Princess Mononoke Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The Silent Prince, Perfect Collection 1 ❯ Chapter 30 ( Chapter 30 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 30

Arangami was staring out a window of the police station when the sheriff interrupted his thoughts.

"Dr. Hojo?"

Arangami turned at the mention of his alias.

"Yes, sheriff?"

"We just got a call about Genji DragonLore. He was last sighted at Saito High with a large dog and a suspicious group of people.

Arangami nodded.

"So, he's in the city?"

"I have squads patrolling the streets, doctor. We'll find him."

Arangami nodded again, and turned back to the window without another word. Sensing he was dismissed, the sheriff bowed his head and walked away. The ninja-in-disguise narrowed his eyes at the blue sky.

So, the demon I summoned with my supporter has failed…

Too bad, Nanja… It looks like even you were no match for Cell's spawn…

But I will succeed where you have failed, Serpent King…

You can't escape me now, Genji…

/|\

A boy who can't speak…

A young and fierce wolf god…

A warrior priest of tigers…

A demon priestess of the Shinto arts…

A princess of a dying tribe…

A Namek warrior and guardian…

And two best friends, the sons of mortal enemies…

…Genji felt like he had started a traveling sideshow…

…or worse; and RPG video game!

Just as he was starting to feel silly, he arrived at the Capsule building.

He couldn't believe how big it was! It was a gigantic dome that towered over several of the city skyscrapers. It was painted the sandy color "buff" and dark blue letters that read "Capsule Corporation" clearly labeled the building. The dome could have fit three football stadiums perfectly!

Whoa…Genji marveled to himself, This place is huge!

Trunks jumped off the elk and headed to the intercom by the front door. He pushed a button and talked into the speaker.

"Trunks here, back from school with Goten. Is my mom home?"

"Welcome back, Trunks." A young female voice greeted. "Your mother is picking up Pan and Bra from school."

"Okay, thanks. Oh yeah, I also got a lot of people with me. They're friends, so can they come in?"

"Certainly."

"Alright, thanks Tokiko." Trunks took his finger off the button. "Hey, Genji?"

Genji blinked in surprise as Trunks looked up at him.

"Your wolf will never fit inside the building. You can leave her out in the backyard."

Genji nodded in understanding.

"I'll show you the way." Murasaki volunteered. "Come on, Genji. Over here." She rode her elk around the side of the building. Momiji hugged Genji from behind.

"Mind if I join yu?" she asked. She was determined not to leave Genji alone with Murasaki.

Unfortunately, Genji shoved her off the saddle and to the ground. She quickly flipped herself in the air so that she landed on her feet. By the time she was about to climb back up the wolf, Genji had led Yume after Murasaki and had disappeared behind the building. Momiji angrily jumped up and down in the air.

"Yu bahstad! Whaat yu du thaat for?! Why I outta…"

"Forget it, Momiji." Ryu suggested to her. "C'mon, let's just go inside. Genji will meet up with us inside." Trunks opened the door for them.

"Well, let's go everyone." He invited.

"Yeah." Goten agreed, going in first. He was followed by Ryu, Piccolo, and a very ticked off Momiji. Trunks went in last, putting his hands in his pockets as the door closed behind him.

Dad's probably not going to like having all these people over…but whatever.

He probably won't care.

/|\

Murasaki let Genji follow her into the Capsule backyard where a massive garden of flowers was displayed. Yume's head swayed every which way, letting her nose sniff out hundreds of new scents as she walked. Genji took in the sights and colors of all the new flowers and plants. He wondered where all the beautiful flowers had originally come from, since none of them were native to Singing Mountain. San Kaede had shown him all the flowers and plants in the Ashitaka Shrine, and hardly any of them were as beautiful as the flowers he was looking at in the Capsule gardens.

Murasaki finally stopped him in a small plaza with a stone birdbath, and she jumped off her elk.

"You can stay here, Yume." Murasaki said to the wolf as Genji climbed down. "I'm sure Mrs. Briefs won't mind; she loves dogs. And Hasanko can keep you company, if you like." She smiled at her elk as she scratched under his furry chin.

"Okay." Yume decided, lying down on her stomach, and resting her head in-between her paws. Hasanko sniffed at her muzzle, looking into her eyes, and the two creatures began speaking to each other in the god language. Genji smiled at the sight.

"Well, let's go now." Murasaki suggested, walking towards the building. "Maybe Mrs. Briefs has some tea or chocolates that she makes for me when I come home. She always makes sweat cakes for me, my favorite."

Genji looked Murasaki in the eye.

**Why would you come over to a place like this? Do you work here?**

"No, but I do live here. This is where I'm renting my apartment."

**No kidding?**

Murasaki giggled.

"Sure. The rent is rather expensive, but my father pays for it. The only thing I don't like here is Mr. Briefs, Trunk's father. He can be so…"

"Who's there?" an angry voice called out. Genji flinched while Murasaki gasped behind her hands. Yume raised her head up in surprise and growled fiercely. Stepping into the garden and standing in front of the teenagers was a man with the meanest face Genji had ever seen.

The man wasn't very tall; Genji was an inch taller. The man had short, spiky hair, coal black eyes, and a very muscular build. He was clothed in a one-piece blue spandex outfit with white gloves over his hands and white boots over his feet. Genji suddenly had the strangest feeling that he had seen the man before…

"Oh, Mr. Briefs!" Murasaki called, bowing low. "So very sorry to disturb you…it's me, Murasaki Madrid. Trunks and I have brought some guests."

Mr. Briefs narrowed his eyes at Genji, and the boy flinched. He felt something strange about the man. His aura was so full of anger and violence… Genji could just barely find love and compassion in the man's aura. He was still pretty sure he knew this man.

"Who is he?" the man asked, pointing at Genji. Yume stood behind Genji, growling at the man defensively. Murasaki kept her calm.

"This is Genji." She introduced. "He's one of Trunk's friends. Genji, this is Vegeta Briefs, Trunk's father."

Genji mustered some courage, and walked up to Vegeta with an outstretched hand. He remembered Vegeta, Yamcha told Genji all about him. Not only was Vegeta a prince and a contestant of the Cell Game, but he was also one of the world's strongest fighters. Genji had to show his greatest respect for the man, or else end up being Vegeta's personal punching bag.

Vegeta scowled a bit deeper, and gripped Genji's hand for a handshake. Vegeta's grip was extremely firm, as though he wanted to break the boy's hand. Vegeta kept staring into Genji's eyes, like he was trying to look into the depths of the boy's soul and analyze what he really was. Genji felt afraid, but he tried not to show it.

Then, Vegeta released Genji's hand, and looked the boy over. Suddenly, the man smirked.

"What a stupid outfit." He remarked. "Tarzan lives."

Genji's face went red in offence, and Yume bore her teeth angrily. Vegeta smirked at them, challengingly. It was very obvious he didn't like them.

Murasaki quickly stepped between Genji and Vegeta, facing the Saiyajin prince.

"Mr. Briefs, please." She reprimanded politely. "Your son is expecting us."

"Then, come in." he invited, walking away from them and into the garden. "I don't mind as long as my wife doesn't. Just don't wear out your welcome."

"Thank you, sir." Murasaki bowed to his back as he left. Genji watched him leave. It was weird; Vegeta acted like he had met the boy before and knew him very well. Genji wasn't sure why the man acted like that when Genji had never laid eyes on him in his life.

"Let's go inside." Momiji urged Genji. He nodded, and followed her into the building. When Yume was sure they were gone, she barked angrily at the direction Vegeta went.

"You jerk!" she shouted. "Humans call people like you a jackass! If you insult my Genji again, I'll bite your head off! Do you hear me?! Jerk!"