Project A-Ko Fan Fiction ❯ Project A-Ko: New Adventures of Supergirl! ❯ Chapter 14

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Project A-ko: The New Adventures of Supergirl Part Sixteen: And then they were eight...

A soft hum and a burst of light and sound, then there was a displacement of air as three figures appeared in the teleport tubes. The Martian Manhunter steped out first, then Green Lantern, while the Flash zipped around the room at high speed.

"Wowthisissoneat!CouldIgoonaheadpleaseandtakealookaround,pl ease,please?Iwont touchanythingIswear.." Flash turned to ask J'onn excitedly.

"Slow down," Green Lantern grinned at her friend. The green haired woman turned to the Manhunter, "Sorry, she sometimes forgets she operates a few speeds faster than everybody else."

"Sorry," Flash's blush was visible even underneath her cowl.

'She reminds me of Wally West, back when I first met him,' J'onn thought. "It's all right," he smiled, "and I caught the majority of what you said. Go on ahead to the meeting room, but be careful."

"Right," Flash waved and was gone, leaving traces of lightning hanging in the air.

"It's been a long time sir," Green Lantern said as the walked down the corridor together. "I'm not sure if you remember me," she used her ring to remove her mask, "but I'm Kyla Scott."

"Of course I remember," J'onn smiled, "you, A-ko and the others back when we in the JLA would take you all for summer camp."

"That, and to train us in our powers," Kyla agreed.

Cleaning up the monitor room, D-ko paused as an odd rumble could be heard. "EEP!" the blonde squeaked as a object whizzed on by her.

"Excuse me." the red blur shouted back before disapearing.

"Oracle!" D-ko cried, "What's going on?"

In another part of the Watchtower there was a flicker in the hallway and the Oracle hologram appeared in front of them. "I've just been told there's a super speed object moving around the Watchtower," she smiled, "I take it that's Flash?"

"Indeed," J'onn nodded to her, "and I'd like to introduce you to Ms. Kyla Scott, Earth's latest Green Lantern."

"Nice to meet you," Kyla squeeked nervously. 'She's gorgeous,' the woman thought as she looked the redhead over, 'too bad she's a hologram.'

"Nice to meet you too," Oracle smiled. She turned to J'onn, "I've heard back from Kestrel, Supergirl and Steel, they should be here momentarily."

Not long before in the city of Metropolis the three of them exited the elevator into the Lexcorp tower's lobby as Lena Luthor waved both A-ko and B-ko on ahead of her. The tall redhead in the business suit said with a smile, "I'm glad you came by to visit."

"So am I," B-ko admitted. A bit more quietly, "Maybe we could do it again sometime."

"I'd be glad to," Lena smiled. She smiled slightly as she looked over at A-ko, "We'll try not to lapse so much into techno-babble next time."

A blushing A-ko chuckled softly, "Heh, I got some good food and a nap." She shrugged, "The trip was a success to me."

"So speaks the walking appetite," B-ko chuckled. She hesitated, then stepped forward to give her mother a hug, "See you later."

"Soon," Lena hugged her back a bit akwardly.

Both young women walked out the front doors and onto the street before they disappeared from Lena's line of sight. She stood there a moment, lost in her thoughts until her assistant literally popped up from nowhere.

"How did it go?" Jessica Olsen asked cheerfully.

"Pretty good," Lena admitted as Jessica passed over a personal organizer. "She's going to come over and see me again, at least."

"That's not bad at all," Jessica and Lena walked over to the elevator together, "have you come out to her yet?"

"I'm not quite ready to admit to my daughter that her Dad used my sexuality to blackmail me to stay away from her," Lena explained dryly.

"Well, considering how close she and A-ko seem to be, she'd probably understand," Jessica offered cheerfully.

"Let's hope," Lena murmured softly.

Back up on the Watchtower A-ko and B-ko stepped out of the teleporter together. They stopped when they heard it start up again, and Kestrel stepped off the platform beside them.

"How did seeing your mother go?" Kestrel asked, pausing while both A- ko and B-ko changed into their costumes.

"Pretty well," B-ko admitted as she locked own the final semets of her Steel armor.

Kestrel gave her a gentle smile, "I'm glad."

"And they're so alike it's almost scary," A-ko added as she pulled her 'S' logo T-shirt on, "the tech-talk was so thick you could have cut it with a knife."

"I'm planning on going down to see her again," B-ko said as she and the others set off down the hallway. Looking over at Kestrel, "Would you like to come along next time?"

"I'd be honored," Kestrel pushed back her cowl with a smile. "Are you doing anything after we get the meeting finished?" Helena Wayne asked.

"Some lab work is all," B-ko looked over at the dark haired young woman curiously.

"Once your done would you like to go out?" Helena offered. She smiled slightly, "I still haven't had a chance to show you arround Gotham yet."

"I'd like that," B-ko smiled back.

As they neared the meeting room A-ko's enhanced hearing picked up the two new voices. "Sounds like GL and Flash are already here," she warned them.

Helena pulled her cowl back up smoothly, as B-ko activated her visor, darkening it slightly to obscure her face. "Let's go," B-ko nodded.

A-ko lead the way inside the room, smiling happily as she recognized the Green Lantern immediately, "Hi, Kyla!"

"A-ko," the Flash hit her with a flying hug, "it's good to see you again!" She pulled back her hood, "It's me, Iris!"

Kyla, Iris and A-ko were exchganging happy greetings as B-ko looked at the three of them oddly, "You all know each other?"

"We all used to meet over the summer holidays," A-ko grinned at her, "the kids of the JLA. Our parents helped train us while we played together."

"Did you meet Kestrel back then too?" B-ko asked softly.

Kestrel shook her head, "Grandpa never got involved in that stuff much, other than his duties as A-ko's godfather."

Strangely, B-ko felt relieved at hearing that.

"If you're done with the hellos," J'onn smiled, "I'd like to get back to the reason we invited the two of you up here: to invite you into joining the Justice League."

"Iris would be a good member," Kyla smiled, "but I think I'm a little too green at this, if you'll pardon the bad pun."

"Don't put yourself down," Iris spoke up firmly, "they wouldn't have chosen you if you couldn't handle the job."

"Even when I knew you before you became a Green Lantern," A-ko said, "you used Alan Scott's ring expertly. Trust me, you can do the job."

Kestrel held up her hand, "I'm not going to push you into joining us. I didn't choose to put this costume on until I was sure I was ready." Her voice acquired a certain intensity, "But once we put these costumes on, they carry a responsibility to help the greatest number of people as possible."

Kyla was nodding thoughtfully, "I guess once I put this suit on I accepted the responsibility." She smiled slightly, "All right, I'm in."

"Then so am I," Iris beamed,

To be continued...