Psych Fan Fiction ❯ Cry ❯ Two ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sorry it's been a while.
 
 
Shawn couldn't quite shake the feeling of uneasiness that overtook him after he had watched that video. Even now, three hours later, he was still nervous. He had yet to show the tape to Gus. The psychic had told his friend about it, sure. However, that had only been through a phone conversation (Shawn had been too unnerved to wait for the salesman to leave Central Coast). Gus had suggested that it was only a prank. After all, wouldn't they send it to the police if they were serious? Shawn couldn't find it in himself to agree.
 
A mere fifteen minutes ago, Chief Vick had called him up and requested that he come down to the station as soon as time allowed. That was how he found himself walking into her office right now. “Hey, Chief,” he said, trying to smile, “You needed me?” Karen merely handed him a photograph.
 
The corpse of a little boy stared back at him. His dark hair was straightened out due to wetness, but Shawn had the sneaking suspicion that it was normally curly. A set of dark blue marks surrounded the child's neck. Two long wounds ran down the boy's face, starting from the outside corners of his eyes.
 
“Michael Butler,” the Chief began, “was just found this morning after a long disappearance.”
 
Shawn was still looking at the picture when he answered. “Three weeks, right?”
 
Karen raised an eyebrow. “Yes. Psychic vision?”
 
“No,” he said, reaching into his jacket pocket. He pulled out the package he had received earlier in the day. “Video tape.”
 
Review!