Ragnarok Fan Fiction ❯ Ragnarok-Conquest ❯ Trust ( Chapter 12 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Part 12-Trust

“Where do we go from here?” asked Justin.

“We heard that two monsters were leading others into a war with humans. There are others but two of them have holed up in here,” said White Dragon while pointing to the Pyramids North-West of Morroc.

“These things are most likely undead. There is a spring there, Belthezor, can you please provide some Holy Waters?” asked Ginzu.

White Dragon and Belthezor went to the springs and collected water; they then enchanted it to have Holy power. “These waters can be thrown at undead but are more effective when you coat your weapons with them,” said Belthezor to the others. “That's true but we need at least another priest or acolyte” said White Dragon.

They walked into the Pyramid through an entrance that was quite easy to find. The found themselves in a maze but the walls were visible. They journeyed into the heart of the maze. They found an entrance that leaded down.

“Here is the entrance to the Thieves Guild. Beyond that is Minorous territory. I say we take a look at the Guild first. It's been a long time since I was here.” Blade walked in first. The others were unsure to follow. Blade suddenly yelled for help. The others had no choice. When they went in they saw many dead bodies. Further into the tunnel, they found Blade fighting a human-like undead. It looked like a Mummy. Four slightly fresher looking mummies accompanied it.

“Oh no! It's Osiris! Run Blade! The other Mummies are Ancient Mummies! RUN!” Ryogi yelled to Blade but he said “They killed my friends…I'll kill them for what they have done!!!! YAAARGH!!”

Blade launched his poison attacks but to no avail. Poison only affects living things. He continued with his Sonic Blow skill but wasn't strong enough. The mummies kept going at him, though he could dodge perfectly, he couldn't keep it up forever. Ginzu had entered the fray. He cut through the normal mummies and gave the others a clear shot at Osiris. Usher and Justin charged and cut through Osiris. White Dragon And Belthezor were casting something; they both yelled “Turn Undead.” Osiris screeched in pain and moved off deeper into the pyramids.

“It wasn't strong enough. We couldn't kill Osiris with our Turn Undead,” Belthezor and White Dragon seemed frustrated.

“Good thing you two were here, we might have suffered casualties if you didn't drive Osiris off, isn't that right Blade? What the…BLADE! DON'T GO!” yelled Nazreen as he looked only to find Blade following Osiris.

“We have to stop him! We cant defeat Osiris…” whined Flex but Ginzu interrupted him.

“Who cares, if one of us dies, we all die. If anyone doesn't want to follow me, I wont get angry. So if you want to escape, go now,” Ginzu had a tone of seriousness.

None of them moved except Ginzu he went deeper into the Pyramid. “I still say we cant defeat Osiris…” Ryogi looked deep into the darkness for any signs of Ginzu or Blade returning and was shocked to see White Dragon, Justin, Belthezor and Nazreen go in. “You coming or are you gonna stay here, if you are than nice knowing you,” said Flex as he followed the others. “HEY!!!”

Blade was right behind Osiris he couldn't keep up somehow and sat down to rest. As he rested, four mummies appeared. Blade was still tired from fighting Osiris so he dug a hole and hid. The mummies wouldn't move. Blade had to do something; sooner or later they would find him. He thought. He then stuck his Katars in to one of the walls in the hole. Out of the ground spikes came out and struck the mummies multiple times. The spikes were positioned to halt movement by piercing through the bodies and holding them in place. Blade got out of his hole and saw Osiris at the far end of the tunnel. He ran up to Osiris only to find legions of mummies waiting after their leader. They charged but very slowly. Blade knew very well that he couldn't fight them all but he had to try. So he charged, thinking, “This might be my last fight…”

********************************************** **************************

Ginzu ran through the tunnel, hoping to find Blade. He didn't know that the others were not too far behind him. He saw the Mummies that were left by Blade; they had freed themselves but tore off some body parts in the process. Ginzu unsheathed his sword and carved crosses on the Mummies bodies. The mummies groaned and died on the spot. He ran faster, he knew Blade wouldn't stop and think of a strategy to kill Osiris. Ginzu found Blade being mobbed by mummies, he kept evading them but his counter attacks couldn't kill that many. Ginzu tried to cut through but he wouldn't get there in time. Osiris was fighting as well.

“How am I supposed to help, I…” Ginzu suddenly remembered something. He was trying to help his comrades escape the Wraiths. They were being attacked. All of them were Crusaders. The Wraiths weren't too powerful but were overwhelming them with such numbers. Three were being attacked. Ginzu was not seen because he was behind a pillar. Two of them died, slain by more powerful Wraiths. The last one still kept fighting. The Wraiths stopped for a moment. Suddenly, a dark figure appeared “A..A..A DARK ILLUSION!!” said the last Crusader. This Dark Illusion though was larger than the normal ones. It had a more powerful aura around it. It pierced its hand through the last remaining Crusader, ending his life. Ginzu saw the lifeless face of his friends when the wraiths were gone.

He came back to reality, what happened, has happened. He ran towards Blade he jumped high over the Mummies. He pointed his sword downwards and struck a Mummy on the head, splitting it. His blade continued to the floor. Ginzu yelled, “Grand Cross!!” The blue aura was engulfed around Ginzu once more. His cross on the ground grew larger as time went on. The longer Ginzu was performing Grand Cross he would take damage. The Grand Cross was more powerful than before. It disintegrated the Mummies and all was left was Osiris. He only kept taking damage. Blade was miraculously taking no damage and he kept striking Osiris. Ginzu pushed on although he was at his limit. He finally fell unconscious and fell to the floor, his Flamberge still in the ground.

Blade saw that Ginzu was unconscious and badly wanted to end Osiris' afterlife. Once more, he used his Sonic Blow. His eight strikes landed on Osiris' head, making it burst, killing Osiris, once and for all. Blade had used up all his energy. He couldn't even stand anymore. His vision was getting blurred. He could see figures rushing up to him and Ginzu but couldn't make them out. He fell unconscious but before he did, he though “I did it, I did it. I avenged my thief friends and I killed Osiris. I…did…it…”


To be continued…