Project A-Ko Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction / I My Me!(Ai Mai Mi!) Strawberry Eggs Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Another day of Private School ❯ Chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Please feel free to read and review.

Chapter 4 version 1.0 status: experimental

Ranma-chan stood patiently outside the principals office. She could hear someone talking about a pervert peeping in the dorm windows. Ranma shuddered and quickly prayed that Happousai was not involved. After a few more minutes, the door opened. Amawa Hibiki exited and spotted Ranma. When Amawa stepped closer, Ranma tensed.

"Hello? Are you new here?" Ranma relaxed when she was sure Amawa did not recognize her.

"Yeah. I just got hired yesterday," She replied casually. This caused an odd reaction from Amawa.

"You won't happen to be Ranma would you?" Amawa asked in a whisper.

"Ranma?" Ranma swallowed hard. "No, that's... my brother. He's staying over at Gochiso."

"Really? I mean I find it off that your wearing the same clothing he was..."

"This? Well, it's very popular where we're from."

"And that would be?"

"Nerima."

"That's a district of Tokyo right?"

"Yup," Ranma wanted to whip her brow, but didn't. She was starting to convince Amawa and didn't need to add to her suspicions. "Ever been there?"

"Fraid not."

"It's a nice place to visit, just not a good place to live."

"Why is that?"

"They've got a group the locals call 'The Wreaking Crew'. The property damage they do isn't covered by normal insurance."

"Wow, sounds dangerous. Well, I have to run. My name's Amawa Hibiki."

"Nice to meet you," Ranma-chan internally added again. "Mine's Ranko Saotome."

Finally, Amawa walked off. Ranma-chan then turned to see if the principal was ready to speak to her. As she entered, she politely cleared her throat.

"Ah, Ranko. Thank you for coming in on such short notice."

"No problem."

"First, here is your schedule." Ranma accepted it and looked over it briefly. "There is something else I'd like to speak to you about."

"What's that?"

"Lately, there have been reports of a peeping tom at the girls' dorm. We were hoping we can count on you to help protect the girls incase this pervert decides to do more then peep. Of course, if you could stop that as well, we'd be most grateful."

"No problem. Protecting the weak is one of my jobs."

"Yes, we thought so. I was looking over the many papers you presented us with and we found this one." She handed Ranko the certificate of the Anything Goes Martial Arts. The name Ranko Saotome was clearly written on the top.

"Whoops, how did that get in there?" Ranma-chan grimaced.

"It's ok. We actually feel better knowing that our teacher can handle herself against any perverted males that might be lurking around. We've asked Amawa to watch the children, so feel free to do whatever you can to stop this peeping tom," her glare grew very cold. "And I do mean whatever. If you succeed, there will be a bonus on your next pay check."

"Don't worry about that. As I tried to say before, protecting the weak is the duty of a true martial artist."

________________________________

As Ranma-chan entered her apartment at the Gochiso and went to the bathroom to change. Just as he finished, he heard a knock at the front door.

"Come in!" He yelled, hoping whoever was there was listening. He soon heard the front door open.

"Hello, Ranma? Son, are you there?" Soun's voice could be heard very clearly.

"Hi, Mr. Tendo," as he exited the bathroom to greet his uncle, he noticed the small child. "Who's that?"

"It's me Ranma." Ranma stopped as his mind started forming a picture. Kasumi is this girl?

"Kasumi?"

"Yay! You do recognize me!" She cheered.

"Yeah, but how'd this happen?"

"Mushrooms!" That was all Ranma needed to hear. "Damn that Ryoga! He just had to leave one laying around."

"Ranma," Soun interrupted. "Ryoga had nothing to do with this. It was Akane."

Soun finished explaining what happened and it reminded Ranma of one of the reason he hated leaving. His stomach growled at the thought of Akane's home cooking.

"I don't suppose you came here to drop off some of her stew?"

"Sadly, no. After that incident, she's refused to cook us anything."

"What! Akane's not cooking any more?"

"She's too afraid that she'll end up doing harm to one of us. I said what I could, but at this point, she just has to relearn why she loved to cook. We will tell her how you miss her cooking if you want."

"Sure, but if that's not why your here..."

"We are here because I've decided to use this opportunity to let Kasumi have a second chance. She's been enrolled at the middle school your teaching at."

"Really? Wow, sounds cool, huh Kasumi?"

"Yeah!" Kasumi chimed in. "Big brother can teach me!"

"Kasumi, aren't you acting a bit childish?"

"Yes, but father said I should act my age and enjoy my second chance. So I am," she said just before she feel down and started giggling. Ranma just smiled. He was glad that Kasumi was being given this chance. She deserved it more then anyone he'd ever meet.

"Now Kasumi, you might be over doing it a bit..."

"I don't mind. I feel so good Ranma," her face was almost glowing and this prevented Ranma from saying anything else.

_______________________________

"So Kasumi, what's been happening around the Tendo house since I've been gone?"

"Well, let's see..." she thought a minute. "You've been gone almost... four years right?"

"I think five," he casually stated.

"Wow, it doesn't seem that long," she lifted her tiny head up to the ceiling and squinted her eyes. "Ah, I know. You remember that guy Taro?"

"Yeah..."

"He's dating Akane now."

"What?!"

"Yup. He's very nice once you get to know him. It turns out that one of the reasons he caused so much trouble for you was his feelings for Akane."

"Well, I'll be. Guess miracles do happen..."

"Akane's not the only one dating now. Nabiki meet this really handsome fighter who went by the name Goku."

'Goku?... Where have I heard that name before...' He tried to figure out the mystery, but Kasumi kept on talking.

"Love is in the air and my sisters aren't the only ones it's gotten to."

"What? Did you find someone?"

"No," she suddenly paused and grew sad.

"Don't worry Kasumi, your young. You've got plenty of time for that."

"I know," her frown suddenly turned into a smile. "Father's dating again!"

"Now this I find hard to believe."

"I know, but it's true. He's dating a lot now and between you and me, I think he's getting some too." At first, Ranma's mind froze while trying to figure out what Kasumi meant, but then he realized.

"It's good to know he's still got life in him," Ranma joked.

"Yup, I haven't seen him so... normal in a long time. He's a lot like he was before mother died."

____________________________________

Ranma-chan yawned and prepared her bed. It felt strange to actually have a bed. She'd slept on futons and sleeping bags for most of her life. Now, she would be sleeping in her own bed on a regular basis.

Her day had been interesting. She help Kasumi learn where the school was. After that, Ranma-chan showed Kasumi how to get to the dorm. They talked the whole way about what was going on at the house. Some of the things he learned were still too strange sounding.

'At least she didn't say I've got a brother on the way...' Just then, the phone rang. Ranma just knew it couldn't be good. When he picked up, he recognized the other person as Ruru.

"Ranma, your father just called here. He had something to tell you."

"Ok, I'll give him a call tomorrow." He figured he could call tonight, but he had other things to do. Such as stop a peeping tom. 'If it's you Happousai, I'm finally going to kill you. No one is going to ruin this job for me now!'


____________________________________

Ranma sat perched on top of the dorm, watching the ground like a hawk. All of his senses were actively searching for anything that seemed... wrong.

Already, he was sensing something, but it was still unclear where it was, so he waited. After a few minutes, he heard something. A rustling as if someone had landed on a tree branch. He leapt off the roof straight towards the sound. In mid air, he spotted his target. A man in a brown leather over coat.

Ranma landed on the limb his target had just jumped off of and rebounded himself in the correct direction. Thankfully, the target wasn't expecting anyone up that high and never saw Ranma until it was too late. A hand impacted against his neck, sending him flying to the ground.

"Ow... Who did that to me?" He sounded irritated.

"I did old man. Your not allowed to peak in the windows of the girls dorm. I won't allow it."

"So, you think your going to stop me?" The old man put up his best Ki front. He glowed briefly as he did.

"You think that's supposed to scare me? I've faced perverts with much higher perversion auras then that." Suddenly the old man launched into an attack. Ranma was hit directly in the gut. He doubled over for a second, surprised that the old man was capable of such an attack. "I you should know, if that's the best you've got, then you might want to give up now."

"Ha, your the one bending over."

"How about I return the favor." Ranma said as he straightened up and blurred towards his target. The old man yelled as Ranma landed a punch in his gut. "I'd say that makes us about even. Care to try your luck?"

The old man just continued to hold his stomach.

"I can't believe you struck an old man?"

"Believe it. I've hit older then you."

"Such disrespect to your elders." The old man finally recovered and kicked. His kick was easily deflected. Before he could try another attack, he got a fist to his head, causing him to fall over.

Ranma went up and toed him.

"Out like a light..." That's when Ranma heard the sounds of an angry mob. 'Oh shit! This is what I get for patrolling in my male form.'

Ranma grabbed the unconscious body and ran towards the Gochiso. He remembered seeing the perverted old man there before. As he was running, the old man came to.

"I see your back. Well, if you value your life, listen. Behind us are the girls from the dorm you were planning on spying on. When we get back, you'd better hide."

"Ok, I will."

Just outside Gochiso, Ranma set the old man down and went into his cloaked mode. That's when he saw Amawa Hibiki run into the Gochiso. Ranma wondered why a teacher would be running there, so he followed Amawa.

Ranma soon found himself going down a strange tube that Amawa had gone down. When Ranma finally got to the bottom, Amawa was busy cleaning her face. At least that's what it looked like until she started to remove the color from her hair. By the time Amawa was done, she was a... he.

"What the?" Ranma accidentally said out loud. Amawa spun around and came face to face with Ranma. "And here I thought no one would want my curse..."


In case you've lost track of where everyone is currently at, check this list out.

Genma-
Shampoo -
Ryoga -
Dr. Tofu -
Ranma -
Akane -
Cologne -
Soun Tendo -
Nodoka Saotome -
Herb -
Mint -
Lime -
Ukyo - Unknown



(Thanks again for reading. I'm thinking of having adding Shampoo in the next chapter, but be warned. She's going to be different. )