Project A-Ko Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction / I My Me!(Ai Mai Mi!) Strawberry Eggs Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Another day of Private School ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Please feel free to read and review.

Chapter 3 version 1.2 status: experimental

"Nice place you've got here Ranma."

"Thanks. I've already paid the rent here for the next five years, so it will come in handy. Your welcome to use it when ever you want." As Ranma was talking, he reached back and redid his pigtail.

"What's your plan for now?"

"I don't know. I guess I'll be heading back to Nerima to find Akane."

"Cool. I'll call her and let her know your on your way."

"Alright, but I think I'll stay in the area for the night if that's ok with you. I'd like to hear more about what you've been up to."

"Sounds like a plan man."

____________________________

Mean while, at the Tendo home, Akane was preparing dinner as usual. Tonight they would be having omelets with cheese and mushrooms. She found a nice batch growing in a pot under her bed and was able to figure out they weren't poisonous. She put the biggest ones in a small basket for everyone to try before they picked their dish.

"There, it's done!"

____________________________

Kasumi sat in her room enjoying another fine day off. Thankfully, Akane finally mastered the fine arts of cooking, allowing her to take it easy every now and again. Sometimes she got a bit jealous at how good her sister was, but that disappeared once her head hit her pillow and she got to take a nap.

Still, she wish that Akane would not experiment. Usually it came out good, but there was that one meal where she tested a different kind of fish for the sushi. Thankfully, the rest of the meal tasted great, but the sushi was the main dish.

In the past year, Akane had only messed up two of her one hundred meals. It wasn't even considered a big deal if she did good or did bad. Her reputation was now as a cook was secure.

____________________________

"Akane! Please hurry! Your dear father is starving to death."

"Hold your horses dad. A good meal takes time to prepare."

"I know, it's just I've had a hard day of training our newest students."

"How was class?"

"Good. It keeps getting better each class. I think with another month, they'll be ready for Genma's class."

"Dad, don't you think that's a bit extreme though? Uncle Saotome is very... Brutal when it comes to his training."

"I know, but all the student's that have trained under him have left better then they went in."

"It's really amazing too. Now, dad, I need to concentrate. I'm using a new mushroom type and if I don't watch them carefully, they might not cook correctly."

"Ok... Ok...," He joked. "Your the cook."
____________________________

Ruru decided to check in on Ranma and see if he was ready to accept her help.

"Come in Ruru." She was shocked, but made sure it didn't show.

"How'd it go young man?" She seemed to say young man as if it were hard not to notice.

"Great. In fact, I'll be staying at the dorm instead of here."

"What!? You must have been good."

"Let's just say they knew talent when they saw it."

"So, I guess you'll be wanting your rent money back."

"No, keep it. I'm going to let my friend Ryoga use it when he's in town. Plus I'll use it when I want a day off from the dorms."

"Suit yourself..."

______________________________

Akane set the food down and everyone began to eat away. The smiles on their faces told Akane that once again, she'd hit the jackpot. True, no one stopped and made a big deal about it anymore, but she still felt good about it.

"Oh my, what an odd mushroom," Kasumi stated as she looked over the uncooked mushroom Akane set out.

"That's what I thought when I found it. At first I was worried that it was rotting the wood, but then I realized it was in a pot, kind of like someone was growing them on purpose."

"Mind if I try it?"

"Go right ahead. I've already tested it and it's Poisson free!" Kasumi took it and bit into it, the flavors washing over her, filling her with energy and making her feel almost younger.

"Kasumi!... What's happened to you?..." Soun was in a state of shock as he watched his oldest daughter happily eating away at the mushroom.

"I'm ok... daddy." Soun promptly passed out and hit the floor hard.

"Kasumi, your..." Akane stammered.

"I'm what Akane?"

"Your a kid..." Akane joined her father on the floor causing Kasumi to giggle.

"Kid? Silly Akane. I'm your big sister," Nabiki stared at the odd thirteen year old wearing Kasumi's clothes, talking sort of like Kasumi, and to a certain degree, acting like Kasumi. And this little girl appeared in Kasumi's place right after the eldest daughter eat that strange mushroom in the basket. Then it hit her. 'That mushroom. It was that same one that Ranma and Ryoga ate a long time ago, but where did Akane find them?...'

Nabiki decided right then and there that she would not try to figure out what was going on. Once she decided that, she laid down next to her younger sister Akane and her father Soun and closed her eyes.

'It beats fainting and hitting the floor...'

_____________________________

"So Ranma, your a teacher. Do you think I can see your school?"

"Sure, but only if you don't mind being seen with me while I'm a girl..."

"Why? You expect to get hit by water on the way?" Ryoga knew that they were like water magnets, but still, to ask a question like that was odd even for Ranma.

"Cause I was hired there as a girl. That and I'm not sure they'll let you in unless your being escorted by one of the teachers."

"Oh, ok. Let me know when your ready." Ranma went into his bed room and changed into one of his more modern quick dry Chinese outfits and then went to the sink.

"Ready." Ranma said as he poured a small cup of water on his head. She then shook her head to help get the water to flow downward and out of her hair. "I think school should be out now. We just have to do one thing more."

Ryoga shouted as a cold slash of water hit him, activating his curse. Ranma-chan blinked as she faced Ryoga-chan. Ryoga's female side was... different to say the least. Her hair was a deep ocean blue and her face was quiet slender. The odd thing about Ryoga-chan was her height. She was exactly the same height as her male side. Of course, she was off set by her breast that were the same size as Ranma-chan's when she first fell into the spring.

"What'd you do that for!" Ryoga-chan shouted. Ranma-chan almost laughed as she recalled how many times she'd yelled that line out.

"Well, while I'm there, I wanted to drop off some stuff to my room at the dorm." Ryoga just grumbled at the statement. The two then picked up some of the bigger boxes that Ranma hadn't gotten to unpack and started off to the dorm.

"I guess this means Akane was right. You are a pervert."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"You, living in a girls dorm. Either you are a pervert or you haven't thought this through very well."

"Go on..."

"I shouldn't have to, but what happens if you get hit with hot water?"

"Simple, I don't panic. I figured out a while ago that I can hold my form if I want to. As I get hit with water, I have about a second or two to suppress the energy that activates the transformation. Once I learned about that, I spent three days trying it out. Of course, I mastered it on the third day..."

"So, if you wanted, you could keep from changing into a girl?"

"Yeah. Problem was I got this challenge to convince the principal that men are just as good at teaching as women are."

"So naturally, you threw water on yourself and went for it."

"Yup...,"Ranma-chan paused as she realized how bad that sounded. " I do have to accept any challenges that come my way. Granted, I first heard about this school from one of my friends in college. She told me all about it and how wonderful she thought it was. Of course she left out the part about it being run by all women, but a challenge is a challenge."

"Figures. Are we almost there?"

"Yeah, it's right ahead." Ryoga-chan looked forward and saw it.

______________________________

"Oh my, it's so messy." Kasumi commented as she looked at the dinner table. She just finished off all the food on everyone's plates. After that, she turned on the TV and watched some cartoons.

______________________________

Ryoga-chan whistled as she looked around the entrance. She'd set Ranma-chan's box down at the entrance while Ranma-chan went to find the housemother. Soon Ranma returned with a key to the front entrance and to her room on the first floor.

"Well, it's home and beyond the curfew and the no men allowed rule, I'm going to like it."

"Why? You thinking of bring a boyfriend over Ran-chan?" Ranma's right eye twitched

"Very funny. It just means I have to keep my guard up that's all. Well, let's get out of here." Before they could get far, they were stopped by a gang of teenage girls.

"Hello!" They all chimed.

"Hi..." Ranma was always a bit nervous around girls.

"Who are you?" The girl with the green ribbons in her hair asked.

"I'm just the new English teacher. I'll be staying here at the dorms, so I hope to get to know each of you." This sent a wave of excitement through the crowd.

"What's your name?"

"Ranko. Ranko Saotome. Pleased to meet you."

"My name is Fujio Himejima."

"It's nice to meet you Fujio-chan..." Ranma noticed something in her. The girl's aura was larger then normal for a non-fighter.

"What's wrong?"

"You wouldn't happen to study martial arts?"

"Yup. I'm pretty good too. I have a black belt in Aikido."

"Not bad..." Ranma knew as far as normal people were concerned, that was quiet an achievement. Of course, Ranma-chan had never known too many normal people, forcing her to fake a level of appreciation. "Keep it up. Perhaps latter you can show me what you've got."

"Ok. Sounds great."

"All see you girls latter." Ranma-chan and Ryoga-chan quickly made their way out of their before the girls could ask any more questions.

____________________________

Soun woke to the sounds of cartoons and wondered for a second, who's child had sneaked into his house and turned the TV on. Seconds latter, he figured out it was his own child, Kasumi. And he really meant child. For some strange reason, Kasumi appeared to be thirteen years old.

He struggled against his first two natural instincts. To cry and to pass out. Neither would help in this situation, not that they ever did, however, his mind came preprogrammed with these two things. Suddenly a new idea hit him.

'Kasumi gave up so much of her childhood for this family... I'm not sure how, but it appears that the powers that be have decided to reward Kasumi with a second chance...' He got up and went into the closet to retrieve something his wife left him before she passed away. "Kasumi dear, go upstairs and pack your things. It's time for you to live your own life."

____________________________

"Well Ranma, I'll see you later. I've got to get back to my training."

"See you around... buddy."

Ryoga left and Ranma-chan was left holding the kettle. She turned from the front door and lifted up the kettle like he'd done a thousand times before and poured. As his body returned, he heard a gasp. Doing a 180, he saw Ruru standing at the door watching.

"So that's how you did it."

"Ruru! I can explain."

"Don't worry about it. Everyone's past is their own." Ruru said with a chuckle. "It's the future we've got to worry about. Your secrets safe with me. Your not the only one around here doing that. Just the first to do it with magic..."

"Then your not going to faint?"

"Nah, I've lived for a long time and seen a lot stranger things then that kiddo. Speaking of strange, I hear your staying at the dorm. You sure that's a good idea?"

"Yeah. It will make it easier to get the student's trust me if I'm around them more often."

"Smart. Well, don't forget to stop by every once in a while."

"I will Ba-chan. I will."

_______________________________

"Yes, I'm calling to enroll my child. Yes, I have the paper work my wife left me... I'll bring it by tomorrow if that's ok... Yes... Thank you." Soun hung up the phone and went to the living room. As he entered, he spotted Kasumi holding her bag. She appeared to be a bit confused.

"I did what you asked me to do father. But why?"

"Kasumi, when your mother passed away, you gave up your childhood. I've decided that since you've been given a second chance, I'm going to fulfill your mother's dying wish. I'm sending you back to school so you can live your life the way you want to."

In case you've lost track of where everyone is currently at, check this list out.

Genma-
Shampoo -
Ryoga -
Dr. Tofu -
Ranma -
Akane -
Cologne -
Soun Tendo -
Nodoka Saotome -
Herb -
Mint -
Lime -
Ukyo - Unknown

(Thanks again for reading. I'm sorry if any part of this chapter seemed overly repetitive. I'm just trying to tackle some of the issues I've never dealt with before in a story.

There is still time to influence my writing. Write me an email or put it in the review. Either way, if I can do it, I will. I take each suggestion as if they are challenges. And we all know, I can't refuse a challenge...

As for the original Ranma cast, I'm thinking of some ways for them to be a part of this. However, that is defiantly still in the future still. No, Ranma and Kasumi aren't going to fall in love since they are cousins. I'm working on a special someone for him. I can't say anything more then that right now.)