Princess Mononoke Fan Fiction ❯ Princess Mononoke Rebirth ❯ Shot through the Heart ( Chapter 37 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Shot through the Heart
 
Baka! Why didn't you block the bullet?!” Ashitaka growled down at Sasuke with his arm supporting his head. Sasuke sighed as the blood trickled down from his mouth.
“Listen to what I'm going to say…please…”
“Alright, I'm listening.” Ashitaka calmly replied.
“For all my life, I have live in fear, anxiety, and most of all hate. Before I met you, humans were my everlasting enemies, some of them are still. But I am tired…I am tired of hating, tired of killing everyone by my one emotion. I am desperate Ashitaka…” he started to raise his voice “…desperate for it to stop…and you helped me. I've always been afraid to die, but with you, San, and Motoko…oh Motoko…you've shown me how dying, is part of life anyway, and we will be reborn in the afterlife…”
“Yes Sasuke, death is just another path that we all must take one day, but that doesn't mean that you can leave what you've got here!” Ashitaka's voice began to break with tears.
“Ashitaka…if you had lived 18 years of my lifetime you would understand, how this pain in my heart feels so good. It's not really pain, because I can't feel anything.”
“That's because you're fading!” The prince's voice and tears trebled even further with pieces of his heart quaking with sorrow.
“Fading? Fading…home…I think…I can go home…” Sasuke then began to cry as well as he looked up at the black clouded sky, yet all he could see was clearness, not a speck in sight, and the moonlight; he had always adored the moonlight.
“You can't go! Not now! Now is not your time!”
“Ashitaka…you have to send the spirits back.”
“I can't! I'm not immortal!”
“You forget about your father…” Ashitaka then looked down and shut his eyes tight.
“Your father will come to you when you need help most…I can't…hang on…any longer…”
“What about Motoko?!” Sasuke then opened his eyes and looked up, frailly rose up a hand, and stroked a tear away from Ashitaka.
“I know you can do it Ashitaka…help us…find…” Sasuke leaned his head back as his eye lids began to lower. “…home…” The soul from Sasuke's body faded away, as his hand dropped to the ground. Ashitaka shivered and shook the empty shell he held beneath him.
“No…! No…!” Ashitaka then embraced the body and held it tight with Sasuke's head held in his chest. “…I'll bring you back…” Ashitaka gently whispered in his ear.
“I thought he would never leave.” Keirtoro scoffed at the pair kneeling down. Ashitaka grew silent for a moment; he tightened the grip in his fist and gritted his teeth intensely.
“I”LL KILL YOU!!!”
Then all of a sudden there was a shockwave that exploded through out Irontown that somehow managed to wipe out half of the fiery flames that blocked the exits. Motoko supported San as they fell on top of each other. Ashitaka then gave Keirtoro an animalistic growl, and with his feisty eyes, he howled a warrior cry in a thirst for revenge, he let Sasuke's body gently fell to the floor, but secretly took hold of his Sais, and grasped on with his teeth. He then ran toward him and jumped into the air. Keirtoro growled at him and bullets soared out from his gun. But Ashitaka swiveled out of their way, threw one of the Sai down at the gun and pierced it to the ground as it was knocked out from Keirtoro's hand, all broken.
“Kisama!”
Then Ashitaka pivoted backwards and sprinted back towards Keirtoro, with one other Sai in his hand, he then did a series of kicks but was easily blocked. Ashitaka then flipped back down, and slit a cut on Keirtoro's cheek. Ashitaka hyperventilated deeply and roughly with his raging eyes. He tried to stab him but was uppercut under the chin, yet he carried on, swiping the blade in and out trying to cut Keirtoro again. But suddenly the blade was knocked out of his hand, got punched in the torso twice and then smacked across the face that made him fell. Keirtoro spat out blood from the cut, as Ashitaka weakly brought himself upright.
“You're good, boy, I'll give you that.” Keirtoro flicked his hair back. “But me…I'm not human.” Ashitaka snarled as he saw the sai from one side and picked it up when he rose. He then flicked the sai to Keirtoro, but was deftly caught between his fingers. Keirtoro then flung it back to Ashitaka with more force. Ashitaka tried to catch it as well, but then the sai went through something else painful. Ashitaka groaned as he bent down a little.
“Ashitaka!” San gasped, but was held back.
“Wait!”
Ashitaka rose back up again, only to find that the Sai went through the middle of his right hand; stuck right in the centre. Keirtoro laughed at him as Ashitaka winced in pain. But it meant nothing to him, so he pulled out the Sai slowly. He looked back at Keirtoro, but he was already close to him, he then got punched in the face, side to side, over and over again, right hooks, uppercuts, you name it, and with various amount of kicks it send him plummeting to the ground harshly. Ashitaka didn't move he didn't want to move; he too, started to fade a little.
San looked at Ashitaka and then growled at Keirtoro.
“You Bastard!” she sprinted towards him, but was then slapped across the face and pushed backwards. “Ashitaka! Wake up!”
But Ashitaka felt dozy, yet he heard the pleas of those who have crossed him over time and time again. He saw Motoko, Sasuke, and San too, standing over him. They all shout.
“C'mon Ashitaka! You can do it!”
“Ashitaka, push! You got to try again!”
“Ashitaka wake up! Please wake up! We need you!”
 
In his subconscious, his knees were brought close to his face, and then looked up in the darkness with his sleepy eyes.
“Are they calling me?”
 
Back in reality, the explosions from the fire became more violent and more ferocious.
 
The shockwave entered Ashitaka's subliminal mind as he laid crouched tightly, the explosions made him scream as he flung his head back and returned it back to his knees. Then they stopped, and only whispers remained. The words repeated over and over again with the voice of Ashitaka.
“Somebody save me… Somebody save me… Somebody save me… Somebody save me… Somebody save me… Somebody save me… Somebody save me… Somebody save me… Somebody save me… Somebody save me…