Princess Mononoke Fan Fiction ❯ Princess Mononoke Rebirth ❯ Blackmail ( Chapter 23 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Blackmail
 
Sasuke was found still running scarcely through the forest. His heart still thumped fiercely as it pounced his chest. Cold sweat ran down his face with terror of himself. He started to get chills running through his skin, as his teeth grinded together. Then he finally slowed his pace down to a minimum; catching his breath back. His panting of inhalation turned into cries of dejection. But then he heard some fair footsteps approaching from behind him. He quickly turned, but then was stabbed in the neck by some sort of knife; seeing Keirtoro piercing him. He then released his knife from his skin, and let Sasuke collapse to the floor.
“Tie him up.” Keirtoro ordered, as the samurais from behind dragged the body out of the forest and tired him up with rope.
 
Sasuke finally woke up, but in a strange room. He was tied up in steel chains, with his wrists and ankles shackled and his stamina at a low rank.
“At last you've woken up.” Keirtoro said looking down upon him. Sasuke then rose weakly and tried to stand up strong.
“I've known you were the one behind Irontown's murder.” Sasuke coldly spoke as he tried to reach Keirtoro, but was pulled back by the chains locked to the floor as it pulled his wrists back. Sasuke looked down upon them and scoffed. He reached out one of his vector snakes and lashed one of them on the chains, but they didn't break; not a single scratch. Sasuke became confused by the chains.
“These chains are made by the demon magic itself; you cannot break them.” Sasuke then scolded at Keirtoro.
“Where are we? How have you manage to lock me up like this?!”
“We are in Irontown, and I hold sorcery far greater than you know.” Sasuke took a short pause for a moment.
“You exchange your soul to the demons; for them to hold you.”
“Clever boy. I have been sent here to do their work; and that is to rid of the human…and beasts race.” Keirtoro leaned his head to Sasuke.
“Why? To hold power over the earth? I don't believe it's that simple.”
“True…have you a great interest in foresights.”
“Only some.” Keirtoro then looked away from Sasuke.
“Then are you aware of the soul of Sakura?” Sasuke then pricked up and trembled a little by the name.
“Not just a soul; the goddess of demons, who holds power and control through hate and blood. The world is best fit to see her suffer in the underworld.”
“It's a shame then; because I intend on releasing her.”
“No! You mustn't! Her supremacy will bring you all to your fates!”
“I highly doubt it. Because following the same prophecy, if you manage to tear her soul apart, her ashes will turn you into the god of demons, or bring the balance of human and nature herself into harmony. I rather like the first choice.”
“And how will you accomplish that?” Sasuke then lazily leaned his back against the wall with attitude. “You haven't even found her body.”
“I think I have. You see when Sakura still lived in the human world; she was joined with another soul, sort of opposite from her. And somehow that soul…managed to send her to the underworld. Do you even know how Sakura came to be?” Sasuke then shook his head. “Because the body was born with the demon curse. She wasn't captured by it or anything; she was given birth to it, through her blood.” Sasuke then looked down upon himself. “And that her true name, the true goddess…was disowned by humans, and raised in the arms of a beast.”
“San!” he gasped out and then glued his mouth shut as he turned away from him.
“Hence the name Princess Mononoke. She holds the body of Sakura, and she was the one who-
“Sent her to the underworld.” Sasuke interrupted. “The opposite of a god, but human.”
“Her mortality will soon be at an end.”
“Not before I end yours.” Sasuke snarled at Keirtoro, and then walked up to Sasuke and glared at him.
“And how will do that; with your snakes of hate?” He then blurted out a heap of laughter. “And you call yourself immortal. Do you even know why you became immortal?”
“Because humans have tampered with me.”
“Because you were conveyed here to watch over earth. Your job is to look over the eras of the future as you proceed through time. You're a guardian here; you're here to make sure that the dead and the living don't combine. And your murdering fame has preceded you to become Kira.” Sasuke then looked at him in the eye. “But you guardians are not immortal at all; we can kill you, but with a number of rounds. But now I have found a way to kill you in an instant; to strike you through the heart where it all functions. Then something tells me that you're not afraid of death now.” Sasuke then looked away from Keirtoro as he wickedly smiled. “Could it be that the great Kira wants to die?”
“I am not afraid of death nor do I wish it. I have now found my purpose to stay here.”
“And that is not just to watch over the humans is it?”
“No.” Sasuke firmly stated.
“You've made yourself new friends here. Well, I will bring back Sakura from the grave, and your punishment here will be to live on forever, when I have killed your purpose to exist. As the immortals of the shadows; you will obey me for eternity.” Sasuke then chuckled at him quietly.
“You are forgetting one prediction; there is one immortal that will be reborn, not from darkness, but from light, people sometimes refer to him as “The Phoenix”. One much greater than me, you, or any of your other forces, and he…or she…will send you all…back.”
“Well…I best make sure that doesn't happen then.”
“Are going to kill me then?”
“No. You will bring Princess Mononoke to me, or your lover goes under.” Sasuke then pushed his body towards Keirtoro but was pulled back by the chains.
“You wouldn't dare!” He growled at Keirtoro.
“Motoko is it? I call her then.” He then closed his eyes and brought upon him a cold wind that surrounded his, and the sent away out from Irontown. “We'll then see where your principles lie.” He then left as Sasuke kept growling at him as he tried to break free from his chains.
“Stop the call! I mean it! Leave her out of this!” Yet even though he kept on howling, the chains still brought him back to his place, as he then gave up and knelt down with his head low.
“Motoko, please get my signal; don't come to me.” He shut his eyes tightly as he squeezed his fists. But then released himself and fell flat to the floor.