Princess Mononoke Fan Fiction ❯ Princess Mononoke Rebirth ❯ Foreshadow ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Foreshadow
 
“I hope I can still move properly.” Ashitaka spoke to himself as he unveiled the wound that Sasuke had marked on him, but the scar was hardly noticeable.
“Incredible! The scar was supposed to show but there's hardly a trace of it to be seen.” He gasped with quite surprise. Then San crept up from behind him with a friendly gesture.
“Hi again.” she calmly greeted him.
“Hi San” Ashitaka replied back. “I think…I need to know what's going on with the Samurai. I mean, why did they attack Irontown with so much force?” He questioned himself yet it also seemed like he was also questioning San too.
“I don' know. There is part of me that says that I'm glad that…Irontown…has come to destruction, but…there's another part of me that says that I should sympathize for the lives that have been lost.”
“It's natural for you to feel like that; it's called…” Ashitaka paused for moment to try not to day the last word.
“What is it called?” San asked him once more, and then he turned his face to her.
“Human Nature.” San breathed in quite a large f air into her lungs, and then exhaling out again; trying to suppress her anger to avoid conflict between her and Ashitaka.
 
That's right; suppress me, bottle me up so you can try to shut me up. Idiot.
 
San twitched her head a little to shut the voice out. It went away, eventually.
“I'm coming with you.” She confirmed Ashitaka quite sternly.
“I don't see why not.” He evenly replied back. San smiled a little then turned back to the face that made her quite strong and agitated.
 
As they walked into the broken gates of Irontown, they saw the horror that Motoko had to see. But there were no bodies found, it was an empty street. Filled with empty houses, empty gardens, and empty factories to work in.
“Where's everyone? There should be bodies everywhere.” San questioned herself.
“They cremated them.” Ashitaka answered.
“They?” San questioned once more.
“The Samurai who killed Eboshi.” San gasped at what she heard.
“I've always wanted to kill Eboshi, and now she's dead; I should be happy. But I'm feeling some kind of ache inside now.”
“That's guilt; it comes naturally too.” He replied to another one of San's little confessions.
“You think so?”
“Yes, you're learning how humans feel. You're unique.”
“I don't think I am.” San spoke back melodramatically.
“Why would you think of that?” Ashitaka queried her as he placed his hand on her face and turned it to him. San eye's then grew small and blush again. Ashitaka just smiled at her with bless.
“I think you are.” He reassured her.
Suddenly their little moment was then disrupted when they heard noises coming out from Eboshi's office.
“What are we going to do?” San started to panic.
`Hide!” Ashitaka gasped as he took hold of San's hand and hid inside a small, abandoned house. “Stay behind me, San.” Ashitaka spoke firmly as he gently pushed her behind her. He looked out from a broken window, and waited for whoever was in the office, to come out. Then a bunch of Samurais came walking out passed the house, Ashitaka shuddered a little in reflex and obscured his hands around San's. Later on came the man subsequently called Keirtoro.
The man with unnatural blonde hair like the sun, with skin half pale and half tanned. He wore quite rich rags that covered his naked body. Along with him came some sort of soldier. Not a Samurai, because he looked too smart to be a rusted warrior, but some sort of special fighter. He wore black dressings and armor-plated arms and legs. And they him and Keirtoro were talking.
“Tell me more about this…girl…that you require.” The man in black spoke.
“I believe that she may, no, I know that this girl is the one.”
“The one sir?”
“I'm not definite for sure, but I got a strong feeling that she's one of the potentials.”
“Potentials?”
“Yes, she, or another that will find can bring death and rebirth to our feet.”
“And one more question sir; why do we need Asano?”
“You can't have the world to your hands with only a few of us now can you?”
The man in black spoke quite wickedly as he walked off with the rest of the other Samurai, whilst the other man walked in the other direction.
Ashitaka was quite puzzled from the paragraph Keirtoro had just stated.
“Potentials?” he questioned himself.
“What does that mean?” San questioned him too.
“I don't know, but we have to find out.” He replied back to her. “Death and rebirth? Of what?” He thought to himself. Then both of them poked their heads around the broken window to check if the mysterious men had left. They checked, and neither of them was seen. So then they slowly rose out from the house, and crept slowly back to the entrance. Ashitaka was still grasping hold of San's hand and walked backwards to check that if any others were coming.
Suddenly, Ashitaka felt the grasp of a rough hand on his shoulder.
“Hey!” Shouted the Samurai from behind them, they both suddenly turned their heads to them.
“We come here with no harm.” Ashitaka assured him.
“I don't care, we don't tolerate intruders.” He then cocked out a small pistol and placed it close to Ashitaka's head.
“Get ready to be obliterated!” But Ashitaka shoved the gun to one side, thrashed the samurai out of the way, and started to run with San still clutched onto his hand.
“Stop them!” The Samurai bellowed with rage and panic. The two were then chased by a fairly numbered amount of four to five Japanese soldiers.
“Hurry San!” Ashitaka gasped for breath as the tension of being caught brought near to him and the Wolf princess. They rushed pass houses and dashed through nearly ever path in that maze of a town. The Samurais had split up to hunt down these two adventurers; they seem to think of them as a token to torture or a brothel girl to rape. Ashitaka and San had reached their climax as they then found themselves in front of the broken gate, but then their fortune faltered when the soldiers had blocked their way out. They both shuddered and pivoted into the other direction, yet there were more soldiers obscuring them. They had no other route but to falter back to the wall of the same broken house they were hiding in. Ashitaka immediately pressed San onto the wall behind and shielded her with his arms.
“Who are they, trespassers?” growled one of the five soldiers.
“He's one I've never seen before?” grumble another. Then another walked closer to him; Ashitaka pressed his hands harder to the wall that surrounded San.
“He must be eastern.” Said the one that walked up to him.
“How do you know that?” question one of the other Samurais. The closest one then gripped his fingers onto Ashitaka's chin and lifted his face up.
“Can't you see he has darker skin than us, and those grey eyes are quite rare here?” Ashitaka just gave the most firmest of looks to him, but he tried to stay as subtle as possible. San tried to let loose her dagger but was pressed too close to the wall.
“So, who's the girl then?” Asked yet another soldier. Ashitaka brought his body closer to San in order to protect her from the human demons she despises.
“Remove yourself, stranger!” snarled the one close to him.
“No.” Ashitaka defiantly confirmed him.
“So, you would risk your life for a girl? Let's settle a deal; we'll battle each other for your little girlfriend shall we? Well…” He then grabbed Ashitaka by the collars of his kimono. “…Let's get busy!”
“Halt!” Shouted the voice of a young girl. Ashitaka looked up and recognized the face of aid.
“Motoko!” The Samurais then turned to her.
“Ah, you two know each other then? Well now, we've got ourselves some treat now boys!” They chuckled evilly as they saw the beauty on her face and body.
“If you want to do what you are thinking, then you've got another thing coming.” Motoko sternly validated them.
“You, stop us?” the chuckle then turned into heaps of hideous laughter. “And how the hell do you think you can stop us then?” the Samurai questioned her.
She then smiled with quite malicious lips and spoke.
“Guns.” She then drew out her magic revolvers and speared out bullets with the force of a thousand arrows.
“Shit! She must be one of those hunters!” they all shouted with panicked. One the Samurais was already shot dead through the head from the first bullet that was fired. The Samurais were out of San and Ashitaka's way when they then breached from the area they were secluded in.
Motoko was still firing shotgun shells through the armor into the flesh of Samurais.
“You bitch!” one of the surviving barked at her, but she brought up one of her guns and whacked him across his face that made him collapse unconscious.
She then shoved the guns back into her pockets and smacked one of the other samurais to blackness with one of her powerful fists. Ashitaka then rose out from on of the corners of the house and sprinted to Motoko.
“Motoko!” he carried on shouting.
“Can I have some help here, please?!” she sarcastically asked as she started to struggle to wind the Samurais down. Ashitaka then felt the footsteps of one of the remaining soldiers elevate his scimitar.
“Let's bring the deal on!” he spat behind him, but the young prince was too quick and swift for his abilities, from when the soldier then suffered from the brute kick of the princes foot as it collided into his torso. The beaten soldier crashed into the abandoned house and broke all bounds of the weakened wood. Ashitaka then clenched his fists as San let loose her dagger. But then she saw the dark face of the man Keirtoro. He stared at her deeply, and San fell into his hypnotism.
 
He's the one that can set me free. Come on San! Let me out!
 
“No!” She shouted at herself, and then felt the footsteps of yet another samurai. But before he could even touch her; she gripped onto her dagger and slit his arteries open; letting the blood to flow out. She felt weird at that point; almost as if she knew that was coming to her. She sense another coming, she clutched her handle as the tension drew near to her. She then tried to take a swipe from the figure behind her, but her wrist were then slapped onto his hand; the hand that turned out to be of another familiar kind.
“You!”
“What are you doing here?”
“I came with Ashitaka.”
“Right.”