Ragnarok Fan Fiction ❯ Ragnarok-Conquest ❯ Dragon Ghost ( Chapter 8 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Part 8-Dragon Ghost

The newly formed party, combination of Ginzu's and Judgeman's party heads to the south, to Alberta. To get to Alberta, they must past through Prontera. They wished to go to Alberta through Izlude via boat.


“Hrm… why do we have to go through there? Isn't it cheaper to walk?” Blade was a money freak; he didn't like to spend the money he had.

“Oh, why don't you save some money and just pay like everyone else does!?!?!” White Dragon seemed tense.

“Oh both of you shut up!” They were truly annoying Judgeman.

They kept talking; they walked here because they didn't want to waste their blue Gemstones. Once in Prontera, a party of novices greeted them. One of them was a “Super Novice, a person who knows all the skills of a first job but cannot master all, a sort of jack of all trades but a master of none.

“Excuse me, could you help us with something?” The Super Novice asked the party.

“Sure,” replied Belthezor simply.

“Me friends accidentally summoned something using a branch of dead tree, a Ghostring. Could you please help us defeat it? My friends are too weak and I don't have an elemental weapon. So will you please help us?” The Super Novice looked at them with a needy face.

“Err…well…um,” Ginzu was thinking of an answer when he was cut off.

“Well do it!” Blade had given the super novice an answer before the others could decide.

“Gee, thanks a lot. By the way, my name is Koru.”

The two parties went south of Prontera. The kept walking but the Ghostring was not to be found. Usher looked suspiciously at the party of novices. Could they be much stronger than they seem? Would they want to kill the party? As they kept moving, they saw white cloths pilled up under a tree. They now knew the Ghostring was here. Suddenly a knight riding a Peco Peco rushed by them and stopped. He was taking damage but very little. He started to cast a spell. He yelled “Sight!” The party was astonished, how could a knight cast magic? Small fires started to surround the knight and the Ghostring appeared. The knight was using his “Magnum Break” skill be cause his weapon wasn't strong enough. The party charged. All but the Novice party was fighting. Koru stayed but the others ran. He used the skills of an acolyte such as Blessing and Increase Agility. The knight was fighting ferociously. The Ghostring was static for a moment. Suddenly, multiple large Whispers appeared, assisting the Ghostring. The Whispers converged them each were fighting a Whisper; the Knight beat the Whisper and once again charged for the Ghostring. One by one the Whispers were defeated. The Ghostring had unlimited ammunition, it summoned hundreds of Whispers. The whispers converge once again. This time the party was on the loosing side. The Party had been caught by the Whispers; they were trapped in the Whisper's bodies. Only White Dragon and the knight were left. White Dragon was worried, a Whisper caught him from behind and he blacked out.

************************************************************* ***********

White Dragon wakes up in a bush. He looks up and sees something

“Hey Joshua! Hurry up! Mom and Dad will get mad if were not home!” A boy who looks like the knight runs into the sunset.

“IM COMING! WAIT UP WILL YA'!!” A boy ran after his Brother. A rustle in the bush stops him for a moment. He looked around. White Dragon was shocked to see, it was him, only younger. The scene fades and he reappears in a temple.

“What the…” White Dragon looks around and he sees himself again but slightly older, His brother is there as well in front of him, two huge dragons appear. One of the dragons was white while the other one was like a whisper, not having a solid body. The dragons disintegrate and form clouds, a white and black one. The black one converges the boy next to White Dragon. After the impact, a mark appears on the boy's shoulder. The White one aims for the younger White Dragon and charges in its smoke form. The younger White Dragon tries to block it with a book. The mark appears on the book and White Dragon faints.

“Joshua! No! Don't! You can't die! You're my little brother. I shouldn't have brought you here. Wake up its me your bro…

******************************************************* *****************

White Dragon wakes up inside the Whisper. He looks outside and sees the knight still fighting. He feels tired yet energetic. The Whisper around his disappears as those around him. White Dragon was awake but the others were out cold. His book, the one with the dragon symbol on it, he knew where it came from. It was always locked but it some how could be opened now. He opened it and a White Cloud appeared. It forms a White dragon. It attacks the Ghostring, killing it with one bite. The Knight looks astonished at the dragon. The dragon now strikes the knight. The knight gets hit but parts of his armor fell apart. White Dragon looks at the knight with an uncaring look then his eyes suddenly widen, a dragon symbol was on the knight shoulder. The dragon sees this too and stops attacking. It returns to its cloud form and reenter the book. White Dragon falls to his knees. Could that knight be his brother? He couldn't think. The knight walks up to him and says one word.
“Joshua?”

White Dragon looks up and remembers the face of the boy in the temple; it was the same boy looking at him now. White Dragon faints once more.

************************************************************ ************

“Please don't take him away,” the boy yells at the book on the floor. A lifeless body next to it.

“No he must do this to gain his full potential like you have with yours,” The book glows with every word.

“But…will I see him again?” The boy asks.

“Yes, but he will not know you. I am truly sorry but this is the only way.” The book stops to talk and a golden cloud appears, it lifts the boy and disappears. The boy who was pleading cries as the Golden cloud disappears.

****************************************************** ******************

White Dragon awakens in a room. He looks outside, he finds the streets of Prontera. A Peco Peco is waiting outside. Usher talks to Ginzu about proper care for Peco Pecos. A knight is with them but not listening to Usher. It was the same knight from the Ghostring fight. He turns around and sees White Dragon looking out the window. He goes up to White Dragon.

“Err… do I know you, wait I do…,” the knight looks happy but then he looks sad once again because, “no… I don't…tell me, am I your brother? What is my real name?”

The knight looks at White Dragon in the eyes and says, “Well, I guess…”


To be continued…