It wasn't his fault the whole damn temple was destroyed. He didn't know what he was doing or how he did it… It felt like the energy welling in his body was seeping from his skin. He couldn't explain it himself.

"Well, anyway…" Ryu brought back the original subject. "Genji wrote down this morning that he knows this woman in the West City who could help him. He said we could stay at her house for a while, and that she would welcome Yume too. What was her name again, Genji? Barbara?"

Genji spelled out the correct name with his hand.

B-U-L-M-A B-R-I-E-F-S.

"Bulma Briefs." Ryu nodded. "Old girlfriend of your step-dad. Right."

"How will shey help us?" Momiji asked. "I meen…shey ain't Mononoke, they may nuut be any ruum for Yume ina house."

"I doubt that." Ryu chuckled as Genji smiled a secret smile. "If this Miss Briefs is who I think she is, she'll give us all the help she can."

"N who du yu think shey is?"

"President of Capsule Corporation."

"WHA?!" Momiji's surprised cry came out as a squeak. Genji put his hand over his mouth as he snickered at the sound.

/|\

He had watched over the band of travelers all night, and he followed them as they traveled to West City. He followed them in the air, trailing behind them high enough to see them but to stay out of their sight. He was also careful to keep his shadow on the ground from passing over them. However, his greatest concern was the safety of the blond-haired boy.

Hopefully, I can help prevent another ki surge like the one in the demon temple. The boy is completely unaware of the destructive powers he possesses…the aura of his father…he could have destroyed more than just the temple…

Below him, he saw suspicious movement in the grasses. He stopped his flight and hovered in the air. Something was moving towards the white wolf at a rapid pace. He narrowed his eyes at the discovery.

What is that? Whatever it is, it is moving in for a kill…

He looked up at the unaware travelers as they continued on their way.

The boy is in danger…

I can smell death…