Project A-Ko Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction / I My Me!(Ai Mai Mi!) Strawberry Eggs Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Another day of Private School ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Please feel free to read and review. Also, I am actively looking for pre-readers. If you are interested, just email me at stbays@yahoo.com for info.

Chapter 2 version 1.1 status: Unknown


Five o'clock rolled around and Ranma's internal alarm went off like usual. He'd sleep quiet well and was ready for some early morning practicing. As he came into the area during his first day, he'd noticed a nice spot by the river. To get there, he'd have to run for a mile or two.

Once he was there, he started off with his basic katas followed by an two hours of intense practicing. When he finally got back home, he went to grab a bit to eat. The food was set out already and Ruru was sitting at the table waiting.

"Hello Ba-chan. How's it going?"

"Oh, not to bad. Not bad at all... Have you figured out how your going to trick that old hag of a principal into hiring you?"

"Yeah, I know how." He said with a smile.

"Why don't you fill me in then." Ruru couldn't stand it. 'This guy has something up his sleeve, but what?'

"Sorry, I can't tell you now. Maybe later when I know you better, ok?"

"Alright kiddo. Anyone that pays the rent like you do can do whatever they want as far as I'm concerned. Just be sure to fill me in one of these days."

"Sure and thanks for the privacy. Now, if you'll excuse me. I need to take a bath and get ready for my interview." Suddenly he remembered something. "Hey Ba-chan, when I went to the school the first time, the old hag there mentioned something that another guy had been in earlier. Do you know anything about that?"

"That? Well, I do know something, but like you said, let's give this thing some more time before we share all the secrets."

"Fair enough. Bye."

__________________________


Ranma lifted the bucket and let the cold water run onto his face. She then looked into the mirror, reaching carefully around and began to undo something she'd left untouched almost her entire life. Her pigtail came undone remarkable easy considering how long she had it that way. She then took her brush and combed it some what straight.

With her hair fixed, she had only one thing left to do before she could interview. She had to pick a dress.

'I guess now I'm kind of glad I kept the dresses my mom bought for me. At the time, I only wore them so my mom won't know it was really me. Once she learned about my curse, I almost threw them out.' Ranma-chan looked over them and found what she wanted to wear.

The outfit was a simple one. A black skirt that came up just above her knees. For the shirt, she would use a white button-up business shirt and a red vest on top of that. For a finishing touch, she added a black tie that had a red gem embedded in a gold center piece. For her shoes, she went with a simple black high tops.

'I'm glad I only got to wear this once to impress them. After that, this thing goes back into the closet, hopefully forever...' Even as she thought that, a picture of formal meetings came to mind and she knew a red Chinese shirt and black pants would not be appropriate.

__________________________

Ranma-chan slowly walked to readjust to the high-heeled shoes. She'd worn them on several occasions, but she never got used to them. While focusing on simply trying to stand up, Ranma-chan forgot to use her stealth technique.

"Hello? Who might you be missy?" Ruru asked as Ranma came into view.

"Me, I'm just passing through."

"Really..." Ruru took a closer look as if searching for the truth on the head of a pin.

"Do I have something on my face?"

"No... Nothing at all. You look very nice. I bet you'll have no trouble at all."

"I hope not..." With that, Ranma made her exit and hurried before Ruru could figure it out. 'Damn that was close...'

__________________________

Ranma-chan was surprised that the front gate guards simply let her pass by without even asking her where she was going. Perhaps they could tell by just looking at her that she was here to apply for a job. Or perhaps they were just afraid the next person they try to stop would disappear in front of them...

She made her way to the principals office and knocked gently.

"Come in." The well aged woman called out from within. As Ranma-chan entered, she spotted both the principal and the vice-principal.

"Hello. I'm here for the teachers position."

"Yes, we are looking. I assume you've brought your paper work with you?" At this statement, Ranma produced her college transcripts as well as her letters of recommendation she'd acquired through out the years. The principal simply looked over a few of the fifty recommendation letters and the college information before setting them all down. "Miss Ranko Saotome?"

Ranma nodded her head. Thanks to Nabiki, she'd thought of every possibility, including the need for her paper work to reflect both her male and female sides. Nabiki even managed to get separate id card for her, so passing as Ranko was now completely legal to do.

"My, you've certainly come prepared. Now, which position are you hoping to get?"

"Well, I was hoping to teach the physical education class, but I'm certified to teach any classes you need taught."

"Excellent. I'm afraid we've already filled the physical education teaching position, but we are in need of an English teacher. How does this sound?"

"Perfect."

"Then you'll report in tomorrow. In the mean time, do you have a place to stay?"

"Well, I'm currently staying at the Gochiso."

"Gochiso? But only men stay there..." The vice-principal stated, her eyes narrowing in suspicion.

"They didn't have any policy like that when I asked. Besides, it's very close, so I don't have to worry about buying a car to take to work."

"Still, it's not becoming for one of our teachers to be living in a place like that." The principal stated. "From now on, you'll be staying in one of the rooms in the dorm."

"Is that ok?" Ranma-chan asked as if she'd just been caught with the crown jewels.

"Certainly. In the past we've had several teachers stay there. Plus it will give you a chance to interact more with the students and get to know them on a personal level."

"Well, I guess all I can say now is where do I sign?"

________________________

"Why did you do that?" The vice-principal asked, slightly shocked at how loud her own voice sounded.

"Why not? She'll make a fine teacher. I can sense these things. Unlike that last one we hired, this one has a true feminine feel to her."

"Still, I think it's odd that she would be staying at Gochiso."

"I agree with her though on the logic of living there even if I don't like the people that normally live there."

"Perhaps we should still do a back ground check. You know, just to be safe?"

"Fine, just do it quickly. I can't stand the thought of distrusting a fellow female. Only men are to be distrusted..."

'Just wait Ranko, if that's your real name. I'll expose you for what you really are. A man in drag!'

___________________________

Ranma-chan headed back to Gochiso to tell Ruru the good news when she felt two things. First, someone was following her. Two, a strong aura was rapidly approaching from in front of him. She wanted to know who would be following her, but she figured the lack of a strong aura meant her life wasn't in any danger from that person. She raised her defense and braced herself.

"Ranma Saotome, prepare to die!" Ryoga shouted as he jumped through the clearing of trees. He violently swung his umbrella as if it were a sword and amazingly, getting hits that looked like it was a sword too. Soon, most of Ranma-chan's outfit was nothing more then rags hanging onto her body. Finally Ranma-chan spotted an opening. Her fist flew in and hit Ryoga square one the jaw.

The hit sent him back a few feet. Suddenly he froze as he looked at Ranma and blushed. Next thing Ranma-chan knew, Ryoga was kneeling in front her.

"I'm so sorry miss. I thought you were someone else."

"You mean, you attack me, ruin my favorite clothes, and then expect me to forgive you?" Just then Ranma-chan remembered the other person. She turned around causing the rags to fall away, exposing her more then she'd care to.

__________________________________

The stranger gasped as she saw this.

'She's... Really female...' With that, the person ran away.

__________________________________

"Ryoga! Your paying for this outfit, you hear me?"

"Yes, of course I will. How much do I owe you?"

"Three hundred thousand yen." She was shocked when the yen was suddenly in her hand. "And your shirt."

"My shirt?"

"You prefer I walk around topless?"

"Oh, no, I didn't think about that..." He reached into his bag and pulled out a red Chinese shirt and black pants. 'Good thing I kept these with me.'

"Ok... How about some hot water to go with these?"

"Sure." He pulled out a kettle and a Bunsen burner and soon the water was hot. Ranma-chan had the clothes on and poured the hot water over his head. "So, what did I do this time pork-butt?"

"You left Akane and made her cry!" Ryoga suddenly blinked as he realized Ranma was now in front of him. "Where'd you come from?"

"You attacked me moron." Ranma said as he tried to dry his clothes off. "And what's this about making Akane cry? I haven't seen her in over five years."

"Five years? Has it really been that long? It seems just like yesterday that I talked to her and learned that you went some place called a college."

"Could it be... Your sense of time is now gone too?"

"So, What's new?" Ryoga asked as if he didn't just attack Ranma a few minutes ago.

"Nothin much. I got a job as a teacher."

"What? Your a teacher?"

"Yup, I'm teaching English. Of course, I found out my free period is the same as the physical education class, so I might try to help out with that."

"Wow, I never thought you'd be a teacher."

"So what's new with you man? Haven't seen you since I graduated from high school."

"After seeing how happy you looked, I went off and finished school too. Of course, I also visited a strange gypsy and she lifted my curse."

"What? You mean you don't turn into a pig anymore?"

"No, I just don't get lost anymore... Well, I do sometimes, but that's only when I was trying to find you. For some reason, I can't maintain a good lock on your aura. Also, I don't turn into a pig anymore. I found Jusenkyo after high school was over..." Ranma thought that this would be happy news, but Ryoga seemed even more depressed then usual.

"Let me guess, you fell into the wrong one."

"Yeah, it went like this..."

____________________________

"Welcome sirs to Jusenkyo."

"I made it. At last, I finally found it." He was exhausted, but he was too close to wait. "I need a spring... Drowned man..."

'Sir, not sir at all. Sir is woman?'

"I fell in years ago..."

"Aiya... Follow me sirs. Here sirs, we have Spring of Drowned ..." Ryoga didn't wait for the guide to finish. "Girl. So happy, woman is now restored to real body..."

"You moron, I'm a guy!"

"Aiya, why you no tell me sooner. Now you have to wait another year or so before you try again."
________________________________

Ranma slapped his forehead. How could Ryoga be so thick headed?

"Well, since your in town, I'll let you stay the night at my place."

"Ok."


In case you've lost track of where everyone is currently at, check this list out.

Genma-
Shampoo -
Ryoga -
Dr. Tofu -
Ranma -
Akane -
Cologne -
Soun Tendo -
Nodoka Saotome -
Herb -
Mint -
Lime -
Ukyo - Unknown

(Thanks again for reading. Hopefully I'll deal with the interaction between Ranma and Amawa soon. Don't worry. They won't be enemies. Their just not friends yet. Remember, Ranma isn't in the habit of sharing his/her secret with strangers.

My biggest concern is the students and the classes. I'm not sure what Ranma will be doing. I haven't thought that far a head, so there is still time to influence my writing. (I love taking suggestions. It's a challenge I can't say no to.

As for the original Ranma cast, I'm thinking of some ways for them to be a part of this. However, that is defiantly in the future still. )