Psych Fan Fiction ❯ Mary Had a Little Sue ❯ Sue on the Loose ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

All pen names mentioned in this fic belong to people I know in real life.
 
Gus had still been at his first job when he got Shawn's text. Terrified for his friend, he signed out early and raced his little blue car over to the Psych office, picturing horrifying scenarios all the way. Therefore, it was no great surprise that the salesman screamed like a little girl when he entered the office and saw the Sue hanging all over his best friend. “Shawn!” he exclaimed when he finally recovered from his shriek.
 
The psychic looked at his friend with an implacable expression. “Shh,” he told him, “I'm hoping if we ignore her she'll go away.”
 
Gus frowned and strode over to the girl. He proceeded to grab her and quite literally drop her a few feet away from her original location. Walking back over to Shawn, he asked, “Do we have a new case?”
 
The Spencer scion, still gaping at the way his best friend had manhandled Francesca, absently gestured at the file. “Gus! I didn't think you had it in you.”
 
He merely shrugged before opening the file. “Chaotic Demon? Where did she get that pen name?” Shaking his head, he continued, “From the looks of things, we should probably talk to her brothers.” He squinted at the file. “CeLeSTialFuRY-GC and Bill the Demon Pony? What is up with these names?”
 
“Then we should talk to Demonic Chaos,” a female voice commented. Both men turned to find that Francesca Aiko Elric von Periwinkle III was standing just behind Shawn, poised to pounce on him when he least expected it. He quickly scuttled away from her and asked the first thing he could think of to distract her. “Who's Demonic Chaos?”
 
The Sue shrugged. “The dead girl's best friend. It's right there in the file.”
 
Gus looked down. Sure enough, the pen name was listed. “I guess we're going to interview them.”
 
“Oh!” Francesca's lovely violet eyes lit up in excitement. “Let me come! I'm an accomplished detective, you know.”
 
Shawn was quiet for a moment before replying. “Why not? Maybe we can pass you off on Lassie when we get the chance.”
 
Francesca tilted her head to the side. “What?” she asked, sounding genuinely confused.
 
“Nothing.”
 
Review!