Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Sealed Past ❯ Chapter 16 ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 16
--
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
--
 
Ranma stared without any real thought into the space above the teacher's head. Not really paying attention to the History lecture being given. It was about a period of time he'd lived through in his previous life anyway.
 
It was funny, how he'd felt these past two months as he'd slowly, as Kasumi had first put it, finished growing up. His personal life wasn't utter chaos anymore, but he didn't hold out much more hope of either the Sunset Shrine or the Full Circle Dojo remaining a sanctuary for much longer. They'd find him eventually and he wasn't really looking forward to the day they did.
 
Couldn't they all just leave him alone? This incensed nagging day in and day out about where he was going, who was he with, and just who was his fiancée?
 
One thing he didn't understand was that no one had notice that he was no longer affected by the Jusenkyo Curse. But then again he wasn't exactly being tossed into pools anymore so maybe that had something to do with it.
 
He was thankful for Kasumi shielding him from as much as she could. But it wouldn't be to long before Nabiki's mercenary instincts kicked into an even higher gear. Soon she'd really start investigating where and why he was disappearing so regularly. In fact, it might be best if he took up the Higurashi's offer to live at their place. It would simplify his life but first he'd have to say his good-byes here.
 
Now, how in the world would he manage that without everyone screaming blue murder?
 
***
 
“Thank you,” Nabiki said pleasantly as she quickly calculated the amount all of Ranma's fiancées and enemies had paid her for her information. She surveyed the group gathered around the table eagerly waiting for her to begin speaking. Well might as well make the most of this.
 
“As you are all aware, after school Ranma no longer returns to the Tendo house.”
 
“Mean tomboy scare airen away,” Shampoo hissed as she glared at her rival.
 
Before Akane could make a retort and a fight break out between them, Nabiki hurried on. “I have managed to learn that he spends most of his evenings in the city in a place called the Full Circle Dojo.”
 
The group of martial artists frowned, they'd never heard of this dojo or anything about a style related to it.
 
“Is it just a gym?” Ukyo asked curiously. Perhaps that would explain why it was unknown among them.
 
“No. It is a martial arts dojo.”
 
“Well? Why don't we just go there and confront him?” Akane said angrily.
 
“We won't be able to get through the front door. Private membership. Invites only.” Nabiki explained.
 
“How airen get in then?”
 
“It seems that the invitation was extended by the dojo master, Toyota Shippou.”
 
“Toyota? Isn't that a line of cars?” Ukyo questioned.
 
“Yes, he's also the current Chief Executive Officer of the automobile company.”
 
“How in the gods' names, did Ranma meet the CEO of a multi-billion dollar corporation?” Akane demanded.
 
Nabiki shrugged, she was an information wiz, but she wasn't that good.
 
“Well, even if we can't get in, all we have to do is wait for him to leave and then confront him about what's he's been doing.” Akane continued.
 
“I said he spends most of his evenings there.”
 
The gang looked expectantly at the middle Tendo child.
 
“No, I don't know where he goes those nights he's not training at the Full Circle Dojo. It's sporadic enough that I'm not seeing a pattern yet so I haven't been able follow him successfully as of right now.”
 
The group sat back with loud dissatisfied grumbles. Just what in the hell was Ranma up to?
 
***
 
Raising his knuckles to Kagome's bedroom door, Ranma gave a quick rap on the wood.
 
“Come in!” Kagome called out in a distracted voice.
 
Opening the door, he was unsurprised to see her seated at her desk like she'd been whenever he'd come through the Bone-Eater's-Well to drag her back for more shard hunting. Only this time he knew that she wasn't studying for junior high exams, but for senior university level medical courses. He spoke up hesitantly, “Is it alright if we talked?”
 
Kagome looked up from the paper she was writing and gestured for him to have a seat on the bed. “Sure Ranma.”
 
Sitting on the comforter, he scuffed his toe against the blanket, at a loss as to where to begin.
 
Kagome smiled faintly as she got up and sat beside him. Sometimes his mannerisms were so much like Inuyasha's had been, that it was hard to separate them.
 
“Can I still move in?” Ranma blurted out.
 
“Of course Ranma, Mama's been hoping you would ever since we told her you're Inuyasha's reincarnation.” Kagome replied wryly, remembering her mother's enthusiasm… particularly for `more' grandchildren.
 
“It's just—it's—I don't know how to break it to the others.”
 
“I'm assuming that `the others' you're referring to are those referred to as the Nerima Wrecking Crew?”
 
“Yes.”
 
“Well, why don't you try simply talking to them? They're still people after all. Ones that at times can be reasoned with I expect.”
 
Ranma nodded slowly, yes, at times they did think logically. “But I don't know how to. Talk to them that is.”
 
“Pretend they're me,” Kagome suggested, “After all you can talk to me, and I'm a girl.”
 
Ranma gave her a very droll look. “I don't ever want to think about them like I think about you Kagome.”
 
Kagome bit her lower lip as she felt a blush creep across her face. More and more frequently she'd caught him looking at her with a hot, devouring look in his eyes. His grey eyes full of old sensual knowledge.
 
Refocusing on his face, she was unnerved to find it inches from her own. “Ran—”
 
“Shhh…” Ranma said softly as he placed a thumb over her lips to halt her speech.
 
Kagome's breath caught in her throat as warmth began to pool in her lower body. A warmth that intensified as Ranma's thumb traced her lips before his hand slid along her cheek into her hair to cup her head.
 
Ranma felt the aroused satisfaction hum through his body as he finally touched Kagome's lips in a possessively devouring kiss. The inner dog demon howling in predatorily triumph as his mate lay beneath him once more.