Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Sealed Past ❯ Afterwords ( Chapter 27 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Afterwords
 
Unlike other beginnings for many of my other my works (that are not posted) the story concept for “Sealed Past” was not born of some amusing idea or striking notion. But once the plot had been planted in my head by another story that I enjoyed but personally thought there could be some depth added to it, my demon's of inspiration seized me by the throat and ruthlessly had me crank out twenty pages in three days. A record I have achieved at only one other time and do not want to repeat. Nor do I recommend. (It totally eats into one's Easter holiday!)
 
The initial draft of “Sealed Past” contained about sixteen or so chapters, with the shortest chapter being two types pages (my personal minimum limit) but as my first beta-reader, Amber, was working on what I'd written, I knew that I could nicely fit “filler chapters” between the core chapters to add more depth so the total number of chapters grew to twenty-three.
 
Satisfied to a degree by what I'd written and wanting other opinions on my work, I began posting it on four major fanfiction databases on the internet, Fanfiction.net, Mediaminer.org, Fichaven.org, and Animespiral.net and got a host of wonderfully supportive readers. The sheer amount that were faithfully following me was actually quite shocking to me! I can not thank you readers enough.
 
Not only were the comments flattering, they were also honest and have brought to my attention a few of my grammar weaknesses (then/than, defiantly/definitely). This is also when I gained my second beta-reader, deebeth89, who has been a blessing, as well as a special reader whose reviews have contained comments for ideas that have made me frantically adjusting scenes and even adding chapters but more often then not wailing “Damn! I can't fit that in! I have a preconceived story line!” However, it has lead me to the decision to revise “Sealed Past” and fit those prime ideas in as I feel they will aid the plot as well as address problems mentioned by other readers. The revised version of this story “Sealed Past 2.0” if you will is intended to be posted near the end of the 2006 summer season, not long after the university school year begins at the latest.
 
Once again I would like to thank everyone who left me a comment as well as those who haven't but have stuck with the story and or placed me on some alert system. As of May 17, 2006, I have a combined total for all four fanfiction databases of 273 reviews and 35661 hits/visits.
 
Without you readers the story would not have become as good as it has. Again thank you for your support. You have given me a great gift and at times left me speechless.
 
A Karswyll
 
--
 
Review Credits
 
Chapter 6
Kagome Lady of Darkness
eternalsailorsolarwind - messed up life, check, messed up aura, check, life about to get even screwier, double check! About the cats… hum, it would mean revisions but it's defiantly a deliciously wicked thought….
regretfully_yours_cassy_chan - hum, 8 out of 10's, yep, I'm being kept humble!
???????????? - oh, mystery person! And yes, I'm on FF.net, same tag and everything.
inukoro
 
Chapter 7
Kagome Lady of Darkness
eternalsailorsolarwind - thanks for your review, it actually reminded me of some things that I would be glossing over later on and gave my the perfect idea to replace a later scene that wasn't quite… right ^_^. I am also *very* glad that you noticed the drastic age difference of Kagome and Ranma, my beta-reader didn't even really catch that point!
Fano - sorry to hear that you feel I've deviated from the original feelings, I'll try and get them back but I don't think I'll succeed very well ~_~; though I would defiantly appreciate suggestions on how to bring back the angst and such!
 
Chapter 8
Kagome Lady of Darkness - I take it you just have a general blurb?
eternalsailorsolarwind - fillers! I love fillers. ^_^ Oops… forgot about the cat ghost… ah well, it was just one more incident in Ranma's crazy life so obviously it didn't make much of an impact! Well, I think this chapter will be answering a few of your questions, this and the next one.
Kuramas gurl - welcome aboard!
 
Chapter 9
Kagome Lady of Darkness - mwaha! You live! Just checking ^_^.
eternalsailorsolarwind - who's to say Kagome was using Kaguya's mirror? ^_^ It does after all have a twin, Kanna's. :P As for getting the sacred objects for the exorcism… I love artistic licence and I'm leaving it at that (though when you think about it, Inuyasha's torn off sleeve did return to its rightful place thus suggesting that the other items did as well.) As for time location for random memories, blame it on my abbreviated knowledge of what I have seen on t.v., heck, I was done this before I even know that Kikyou was dead! (Oops, I shouldn't be saying things like that should I? Ah well.)
Kuramas gurl - indeed his is, indeed he is. Time for chaos to abound! ^_~
Alterfano - glad to hear that you feel the angst is back, but forewarning, I didn't write this story with the focus on angst so you'll probably notice that it comes and goes. But thanks for sticking with me so far!
 
Chapter 10
Kagome Lady of Darkness - well it's a relief to know that you are among the living! (Though according to the cardio machines at the gym, I'm a member of the “mostly dead” (Princess Bride) as I have no heart rate!)
eternalsailorsolarwind - have I ever told you how much I love getting your reviews? No? Well I'm telling you now, I love getting your reviews! ^_^ Thanks for nice comment about working the rosary spell in, I thought it was a neat way myself. And as for the other part of your review… well I guess this chapter answers some of it!
INUYOKIA87 - hello there! Glad to see that you've joined me and the other readers on this journey.
inukoro - I wondered where you'd got to, glad to see you back and yes, those five items are from the second movie, “The Castle Beyond the Looking Glass”. Five you question? Well just think about it for a moment and it will come!
 
Chapter 11
inukoro - I update twice a week in case you're wondering if there's a pattern to it.
Kagome Lady of Darkness - tsk tsk, there's a difference between dead, undead and mostly dead. Though what they are exactly at times remains a mystery to me… (um, know where Miracle Max is hiding out so I can get a chocolate covered pill to go from being mostly dead to mostly living?)
eternalsailorsolarwind - you already know what I've said to you ^_^. And if you don't, I suggest (quite strongly) going and checking your email!
Strawberry Inuyasha - better late then never right? ^_~ Welcome aboard and yes, I love to see you! But instead of it being Inuyasha in Ranma's body, it's more along the lines of Ranma with Inuyasha's soul. He-he-he. **rubs hands together with malicious grin** Let the chaos abound!
Ormik - I'm glad that you find this story of a Ranma/Inuyasha reincarnation unique though indeed the basic plot has been written before. That's one thing that worries me about this story, working with an idea that isn't original because there's so many things that I could do wrong. But hopefully with readers like you I'll manage to avoid the pitfalls!
 
Chapter 12
Fox Vixen - glad to hear that you think its good, that's something I love to hear.
ladyofthedragons1984 - good, just make sure I keep it going in a different direction so that even though the basic story line isn't unique, at least what I do with it is!
eternalsailorsolarwind - I adore you, I adore you, monstrous reviews are always appreciated! And as last time, I left you a little `gift' in your inbox. ^_^
Calamity-Queen of Cordite - **sigh** can't please everyone but I am very pleased to hear that although you disprove of the exorcism (and no, I'm sorry to say, Kagome was very thorough and female Ranma will not be making an appearance), you're still enjoying the story and have stuck with it. It means that at least I'm doing something right.
Ormik - apologies about that special character that appears behind your name in the last chapter, no idea how it got there or how to get rid of it at the moment. >_<;
 
Chapter 13
ladyofthedragons1984 - you do that and I will defiantly be thanking you constantly. And you're not the only one who's been having a difficult week **laughs bitterly** MM.org keeps screwing me over so I'm advancing “Sealed Past” forward and giving you all a treat, this chapter.
felicity_angel467 - thank-you and welcome to the story!
Fano - as I've mentioned previously, I didn't write it with angst in mind. Never even really occurred to me… which is odd when you consider the fact that the basic story line is riddled with angst. Hump. But anyway, we're also interpreting what's going on between Inuyasha and Ranma differently and I'm sorry but if there is a villain in this story, it's female and starts with an `A'. Sorry, sorry, sorry, **bows head repeatedly** but that's how it sort of came out. **goes hides in dark cave but comes out when realise still have replies to write**
Nysk - Cologne? Let's just say her world tilts on it's axis for a bit. ^_^ But why am I saying that? You'll read it in Chapter 18! **grumble at giving plot hints** And as for the Crew reacting to the “new” Ranma, as expected they take it very poorly!
eternalsailorsolarwind - thank-you so much for notifying me about the disappearing Chapter 12, which I have finally managed to fully post (yesterday was just a patch job as you may have noticed that it was just plain text with no emphases on anything). Now, onto to my response, **he-he-he** Shippou wasn't the only one to pop up! **snickers** Now who is the wolf one wonders…? **not!** Ranma gets better at dealing with his current problem, it takes time after all and as he does so the distraction level disappears. Shadowing is done by our beloved mercenary Nabiki and don't you worry your pretty little head over P-chan, I will deal with him… or should I say Kagome deals with him? **dope! grumble at giving away more plot hints** Thanks for saying you like the tickle war, wasn't terribly sure about how to handle the Higurashi and demon's reaction and that's what ended up writing it self. **shrug** I do agree with you, the carnage and destructions that follows Ranma is usually the result of fighting someone and it's almost guaranteed that his opponent started the fight. And yes, at the moment they are in the clam of the hurricane and it's about to shift. **rubs hands together while laughing maniacally**
 
Chapter 14
Fano - well I will offer you comfort in the fact that though Akane does go over the top, there is no real `villain' in this story, just people trying to get through things.
Neoyasha - more chapters are coming up!
Kallipso Eclipse - Ranma stays with Kagome for various reasons though Sesshoumaru does appear and **eep!** I just realised something, excuse me while I go write a chapter… (this chapter actually)
eternalsailorsolarwind - it's your birthday! **snicker** no I just figured I should make it up to you guys because of the recent mess-ups I've been doing. Um, `sit' doesn't work anymore beyond psychologically. (Will have to clarify that more when doing the end revisions I guess.) I thought how Kouga appeared was appropriate myself and I guess this chapter answers most of your remaining questions.
ladyofthedragons1984 - well, I've done another screw up in the timeline of my story, so time to type to make up for it. **sigh** Fanfiction writing, studying for finals, and writing seven essays doesn't mix!
inukoro - got typing to do, but I'll check out your accounts by Thursday. Cool, someone from Australia! I'm Canadian myself (hence the spelling being the way it is).
 
Chapter 15
ladyofthedragons1984 - well all I have to do is hold out till the end of next week and then all assignments/essays will be completed and I can focus on the upcoming finals. Handing in one assignment to four professors? Sigh, can't do that here, we're no even allowed to hand in old assignments from high school. (Though there's an understandable reason for that one.) I'm not concern about skipping an update at least (just making time to upload to the net) ^_^ so you have nothing to worry about.
eternalsailorsolarwind - do you recall that Rin was killed by wolves? Kouga's pack in particularly? Personally, I think that would be something that Sesshoumaru would hold a grudge against (killing his mate and all that.) But when I do my end revisions, I guess that's one more thing to clarify **sigh** the list just keeps getting longer every chapter. Nooooo! You read my first posting! I was hoping nobody would manage to catch me on my boo-boo but it appears you did ^_^. Looking forward to reading what you have to say about this chapter.
Strawberry Inuyasha - wonderful, you're back and just think you had lots of chapters to read at least! And no, there is no pie, just demon transformations.
inukoro - sounds like you have a busy day and judo lessons? Cool! All I've ever taken has been dance lessons really—ballroom and belly-dancing! **shake hips and rattle coin belt**
Kallipso Eclipse - thanks, though as Chapter 14 was cranked out in under two hours Tuesday morning **wince** there's still some fleshing out to be done to that chapter I feel which will occur with the end revisions.
 
Chapter 16
ladyofthedragons1984 - um, does the last scene answer your question? **ducks heads and blushes** And I sympathise about have the “no social life”, mine's taken up by school work and fanfiction, although they tend to clash with each other as well! **sigh**
Tsabrak - sorry about the confusion but could you say what exactly confused you so that either I can clarify the issue in either the story itself of though a response to your review? Also, nice of you to join us!
Kallipso Eclipse - it's coming, it's coming! **grin**
xtor49 - last question first, I have and never do state Kagome's age beyond alluding strongly to the fact that she is older then Ranma (just a little artistic licences there, shifting timelines and all that.) The most accurate way is, Ranma has just entered a university while Kagome is a senior at a university and is about to graduate. As to the spelling of the swords names, Tokijin isn't correct either because the `o' is actually a long `o' (a bar above the vowel is used to indicate this) it but as it is a special character it is not supported by MM.org and as I forgot to adjust it for this archive, it gave that funny looking `Å' which will be corrected during final revisions. Onto Inuyasha's sword, in the English adaptations of InuYasha, Tessaiga is called Tetsusaiga (or Tetsaiga) due to an error in translation in the early days of the manga when the tiny (tsu) kana (which indicates a glottal stop, or a doubling of the consonant that follows it) was misread as a full-sized (tsu) kana, altering the romanization and pronunciation of the word. Both Tetsusaiga and Tessaiga can come from the kanji; the proper spelling depends on how the name is pronounced. The proper romanization is Tessaiga which I use. So does that answer everything for you or do you have more questions? (I like questions ^_^.)
eternalsailorsolarwind - I was wondering about that, (Sesshoumaru hating the wolves) I thought it was a rather obvious point but I'll still slip in a reminder for others. As for Ranma not changing into a girl, 1) he hasn't been tossed into any handy koi pond lately and 2) they [the Nerima Wreckers] have no powers of observation. ^_^ But those parts are upcoming. And darn you for your last two sentences, the muses just perked up again and are debating what else to add to the plot! -_-; But thanks a bunch anyways and I can't wait to hear for you for this chapter! ^_^
inukoro - I did visit you, but me being me I guess I forgot to leave a review. **sigh** Naughty me, I'll correct that… soon, just as soon as my seven essays are done…. As for Kasumi, despite appearing to be completely naive and ignorant to most situations she's in, I view it more as being calm and having a very polite demeanour, after all, she's practically the mother of the Tendo household.
Strawberry Inuyasha - well, I guess you got your answer for your first question in Chapter 15! Now onto your other question… Do you have these nasty little plot bunnies that wake you up at insane hours of the night? Irritable muses that irrupt you in the middle of lectures? Demons of inspiration that won't leave you alone no mater what you do? Then of course you can be writing fiction! If the idea's there, develop it, write it, and check it over with a fine tooth comb!! **hangs head in shame, is guilty of not doing that well**
kirara the cute hell cat - **bows formally** your wish is my command oh reader.
 
Chapter 17
Nysk - oh god, what chapter was it in that Kasumi had a long talk with Ranma? Meh, anyway, that's when it sort of started to happen, the covering and such. And I know, last chapter was ridiculously short so this one's longer!
Kallipso Eclipse - they will all blow their tops in time, in time. Mwahahah!
ladyofthedragons1984 - lazy bum, lazy bum! **dances around room while laughing insanely** THWAMP! **author glances over at irritated muse then settles down to business** There will be more appearance of fluffy in chapters to come but don't expect too much, I'm sort of embarrassed to write it which is ridiculous when you consider the fact that I literally devoured 1191 (or was it 1192? meh) romance novels from the library last year. Oh well, we all have our quirks!
eternalsailorsolarwind - Thank you! I like having my wishes fulfilled. Yes, and in time Ranma will also come to realise how much he's changed, but that's not till the end so on ward with the rest. Nabiki having a stroke, well I do believe that that it (of course Shippou claims the relationship, think of all the privileges it gives him!) would be the only thing that is capable of giving that girl one! Evil, evil, evil! Yeah, I can live with that. I shall leave you to interpret the sexual innuendo to whatever degree you desire. (Though I get more blant later on **giggle**) Huh, I never thought of that, Genma losing his comfy place at the Tendo's if the engagement with Ranma and Akane falls through… oh, plot bunnies! **starts scribbling down new ideas then realises still have replies to write** So, here's this chapter and am looking forward to your comments for it.
xtor49 - a reasonable suggestion (Toukijin) and one I may carry out during the revisions, but then do you have any suggestions about how to indicate other special characters? There's an accent over the first `e' in fiancee as well as a few other words that I would like to be displayed properly. Also **sigh** in my word document the (tsu) kana character is displayed but on MM.org it's not **sigh again** I need to get that though my head, special characters are not supported on this site! **bangs head against desk repeatedly** As for pronunciation of Tessaiga in the series it self, it hasn't been the first time they've messed up a Japanese name/term when bring it over into English. (Jajuka from Escaflowne is an example, plus if you watch InuYasha subtitled, it sounds like Tessaiga to me, not Tetsusaiga.) Anyway, reference for my stuff, Wikipedia at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tessaiga and http://bisqwit.iki.fi/jutut/tessaiga.html, you will find the first paragraph I basically quote to you last chapter. Anything else?
Strawberry Inuyasha - Who says Miroku and Sango weren't reincarnated? **smiles** But not, they won't be making an appearance in my story, sorry. Ideas are good, ideas are great, ideas are also the pits when they won't leave you alone! **bats at idea floating over head** Don't ever be afraid to try—after all, amateurs built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic!
inukoro - sorry, sorry, sorry! Am in the midst of preparing for finals and have handed my internet cord over to a friend so I am banded from the net except for emails and update times. Expect me around the middle of April. Yep, it has come—the Gathering! **laughs insanely as wonders off into sunset**
BiggestInuyashaFANever - oh, you are, are you? **smiles** Welcome aboard and don't you worry your pretty little head over updates, you get a fix weekly, twice none the less.
Kachie-chan - glad to have surprise you and I find that is the case in most instances, if the author's good then it makes up for a lot of things that you don't like in the plot. I recently found a story that I hated what was going on with the characters but the author was so good that I just couldn't stop reading! So I stuck with it, and it got better.
 
Chapter 18
eternalsailorsolarwind - **bow low** I have achieved my aim, you oh reader have been thunder stricken by what I present and have fallen from your exalted post *cough--the couch--cough*. ^_~ I can understand your scepticism about Ranma explaining things (in fact Ukyo makes that point herself!) but character develop is necessary and I'm glad that this is conveyed to you readers (or at least some of you are picking it up ^_^). Yes, there were will generally be one chapter per “official” fiancée and the mater regarding Kodachi was answered above… great minds think alike, fools never differ! (Don't get your hopes to high though, I feel as if I bombed somewhat on Akane's chapter but there are reasons for it later on.) I do admit Ukyo was a little our of character but there are extraneous circumstances, mainly her fiancé's moved out of his residence, disappeared from her life, etc, things to upset even a level heading girl like she is. Anyway, enjoy this chapter and I'm off to do some more plot stirring (if I can get the blasted Hellsing bunnies out of my head anyway).
ladyofthedragons1984 - thanks for the vote of confidence regarding my writing! And don't worry often a writer's work isn't as half bad as they think it is! Post the new revisions/stories and see what you get as responses, after all you can always remove them. And yep, the fun times are just around the corner! **author pokes head around corner and hastily ducks a flying object that will remain unidentified for now** And man, does it look like things are heating up!
wowi'mlucky - no, no, no, I'm the luck one, after all, you're giving me lovely reviews. Here's another chapter, enjoy ^_^.
Strawberry Inuyasha - good luck on your fic idea! (Hope it isn't like my pesky Hellsing one, meh) No, life never was never easy for Inuyasha/Ranma in either of his incarnations, especially according to me and what I'm going to be doing to them!
Flamezilla - I don't expect you'll ever read this, but thank you very sincerely for your honesty regarding you opinion of “Sealed Past.” I am pleased to be informed that even if the plot line and story content do not agree with a reader's preference, I'm not half bad as a writer regarding other things such as story structure, flow, grammar, etc. However, if you do read this, could you drop me another line regarding clarification for your comment of “felt at the points at which you intersected the two series left the Kagome and Shippo so out of Ranma's league that it totally ruined all hope for me enjoying it” I'm rather confused and as mentioned would like to clarify a few things. Thank you for making the time of leaving a review.
golden_kitsune - you're two episodes up on me! ^_^ Although I have seen some of the Ranma 1/2 movies and read the mangas and as my knowledge in recent day of InuYasha occurrences has also been limited I have come to assume that no assumptions on the author's part about reader's knowledge is safest! Glad to hear that you're enjoying the fic and hope to hear from you again!
xtor49 - yeah, I discovered that the `é' in fiancée is supported! (But why it doesn't do the other ones I have no clue, meh **shrugs shoulders** Glad to have helped clear some stuff up for you! And I can understand not watching InuYasha in anything but dubbed, but I find that subbed is more linguistically accurate so I watch it when possible (fan or professionally done, I have never seen any of the big anime movies in English actually).
moonwicca - glad you think I'm one of the best! It's always such a nice thing to hear. ^_^ And ta-da, here's another chapter, enjoy!
 
Chapter 19
Mrs Cake - give me a heart-attack why don't you? And truly, a great deal of the credit for grammar goes to my two beta-readers and inspiration and refinement of ideas towards one of my beta-readers and one special reviewer. And like anything, writing takes practice to get better at so keep at it and you'll be amazed at how much you improved! (I once looked at an old elementary school assignment/original fiction idea three years later and was horrified by it, trashed it that day and pissed off my sister who loved it. ^_^)
xtor49 - I'm jealous! Wah! I want the manga too! **sobs and runs from the room**
eternalsailorsolarwind - yes, you caught it, you caught it, you caught it! **jumps up and down like a ping-pong ball while screeching insanely** Frankly I thought that there wasn't enough hints regarding that jewellery box, I was really trying to stress it (obviously) and this chapter and the next will full answer your questions. ^_^ (And if they don't, I've done something wrong.) I always felt that as Kagome is an reincarnation and having such a hard time being in Kikyou's shadow, she'd be hesitant to treat any other reincarnation the same way, and the mere fact that it's Inuyasha... enough said. As for the Hellsing bunny, it's still hoping around in my mind but it's been upstaged by a Slayers one at the moment. **sigh** Sometimes I am convinced that I am not blessed by the muses, but torment by demons of inspiration! Thanks for the encouragement regarding finals and good like with your own course, hope it's done with soon and you won't have to take it again! (Like I've had to with calculus.) And one last thing… Yami no Matsue… Going. To. Watch.
ladyofthedragons1984 - thanks for the encouragement, and good luck with that frustrating thesis, I know what its like when you want an essay to go one way, but it goes the other way or you go back over the question, realise you were glossing over one word and realise that now your entire essay is wrong! I do hope that Kagome meeting one of the Wreakers' didn't fail to badly your expectations. >_<
Vex The Warlord - okay, have your remembered any other misused titles? I would appreciate knowing about them so I can fix them during revisions. As for the Nerima Wrecking Crew when you think about it Nermia is the Ward that they reside in so technically they would be the Wrecking Crew I think (disprove? prove?), I'm short handing basically hence the term “Wreckers” and unfortunately it will basically stay that way. ^_^;
James Axelrad - sorry! My beta-reader has chastised me about that, I seem to view what a cliff-hanger is differently then other people do. And no, the update won't be in a week, it will be within a day as you noticed. The next chapter, chapter 20 will be next week!
 
Chapter 20
ladyofthedragons1984 - glad that you enjoyed Cologne being taken down a peg or twelve! I had fun writing it. The "hint, hint, nudge, nudge" is going to be ignored as long as I'm on dial-up for my internet connection! Which while be for the entirety of this week actually. -_-;; Ah well, I'm at home at least, yeah, red meat at last!
xtor49 - perceptive of you! Are or aren't they? That is the true question of life! Or Ranma's life anyway ^_^.
Calamity - Queen of Cordite - glad to hear that you're "still hangin' in there" and as you've also brought up the Nerima Wreaking Crew title (which I would have like to have been mentioned earlier, but water under the bridge and all that) I will most likely be correction that terminology during the final revision. Also, thanks a bunch for the heads up about Mr. Axelrad! I'll keep what you said in mind, but I am trying to cut down on the cliff-hangers anyway.
eternalsailorsolarwind - I like fish impressions! Thanks for doing one for me. ^_~ And nope, as this chapter explains, it's no side story, just a filling chapter. As stated last chapter, if there is one person that Shampoo listens to and obeys without question it's Cologne and as it's always best take a direct approach to things, Cologne is the route to go. As for the correspondence between Cologne and Kagome… merely one more twist of an odd tale and something that popped up on it's own actually! And next up, the Tendo's! Well, some other stuff to, but you get the point. ^_^ Although, their reaction isn't as big as it could be… ah well, it (the Tendo's reactions) will make more screen appearances during revisions I guess.
Kammi - high praise indeed! I thank you very sincerely for your comments, it's nice to know that I'm one of the good writers/story in fanfiction 'cause I think we all hate shifting though hundreds of pieces of trashy or mediocre stories for the gems. As for originality though… in all honesty the basic plot of "Sealed Past" -- Ranma as Inuyasha's reincarnation -- has been done before but I am trying to keep what happens within the story unique and am pleased to hear that I'm achieving that goal.
Strawberry Inuyasha - thanks for your comments and as for research, it's the backbone of any story! (Also something I adore doing… for anything really, personal reasons, school projects, etc.) Do it thoroughly and learn the difference between canon and fanon! Also a tip that I have, document your own story to death -- it makes writing easier for those time when you don't have "inspiration" and have hit a "writer's block". If I've got a paragraph outlining something for a story, I can usually turn it into two typed pages of the story.
inukoro - I'm on dial-up at the moment so nothing's going to be done, but do keep reminding me, I'll get around to it sometime! (Before the end of April at least.)
Vex The Warlord - oh shot! Thanks for bring the spelling mistake to my attention! (It's at times like these I wish I had a Mandarin dictionary.)
Kallipso Eclipse - having Kagome deal with the Amazons, was it classic as it's been done before? Or classic as in it was a good idea? Hum? I would like to know.
golden_kitsune - well Kagome is quite a bit older in this fiction. And I hope although you were scared, I didn't scare you away and you're still reading
 
Chapter 21
xtor49 - yes indeed, there is much to resolve and still chapters to post!
ladyofthedragon1984 - evil, evil dial-up! It wouldn't be so bad I suppose if I hadn't been spoiled by high-speed at university! Glad you liked the names I gave to the Chinese Amazons, I had fun getting to the, and Kasumi will be making future appearances along with other Tendos.
inukoro - yes, yes, yes I know, review, review, review. I wouldn't say Kagome speaks `bad Chinese' just not fluent, and thanks for the complement about the Menomaru Arc, I thought it was a good twist myself (hence it's appearance I guess you could say! ^_^)
Calamity - Queen of Cordite - thank-you for alerting me to the fact that the Nerima Wreaking Crew is a fanon term, I was unaware of this being more knowledgeable about InuYasha then I am of Ranma 1/2. Thanks for the understanding about cliff-hangers, and don't sweat spelling errors in reviews, emails, and chat rooms for it is there that spelling and grammar deteriorate but please do keep hammering away at me for my errors in this story! (I should have no excuse, but I'll probably make one! ^_~)
Alterfano - thank-you! I was struggling to name the characters, the fictional Chinese Amazon ancestors, and it stuck me that as Shampoo, Cologne, and Mousse are named for `care products' that I could borrow a leaf from Rumiko Takahashi page, hence Conditioner and Perfume were born. And you're right, Colonge's about 300, Kagome visited 500 years ago, so that means there's 200 years between them and though I bend stuff to fit my story, I can't really bend the background of the stories (to, to much **grins**).
eternalsailorsolarwind - once again I thank you for your lovely comments. ^_^ That is something I failed to consider, Inuyasha's knowledge of the `Amazon Incident', thanks for bringing it to my attention, I shall once more have something more to refine during final revisions over the summer months. It is quite possible that Kagome never mentioned it, but her disappearing for a while and not down the well I think would defiantly be noted by our favourite hanyou… ah, possibilities. For now, as you see, until the story's completion as you are the only one to comment about how replies shall be made, they will continue to be posted at the bottom of each chapter.
BiggestInuyashaFANever - Ranma is still Ranma and still resembles himself, he now is merely awakened to the knowledge of his past life as Inuyasha. The only time Ranma usually becomes demonic in appearance is when under an emotionally stressful situation that forces the `inner demon' to the forefront.
 
Chapter 22
les-chan - thank you for your enthusiastic comments regarding Seal Past and in time, everyone will get there deserved comeuppance… or anyway, one's that I see fit to deliver to them. ^_^
Kallipso Eclipse - well, you now know what the picture shows so I believe that answers that question. Also, thanks for clarifying your definition of `classic', I feel it is always best to understand what exactly people are trying to say, especially in regards of improvement of my story.
ladyofthedragons1984 - thanks a lot, though me being me and knowing that there is always room for improvement, those scenes need a lot of work.
xtor49 - valid point about Nabiki (she is after all greatly driven by the desire of financial wealth, not `honour'), I shall have to address the problem and place a different slant on it during revisions I guess.
Master Roy - thank you for your constructive comments regarding characterisation and story length, they are this I am taking into consideration. I shall as you mentioned check out the works you recommended and thank you for being thoughtful enough to provide not only them to me, but a web url and the search term that would turn them up.
eternalsailorsolarwind - Akane is stubborn and I believe somewhat resistant to the idea of change, especially regarding interactions/relationships with people unless instigated by herself. It provides material to play with in any case. And if I say much more I shall be dropping foreshadowing hints so this reply ends now. ^_^
Anaki Of The Blood Wolves - thanks for your comments and nice of you to leave a review.
Strawberry Inuyasha - slightly rush… yes, that is a good term to describe them I guess, and a sensation that will have to be eliminated during revisions.
inukoro - I shall keep it, come hell or high water, I shall keep it.
 
Chapter 23
ladyofthedragons1984 - sorry to hear about your sign-in troubles I have recently experienced that with my mother's Mac for my email accounts, hope the chapter was worth the wait and have fun coming up with your definition!
BiggestInuyashaFANever - thanks and yes Nabiki is quite devious, and I shall leave her to her photography secrets… and as for the question regarding what Ranma looks like, check out Chapter 21, the replies to reviews have now been posted.
Dream girl - I do!
golden_kitsune - um… you want a bigger confrontation? Don't worry too much, its coming. ^_^ (I guess you could say that was just another log to the fire.)
lilcar12 - twice a week is quick enough for me, sorry, updates aren't going to be arriving any sooner. But I am quite pleased to hear that you're itching to hear more!
badgerwolf - ah, great minds think alike, fools never differ! The final comeuppance is about to commence over the final few chapters.
crazy-chick14 - thanks for your review!
TheDudeAbides - by no means take my word for it, but I am under the strong impression that in Japan all schools have `uniforms' to some degree -- even if it is just a standardisation of dress.
bunny3km - oh, yeah, I've been called a storyteller! Thank you and I hope you enjoy the remaining chapters.
Kallipso Eclipse - an apt saying, one that will prove very true in up coming chapters… as for the Wreaking Crew, well, you'll see!
eternalsailorsolarwind - no, you never have hated a chapter and that's a very good thing! (I'll have to keep it that way!) And as for the photographs… darn, missed considering another factor but then again, who said anything about a human taking them? A human [Nabiki] just happens to have her hands on them. ^_^ (But it is something I shall have to smooth out.) As for an upcoming `argument', yes, this is something I too strongly sense. ^_~
xtor49 - dead, dead, dead! Mwahaha! Okay, I'm fine, and yeah personally, I love Happousai's closing comment myself. It made me snicker to write it. ^_^
ebit 333 - thanks for joining me and the other readers on this story's journey and leaving a review!
 
Chapter 24
lilcar12 - I did, and I did it again! Mwahaha! Don't worry though, the final two chapters will be posted consecutively.
Badgewolf - hey! I'm the only one who's allowed to laugh hysterically here! Mwahaha! (actually I don't really mean that ^_~) Anyway, on with the story.
golden_kitsune - indeed I am stocking the fire, but I am sorry to say that soon it shall burn itself out and the story will end. Sigh. Oh well, that's not till two chapters away! More fire wood!
Kallipso Eclipse - thank you, I like to think at times I'm witty. ^_^ And yep, the term `mess' is accurate when talking about the entirety that is the Nerima Wrecking Crew! And yes, you do get to see Sesshoumaru tear into Genma… but that's for the next chapter, first up Akane and Ranma!
eternalsailorsolarwind - ah, lovely to see you as always. Yes, let's leave Nabiki to her little mysteries—it's safer for us that way! I just adore the way you pick up hints so nicely and let me know that you have noticed them, then I know that I'm doing something right! And yes the phone call was for something… ^_^. (Also, thanks for the observations regarding the “Father” reference, something else to fix. Yesh.) As for marriage between Kagome and Ranma… hum, idea, but for the moment no, because when you consider the fact that Inuyasha considered himself mated or `married' five hundred years ago and Inuyasha is now Ranma…. Rich, witch, bitch, hump, have to deal with that `cause I actually don't have much of a reaction, but then again most of the demon's present are canines so maybe I can use that as their non reaction to the term. **shrugs shoulders** But don't worry, you will get a reaction out of Ranma soon, very soon, as in next chapter! Sorry about the cliff hanger this chapter and the final two chapters will be posted consecutively so after this there will be no more cliffies! Also, thank you kindly for the congrats regarding my first year of university and my job.
xtor49 - thanks for the info regarding the Soul of Ice, I'll add that later. And as for Akane's impatience… it's about to land her in a world of trouble! See you next chapter!
BiG SiR - you will get to see Inu-Ranma (love how you referred to him, sums it up nicely!) react to Akane trying to smack Kagome actually! Are you by any chance physic? And how exactly did Chapter 23 seem unfinished? Just in the way I ended it, or the story content itself?
beccapatty2 - thanks for dropping in a comment now! Better late then never, right? And oh wow, I'm the first reincarnation story you've read? I think it's the opposite for me, I've read more reincarnation stories then I have pure crossovers! (But then again the number's pretty dismal for both! **laughs**) Hope to hear for you again at the end!
TheDudeAbides - oh, I have another beta-reader! **smiles** Actually I am well aware of my grammar errors and will make no excuse for them for them as I have none that is valid but I do intend to post an error free version before the revised version (which will have different scenes). But otherwise, I will note down what you've said and apply it in future.
Mrs Cake - Yes, it was Chapter 22 and I'm glad you liked Happousai's line, I though it was very appropriate for the old pervert!
Vex the Warlord - one thousand, one hundred, oh dear I have no recall either. I've seen or heard it referred both ways I think which means only one thing… time to go watch the InuYasha movies! Thanks for mentioning the slip up though.