Princess Mononoke Fan Fiction ❯ Princess Mononoke Rebirth ❯ The Phoenix ( Chapter 38 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Phoenix
 
“You're not going to die…” Another fair voice entered his mind, with more repetitive words, with the repetition of Ashitaka's plea still lying low.
  “I will come for you. Just hang on. I'm coming. You will not die today. I will help save you. Please hang on, my Son. I will not let you go! Please stay!”
        “Som ebody save me… Somebody save me… Somebody save me… Somebody save me… Somebody save me… Somebody save me…  
SOMEBODY…SAVE ME!!!”
   Then a flash of light came into the darkness, and diluted it with the contrast of white. Ashitaka looked up and saw what he thought was an angel.
“Father…you're really here…”
   “…Take my hand…” the voice came to him. So Ashitaka opened his hand out to the light, then another hand clutched it, and pulled it in towards him.
  “FATHER!!”
Ashitaka's face lit up. Then back in reality, his eyes opened, and then with some kind of new and mysterious magic, his eyes turned from grey, to bright hazel. Then, some parts of the fired became onto Ashitaka's skin. Keirtoro grew panicky with this new macabre. Ashitaka yelled out another cry and threw a fireball at Keirtoro, but again he missed that.
“NO! He can't be!” the fire was wiped away to see a better view of Ashitaka's newly colored eyes, all bright and fiery as the sun. “But you're not an immortal!”
“My blood runs through his veins, he and I can still defeat you.” Keirtoro then carefully looked closer at Ashitaka with the winds of fire rippled back in violent quakes.
He can't be immortal; if he was, he would have destroyed me in the first place.” Keirtoro thought to himself, until he growled at Ashitaka horridly. “Who are you?!” Ashitaka stared back at Keirtoro with surreal light in his golden eyes, he didn't felt weak, but he felt, stronger than ever.
“Your fate.” Ashitaka replied in a stern voice. “And I will reap you from your body when the world is restored to its balance.”
“You can't be back! I killed you! And you can't kill me!” Keirtoro hollered at Ashitaka with laughter, but Ashitaka still kept firm.
“No, I can't.” Keirtoro stopped chortling and then stared confused at Ashitaka, his face went pale for a moment with cold sweat. “But my son will.” Keirtoro shuddered at those words. But all of a sudden the fire shockwave swept low and didn't cause a hassle for him. Yet then, Ashitaka swiftly dashed through them and punched Keirtoro in the stomach, the monster then punched the half immortal in the face that made him lean backwards. But it didn't send him all the way. He leaned over the edge of falling, until he slowly tilted his body weight back up with his head still slanted back, showing his bare, there were small ribbons of sparks encircling him, as he gracefully tipped his body back up without moving a muscle, until he quickly flicked his head back up, only to see Keirtoro's face, he drew his right fist back and collided into Keirtoro's mouth. It sent him off the ground and violently slammed back down to the floor, seeing him wailing as there was blood coming from his mouth.
“Now Ashitaka, you must send the spirits back; time's running out.” A voice spoke within Ashitaka's body.
“How do I do that father?”
“Repeat these words, and thrive your powers together if you can.”
“Right.” Ashitaka exhaled out, and listened within his soul, the words that can cause something extraordinary to happen.
 
Harmony of the Wind,
Essence of the Earth,
Sway of the Water,
Flash of the Fire.
 
Ashitaka then followed the lyrics and continued along with his father.
 
Come to my aid,
Surrender the soul,
Ignite the force,
Release the lock…
 
Then, as Ashitaka sung those words, there were multiple colors of light sprinkling around the Broken Town, Motoko and San looked stunned by the manifold of illuminations, and the illustrated force that came along with it. Then, fading in from the winds, San saw her mother once more along with one of her brothers.
“Mother! Brother!” San cried out when the souls glowed into various amounts of colors; forest jade, marina sky, crimson bliss. Motoko also saw Eboshi and Father together.
“We are very proud of you Motoko.” Eboshi whispered to her, Motoko began to cry and clenched her hands close to her heart. Ashitaka still stood firmly on his spot with his eyes closed shut. Until he heard ghostly footsteps reaching his way, he slowly looked up, with the winds galling harder, and there he saw the spirit Sasuke. He couldn't believe his hazel eyes; the Sasuke is still hanging on for him and the others.
“I'm still hanging on. But you still must send the others back. I will help you!”
“Sasuke you…!”
“I'll sing with you!”
 
I am the servant of eternal life,
Guardian of the mortal world,
The fire from the heavens will not fail me,
Spirits of the crossover…
 
The wind howled now even stronger and more powerful. Ashitaka raised his hand to the sky, when there was a glow in his fingers that then turned into lightening that flickered everywhere. And then, it was the final moment when Ashitaka must say his final words…
 
I SEND YOU BACK!!!
 
Ashitaka then slammed the lightening down, which then exploded and dashed away into stars that struck upon the spirits, and transformed them into one huge light, and then caused a tremendous blaze amongst them, and then faded away to the skies above. The various colors faded too, but some parts of Keirtoro's fire were still ablaze among Irontown. Keirtoro managed to get back onto his feet, and observed what he saw, was a failure to his purpose.
“NOOO!!” He collapsed to his knees again. Ashitaka suddenly felt weak, when then his father's soul descended from his body, his eyes turned back grey and saw his father weakly collapse as well.
“Father!” he gasped and saw his lucent body soak through the floor. He then looked at the body of Sasuke, as his body suddenly shuddered and jerked off from the floor. He gasped in heavily as he touched the wound healing away. He then looked at Ashitaka and smiled.
“You brought me back.”
Keirtoro rose back up, again, and roared angrily at Ashitaka, he then looked behind him and saw San holding Motoko up, and then wryly smiled, as he held out a dagger.
“You may have saved the world, but can you save your lover?!” He then flicked the dagger over to San.
“NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!” Ashitaka raced against the flying dagger. San covered herself with her arms out and was then thrust against the balcony when then Ashitaka lapsed onto her.
There was a small silence in the air. San still had her eyes shut tight and her hands clenched. Ashitaka breathed in heavy breaths into his lungs with his arms obscuring San. Motoko and Sasuke froze sickly by what they just saw. San then felt patters of blood onto her mauve dress; she looked down, and then saw…the dagger hit Ashitaka in the heart. San wheezed in and out heavily and grew sick at what she saw in front of her.
“San…” She then looked at Ashitaka's head hung low. “I wanted to say this to you for a long time, but since this is my last chance…” Ashitaka then lifted his head up, with blood oozing from his mouth, but his eyes were soft and his smile was light, when then he finally said it…
 
“…I love you.”
 
San gasped and gritted her teeth as she whine with sorrow. She then looked down and saw her dagger in Ashitaka's hand. He rose off her, ran to Keirtoro with immense speed, flipped into the air, only to soar down, and strike Keirtoro down right through his heart as well. Keirtoro didn't move, the pain was too much for him to bear. Ashitaka then kneed him into his own fire, scorching his soul into ash; never to return. Ashitaka returned to the floor, and pierced out the dagger that hit him and threw it to one side. Motoko ran up towards Sasuke and flung herself into his arms, and kissed his cheek again and again, when then Sasuke gave her a kiss on her soft lips.
“You came back!” Motoko whispered.
“It was all of you that helped me.”
Then, rain began to spear down, and diluted the fire from its rage, when then it steamed away into the mist. The sky became dark blue with stars shining above. San looked up and saw that the threat was over, and giggled.
“We did it!” She turned to Ashitaka to smile with him. But her beam suddenly dispatched from her, when she saw him lying still on the floor, it was that, Ashitaka could be dead.