Ragnarok Fan Fiction ❯ Possessions ❯ Mine ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Possessions

RO Fanfiction

AN: This is my very first Ragnarok Online fanfiction so please be gentle kk? I've been a ragnarok addict ever since I've learned to play it last January. /gg Wakekekekeke! Reviews pls….

ROK ON!

========================================================= ===========================

Chapter 2: Mine

A beautiful ghost fell with the final strike.

A raven haired priestess wiped her brow clear from the sweat that was pouring on her head. She sighed. It had been 2 months to be exact when they had left Morroc and stayed here in Payon to train.

Two months of impossible silence from her companion.

Two months of him testing her temper.

And two months of revelations.

Mizume sighed and secured the stunner to her side. She had tried almost everything to make Shinta laugh or smile or anything just to remove the blankness in his eyes.

She sighed yet again as she tried to figure out why the hell she was putting herself into so much trouble for one man who dared not even look at her.

Because you love him

Mizume started at the voice within her head and frowned.

* I do not love him.* she told herself, shaking her head in denial as made her way through the maze inside the cave.

Yes you do. Admit it priestess, you've fallen hard for the one person who doesn't even care a whit about you.

She growled to herself as she dared to attack 2 more demi-humans before her.

* I. Do. Not. Love. Him!*

Alright smarty pants! Then tell me, why do you put yourself in so much trouble just to see him smile?

* He's a friend. He doesn't smile. I just want to make him happy.*

Wrong girl! You think of him of more than just a friend. You care for him deeply, much deeper than you would as a friend.

* I… I don't know what you mean…*

Don't lie to yourself girl! I'm your conscience. I know what you're thinking, I know what you feel because I. Am. You.

* …..*

Mizume winced as she felt her head spin as the bongun managed to hit her good.

* Damned assassin making me lose concentration.* she thought as the bongun and munak continued to assault her. Her head was already spinning and her eyesight was getting blurry.

"Got to heal myself…. Got to heal myself…" she told herself as she continued to attack.

* Gasp*

Mizume pushed herself from the wall where she was thrown into. Just as she was about to attack, she was surprised by the blur of violet that passed by her. And almost in an instant, the two creatures was lying down on the rocky floor of the cave.

Looking up, she saw Shinta sheath his katar on his back.

Turning to look at her, she winced when she saw the absolute fury that was in his gaze… fury directed at her.

She stood up wobbly and looked down at the floor as she healed herself… only to stand still and gasp.

She closed her eyes and continued to chant a silent incantation.

"Heal!"

Mizume slowly opened an eyes and looked down at herself. Everything was still the same.

Dress torn and bloody, scratches all over her face and her arms, bruises on her thighs…

What's going on?

Shinta looked at her and sighed. "Stupid little girl." Coming closer to the stunned priestess, he bent down and scooped her in his arms.

Mizume blinked up at him, "Wha.. what are…"

"You need rest. You've already pushed yourself to the limit." came the quiet response

"But, if you just give me a few moments, I can regain my strength and we can continue…"

"Shut up."

Mizume glared up at him. "Just what is it with you Shinta? When I said that give me a few moments to regain my strength, I would! I'm not weak! I can fight just as well as you can."

Shinta continued his trek outwards the cave. "It's not you being weak. I know you can handle them by yourself. It's the matter of endurance that we're talking about. You lack endurance Mizume… that, and concentration."

Mizume flushed brick red. "How… how did you know?" she managed to stutter out loud

Shinta looked down at her and flashed her a slight smile. It was a small smile, but it was enough to make Mizume stare up at him dumbly.

"I was watching you as you dealt with those creatures."

"Oh…"

Looking back down at her, he ordered her gruffly, "Get some rest. We've had enough training for the day."

Mizume looked up at him, the memory of the slight smile he gave her made her relax and close her eyes. Giving into fatigue, she slept.

Shinta looked at the priestess in his arms. He had been quietly watching her as she trained. Her strength and determination awed him. Her spirit made him respect her.

But it was her soul that had captured him.

She was always cheerful and helpful, friendly and compassionate. But within her smiles, he saw a darkness that laid within her soul. That was what intrigued him in the first place.

He had first seen her when she had healed him when he was resting on a solitary area in the middle of the dessert. She smiled at him and told him to get some rest and good luck on his journey and went on her way. He had noticed that she wasn't that beautiful… but there was something about her. As she turned to leave, it hit him. Innocence. She was filled with innocence that he himself lacked from the moment he had held a knife in his hands.

He followed her stealthily. Watching her every move. Then he saw it. The way she fought, the way she defended her friends, he saw her determination, but he saw the darkness in her eyes every time she brought her weapon down on some creatures head.

When he had joined their guild, he kept a nightly watch on her from a tree across her window. At night… all the façade, all the mask of happiness she wore during the day fell. He had seen her cry, had seen her train quietly in her room, had seen her use a knife to vent her frustrations.

And he knew he had have to have her.

Stepping out from the cave, Shinta looked at the people around him. Merchants, archers, hunters, mages, acolytes, priests, fellow assassins… they were all outside the cave scurrying about minding their own businesses.

Moving away from the noise, the crowd, he went deeper into the forest.

The silence and the tranquility soothing his darkened soul.

Stopping in front of a small cabin, he opened the door of the cabin and stepped inside. The small cabin was bought for their training here in Payon. It was reserved only for their guild to use.

Opening another door, he threw back the covers with a single hand and lowered her body to the soft mattress. Covering her with the blanket, he removed her ponytail and let her hair cascade around her. Before completely moving back, he held her face in his clothed hand and caressed her smooth cheek with his thumb.

He sighed.

He didn't deserve someone like her who gave out so much light around her… but he still wanted her. He wanted to taste that innocence she shed, wanted to see the light she gave to his darkened soul.

And that's why Taiki wasn't going to have her.

No one would.

She was his.

Mizume blinked slowly, trying to adjust her vision to her darkened surroundings. Sitting up she slowly rubbed her hand through her eyes. Sensing somebody with her in the small room, she turned her head to the side and saw Shinta watching her steadily from his position on the other side of the room.

Flushing pink at his assessing gaze, she gave him a small smile and lowered her legs from the bed.

"Anou… what time is it?" she asked him

"It's past 10 in the evening."

"Oh… ummm, have you eaten?" she asked him

"Aa…" standing up he left the room only to come back a few moments later carrying a tray in his hands. Placing the tray beside her he told her to eat and went back to his usual place on the wall and sat quietly.

Mizume blushed at this and thanked him. After finishing her meal, she looked at Shinta and stood up. Slowly making her way to him, she knelt beside his seated form and twiddled her fingers. Unsure of what to say to him.

Shinta slid his gaze to her face, her uncertainty easy to read.

"You want to tell me something?" he told her

The priestess blushed even further and sighed audibly. Reaching out to hold his hands, she grasped one of his cool hands enveloping it with her own.

"Anou… thank you." Looking up to his face she said the words again, "Thank you."

Shinta raised an eyebrow and looked at her, even if he was surprised with her actions, he didn't show it. Asking her in his usual aloof self…

"What are you thanking me for?"

"For always being there when I needed help. When I'm down… you've always let me find my own way, never interfering. The only times that you've interfered was when I was already down on my knees. It may not mean anything to you… but it means a lot to me." She told him solemnly, tears slowly coursing down her cheeks. She had lowered her face as to not see his expression, being sure that it was still his usual stony expression, eyes cold and unfeeling that she was surprised when she felt his hand wipe away the moisture on her face.

Looking up at his face, her eyes wide with shock.

"Tell me." He told her gruffly

"I… I've always lived a harsh life. After my parents were killed, I was adopted by the church and was trained to the holy ways. But it was evident that I wasn't meant to be a pure servant of God. I was too stubborn, hot headed, and defiant. Because of that I was usually punished by the elders and placed me under training. The elders told me that I wasn't fit to be a full battle or a full priestess because of my mixed personalities. They told me that I wasn't meant to be a priestess. So, again.. I showed them what I can do. I did both."

"The elders wasn't to proud of what I did and let me alone to do what I wanted to do. I went out of the church to train in the outside world but I always came back to them when I didn't have any other place to go. Yet again, I was forced to live a hard life. I wanted to prove to everyone what I can be. What I am capable of doing… I'm so sick and tired of everyone telling me what to do."

Shinta looked at her and noticed the way she had clenched her fists in the material of her gown.

"And here I thought you led a very charmed life." He drawled

She laughed bitterly with tears running down her face, "You'd be surprised what you can live through." She told him

"Why the smiles?"

"Smiling is all that makes the pain away. Made a habit out of it, I guess."

"Hnnn…" was all Shinta said before he lowered his head to nuzzle on her neck.

"Whaaaa????????"

Mizume started as she felt Shinta nuzzle her neck gently

"Wha.. what are you doing?!" she asked him

He sighed. "Nothing…"

Shinta gritted his teeth, * What the hell came into him… he wasn't supposed to feel this way… but God... that had felt good. * He had been overwhelmed with the emotions that coursed through him as she told him the story of her life. He felt rage at what she had to go through, and extreme protectiveness with wanting for her never to experience that sort of hardship ever again. And unbelievable lust with the woman beside him. He had acted upon instinct, only to stop as he remembered one problem. She was a priestess… a servant of God, and he was an assassin… the bringer of death. He doesn't deserve someone like him.

Mizume looked at him, truth was, she had liked the feeling when he had nuzzled her neck. But she was also surprised at his actions. In fact, come to think of it, he acted different with her than with other people. Could it be that he could…love?

Steeling her nerves, she lifted her hands and grasped his face, forcing him to look straight into her eye. She gasped at the emotions she saw in his eyes. Gone was the blankness in his violet orbs. It was now replaced with different emotions, and the most prevalent at the moment was anguish laced with desire.

Anguish?

Leaning her head forward, she pressed her lips to his gently.

Everything flashed white when her soft lips met his, he growled deep in his throat and kissed her back hard.

Mizume gasped at his sudden change. Her gasped melted into a moan as Shinta slid his tongue in her mouth the moment she parted her lips for that gasp.

More… his mind shouted for more. But instead of doing what his mind ordered him to do, he reluctantly pulled away.

Mizume blinked at him unsurely as to why he had stopped so abruptly.

"Shinta… why…"

Pressing his fingers to her lips, he shook his head.

"No. It's not right. We shouldn't be doing this. You…"

"Are a servant of God… right?" she told him, she sighed, "Shinta look at me."

The assassin looked at her, "Why are you doing this. Tell me."

He frowned. "I.."

"Please. I want to know." She pleaded him

Shinta sighed. "I love you. I want you… I want you so much it hurts. I've wanted you from the moment I've laid my eyes on you but I thought that it was just something I can just ignore. Just like the rest of my emotions, I thought I could control it… I guess I was wrong."

Mizume's eyes misted with unshed tears. * Oh, God! He loved her! He loved her…!!!*

"Shinta, you don't know how much that means to me. I… I love you too…" she whispered to him

"But you shouldn't…"

"Why Shinta? Because I'm a priestess?" she asked him exasperatingly

"Shinta, I may be the servant of God… I serve him… but I'm still human. I'm still allowed to love. And I love you."

Shinta groaned at that and crushed her slight frame to his own. Lifting her up in his arms, he strode towards the bed and laid her gently on it.

"Please be sure Mizume, I can't stop after this. I've held myself far too long." He told her pleadingly

Impossibly she nodded her assent, tugging on his arms lowering himself on the bed with her. His face inches from her.

"I'm sure." She whispered before claiming his lips with her own in a hungry kiss.

Shinta chuckled at the woman beside him as she cursed for the hundredth time as her foot sank into the hot sand below them.

He looked ahead of him, a month ago, he had never thought that he would never experience how it is to smile. How it is to laugh…what it feels like to love… and be loved. Emotions were meaningless to him before… but now, he realized what emotions did to a person. He looked lovingly at the woman beside him, she was the reason for his change.

He may still be an assassin… but he would never be the assassin he was before.

And it was all because of her.

Mizume grinned from ear to ear as she saw their destination up ahead. Grabbing his hands she tugged him playfully as she tried to hurry their pace to reach their home town.

She was happy. She had never been happier in all her life. She was finally complete.

"Mizume!!! Shinta!!!!!" Ami yelled as she spurred her pecopeco towards them.

Mizume grinned and waved at the female knight, Meimi not far behind her.

"Welcome back!!!!" Ami told them as she stopped before them.

Meimi squealed before jumping at Mizume, "We missed you!!! What took you so long?!"

"Kyaa… how long have you guys been back here?" the priestess asked them

"We've been here 2 days ago." Miko told them

Shinta and Mizume turned to the wizard and saw the rest of their guildmates come out of the castle to greet them. The two of them smiled.

Shinta chuckled as Omino squawked when he had tripped over a bush and fell face down on the sand.

The rest stared at Shinta and they noticed the change in him.

Gone was the dark aura around him only to be replaced by a peaceful air.

Sachi smiled and grinned at the two. * Looks like they've finally found each other.*

The darkness of an assassin now has the light of the servant of God.

Taiki frowned as he eyed Shinta and Mizume. With hooded eyes, he fell behind as they all made their was back to the castle, speaking in a hushed tone as Shinta walked past him.

"She doesn't deserve you."

Shinta stopped, "No. I don't. But I'm glad that she found me worthy in her eyes to be with her. That's all that matters." Looking back at Taiki he smiled.

"She belongs to me now Taiki. And no one can ever take her away from me."

Taiki looked at him and knew what he meant.

The priestess belonged to Shinta now, and he would do everything in his power to keep her there by his side. Even if it means defying heaven and hell itself, he would protect his woman.

His priestess.

His woman.

Reviews please!!! Reviews!!! Wahh!!! /wah /sob

Aoi-mizu-ryu ( /no1 / gg )

document.write "