Psych Fan Fiction ❯ Mary Had a Little Sue ❯ Long John Brown and Little Mary Bell ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
 
As Francesca Aiko Elric von Periwinkle III came out of the interrogation room, Shawn caught her violet gaze. All of a sudden, everything clicked in his mind. Quickly, he hurled himself away from Juliet's desk, causing the monitor to teeter dangerously on the wooden surface. He kept his eyes on the Sue as he let out a terrified scream. “No! Stay away from me!” he shrieked in a high soprano.
 
Gus stared at him for a moment before his eyes widened. “He's channeling Chaotic Demon's spirit!” he exclaimed. He paused for a moment before adding in an undertone, “She was a second alto, you idiot. Didn't you read the file?”
 
Shawn continued with his psychic charade as he clutched his head and fell to his knees with another girlish wail. Chest heaving as the author's spirit supposedly left his body, he pointed his finger at Francesca. “You,” he declared, “You killed her.”
 
The Sue's gaped at his accusation. “What? Why in the world would I kill her?” she asked, gesturing to herself with a perfectly manicured hand.
 
“Because,” the psychic said, shakily getting to his feet, “she created you. Don't try to deny it. Your fanfic is right on the computer there.”
 
Francesca let out a nervous laugh. “So? That doesn't mean I killed her.”
 
The Spencer scion stumbled forward. “She forgot about you. She left you in the lurch of your epic showdown with Mr. Malediction. But that was fine. After all, as long as the fic was still around, you still existed.” He paused and took in the incredulous expressions from the surrounding persons. He continued, “However, Chaotic Demon improved her writing and her characterizations. She no longer had any use for Mary-Sues. In fact, she was going to delete your story. You couldn't let that happen, so you killed her.”
 
The von Periwinkle was visibly trying to contain herself. “If I'm fictional, how could I have managed to kill her?”
 
“You're a Mary-Sue. You're naturally overpowered. According to this chapter,” he explained, gesturing to the computer, “you have demonic powers. With those, it would have been all too easy to finish her off. However, you still had the problem of getting away with the murder. Once again, you decided to rely on your Sueness. That's why you were hanging all over me earlier. You wanted to distract me so much that I wouldn't solve the case.” He finished with an emphatic nod.
 
Francesca bowed her head, causing her eyes to be shrouded in shadow. She smirked and began laughing, lifting her face so that her eyes, now with cat-like pupils, were once again visible. A dark, crackling aura was surrounding her and the ground started shaking. “Well,” she began, “it looks like you have it all figured out. Too bad you're all going to die.”