Project A-Ko Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Slayers Fan Fiction / Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ cHaOs Energy Times Infinity ❯ Chap 19 ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
cHaOs Energy Times Infinity
Chapter 19
Crossover Bid For Power/Ranma/Sailor Moon/Slayers/ Project A-Ko/DBZ/Tenchi
by Afroplex - jwessels@ranko.homelinux.net
http://ranko.homelinux.net

Disclaimer - This crossover story is not for profit. All characters within are property of their respective owners. Please don't sue me, you won't get anything out of it since I'm but a poor college student.



SPACE STATION EMERGENCE

"Hey Washu! How's the repair doing?" Komosauro asked, for the tenth time in as many minutes.

The former goddess of knowledge ignored him, but took another note to think of some particularly nasty experiment to add to the ones she noted before. Jake was in his element, now having access to Washu's technology and even suggested new ways she could go about some things. Washu may be a scientist, but it takes an engineer to apply it effectively.

Komo gave up his prodding, just thankful that Washu agreed to help repair the two fighters and the starship.

"Say, this isn't a dimensional-" Jake started.

"Yup! That puppy I've been saving for a few thousand years - just haven't had a reason to use it. Well, there was that one time I had to send Tenchi and the girls back to save the past from Kain, but other than that we can use it." Washu beamed with pride, "Whipped up on Kain well." A sadness than donned her face, "Thanks to Tenchi..."

Jake hefted the two ton machine, not used to these mushy moments and more readly for action. "I could use some help installing it in the engine room. Tell you what, after we are done, we can deticate the ship to his memory."

Washu looked up, "I... my daughter and I would like that." A tear went down her face, while internally she vowed to pull out all the stops and make such a memorial detication the best. "Let's take the ship into my lab. We should be able to do much more." Touching her computer screen, she opened a hole under the fighters and the main ship to move them.

Outside the dimensional lab that now housed the Shogo and fighters, and back in normal space, Komo bumped into Ranma. "Hey, you're alive."

Ranma knodded, "Just barely, I swear that Cko is trying to kill me! Spicy food I like - heck I can take nuclear flavored now complete with radiation. Her stuff now seems to have taken a flavor of the undead now in an effort to kill me on the spirtual side. I'd hate to see her pair up with Akane."

"Akane? Ah, that's right. Your parents arranged something between you two. Any luck with Usagi, Sailor Moon... ah whatever."

A boom, then some smoke came from down the corridor.

Ranma shrugged, "Not so well. Lina has tried her out with simple spells, a different method that I was using."

"How so?" Komo asked as they started to walk toward the disaster area.

"Lina's method is more methodical - so we thought that maybe simple steps would easier to do. Mine was interacting with the flow of magic, like a martial artist with the flow of the art. Usagi just doesn't seem to find that point she had when fighting after she saw Mamoru die the first time." Ranma turned the corner into the room where the smoke was just starting to clear.

Lina was just starting to stand up after impacting the far side of the wall. Sailor Moon was buried under a pile of storage containers that was on the far side of the room.

"I see what you mean. Maybe I should give it a shot." Komo rubbed his chin.

Lina and Ranma looked at him, smiles growing glad to have someone to hoist the sailor suited fighter of justice. Then Ranma frowned, "Wait a sec, you don't know any magic. What makes you think you could do a better job?"

"Just a different perspective on things. My teacher in my school taught ways of dealing with forces much stronger or unknown by attacking from a different angle instead of head on." Komo walked over to the pile of containers. Grabbing hold of Sailor Moon's ankle, he lifted her straight up. This freed the unconscious girl, but also gave a free view with the short upside down skirt.

Lina bonked Komo on the head, "Pervert!"

"Hey, I didn't mean it!"

Ranma wasn't paying attention, and was thinking more on what Komo said. "It sorta makes sense. The old goule was always using a side adventure or other scheme to try and trick me, or train me in a new technique but never was direct."

A large smile spread across Komo's face, "Exactly. That is the one basis of my art to deal with things indirectly."

Mamoru chose this time to stop by to see how his future queen was doing. "Well, how's it going?"

Ranma grunted in disgust, "Heh, like you could do anything rose boy."

Sailor Moon barely registered that comment as she was returning to consciousness. "Hey! Don't pick on my Mamuchan!" Taking a second to realize the position she was in, "Uhm... could you please put me down?"

Komo put her down, trying not to knock her out again on the floor.

Lina stepped in front of the recovering warrior of love and justice. "He does have a point. Mamoru can't do much except some fancy jumps, a few knocks with that cane, and throw roses. Most anyone in this space station could probably beat him - including Nabiki if she uses that fighter of hers. She has a lot more battle brains than he has shown. From what I've heard from the other scouts, he just shows up toward the end of the fight instead of from the beginning to give a thorough decisive victory."

During Lina's little lecture, Mamoru frowned deeper. Finally after she was done, he spoke up, "I have done what I did to make sure that the scouts grow stronger from their fights."

Komo this time laid into him, "That's what training is. Only when the fight isn't life or death do you take the time to restrain yourself from the fight. You were playing with their lives when you didn't step in from the beginning."

Mamoru tried to think of a response to that, when Sailor Moon nodded her head and studied the floor. "They're right. I guess we were just kinda caught in the fantasy idea of things. Transforming into magical soldiers of justice might have gone to our heads."

The group just stood their as an uncomfortable silence settled, then punctuated by a beeping on Komosauro's communicator.

"Better not be another collision course ship..." Lifting the device he tapped the receive button, "Ya, what is it?"

Kyah's voice hummed through the small device, "Vegeta is coming in from planet Atlantis. Just thought you may want to meet him since he will be leading our group in the assault."

"Ok, I'll bring Lina, Ranma and Sailor Moon with me. Mamoru might join us as well if he is up to it." Closing the call, "Well, let's go meet our big bad leader. Who ever he is."

Outside the space station, Vegeta was in a single seat automatic pilot ship. He looked up through the canopy, thankful the trip was faster than the Saiyjin pods he used to ride around in destroying planets. Also he had to admit the seating and view were much more accomodating. "I sense some strong powers coming up, I might have something to work with after all."

Komo entered the ship hanger, now empty with the ships in repair. "Where the hell is my ship!?"

Kyah was in the third story control room overlooking the spacious hanger. "Relax, Jake and Washu took them for repair." Outside the group noticed a fast moving star moving toward them against the galaxy background. "Well, our guest has arrived."

The dot came into view, formed into a triangle shaped craft (similar to an A-Wing from Star Wars), then came to a light landing in the middle of the hanger. The canopy lifted open, and the dark haired warrior stepped out.

Kyah and Komo both growled, "Well, if it isn't the guy from before."

Vegeta strode toward the pack, "Fancy meeting you here. I recognize you from our fight on that destroyed planet. Telleo was it?"

"Billions died on that planet you know. You were partly to blame, and should be arrested. I'm surprised that Atlantis didn't deal with you while you were there." Komo stared down at Vegeta, who was a whole head shorter.

"I never harmed any innocents, just their excuse for a robotic military." Vegeta didn't waver, simply sizing up his possible opponent.

Kyah's voice came out over the PA system, "We can discuss this later. Sir Vegeta is here to lead us on the assault against where the enemy may be staging their attacks from. Now, if you would lead him up here to the control room, I can brief him personally on what we know."

Vegeta smirked, "Maybe I can show you what a true super saiyjin can do sometime. You won't be disappointed."

Ranma didn't like what he was seeing of Vegeta's attitude. "I'll show him up. You guys can get back to Usagi's training and fixing up the ships."

Vegeta followed Ranma, who was silent as they went up the elevator. Both stared at each other from opposite sides of the doors, and remained quiet as the doors opened to show Kyah with her arms crossed.

"Vegeta, thank you for coming. I seem to remember our last battle - hopefully you have grown stronger since then."

Vegeta's eyes narrowed, "I don't need any advice in battle from you woman. I am a saiyjin warrior, and can handle myself in battle fine."

Kyah chuckled, then quickly hid her amusement at the tough front Vegeta was trying to put out. "I'm sure you can. Now, we can get down to business." Turning to Ranma, "Would you stay, I believe your abilities will need to be demonstrated to get Vegeta here an idea with what we are."

Ranma shrugged an affirmative. "Sure thing."

In the control room a door branched off toward some of the more militarized areas of the space station, including the tactical ops room.

The moment Kyah stepped in, the projector hologrid came to life in the middle of the room. A shot of the spiral galaxy swirled with several silver, red and golden dots blinking.

Vegeta went to the far side of the projection, "Nice show, so what is it?"

"As you probably know from Atlantis, this new enemy is making a push to disrupt anything and everything. With the force of several empires congregating in one place due to the kidnappings, that leaves the other planets they left wide open. While you were coming here, those planets fell under attack - and the forces that were congregating were attacked before the deadline the kidnapped individuals were to be returned. It is an ambush in progress as we speak." Kyah tapped a few buttons on the side of the grid, zooming into the alpha quadrant. "This is where most of the action is - here is where we are, and this is where we believe the enemy is coming from. As close as it is, I'm amazed the station hasn't been attacked."

Ranma yawned, "Ok, maybe we got lucky."

Vegeta grunted, "Lucky indeed. This station probably wouldn't stand a chance. If I was against us, I would eliminate the weak cannonfodder first."

"ANY-how," Kyah tapped another button hard, "We are supposed to eliminate the enemy - our force is probably the only one that is free to do so. So, it is your call Vegeta - do we attack their fortress, or lend a hand and try to free up the galactic empires force being ambushed?"

"It is a no brainer, we take out the root of the problem given the opportunity. We take out the fortress." Vegeta stated. "Surprised you would ask such a thing - it is simple war tactics here. Any royalty or command would know that."

"Wait, shouldn't you see what the team can do?" Ranma asked. Vegeta turned to the martial artist.

"I have no need to. I can feel the power here, and with me here you have nothing to worry about. I know a thing or two about magic too - Freeza was a demon, and with that comes a little in the area of the dark arts." Vegeta started to form a thin, but very bright well defined blue battle aura, "I didn't live as long as I did without learning a thing or two."

Walking to the doorway they entered from, Vegeta looked over his shoulder back at the two, "We leave tomorrow morning. Make sure you are ready cause I'm not waiting for no one."

Kyah put her hand on Ranma's shoulder, "Don't let him get to you. I've let petty things cloud my judgement for many years, and all it got me was an empty space station. If Vegeta isn't careful, his arrogance will get him the same thing."

Ranma's shoulders sloped, "I know, its just that sometimes it feels like everyone is out to get me."

Laughter erupted, causing Ranma to back away with a hurt look on his face. Kyah shook her head, "Don't we all, but at least you have friends that are willing to listen to you and fight for you. Here I'm basically a wanted criminal by everyone in the known universe - or if you count the multi-verse kidnappings."

"Hey, at least you are trying to correct your wrongs. Wish my pop would at least help me out instead of making things worse," Ranma sat down on on of the hologram briefing chairs. Swinging around with his back toward Kyah, he leaned back with his arms behind his head and looked up at the ceiling. "Only after getting away from the trouble back home and trying to help others with their problems lately have I been able to take a new look on things. It's amazing I grew up like I did with what my father did to me."

Kyah leaned up against the wall and crossed her arms, "Don't tell me this is one of those whining sessions."

Ranma snorted, "Hardly, just one of those thinking out loud things."

"Well, I'm going to go check on the ships and lend any resources I can to helping their repair. Be ready in the morning." The door opened with a swish of air, and closed in the same way leaving Ranma alone with the glowing projection of the galaxy. Turning the chair, he looked up at it.

"This all seems like a dream, but is too real - and right on par with my usual craziness." He mentally triggered his curse and the clothing adjustments for the smaller body. He also didn't notice the shape phase in through the floor behind him. "Won't the old goule be surprised when I get back. Technically with my silver millenium memories, I am probably older than her now."

The mention of the Amazon matriarch sparked his - now here - memory to remember that it just wasn't her and Nabiki that was pulled through, but also Kuno, Shampoo, Akane and Ryoga. "I guess after this fight, I'll have to find out where they went to."

Cyan spiked hair came into view, surprising Ranma and toppling her over in a tangled heap. "Ow..."

Ryoko lent out a hand, "Sorry about that, just thought you might want to talk." Ranma reached out and grabbed the strong, firm, but still definitely femine grip. Ryoko easily pulled Ranma up, "Spending some time in your girl form?"

"Ya, I accepted this form when I sorta merged with my new past self. I just don't like doing everything girly like that stupid outfit," pausing unconfortably. "It's about Tenchi right?"

Ryoko's stoic neutral appearance crumbled, tears came immediately to Ryoko's eyes, and she collapsed in the redhead's arms - almost toppling them over if it wasn't the chair behind Ranma. She collapsed in the chair, holding Ryoko in her lap like an overgrown child. Ranma was totally caught off guard, and was stiff as a board not knowing what to do. Reaching around Ryoko, she hugged her which quieted Ryoko down.

They stayed like that for a minute... then five minutes... an hour... till Ryoko fell asleep. Ranma not wanting to disturb her, didn't move then finally fell asleep - till finally night fell over the space station.