Princess Mononoke Fan Fiction / Spirited Away Fan Fiction ❯ A Thousand Fathoms ❯ Eye-Spy ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's Notes: Hey everyone I'm back. Sorry it took so long. Writer's block, yup yup! I also wrote one version and hated it 'cause it was stupid, so I had to start all over again! Grr! Argh! But right now I'm all happy because I have a new kitten. He's a cute black tabby/domestic-short-hair with bright yellow eyes! He's such a sweetie, and his name's Charlie! ^_^

You guys are great! I appreciate all the wonderful reviews! I really want to thank those who e-mailed me, they gave me the motivation to continue. So, if you're reading this, be happy, I did this for all of you. PLEASE, NO FLAMES!!

Keep in mind, I wrote this to eventually recover from my writer's block, so, please, if it's horrible don't hold it against me. I will eventually rework this chapter and make it better. Anyway, please review and leave constructive criticism. Thank you. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: I don't own Spirited Away.

Rating: PG-13 (Ratings may change)

Summary: Seven years, one month, two weeks, four days, and two hours, but hey who's counting? Never a dream. I would never let myself believe it was a dream. "Oh God, I'm actually going through with this!" I took a step.

~*~*~*~ A Thousand Fathoms ~*~*~*~

Chapter 6: Eye-Spy

When I woke up, it was to an eye-full of sunshine and a mouth-full colorful curse words. I was in pain. No… that's too light of a word. My head was throbbing madly, and though, no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't open my right eye. My left eye, on the other hand, was the one to receive the eye-full of sunshine. My vision blurred instantly, and I blinked the tears away prior to attempting to sit up.

Before I even made into a sitting position I collapsed swallowing a painful scream. I had tried putting weight on my left hand--bad idea, really bad idea. Searing pain coursed through my left arm, mostly concentrated on the area near my wrist. The pain that shot through my arm was twice as much as the pain in my head, which had doubled the moment my head left the floor.

Everything around started to spin and warp. The walls were fading to black, and little stars popped up now and then. This wasn't a good sign.

Reluctantly I relaxed. There wasn't any point in exerting myself at the moment, and if there isn't any point to do what I'm doing, then why do it? I groaned as the sunlight soared into my left eye, again, while red covered my field of vision on the right side. What was wrong with my eye? With me?

Noting that I probably wouldn't come up with an answer to my thoughts, I shifted slightly and turned my head to look around the room.

Why am I here…? Wait, where is here…? Why am I in pain? I whined an incomprehensible whine in an extremely high-pitched, scratchy voice, that reverberated through my head. My eye closed trying to shut out that God-awful sound, but to no avail. Groans erupted from me when my futile attempts to block out the noise failed, which lead to making my headache three times as worse. Mental note: From here on out, NO MORE noises.

My gaze scanned the room again. I spy with my one eye… The scanning stopped when it landed on a beige-greenish lump in the corner of the room. A beige-greenish…thing… Without causing too much torment to myself, I turned onto my good side and gave the lump in the corner a closer look. It had black stripes. Weird, very, very weird black shiny stripes…

I had to find out what it was. Maybe it was a new species of lemur…I like lemur's. They're funny little creatures--with the way they jump sideways and all…

It didn't take that much energy to flip onto my stomach. That was a good thing, seeing as I didn't have a lot of energy to begin with. I put my weight on my forearms and used every bit of muscle I had to lift myself onto my knees. It was hard work. My head started throbbing again, and I could feel my blood rush willingly to the pull of gravity. I sat there for ages wishing the room would stop spinning. If the room was spinning that meant the lemur-lump was spinning too. I didn't feel like chasing a lemur around the room in this condition. No good could come of it.

Inch by inch, I puttered along, sliding across the floor on my knees, a hand and two feet slowly pushing me along. I tried to avoid using my left hand; it hung limp in my lap. A ring of repulsive black bruises spread around my whole wrist like a bracelet--a very painful, uneven bracelet. I wasn't a doctor, but I did have the common sense to know that that wasn't a good sign.

The lemur had stopped circling me by the time I got to it, while the room, on the other hand, continued at a slower pace. The lump was a little too big to be a lemur. I leaned in closer, trying to blink the blurry-ness from my eye. The lump focused, lines became sharper, and the color more vivid. It didn't have black stripes. They were, in fact, stripes of long glossy fur…or hair--the kind of hair that gave me the sudden urge to touch it, to play with it and put into small braids. I inched closer, only stopping when a few centimeters separated me and the "It" from bashing against each other. The non-lemur creature had a nose and lips and closed eyes (how very surprising).

A shiver ran through me, but it wasn't from cold. It was a warning shiver. I had had enough of those to know when it was a warning shiver.

The nose and lips looked so familiar… and the hair… I gasped sharply and snapped my head up so fast I got head rush and almost fainted then and there. Luckily I didn't, for if I did I would've fallen smack-dab on Koto. Yes, it was that air-headed, beach ball Koto. And I had been so close to him!

I grimaced.

I shut my eye, willing myself to breathe deeply to pacify my humming heart. Calm down...calm down. I snorted. It was easy for my mind to say that, but my mind hadn't just been centimeters away from Koto's face and…his lips!

Oh god! If I had moved any closer I would've locked lips with that unconscious pig! Bile rose in my throat, but I swallowed it down before it even had the chance to escape.

He was unconscious…wasn't he?

I looked at him again, this time with more clarity than before. He looked unconscious. He could be faking it though…Cautiously; I reached a tremulous hand towards him. I was being foolish. Why did I even care if he was awake of not? I mean, if he was… he could have just attacked me when I was an inch away from him. All he had to do was lash a hand out and I would've been subdued in the blink of an eye. Now that was a scary thought. Wait, here's an even scarier thought; he could have morphed into a lemur and then the animal could have attacked me. I shuddered at the thought of a violent, man-eating lemur. Definitely a scary thought.

I shook my head lightly, shaking away terrible notions of what could have been.

"Think happy thoughts…" I whispered to my self. I chanted that mantra a few times. It was then, I realized, that my finger was poking his shoulder in perfect time with my chanting. I drew my hand back as if it had just been burned and glared at it. My own hand had betrayed me! It touched the enemy! What if it had woken him up? Oh crap…

Hesitantly I moved my one-eyed glare from my hand to Koto. He still lay in the same place as before. He hadn't even made the slightest acknowledgement to the poking. In a way, that was good.

But, what should've made me insanely happy made me scared. He wasn't moving. I couldn't even see his chest rising and falling when he breathed--If he was breathing…

"Oh, crap. I didn't kill him, did I?" I mumbled sourly. I was annoyed. Surprisingly, not with Koto, but with me. Something was tugging in my chest, pulling on my heartstrings ever so slightly. It may have looked like I didn't care. I did. I had possibly killed some one.

I scowled. I was worried about him? Why, in the name of God, was I worried about him?! He had beaten me senseless--actually the wall did that, but that's beside the point! If I hadn't knocked him out when I did things could've been a good deal worse. I could be finding my place in the afterlife instead of him.

During this whole conflict I failed to notice that my severely bruised left hand was hovering millimeters from his forehead. Heat radiated from him. I could feel it on the tips of my fingers, my very cold fingers. They moved to touch his forehead, wanting to feel the heated skin, and there was no way to stop them.

It had happened so fast, I don't remember what exactly took place. One second he's on the ground unconscious, the next my injured wrist is trapped in his vice-like grip, he's sitting upright and his eyes are boring into mine. I had tried to scream but nothing came out, save for a small unintelligible yelp. Unbelievable, I was too frightened to scream.

Is this what its going to be like for the rest of my summer? Was Koto going to use his power over me to control me, to berate me, to inflict irreparable damage…to try and make me his bitch…to make me his whore? I gave an involuntary shudder at the thought.

His grip tightened on my wrist and I bit my lip to keep from yelping in pain. Don't show weakness. If I show any sign of weakness in front of him, he'll win. With that I set my jaw and was about to rip my poor hand from his grip…well that was the idea until I saw his eyes. They were drowning in sorrow. Sincere sorrow. His eyes held mine, revealing an internal battle that neither side was winning.

Koto looked over my wounds, the wounds that he had caused me as his eyes welled up with tears. Now that's something I never expected to see, the great and chauvinistic pig Koto about to cry like a blubbering baby. I would've laughed if the moment hadn't been so serious.

His hand stretched out towards my face, fingers wanting to brush against my bruised skin. I pulled away as much as my aching body would let me. With an icy glare, one that could rival his most penetrating glare, I ripped my hand away from him. That's when I saw something I shall never forget. His eyes… those sincerely pained eyes… One second they're the forest green, deep pools of emotion and the next they're… they're red, a bright, shinny, glistening blood red--full of hatred, and lust, and the unquenchable desire for control and release. Then as quickly as it came the red vanished and the deep forest green pools full of emotion were back, but different, more guarded.

A moment later he shriveled into a withering mass…or at least I wish he had.

He was glaring at me now, much like I was to him. Except mine had lost it's fire the moment his eyes flashed red. It scared me beyond belief. It sucked all my happiness, all my hopes and dreams out of me in one swift motion. I didn't want to be in this room with him any more. I shifted, not nervously, but to make a get away. Right when I was about to execute it the door swung open with a bang and scared both Mr. Ice Queen and me next to me out of our wits.

Author's Notes: I'm such a hypocrite. I constantly tell people to keep up on their stories and I get sad when my favorite stories aren't updated, and yet here I am. I haven't updated this fic in like, what? Four months! Anyway, if any of you need to know why I haven't been updating lately you can look on my Bio and read the part labeled Excuses, excuses. ^_^