Ragnarok Fan Fiction ❯ Possessions ❯ The priestess and the assassin ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Possessions

RO fanfiction

Chapter1: The priestess and the assassin

"Damn…"

Watching as the huge minorous crashed to the ground, a chestnut haired figure grasped his katar and swiped it through the air, ridding it of the excess blood from the creature killed. Shinta glared at the creature. It had taken him quite some time before he had successfully killed the creatures. He had been wandering around the pyramids hoping to train when he had arrived at the scene in time to help his guildmate from being pummeled to death by the gigantic monsters.

*Speaking of his guildmate… *

Shinta turned to his comrade and his violet eyes widened in surprise.

"Damn…"

The assassin quickly made his way to his fallen comrade…

"Looks likes she got more than she had hoped for… Stupid little girl." He mumbled as he hefted unconscious girl in his arms.

Mizume blinked slowly trying to adjust with the lights streaming through her eyes. Her head throbbed painfully as she tried to remember what had happened.

*Training… Battle with minorous… check… 4 minorous… * she groaned

"Awake now, are you?" came a rough voice

Mizume lifted her head to see who was speaking to her. Her blue eyes met with glittering violet who smirked down at her.

"Shinta?" she whispered

"Hnnn…"

"Ow… what happened?" she asked him

"Shouldn't I be the one asking you that question?" he threw back at her

"Eh?"

"What were you doing in the pyramids? Minorous lair to be precise… you're a priestess… you don't belong there."

"I can take of myself, thank you!" she growled

Shinta glared down at her and put her to her feet.

"Yeah right." He whispered before turning his back on her and resuming his trek back to their castle.

"What?! Just because I'm a woman you don't see me fit to fight?!" Mizume yelled

Shinta stopped and pinned her with his steely violet eyes before turning to face her completely.

"It's not you being a woman. You are a priestess. You can't control or kill those creatures. You can't handle those creatures. Got that?" he told her silently

Mizume glared at him. "No. Yes, I may be a priestess. But I'm a battle priestess…"

"Hybrid battle…" Shinta interrupted her

"Fine. Hybrid battle. That proves to say that I can very well take care of myself. I can heal myself and beat those creatures!" she growled at him

Shinta lowered his face towards hers. "Fine. Then may you indulge my curiosity as to why you fell unconscious? If I hadn't been there you might have been killed."

"I.. errr…."

"Thought so." Shinta smirked and resumed his pace back to their castle

"Shinta!!!! Mizume!!!!"

Mizume looked up to she one of their guildmates, Meimi coming right toward them. Meimi, a huntress skidded to halt beside Mizume with her falcon soaring above their heads.

"Where have you two been?! Sachi has been fuming for two hours already!" she told them, then eyeing Mizume carefully she asked the priestess

"Mizume… what happened to your clothes? They're all torn up… and bloody…" Meimi gasped as her last observation sunk in.

"Kyaaa!!!! Mizume!!! Are you alright?!"

Mizume smiled faintly and winced internally at what would their guild master would say to her.

"Ummm… yes.. Meimi… I just went out to train…" she told Meimi quietly

"Train?! Then why are you all bloddied up?!"

"She had trained along with 4 minorouses…. That's what." Shinta's cold reply came from ahead of them.

Meimi shuddered at Shinta's tone. "How do put up with him?" she whispered to Mizume

The young priestess chuckled and watched as the assassin entered the gates of their castle.

Shinta had always been cold to everyone. Never uttering out a single word unless necessary. The only person he would really talk to was the battle priestess, Mizume. Meimi wondered what was with Shinta. He and Mizume were almost like two worlds apart with their differences. Mizume was always friendly, talkative, cheerful and helpful. Indeed, the perfect servant of God… well, almost. With her good traits came her bad side. She was too aggressive, defiant and stubborn. She was the only hybrid battle priestess they have ever known thus being the reason for her to be included in their guild. She was both capable of fighting and supporting her guildmates if need be. As a hybrid battle priestess, she was a rarity of their kind. Most priest's would tend to concentrate on their supportive skills or mostly on their battle skills but she on the other hand… did both.

Shinta on the other hand was included in their guild after he had helped them defeat a baphomet that had appeared on Payon Town for no apparent reason. None of their guildmates have ever tried to get to know him better because of the frightening aura that he sends out. The only person who ever came close to him was Mizume.

Meimi sighed and turned to her companion. "You know, you should change out of those torn garments of yours before Sachi sees you in those and blows up all over like a huge volcano."

Mizume chuckled and nodded her assent before teleporting to her room just in case.

"Shinta."

The assassin turned to look at their guild master sitting on the ledge of the balcony of their castle overseeing the entire dessert city of Morroc.

"What happened?" came the question from the knight

Shinta leaned his tall lean frame on the wall behind him and hid his eyes with his bangs.

"Mizume went to the pyramids to train for the day. Stupid priestess battled 4 minorouses at once. Almost getting herself killed." he told Sachi quietly

"But you weren't there by accident were you?" came the question

Shinta raised his head to look questioningly at the knight.

"I saw you follow her after she left the castle."

"Hnnn…."

"Just take care of her will ya? She's too impulsive. Shinta?" turning back to the wall behind him, Sachi shook his head when he saw no trace of the assassin anywhere. He chuckled. He knew that the quiet assassin would protect the priestess. He cared for her that much.

Mizume stretched her arms above her head as she walked around the castle. She had already changed into another uniform and reported to their guild master. After a long sermon from him, she went out to relax in the gardens.

She smiled. In the middle of the dessert… the people still find a way to make these beautiful plants grow.

"Mizume…"

Mizume turned to see another assassin just behind her. Taiki looked at her gently. Unlike Shinta, Taiki never had problems to express himself freely with everyone. Especially with this priestess.

"Taiki… hello! What brings you in this part of the castle?" Mizume chirped up at him

He looked at her worriedly, "Are you alright? I heard from Meimi what happened."

Mizume rolled her eyes. Trust Meimi to spread the word about her misadventures.

"Yes, Taiki. I'm alright. Luckily Shinta was there to help me…" she told him

Taiki's dark eyes darkened even more with the mention of the other assassin's name.

"I see…"

"Eh?"

"I'm just glad that you're alright. Take care next time would ya?"

Mizume chuckled. "Yes o mother hen!"

Taiki looked at her and smiled and lifted his eyes behind her to find a certain violet eyed assassin hidden in the shadows. Their gazes met shortly before the other assassin disappeared in sight.

He frowned and quietly excused himself from Mizume before moving on to the direction where the other assassin disappeared to.

Stopping at a specific tree far away from the priestess' range of hearing and sight, he spoke to an unseen person.

"Thank you for saving her earlier."

A grunt was heard from deep within the branches of the tree.

"I didn't do it for you or for anyone." Shinta said steely

"If you didn't do it for anyone then why did you save her?" Taiki challenged him

"I was merely at the same place at the same time. And besides, she was a comrade. A stupid comrade."

Taiki swiftly turned and swiped the tree with his jur.

Shinta jumped unscathed from the tree and pressed the blade of his katar on Taiki's neck. He smirked.

"Don't push me Hanazaki. I can kill you anytime I want and nobody can even dare to stop me." He told him in a quiet voice

Taiki glared at him, "You think the others will let you leave this place alive if you even make even a simple mistake with any members of this guild? Think again Mimori."

The other assassin merely smirked and pressed the katar even harder in his neck before completely moving back.

"Leave me alone and you'll have no problem with me." He threw at Taiki before moving away.

"I'll leave you alone alright… I'll leave you alone the moment you leave Mizume alone." Taiki growled at his back.

That made Shinta stop.

"She doesn't belong to anyone. Not even to a weakling like you."

Taiki gritted his teeth * Weak? No one has ever called him weak and lived to tell about it…but…* Clenching his fists, he knew he stood no chance against this assassin, he let it drop. Since this assassin gained the respect of their guild by single handedly defeating baphomet with Mizume supporting him in the back.

* But I couldn't let him walk away with letting him think that he was the only one who defeated baphomet…. *

"You wouldn't have stood a chance against baphomet if Mizume wasn't there supporting you." He gritted out through clenched teeth.

Shinta slowly turned his head to look at him through hooded eyes.

"And she's exactly the reason why I'm in this guild."

"Wha.. what?!"

Shinta turned and lifted his head to the sky above, letting the warm afternoon light caress his face.

"She was the one who asked me to join your guild. I knew I owe her for helping me defeat baphomet… and besides… I've been following your guild for quite sometime now."

Taiki gaped at him * He was following their guild?!!*

Shinta smirked before he turned to leave a gaping Taiki staring at his back.

"Alright everyone! Listen up!"

Sachi's voice boomed all over the room. Everyone fell silent as the all looked at their guild master.

The knight sat on the head chair before he spoke to each and every one. Looking at his guildmates, he looked at each and everyone before nodding. His decision finally made.

"Alright everyone, listen up. It's been three weeks since we've last moved out of this castle, the only place of training that we seem to get is within the pyramids and the sphinx area. And I've come to notice that most of you are now laying back on your responsibilities… meaning to say…"

Everyone looked at him apprehensively.

"Everyone's going back in training!"

"Whoeeeee!!!!" Rui screeched, "Back in training!! Back in training!!!" yelled the little mage happily.

"Sounds good to me Sachi. When are we leaving?" Omura asked him

The knight looked at him and raised his eyebrow in question.

"Who says we're all going together?"

Everyone quieted down and stared at their GM in question.

"What do you exactly mean Sachi?" Omura asked him

Sachi looked at the blacksmith and grinned.

"Everyone's going to go and train alright… but… each and everyone will be scattered in different parts of Midgard."

"Cool! Single training!" Miko chuckled

Sachi glared at the wizard. "Not single training. Partner training. I do not want any repeats of what happened to Mizume." He told everyone as he pointedly glared at the said priestess who grinned sheepishly at him.

"Alright. I'll be the one setting up the pairs. There's 16 of us so, there will be 8 pairs all in all. Now, listen up! After I've said the pairs, I would hear no whining from any of you! Got that clear!"

"Yes!" came the chorus around the room

"Alright, 1st pair, Sierra and Me, here in our base, Morroc.

2nd pair, Taiki and Meimi, Prontera,

3rd pair, Miko and Omura, Geffen Tower,

4th pair, Rui and Yukino, Glast Heim

5th pair, Ami and Genta, Byalan Island

6th pair, Hiko and Yuri, Clock Tower

7th pair, Omino and Anna, Byalan Island

8th pair, Mizume and Shinta, Payon."

Taiki glared at Sachi when he realized that Mizume and Shinta was going to be paired up. Meimi whistled quietly when she had heard the last pair and the others looked worriedly at Mizume.

Mizume grinned and turned to Shinta, "Let's go pack our things! I can't wait to start training!"

"Or get yourself killed" Shinta mumbled behind her

"Heard that Shinta!" Mizume's voice came ringing in their ears a few moments later.

Taiki glare at Sachi, "Sachi, I know you're our leader and all, but how could you?!"

Sachi glared back at Taiki, "What? How could I what? I paired those two up because Mizume's the only one that can fit together with Shinta easily. None of you can."

"But… man.. Mizume is going to go loco with that guy." Yukino whispered.

Sierra looked at the stairs where Mizume and Shinta left to… "Lets trust Sachi ne? He always has a very good judgment on everything. Lets see how this works out." She told them quietly.

Everyone looked apprehensive but none dared to speak in protest after that…

The cheerful priestess was going to have a hell of a time with her companion all the while training at Payon which is to be 3 months exactly.

Chapter 2: Mine

AN: Revies pls.. revies… muah muah!!! My very first RO ficcie, pls be gentle kk?

ROK ON!

Aoi-mizu-ryu

document.write "