Princess Mononoke Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The Silent Prince, Perfect Collection 1 ❯ Chapter 21 ( Chapter 21 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 21

Author's Note: To respond to Kobra's review…No, Genji is not becoming a Super Saiyajin. He can't, because he's a human and not a Saiyajin. Besides, he's naturally blond. So what is happening to him? Let's find out, shall we?

…ping…

Something snapped in Genji's mind. His fear and his anger melded into one emotion and took total control. His heart was racing, he was breathing so hard he was about to pass out, all the color he saw bled a sickening yellow…he screamed out.

**NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!**

An enormous yellow aura burned around his body, flinging Arangami away but leaving the sword in Genji's gut. The boy raised his arms up, grabbed the hilt of his sword, and pulled the blade out of his body. Pain seemed to vanish completely, along with any thoughts and feelings. Only one emotion controlled Genji's mind:

Rage.

Genji stood up and glared at Arangami. The ninja was fear stricken. He couldn't believe his eyes.

"Wh-what the hell…"

Genji opened his mouth in a roar, but the sound came out through his eyes.

**HYAAAAAAAAAAAAA!**

The flames of his aura transformed into vague shapes of screaming skulls, each with a voice of its own. The aura shrieked with hundreds of voices from men, women, and children long since dead. Arangami's fear escalated. He recognized Genji's power.

"It's…his aura! The souls of his one million victims combined! My…my father is in there somewhere…"

Something possessed Genji to smile like a cat cornering a mouse.

"You…you really are the son of Cell! This proves it!"

The ninja's fear changed to hate, and he charged for the boy with a hard fist. Genji easily caught the fist in his hand and gripped it hard. Arangami tried to free his hand, but couldn't pry it from the boy's grasp no matter how he strained. So, he used his free hand to pound a punch on Genji's injured chest. Genji didn't react. Arangami was becoming very afraid.

"No! I won't allow you to live! Not for what you monsters did to my father and me! I'll do whatever it takes to destroy you, bastard son of Cell!"

Genji released the full energy of his aura, rocking the underground chamber, cracking the roof, and sent the ninja flying full force into the opposite wall. Arangami slumped along the wall in an unconscious state. Then, Genji relaxed and powered down…

…then he blinked in surprise, as though he had been in a trance.

**Whoa…did I do that?**

Then, the chamber began to rumble, and bits of the ceiling fell to the ground. Genji's burst of power was causing the entire temple to cave in. He ran to Yume, shaking her shoulder hard.

**Yume! Yume, get up! Hurry!**

"Seru-san…" she moaned, getting up to her feet. "You came back…"

**Go, Yume! Outside! Now!**

"Okay." She agreed, hurrying as fast as she could to the exit. Genji was about to leave as well, but he paused when he saw Arangami still lying against the wall.

He did try to kill Yume and me…but I can't just leave him here to die. He was just trying to avenge his father…

So, Genji slung the ninja over his shoulder, and ran behind Yume up the dark tunnel leading out. He could hear the ceiling crashing down and the walls crumbling away behind him. A huge cloud of dust flooded over him, making him cough and sneeze. Small stones from the wreckage scratched his skin slightly. He kept pressing foreword, determined to live.

Then, fresh air wafted into his face, and a huge sky of stars welcomed him back tot he surface. Genji realized he was outside. He made it! He set the ninja on the ground by a tree where the man would wake up. Genji leaned on his knees and breathed the air in and out of his nose. The pain started to sink back into his gut, and he fell to the ground on his face. Fortunately, the blade had gone through his demon scar, so Genji would be left with no permanent injury. He felt thankful for that.

He felt very tired, and really wanted to go to sleep. He felt Yume nuzzling and licking his head, begging him to get back up. He managed to reach his hand out and touch her wet nose before blacking out.

/|\

"Wake up…wake up, Genji…"

He heard Momiji calling to him and patting his cheeks. He stirred and opened his eyes. He saw Momiji's smiling face in front of him, and he smiled back. She gave out a happy cry at his reaction, and she hugged his neck with a sob.

"Oh, Genji!" she cried, hugging his neck. "Yu're alright! I'm soh hoppy!"

Genji smiled and blushed. It was going to be very hard to tell her he didn't feel what she felt for him.

"How ya doin, kid?" Ryu asked a short distance away. Genji looked over Momiji's shoulder to see Ryu bandaging Yume's neck. She looked like she was wearing a cloth dog collar. Yume looked at Genji, panting happily. Ryu smiled at the boy. "You and Yume were pretty banged up back there. She'll be okay, but you're lucky to be alive. The burns got worse. You feel okay, Genji?"

Genji nodded. He felt his neck and entire torso were wrapped in linen bandages to hide the burns. He leaned his head back and sighed. He didn't feel pain anymore. Ryu must have given Genji some of Miaka's painkiller medicine while the boy was out.

"I duun git it…" Momiji brought up as she sat next to the boy. "If hey's infected with demon burns, why caan't hey just drink sacred wota?" Genji shook his head in futility, motioning that he did just that and there was no effect.

"He didn't tell you about himself, did he?" Ryu wondered.

"Whell, 'is description ove 'is life waas raatha vague."

"See, the demon is inside his body and is infecting him from there…" As Ryu did his best to explain Genji's predicament, the boy leaned his head sleepily on Momiji's shoulder. He started to doze off, but suddenly got the feeling that he and his friends were being watched by a mysterious presence.

It didn't feel like a foe…

…it seemed to be more of a faithful friend.

Feeling sure that they were safe for now, Genji closed his eyes and got some much-needed sleep.