Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ The Forgotten Primarch of Chaos ❯ The Lion and the Horse ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ranma/Warhammer 40K/Sailor Moon/Tenchi Muyo Crossover Fanfiction

Disclaimer: I do not own Ranma ½, Warhammer 40K, Sailor Moon or Tenchi Muyo. Ranma 1/2 belongs to Lady Rumiko Takahashi. Warhammer 40K belong to Games Workshop. Sailor Moon belongs to Naoko Takeuchi. Tenchi Muyo belongs to Kajishima Masaki. This story is created solely for entertainment purposes and no profits are gained from this.

The Forgotten Primarch of Chaos

By Montymouse

' ' - Thoughts

" " - Speech

( ) - Action

Chapter Sixteen - The Lion and the Horse

***

"Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved."

Quote William Jennings Bryan

***

Location: Unknown

Roboute Guilliman, Primarch of the Ultramarines and formerly Lord Commander of the Imperium, the first who held that title and only man ever to command the entirety of the Imperium's armed forces since Horus Heresy. He guided the young Primarch, Ranma Saotome across the corridor and down towards a set of large golden double doors. The moment he opened the doors, Ranma's jaw dropped at the view of the architecture, which defied any rational and logical explanation. The elements of this massive chamber are as he might had expected; walkways, stairs and archways but the way they are put together is so insane that seemed to defy all laws of nature.

'This is insane, who ever designed this must be a complete lunatic or heavily on drugs!' Ranma first thought and came to the conclusion that what he was seeing is not the reality of the place but is the only way in which the logic in his mind interprets it. Ranma stood there at the doorway for a moment, feeling himself becoming lost and his mind chasing through endless paths of unreason. Fortunately Ranma willpower was strong and was able to draw his attention away from the view and kept it focused.

Felix noticed the confusion on Ranma's face and waved a paw to snap him out and grinned when he turned to look at him, "Confusing isn't it?" Felix asked, brushing his long whiskers with his paw. Ranma nodded.

"Oh, don't worry you will get used to this after awhile. Besides you only going to be here for a short period of time here. Just follow your brother and he will lead you in the right way through this place." Felix explained and pointed to where Roboute Guilliman was. "You should've seen me the first time I was here." Felix added to reassure Ranma.

"So, what happened when you were here?" Ranma curiously asked about his feline friend comment.

"Well, I got lost for about two or three weeks, you can't really keep track time in here. It wasn't until Queen Serenity herself found me when she found that I wasn't by her side and awfully concerned about my whereabouts." Felix answered. "All I wanted was to find the kitchen chamber in this place, no one told me that it was in the next room.

Ranma laughed which was soon followed by Felix laughter. Guilliman smirked as he had heard about that rumor and carried on walking. Glancing over his shoulder, he saw that Ranma had stopped.

"Come, Ranma, it not that long to go now." Ranma stopped laughing and nodded, increase his pace to catch with his brother Primarch through the complex maze of stairways, passageways and doorways. Felix was perfectly balanced on Ranma's left shoulder and as they were trekking through the maze complex, Ranma decided to ask his feline companion some questions to pass the time and to satisfy his curiosity.

"Tell me, Felix. How did my father meet Queen Serenity? What is their relationship? They seem pretty close from what I could gather by my observation." Ranma asked.

"Hmm . . . I don't really know the true extent of their relationship nor do I want to pry in their personal business. Queen Serenity had always been able to tell if one can be trusted as a friend or companion. What I do know from my observation is that they share a close bond of trust and friendship. Is this what you have observed?" Ranma nodded in conformation. "They do share a lot of common things like they were once powerful rulers, wise and just, and eventually betrayed for that led to their downfall. She trusts him and I think he does too. How they met was just purely random luck, anything else you would like to ask?" Felix explained whiles subconsciously tapping in Ranma's mind and storing the necessary information for future reference as he probably going to need it also he did to test their mental bond which they share as master and familiar.

"Thanks, Felix . . . erm . . . nope can't think of anything right now." Ranma said as he shook his head for the fifth time as he stared at a twisted stairway that seems to be endless and also defy gravity.

"This is getting weirder and weirder. Then again, it feels like home already except for the constant fighting and kidnapping." Ranma whispered under his breathed. Walking down a narrow stairway, keeping his eyes ahead rather than looking anywhere else.

A hour later or so . . .

"Past that door is someone who will help you improve your prowess and martial skills. He will hopefully show you how to control your dormant hidden powers and talents that our father has bestowed onto you and possibly gain a understanding on why." Guilliman said to Ranma. "You might not know it but if father believes you are the one who inherited his genes, then you are quite possibility the most powerful Primarch ever created. But he on the other hand beyond that door is not convinced that you are. It will be interesting to see what will develops." Guilliman added and pointing towards a door bearing the symbol of a sword with wings attracted to it.

Ranma somehow recognized it as the chapter symbol of the Dark Angels due to the mental link he shared with his feline companion. Ranma was puzzled as he had never seen this type of symbol or the runes inscribed along the edge of the doorway but yet it seemed very familiar.

"Oh, don't tell me it's him!" Ranma said as he suddenly figured out whom he was about to meet during the brief meeting with the other Primarchs. As he took a step towards the entrance of the Dark Angels, he was slightly surprised when Felix leapt off his shoulder and made his way towards Guilliman. Ranma stopped and turned around to see Felix sitting next to his brother with a large grin on his face.

"Huh . . . why aren't you two coming with me?" Ranma inquired before sighing when he pieced together the situation. "Wait a minute, don't tell me. I have to face this alone, don't I."

"We see you soon." Felix smirked.

Guilliman nodded to Ranma's inquiry. "There is no need to worry, Ranma. He won't kill you . . . maybe beat the crap out of you but that all it's going to be." He answered and gave a smile of encourage unfortunately this had a negative effect to Ranma.

"Thanks a lot, you guys for the encouragement. That's all I need." Ranma said as he slowly turned around and pushed the door, which was surprisingly easy to open.

Preparing for the worse. Ranma was surprised to see it was to see a huge chamber sorta like the one in the Tendo Dojo but huge. He was relieved that the chamber had none of the weird stairways or floating furniture that he saw awhile ago. It was a large sparring arena that had traditional elements relating to normal training houses with some sort of square shaped training arena in the centre. On the far right of chamber was a huge assortment of various blades, axes and exotic weapons that hung off the many weapons' racks. On the left reminded him of a traditional Japanese tearoom, which was a bit odd. Basically it looked like the Tendo Dojo but far more superior in terms of quality, size and appearance with well-equipped martial arts equipment and training implements.

Ranma whispered in appreciation as he took a few steps forwards and was awed by the magnitude and craftsmanship of the chamber. It was until he stared out at the far end of the chamber, he noticed someone sitting lotus position and was in a state of meditation especially with the shimmering dark aura he was producing. Deciding to confirm whom he was about to meet, he took a few steps more and got a better look at the person. He was wearing a darker colour outer hooded robe with a marital arts uniform beneath. A beautiful and finely crafted bladed sword that resembled his Lion Sword encased in its scabbard.

Ranma noticed the thoughtful and peaceful expression on his face. Not knowing what to do, he just stood there in front of him hoping that he would break out of his mediating trance soon. He really didn't want to disrupt or intrude on him mainly because he didn't really know how he would react if he did. If it was him, he probably be a little angry but wouldn't lash out at anyone. Him on the other hand, he wasn't really sure especially the grudge he held against him when they first met. His hesitation was soon answered . . .

"You're late, Ranma." Jonson whispered. His eyes were still closed but made no attempt to move or get up.

"Late for what?" Ranma asked, slightly confused and wondering what he was supposed to be late for or what he supposes to do.

"For this!" Jonson shouted as he leapt to his feet and grabbed the pommel of his sword with his right hand in one swift fluid motion. Unsheathing the blade from its scabbard. Jonson thrust his blade at him so fare that Ranma barely had enough time to register in his mind of the immediate danger.

Only Ranma's superhuman reactions and natural martial arts reflexes saved him from being skewed by Jonson's blade, sidestepping to his right before ducking underneath the blade to avoid a vicious swipe. Ranma backflipped away from him and landed only a couple of metres away from him in a defensive stance.

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING!" Ranma shouted angrily, readying himself for a fight. "Are you trying to kill or something? I thought we were on the same side!" Ranma was confused and stunned by his brother's action.

Jonson took a few steps towards him and swiftly spun his sword and sheathed the blade back into its scabbard in a smooth motion. Ranma was beginning to be extremely concerned if this turned out to be a fight, the way that Jonson held himself and speed needed his full concentration and skill. Jonson raised his hand in a peaceful and calming gesture. An evil smirk ran across his face as he began to explain the situation.

"You just assumed that we were on the same side, Ranma Saotome." Jonson said.

Ranma didn't lower his guard or stance. He was still suspicious of his brother. "What is that supposed to mean?"

'He still has a lot to learn.' Jonson shook his head as he stopped within a metre from Ranma. "Lesson two, never assume or think that someone who you think will aid or help you without them proving his or her loyalties first. Beware of whom you put your trust or faith into someone you don't fully know or understand otherwise the next time you won't be so lucky. This, I learnt the hard way." Jonson said. Ranma noticed him wincing slightly at the uncomfortable memory with his former friend and brother, Luther.

Ranma winced also at his memory when those two unidentified Sailor Senshi suddenly attacked him and the many other times in his chaotic life. "So . . . erm . . . what's rule one then?"

Jonson expression changed from hurt to a knowing grin. "Your Honour is your life, let none dispute it or use it against you."

" . . . " Ranma thought about it for a moment and began to sweat a little. "I see . . . but what did you attack me? Couldn't you have just asked." Ranma inquired as he slowly began to relax his stance.

"Simple, I just wanted to see how good you were. As we are genetically related to each and are considered battle brothers, I knew fully well that you would have evaded my blade despite my best attempts."

"What would happen if I didn't?" Ranma exclaimed. "You could've had killed me!"

"You're still alive aren't you?" Jonson simply answered. Ranma was about to argue back at his rational logic but realized that he did have a point.

"Although we are genetically related to each other and loyal to our father. There are others like us that would want you dead the moment you were born. Tell me something, why did you hesitate in your fight against Angron when you could've have finished him?" Jonson asked. He had watched the battle between the pigtailed martial artist and the Daemon Primarch of the Worldeaters and was impressed by his hand to hand combat ability and swordplay until the moment when he was about to deal the final killing blow. He was confused at that pointed and wanted this to be cleared up.

" . . . " Ranma was silent and shrugged. "I don't know, I just couldn't kill him, I meant he was once my former brother of mine." Ranma honestly answered.

Jonson sighed, he knew of Ranma's good nature and heart, which to some would be the qualities of a dedicated leader and inspiring warrior of the new Imperium. To others it could be seen or judged as a flaw or a sign of weakness. A very dangerous weakness in a warrior of light as devious, cunning and ruthless opponents such as M'Kachan and N'Kari could exploit to their full advantage.

"Listen carefully, brother. Angron WAS once just like you and me. He was loyal, dedicated and proud Primarch of the Emperor's Adeptus Astartes. He was very confident in his own abilities but was very arrogant, vain and stubborn. He held the same values that you have, fighting for what he believed in and those he was put in charge, crushing his enemies as quick as possible. The Dark God, Khorne saw this trait in him and used his qualities to lure him to the path of light to the path of blood and butchery. Since Horus Heresy, those values and vows he had once held in the service of the Emperor had degenerated to acts of butchery and genocide in the name of the Blood God." Jonson lectured to Ranma whilst making sure that Ranma understood what he was explaining.

"Think about it, if the situation was reversed, Angron would have never hesitated in having your head on his trophy pike. He would then proceed to slaughter those you care and love without remorse or mercy. So the next time you face him, think about those that are under your protection. A duel to the death between you and a powerful opponent always have severe implications and consequences that you must consider." Jonson finished his lecturing and studied Ranma's face to see a mixture of emotions and thoughts on his brother's face.

Ranma nodded, he had a point there and knew that those words came from years of experience and wisdom, which was far better than those idiotic suggestion from Genma and he was distrustful from Cologne advice. They all had a hidden motive for teaching him but Jonson, he couldn't work out what his intention were. Repeating what he had said over in his mind, if he was going to fight the four Dark God's Daemon Princes and minions, he would have to be careful in his actions and to make sure those he considered family were safe and protected. He knew that there was bound to be a price to pay for this but to what extent, he didn't know.

Jonson turned and walked towards the far side of the room and took a pair of two metre long pole like weapons whilst removing his sword and placed it on a specially mounted rack. Both poles were made of unknown material. He then turned around and threw one to Ranma. "Here Ranma, catch."

Ranma caught the weapon with ease and examined the pole briefly, noticing that it had no blade tip but had at one end, it was flared slightly into blunt, spatulate flatness.

"Ranma, let's see how good you really are? No holding back because I sure hell won't and if you do, you are going to regret it!" Jonson warned him, settling into a casual crouch, legs plated wide for preparation for any attacks that Ranma could do. The Dark Angels Primarch held the pole across his broad chest, upper tip angled out to deflect, lower pulled back ready to snap out an underhook from the waist when it was least expected. Also the fact that Jonson seemed to be towering over Ranma added to the fact that it was going to difficult fight.

Ranma smirked and was confident about this fight. He had fought Doombreed and Angron, two of Khorne most fearsome and powerful generals but rather than letting his ego go to his head like other occasions, he learnt never to underestimate his opponents from an early age. Ranma took a similar but less swoop stance as they circled each other.

"First one to be knocked off his feet, loses and anyone that steps out of the ring boundaries will count as DQ. It's as simple as that." Jonson stated the rules of the fight.

'Heh, he'll soon be knocked off his feet." Ranma came to a tactical analysis of Jonson, his confidant raising by the second as he circled him, waiting for an opportunity to strike.

Jonson smirked a little but strictly kept his emotions in check. He noticed that Ranma's centre of balance was too high but decided to wait, just in case he was feinting to lure him in.

Time seemed to slow down as they that studied each other stance and it was Ranma who initiate the first strike. He swung his pole tip down at Jonson, who deflected it with his own raised tip, immediately pushing out the underhook in response. But Ranma blocked the hook with a bell like clang of metal, swept in with his upper tip and Jonson parried and stepped the second strike. Jonson ducked underneath the third strike before swing his weapon in a wide arc, which he fully knew that Ranma would try to block and counter the strike, and as he parried that, Jonson deftly slide both hands to one end of his pole and hooked it behind Ranma's knees. He then twirled his pole and smacked it across Ranma's chest whilst in midair and smashing him down to the ground.

Ranma landed on the sparring mat hard, his breath barked out of him and a pain flared up in his chest, surprised by being caught off guard so easily but then again, Jonson was a seasonal and experienced fighter. He also chalked it up on his limited experience with this pole like weapons.

"Very good, brother," said Jonson as he helped him back to his feet. "Again?"

Ranma nodded and ignore the pain in his chest. "Of course."

'Dammit, he is good at this and he knows it," Ranma thought and decided to change his tactics and combat stance.

"All right . . . BEGIN!" Jonson shouted as he took the offensive this time, barely seeming to prepare himself.

He spun in a flurry of blows, high and low, that had the young pigtailed Primarch lurching back across the arena. The air rang with the strokes of metal on metal. Ranma was in trouble as he had expected his opponent to lay back and allow him to strike but this sudden tactics caught him off guard again. Ranma had a reputation of being able to think on his feet in a heated battle and always had a counter for every opponent's strikes. Just when it seemed Ranma was about going to be driven across the red out of bounds border around the edge of the mat. Ranma knew he had to take the offensive otherwise Jonson going to win again and in his life as a martial artist he had never been beaten twice in a row in a challenge.

Ranma rallied and threw a series of thrusting strikes and sweeps that forced Jonson to first duck and then back off.

Jonson grinned and mentally noted Ranma's unorthodox style as 'Interesting.' He notices that Ranma frequently changed grip, so that many blows were readdressed and swiftly reversed and he wasn't afraid to swing the pole one handed, increasing its potential reach. Jonson knew that many masters would frown on this methods of fighting as using a staff one handed meant that the chances of having the weapon knocked from your grasp would double, fortunately Ranma's unorthodox style was paying off.

"Much better, I was hoping for this to happen. Who taught you how to fight like that?" Jonson inquired as he parried Ranma's weapons downwards before swung it across at chest height.

Ranma grinned as he was enjoying the challenging fight. "Thanks, brother." He managed to say as he hopped back to avoid the pole smashing him by inches. "Mainly . . . I have learnt most of it . . . myself and partially from the training . . . from . . . Anything Goes Martial Arts!" Ranma answered as he evaded and parried another flurry of lightning speed attacks and countered with a full one hundred and eighty-degree sweep.

Jonson easily hopped over the sweep. "Anything goes? Haven't heard of it but interesting technique anyway." He said as he arched his weapon in diagonal upward sweep with the flat end of his pole.

Ranma parried. "I'll tell you later." He then backflipped to gain some breathing space and before landing in offensive stance. His pole weapon held across his chest, protecting his upper body.

The sparring match between the two Primarchs was quite different, unlike the previous battles that Ranma had fought in where brute strength and sheer power was needed. This sparring match needed superhuman reflexes, quick thinking and speed. Jonson was matching his attack and pace with minimal effort. Ranma blocked three experts thrusts from Jonson, and then tore in with an underhook so well timed Jonson had to leap back to avoid having his ribs broken although he was quick at dodging, Ranma was quicker and smacked in the ribs. Fortunately for Jonson, he had just did enough to only received a large bruised and perhaps a fractured rib. Jonson didn't have time to recover from Ranma's strike as he was caught wrong footed. Seeing his window of opportunity, Ranma pressed on and drove on the advantage, knowing that he wouldn't get a second chance. Scything his pole out one handed to clout Jonson around the head.

But Jonson feinted, 'I got you now, Ranma!'

He brought his pole up and intercepted Ranma's wrist. Ranma's pole went spinning away through the air. Jonson the butted Ranma in the chest with the tip of his pole. Just before Ranma was about to hit the floor, he quickly swept Jonson's legs in attempt's to knock him off his feet but he hopped back.

Ranma landed with a crash and sighed deeply in defeat as he tried to get up to his feet, "You win again, Jonson."

Jonson shook his head, "No, Ranma, it is you that have won this round."

"Huh?" Ranma said, a bit confused until Jonson pointed to where his left foot was. It was squarely planted in the red border.

"Out of Bounds, Ranma. You win." Jonson said and helped him to his feet again.

Ranma rubbed his chest and just stared at his brother's honesty before laughing out loud. Jonson chuckled as he relaxed his stance.

"So, Ranma, do you want to finish this as we are tie right now with one a piece?" Jonson asked and knew full well that he wouldn't hesitant in accepting.

"Are you kidding? Of course I want to finish this! I'll always finished what I started." Ranma answered confidently.

Jonson raised his hand to his mouth. "(Cough) . . . bullshit . . . (Cough) . . . multiple fiancées . . . (Cough)" He said under his coughing fit and ignored his piercing glare.

Ranma sighed and gave in. "All right! All right! Most of the things I started and finished."

Jonson then walked over to Ranma and asked him if he could have his pole. He agreed and handled him the weapon, wondering what the next weapons that they were going to use to decide the final bout. Ranma watched as Jonson placed the two slightly bent and distorted poles back to their respective places on the weapons rack before picking up his own sword. He then turned and walked to the sparring mat.

"Hey! Where is my weapon?" Ranma asked, knowing that he had a significant advantage in reach with that sword of his.

Jonson ignored him and pressed a button on the floor with his foot, which activated some sort of mechanizing beneath the floor, as there was a slight humming sound. Ranma turned around to see, coming up from a concealed hole in the floor, a crystallized box that contained his Nekoken sword.

"Pick it up, Ranma. It's your rune weapon and I can't touch it without severe consequences." Jonson said, unsheathing his blade and started to relax his tense muscles by weaving his sword in a bewildering, swirling arc. Ranma knew that Jonson's specialty was in the sword and knew that this round was going to be extremely hard judging by his body stance and movement.

Ranma nodded and walked over towards the glass case. Slowly opening the glass lid, he reached in and picked up the weapon, feeling the power of the Nekoken flowing through his body as it recognized it's user unique aura as it's only owner. Gripping the pommel and scabbard in both hands, he slowly pulled them apart until he heard a barely audible click and continued to unsheathed the blade, revealing it's untainted and shiny black blade.

Giving the blade, a few test strokes and sweeps until he was satisfied he was ready, he turned around and walked over to the Dark Angels Primarch, stopping just a few metres.

Jonson stopped and turned to face him, "Are you ready, Ranma?" He asked, receiving a nodding reply of acknowledgement in response.

Jonson smiled, "All right, Ranma. This last and final round is different from the other two. The winner is the one who makes his opponent submit in checkmate position. The out of bound circles does not apply and all techniques and methods are allowed. Interfere from outside sources is unacceptable. Treat this as a fight to the death but one hit death strikes or fatality hit is not allowed. Do you understand?" Jonson said, making sure that he understood what he was saying.

Ranma nodded, "Sure."

Suddenly Jonson and Ranma turned their attention to the far end of room to see a Felix, Serenity, Guilliman and a female hooded figure in blue and white robes. Ranma sensed that she was awfully familiar but couldn't work out why and judging by the amount of energy rolling off her, he could tell that she was a powerful person. For no apparent reason, Ranma started to get a bit edgy when he saw the robed hooded woman and the Queen Serenity talking to each other and then starting to giggle afterwards. It was the same feeling that always told him that someone was involving him in his or her plans and putting him in deep shit.

Jonson nodded to the crowd and receiving a slight nod from Guilliman, "It's seem we have a crowd to see us fight, we better give them a performance that won't forget."

Ranma nodded again, "Won't they get hurt in our fight?" he asked.

A faint yellow screen suddenly appeared in front of the crowd to answer Ranma's question.

"I'll think we got that sorted." Jonson replied, getting in an offensive stance, his sword was held parallel across his chest, "Ready?"

Ranma was ready, his rune sword relaxed in his right hand in a neutral stance as he raised his left hand and gestured him, taunting him to make the first move, "Ready."

Jonson cast a glance over to Serenity. She nodded, as she knew what he wanted her to do. "Queen Serenity, can you do the Honour?

Serenity rose to her feet and waited for the two Primarchs to prepare themselves, "Lion El Jonson, 'The Lion' Vs Ranma Saotome, 'Wild Horse'."

"Begin!" she said with full authority and power.

Jonson was the first to move and charged forward, his silver blade was swung in upward angle. Ranma sidestepped and parried his blow at the same time. The clash of blades echoed around the arena as the two Primarchs fought with such determination, neither giving each other space to move around as they circled each other. A flurry of strikes was launched at Ranma. Ranma was forced to draw from all his reserves to fend off the well-placed blows, using all of his training with Katsuhito and Tenchi. Ranma decide to back off as Jonson pressed on his attack. Engaging him at such close range was proving to be much more difficult than he expected.

Assuming defensive stance, Ranma waited for the next attack. Blocking a series of blows that would have severed any lesser warrior's head. Ranma's patience was wearing thin, as he couldn't use his Hiryü Shöten Ha. Jonson smirked as he watched Ranma trying to lure him into his trap despite the numerous insults and taunts he was throwing at him. Jonson wasn't about to get angry by these words. He just remained calm and kept a cool aura around him.

Every time Ranma used his special Saotome or Amazon techniques on the Dark Angels Primarch he would either dodge or leap out of its range with ease like he always knew what he was about to do. Ranma turned around in frustration and confusion, searching for a way to get through Jonson's formidable defence. Lion El Jonson was exceptionally skilled in hand to hand combat as well as swordplay which he could easily tell by the way he moved and the stances he always took, constantly changing to match his. For every strike or combinations of movements he did, Jonson would always have a countermeasure available.

Ranma threw a straight punch at him. Jonson swayed to the side and the punch sailed past his head. Stepping in close, Jonson's elbow connected sharply with Ranma's head as he stumbled back. Following up quickly, Jonson landed a heavy kick to the side of Ranma's left knee, sending him crashing to the ground. Ranma's clutched his leg in pain and saw that Jonson was stepping in to finish the sparring fight. Ranma quickly grabbed Jonson by his robe, pulling him down and gave him an empty palm strike to his face.

Jonson reeled back, clutching his bleeding nose as Ranma slowly got to his feet just barely.

'That has got to hurt!' Ranma thought.

Suddenly Ranma had an idea that might be able to help defeat him but he had to do it quick if it was to work. Leaping back a few metres, he planted his feet wide and sheathing his blade in it scabbard that was strapped to his back. He then cupped his hand together and concentrated on his chi energies.

"Moko Takabisha!" Ranma exclaimed sending a blue fireball at him.

Jonson ducked and rushed forward, launching a savage counter attack, contained rage guiding his blade. Just as the blade was about to strike him, Ranma shuffled to his left avoid the swing and spun around, kicking Jonson's sword out of his hand.

Ranma then followed up his next move.

"Kachü Tenshin Amaguriken Advance!" he exclaimed, unleashes a barrage of over fifteen hundred punches, which sent Jonson reeling back. He was clutching his chest as he feeling himself absolutely breathless.

Jonson saw his sword was just to his left and immediately rolled towards it, grabbing it in time to parry away Ranma's blade. Quickly rising to his feet, Jonson stood still and concentrated placing fore and index finger against the side of his head as he concentrated on his psychic powers.

"Flamewall!" Jonson exclaimed using his hidden talent in psychic powers.

Ranma's sense foretold him of danger and backflipped away just in time to avoid becoming trapped in a circle of intense fire, "That was damn close!" he thought and, as he was getting up, he was sent flying across the arena ground. An invisible fist smacked into his chin.

"What the heck was that!" Ranma shouted, rubbing his chin painfully.

Jonson smirked and tapped the side of his head. "Psychic Powers!"

Seeing him concentrating on another blast, Ranma jumped back to his feet and unsheathed his Nekoken blade. A vivid blue lightening bolt was sent at him. Ranma raised his weapon to block the bolt and to his surprise the sword simply absorbed it. Looking at his blade, the rune sword was glowing with black electricity to indicate to him that it was fully charged up. Smirking, Ranma charged forward, moving left to right, avoiding the psychic charge bolts as he leapt forward into the air while spinning and swinging his rune sword in a complex pattern. Jonson was force back, parrying and blocking the various slashes and suddenly received a spinning heel kick when Ranma faked a leg sweep. Jonson was sent tumbling across the floor and looked up to see him leaping into the air, the Nekoken blade was crackling with pure warp energy.

"Sai Dai Kyü Neko Kijin Raishü Dan!" Ranma plunged the tip of the rune sword into the floor of the arena, unleashing a massive twenty-foot Ki purple blade. Jonson rolled to his right avoiding the Ki blade as it smashed into the other wall and, as he was getting up. It suddenly dawned on him that the Ki blade was a distraction when he felt Ranma aura behind him. Spinning around, he had just enough time to raise his sword up to counter his strike.

Ranma hits Jonson with enough force that it sent him into the air with an upward sword slash. Watching Jonson fallen back to the ground, he was surprised when he managed to turn in midair and land on his feet. "It takes more than that to get the better of me!" Jonson said, noticing that there was a large rip in his shirt. Deciding that a new change in tactics was needed, Jonson concentrated on his psychic powers.

"Heh, two can play that game!" Jonson shouted and launched three horizontal beams of pure warp energy in quick successions.

'Dammit, he is good but I never thought he be this good!' Ranma thought, ducking under the first, hopping over the second and cartwheel to his left but the third beam managed to catch him on his right shoulder, inflicting a deep cut. Ranma placed his hand over his shoulder and started to apply some of his Chi healing skills that he learnt from Cologne and Tofu a while ago. This was only a temporary fix up but it came in handle in long arduous fights like this.

Ranma decided to use a complex move that he used to beat Tenchi awhile ago at the Masaki temple. Rushing up to Jonson, he started with an upward diagonal left to right swipe. Followed by a right to left then a left to right pair of slashes. Then an upward diagonal right to left arc, then a low horizontal left to right slash. Which was then followed for a double Slash and a Heel Kick with his good leg. What made this technique so hard to block or counter was the combination of strikes were performed at the speed of Nekoken. Jonson was absolutely beaten and was sent crashing again to the floor.

Jonson shook off his confusion, wonder where he was for a few moments until he realized that he was still fighting him. Looking to his right, he rolled towards it and reach out, grasping the pommel of his sword when a foot landed on his hand and a blade was leveled against his throat. Jonson sighed in defeat and looked up to see Ranma absolutely exhausted and tired from their sparring match.

"You give up?" Ranma said, breathing heavily but kept his sword an inch from Jonson's throat.

Jonson nodded. Ranma sheathed his rune sword into its protective scabbard and helped the Dark Angels Primarch to his feet.

There was a general applause from the crowd as they approached them.

"Bout, Ranma Saotome." Serenity said, declaring the winner of the fight as she and Guilliman congratulate him.

Moments later . . .

Ranma sat down at the sidelines who was being treated by Serenity as she used her superior healing skills to fix his shoulder and slightly broken leg. Jonson sat down beside Ranma who was exhausted and battered both mentally and physically, the Dark Angel Primarch, fixed him with his piercing gaze, looking deep into the young Primarch's eyes.

"There is fierce pride and confidence within you, brother. I see it plain as day, but if you let your heart dominate your actions, which in the heat of battle it can be prove fatal," Jonson whispered.

Ranma was about to argue his statement but Jonson raised his hand to say he wasn't finished yet. "In the heat of battle, all emotions and senses must work together as one. For if one doubt his abilities or conscious at any moment then they will never vanquish their foes."

"So your saying that I have to become a cold, heartless killer, is that what you meant? Because I don't think I can become that type of person." Ranma replied, rubbing his left shoulder.

Jonson shook his head, "No, Ranma, you don't have to become that type of person, what I am saying is that you must keep the emotions about the people you care the most hidden and separated from those who are willing to hurt them."

Ranma decide to ask Jonson a question that had been bothering him during the whole fight. "What about the strike and hits I did to you? You didn't show any signs of discomfort or pain when I fought you. You were just taking them like they were nothing which could easily cripple a normal opponent."

Jonson lifted his shirt for Ranma to see a lot of painfully looking purple bruises, which was slowly healing up.

"Yes, Ranma those hits that you managed to get pass my defences did hurt like hell but I never reveal them to my opponents as this would increase my foe's morale."

Ranma sat opposite him, rubbing his knee, as it was still feeling a little sore but to his relief no broke bones. He then looked up at Jonson who was apply a bandage around his waist, "Erm . . . why then?" he asked.

"If people think you are unstoppable and impervious to pain then they will think twice to fight you. You should do the same especially against the minions of Slaanesh as they enjoy feeding off the suffering of their foes which make them stronger." Jonson said, wincing a bit when Ranma poked him to check.

Ranma nodded and made a mental note, 'Man, this guy as tough as Ryoga and he doesn't even know the Amazon Bakusai Tenketsu!' Ranma thought, thinking that if he did learnt that technique he could shrug off practically anything thrown against him including the kitchen sink and certainly a tomboy mallet wielder.

Serenity had just finished her healing on Ranma. She then got up to her feet and said that she expect the two of them to join them in the central chamber. Guilliman then escorted her out of the arena, closely followed by Felix.

Jonson noticed that the female hooded robe figure was still with them and was about to ask why she was still here when he received a psychic message from her. Jonson smirked and looked towards Ranma.

"Ranma, I have to go now, meet you there in a hour, don't be late okay." Jonson winked at him before he left the chamber, leaving him and robed figure alone in the arena

Ranma was confused by Jonson statement. "I wonder what he meant by that?"

"Hello, Ranma."

Ranma was clinging to the ceiling by his fingertips at the sudden voice. The robed figure looked up and pulled back to reveal a beautiful young woman with blue hair and red eyes with a unique triangle marking on her forehead.

Ranma looked down and was relieved. "Oh, it's only you Tsunami, it's the second time you did that." Tsunami giggles at his antics, he was much more attractive and fun to be with than Tenchi was.

She remembered the first time he met him and also the time she scared him when he was in the living room in the Masaki home without him sensing her. They talked for quite a while about general things and as Tsunami was connected with Sasami was about to relate to all the issues they talked about. Ranma became quite comfortable with her and lowered his guard down. Katsuhito was nearby and saw the interaction between Ranma and the Goddess of Jurai. He was surprised to see her here, as she normally wouldn't appear apart from Tenchi. Then he remembered that Sasami had a keen interest in him and maybe this was the reason for her to be here, determining if he was worthy or not. Tsunami soon beginning to fall in love with Ranma for his traits and personality that she had never expected to find anywhere else apart from Tenchi. The thing was that Ranma knew that instantly by her aura that she was a Goddess but it seems that he couldn't pieced together that she and Sasami were as one.

"I'm sorry, Ranma." She said and cast a downcast look. Ranma leapt down safety and straighten out his shirt.

"Don't be, I should've have been more aware." Ranma replied which brightened her mood that he wasn't angry or annoyed. A sudden thought entered in his mind.

"Erm . . . Tsunami, why are you actually here?" he asked and was fearfully on why she was here.

Tsunami sighed. "Ranma, I know what you are thinking of, and no, I'm not dead. You do know that I am a Goddess." She replied.

Ranma was relieved and calmed down. "So Tsunami, what brings you here?"

"Oh I'm here to see you . . . erm . . . on personal business." She recovered from her in mid-sentence and sat down. Ranma sat besides her, staring out at the battle arena for a moment. He had not noticing that she scooted closer to him, almost touching, despite being the most powerful Primarch of the Imperium. He still is oblivious to female behavior especially her actions that she trying to become closer to him for her and Sasami's sake.

Tsunami began to talk about the current crisis in Nerima that she been observing and how they think that he was dead. How Tenchi and the gang were coping with the situation and desperately needed help in order to overcome the M'Kachan and Angron forces. She basically filled in what Ranma had missed during his absence and informed him on what was happening. She then explained how there was another living Primarch aiding them against the chaos hordes. Ranma was surprised that another Primarch was still alive and asked who he was but Tsunami shook her head that she never seen this being before and said that he couldn't miss him because of his distinct features. Ranma was puzzled by that statement but shrugged. Ranma then talked about how he came here and how Jonson was the Dark Angels Primarch and was here for training purposes. Tsunami listened with keen interest at what was he saying, sometimes staring deep into his eyes while Ranma continued to talk, unaware of what she was doing. After awhile Tsunami decided that it was time for her to leave and was about to get to her feet. Ranma decided to act like a gentleman and got to his feet first and helped her.

"Why thank you, Ranma," she said sweetly and stared directly into Ranma's eyes. She wanted to ask him something but was unsure on how to go on about it.

"Ranma, how much do you like Sasami Jurai Masaki?" she asked bluntly.

Ranma was caught off by surprise by her question and thought about it a bit before answering it.

"To be truly honest, I like her a lot, she is a caring and sweet girl. She going to make someone extremely happy when she grows up." Ranma answered and saw the serene smile appearing on her face.

"Enough to love her perhaps?" She asked another direct question. Ranma just stared at her and her questioning motive before being replaced by a look of seriousness and thoughtfulness.

'I have to know how Ranma feels about her,' she thought, her hopes were placed on his answer and would be the determining factor if they would pursue him or not, considering his track record.

Meanwhile Ranma was about to deny it completely, as he didn't want Sasami drawn into his life and fiancée troubles. Then he remembered how Sasami would always be there for him and turn up when he need someone to talk to and he would do the same vice versa.

At first he was about to deny it on fact that she was too young for him but then realized that the Jurai Princess was about seven hundred years old and according to Washu data analysis on his genetic structure, he could easily live on for a long time. It meant that for every thousand years, Ranma would only age one year in physical terms so scratch that.

The Saotome and Tendo pact only applied to him if he was blood related to the Saotome and would've have followed the agreement due to his high sense of Honour despite the beatings. Fortunately he wasn't and that make the pact made void so scratch that too.

The other fiancées, Shampoo and Kodachi, there was no way in hell he was going to marry them. Ukyo on other hand, they had an understanding with each other, thank goodness otherwise things might have gone messy.

Ranma smiled, "Yes I would, if she felt the same way. Why do you ask?"

'Yes!' she thought but restrained herself from glomping onto him just in case he freaked out.

Tsunami smile brighten considerably, "Oh nothing, just curious. I think they are expecting you now." She pointed toward the entrance where Felix was waiting patiently for him.

Ranma looked at Felix who waved at him and looked back to see that she had disappeared in front of him, again.

"I'll never understand women. Daemons and Chaos Space Marines, I can handle. Women on the other hand . . . " Ranma muttered, walking towards Felix who was smirking. The feline had just pierced together from Ranma's memories and what she was getting at through their mental bond.

'Hmm . . . well, well. A Jurain Princess, this will be interesting.' Felix thought.

"What are you smirking at?" Ranma asked when he notices the expression on his face.

"Nothing important. " Felix replied innocently.

Ranma left eye started to twitch.

***

Meanwhile on the outskirts of Nerima…

"So mortal, you think you can defeat me . . . again!" mocked Jadeite, his black sword pointed at him.

Tenchi smirked, his Tenchiken in his right hand, assuming a defensive stance. "Of course, Demon!"

"Oh, and how are you going to do that?" Jadeite raised an eyebrow.

"Not me, them!"

Tenchi pointed behind him, Jadeite turned and acquired a pale expression when he saw Cypher and Sanguinius with a dozen of his Honour guards armed to the teeth with hand weapons and Bolters.

Cypher took careful aim with his plasma rifle and snapped three shots. Nearly simultaneously, Sanguinius ordered his Honour guard to direct all their fire at the Jadeite/ Bloodthirster stitched lines of fire across his chest. Jadeite reeled back and fell to one knee, clutching his chest, blood steeping from his chest and looked up to see Tenchi leaping towards him, his Tenchiken raised high into the air. Tenchi kicked down the Greater Daemon to the ground with such force that it sent the Daemon crashing into the ground. Tenchi stepped over its fallen form and drove his sword through the rib cage of the Greater Daemon.

The sword ripped through the soft organs but the Greater Daemon was determined not to die by the hands of this mortal as it brought its weapons forward and down on top of him. Tenchi sidestepped Jadeite and desperately parried the black sword with his Tenchiken but couldn't evade Jadeite club like fist into his shoulder. Tenchi reeled back; clutching his shoulder, knowing full well his shoulder bone had been shattered. Blood spurted from the gash as he fell backwards clutching the wound. Jadeite rose from the ground and walked slowly toward him, his black sword raised in the air while a dozen Bloodletters surrounded the Jurai Prince.

Katsuhito saw his grandson in danger, drew his sword and leapt into the fray. Katsuhito aka Yosho, the legendary warrior of Jurai rushed forward and covered the distance to the melee in four long strides and lunged into close combat. Katsuhito held the blade in both hands and swept it through a huge figure of eight. Impact jarred his arms as the weapon cleaved through his foes. The Bloodletters that survived the assault leapt back snarling and growling at the swordsman. Not liking the mocking display that the Bloodletters were putting on, Katsuhito lashed out with his sword, slashing the throat of one of the daemons before engaging Jadeite in mortal combat.

Cypher was by now beside Tenchi and he bent down to inspect the wound and removed a small spray from beneath his robes. He then administered the wound by sprayed it on the open wound which was beginning to seal it before it got infected. For brief moment Tenchi had a painful expression on his face but soon relaxed, Cypher notice his face was still pale but his eyes were clear and calm.

"I'm fine, Cypher, thanks for the pick me up. It will take more than a scratch like this to kill me."

"I'm please to hear it, Tenchi. Now might be a good time to test this theory." As Tenchi rose painfully to his feet Cypher took the moment to analysis the situation.

"We're surrounded again," Cypher commented.

"I can see that! What do you think we should do?" Tenchi replied.

"The only thing we can do - kill them all!" Cypher raised both of his plasma pistols and fired at the nearest targets.

"Sure that could work," Tenchi said as he engaged the nearest Daemon.

***

Ranma was standing in front of an audience. Queen Serenity, the Emperor and two other Primarchs, Lion El' Jonson and Roboute Guilliman were present. After receiving a briefing from all of them, Ranma turned to see to see a gateway opening up.

"Ranma, before we send you back to aid you friends back on Earth, there is one more thing that we must clear up. " The Emperor said, as he was about to enter the dimensional gateway just ten metres behind him.

"What is it, father?" Ranma glanced over his shoulder. He was kinda in a hurry when he saw the situation and his friends in Nerima through a dimensional window. They were currently holding out against the onslaught of the hordes of Daemons and Chaos Space Marines from the Worldeaters and Thousand Sons. He did not see the arrival of Sanguinius and Blood Angels, as there was a delay in the time space continuum between this and the mortal Earth realm.

"It's regarding the matter about Cypher's past actions and history." Jonson spoke up.

"It is better to hear the whole truth about him especially the incident on Achenar, what Kharn had told you does hold some truth but he wasn't the totally responsible for the death of millions of innocent people like he was claimed to be." The Emperor added.

Ranma remained silent as he waited for them to continue on, he had to know the truth about his friend. Questions like could he ever trust Cypher or can he confide in him again were raised as Ranma had mixed feeling about him.

"Go on, I'm listening." Ranma said.

"Cypher was a former commander from the Dark Angels legion and was highly praised for his bold initiative, leadership and bravery during the Great Crusade and under my command. Jonson explained as he remembered the many times that Cypher saved his life.

"But when former battle brother Luther betrayed me after Horus Heresy, Cypher was under the command of Luther and sequentially was cast out of the Dark Angels and branded as one of the fallen." Jonson had a pained expression on his face as he recalled the dark day. "In order to prevent the Dark Angels reputation from being stained, every single fallen Angel were to be hunted and made to repent for their sins in order to gain redemption in the eyes of the Emperor."

"What's so bad about this secret anyway?" Ranma said but immediately received a look from Jonson that if looks could kill, would've vaporised him on the spot.

Guilliman placed his hand on Jonson shoulder.

"Oh, lighten up Jonson, your men are extreme efficient at keeping this secret and have done for generations although some of their motives are questionable." Guilliman said as Jonson relaxed his glare at Ranma.

Jonson sighed, "If the Inquisition or the High Lords of Terra ever catch wind of this terrible secret, it would mean the total annihilation of the Dark Angel legion as the Imperium has a habit of cleansing anything that had been tainted with Chaos."

"Oh, right." Ranma whispered, completely shocked at such a secret could end the fate of thousands of loyal men. "So what does this have to do with Cypher?" Ranma asked again.

"When Cypher was cast down from the Dark Angels legion, he like the rest of his fallen brethren had to carry the huge burden like the rest of his fallen." Jonson explained Cypher situation. "Never to return home, persecuted by his own brothers constantly and never able to stay in one place for long period in case someone contact the Dark Angels."

"Compared to the upbringing you had, you had it easy." Guilliman commented, "Although Cypher had served under the traitorous legions, not once had he accepted the easy path to power which many had taken offered by the Dark Gods of Chaos. Although his heart and soul was not corrupted by chaos, some of his actions, he wasn't a complete saint as he had done things that would be seen as acts of great evil in order to get what he wants."

"What about this Achenar incident? Was Cypher responsible or not?" Ranma wanted this question answered importantly.

Ranma looked towards Guilliman and Jonson for answers.

Guilliman had a serious expression on his face while Jonson had a thoughtful look as he tried to remember the incident that had happened just a few centuries after the second war of Armageddon. "The full truth was that Cypher led the traitorous Worldeaters legion as they are not known for their cunning and strategic thinking, they are better known for the role of close combat orientated roles. Cypher and his men managed to infiltrate Achenar defence systems and managed to sabotage the missile and battery defences. The Worldeaters launched their assault on the defenceless population, killing thousands of people." Ranma was stunned at the Guilliman explanation.

"What the Worldeaters legion didn't know about was that the planet was already subjugated by the Imperial governor who had secretly worshipped the Dark God Slaanesh and most of the hierarchy had already been corrupted. Cypher had already seen what had happened in Armageddon and in order to save the billion of innocent people working under the corrupted governor from extermination from the Inquisition, he came up with plan but a heavy price was to be paid."

"How much power does the Inquisition have anyway?" Ranma asked.

"Too much but that's the way of life in our universe," The Emperor answered, "Continue on," he indicated to Jonson.

"Now where was I . . . " Jonson asked.

"You reached the part about the Imperial governor being corrupt." Ranma said.

Jonson nodded, "Anyway Cypher made the incident looked like the battle between the seemly loyal forces of the Imperium that had just been attacked by the traitorous forces of Worldeaters and Slaanesh Daemon armies. While making sure that the corrupt planetary leader and his servants were assassinated and replaced by someone more loyal and faithful to the Emperor and the Imperium. To make sure that the plan went well, he purposely let the Dark Angels know his location, a titanic battle happen lasting a hundreds of years."

"Then what happened?" Ranma intrigued by the story but then realised that time was running out, "You don't suppose you can hurry it out." Jonson glared at Ranma, as he didn't like being interrupted all the time.

"In a nutshell, Cypher succeed in save the people from being purged by the Inquisition but at the cost of many Imperial troops and Space marines. Kharn was pi**ed but didn't find out of Cypher double crossing him, it's a shame that no one will ever know what really happened apart from you and us. He had keep the incident isolated from the watchful eye of Inquisition as both the forces of Slaanesh and Khorne were driven back to the warp while keeping the population from being exterminated." Guilliman said.

"But why was Cypher branded as a butcher and traitor to the Imperium, shouldn't he be known as a hero of mankind?" Ranma asked.

"That would be our fault, because Cypher was seen to be associated with the Worldeaters legion, we kinda branded him as the principle key player in the war to bring more leads to the whereabouts to more of the fallen." Jonson answered his question.

"WHAT!" exclaimed Ranma, realising that Imperial forces had set his friend up.

"Ranma, nothing is as straight forward as it seems in the world we live in, sometimes sacrifices have to be made which made seemly morally wrong to you but to us, it's the survival of the fittest," Guilliman said. "In our case the stability of the Imperium and humanity."

Ranma hesitated before accepting that this was the way of life for the world that they live in. Ranma promised himself that the world that he currently in, wouldn't become a place as dark and harsh as that dimension. Although he did admit that he probably needing some help, not knowing that the Emperor had already sent him his royal heritage and aid.

"All that I am asked you is that you don't judge Cypher harshly although he had done things that be against your moral opinion, he had so far been honest . . . " Jonson thought for a moment. "Well as honest and loyal as he can be as he rarely trust anyone as much as he trust you. He had sworn total allegiance and loyalty towards you and only you."

"Remember Ranma, Cypher was the only one on the top of our list of guardians to protect you, although there had been many others, most of them are blind to see the truth about certain things especially the working of Chaos. They will blindly charge into the unknown without a second thought. Cypher had experience what it is like behind enemy lines and know how they think which will be a valuable thing to have later in the war." The Emperor advised.

"In the end the final decision is up to you on what to do with him when you see him again." Guilliman concluded the Emperor.

"I'll keep that in mind when I see him again." Ranma replied as he prepared to leap through the dimensional portal.

Serenity walked up to Ranma and kissed him on the cheek, "I wish you all the luck and please protect my daughter." She whispered, secretly placing a royal scroll in his robes without anyone noticing.

"One more thing, Ranma." The Emperor said.

"What is it now?" Ranma said as time was running out for his friends. The Emperor smiled and he walked towards him and leaned forward to whisper something in his ear.

Jonson, Guilliman and Serenity all saw Ranma expression turned from annoyance to complete shock and surprise.

"HE IS WHAT?" Ranma was all he said before the Emperor pushed him into the gateway.

Serenity giggled quietly but in proper and royal manner while Jonson and Guilliman wondered what the Emperor had said to him to get that sort of reaction from him.

***

Tenchi, Cypher and Katsuhito decided that the best plan of action is to take the offensive against the seemingly endless hordes of Khorne Berzerkers and Daemons from hell. Within seconds, seven of Khorne's elite Berzerkers lay dead at the feet while a couple of Daemons were banished from the material world. The narrow streets of Nerima reduced the confrontation to a savage clash of screeching Chainswords, roaring Poweraxes and the high-energy pitches of energy weapons. The Thousands Sons and Daemons of Khorne stood little chance against the righteous fury of Tenchi and Katsuhito, who had elevated his swordplay to an art form few could match. The Khorne Berzerkers did not care about their losses as they continued to press on their attack.

Tenchi wrenched his Tenchiken sword from the still twitching body of the Khorne Berzerker he run through moments before and turned to his left where Cypher was busy fending off two blood soaked Bloodletters, avoiding their glowing Hellblades at all cost. To his right Katsuhito was having similar difficulties but with three Khorne Berzerkers.

The traitors chaos space marines of Worldeaters legion fought with a frenzied desperation that belied the blank expressions on each face. Cypher cut them down in swathes, every lunge and ripostes a formalized expression of righteous yet controlled hatred with only one thought going through his mind…retribution. As more Khorne Berzerkers and Daemons filled the streets, Cypher came to the conclusion unless something special short of miracle happened soon. They would be facing a hopeless battle.

"Kill them!" Kharn the Betrayer bellowed, "Kill them all!"

Tenchi looked above him to see the slightly battered and damaged lunatic warrior standing on top of a commercial building watching with keen interest at the intense fight below. Tenchi noticed that Kharn was still licking his wounds that he received during his fight with Ranma.

"Don't make me come down there and show how it suppose to be done!" Kharn exclaimed using his vox casters in power armour to amplify his voice and the sight of him wielding his mighty Gorechild was good enough for the Worldeaters. The Khorne Berzerker renewed their attacks and continued to pile on the pressure, not because of Kharn leadership but in fear that if he joined, they probably be on the receiving end of his Gorechild as they were more of them.

Cypher still angry for failing to keep his oath with Primarch spotted something in the corner of his eye. Quickly turning his attention, Cypher could see the blue and yellow colored armour of the Thousands Sons slowly creeping around them using the rubble and burnt out building as cover. Cypher realized that they were trying to get behind them undetected in order to have them in a pincer movement which the narrow street was a idea situation for a text book strategic movement.

Acting quickly. Cypher pulled out his plasma rifle that Washu had generously modified in order to deliver a higher rate of fire and shot a potent plasma discharge as the red light on panel of his rifle switched to green. Within seconds a hail of white-hot plasma bolts were fired with pinpoint accuracy. Every one of his shots found its mark, the plasma fire melting the arcane armour of the Thousand Sons turning it into molten slag. The spirit of the Thousands Sons was finally released after thousands of incarceration.

Once the potential threat was dealt with, Cypher turned back his attention with the task on hand which has gotten worse as Tenchi, Ryoga, Ayeka and Katsuhito were finding it hard to find a foothold against the overwhelming hordes. Realizing they needed a breather, Cypher flicked on its secondary function on his plasma rifle as a small timer appeared.

"Everyone, pull back now!" Cypher ordered as he threw the plasma rifle into the middle of the horde of Daemons and Worldeaters.

Five seconds later a huge plasma explosion could be seen from the outskirts of Nerima.

***

Guilliman walked over to Jonson who was busy watching how Ranma had taken to their advice about Cypher.

"Brother, why are you so in favour of this particular person? Out of thousands of legendary commanders and heroes, you had to chose him, why?" Guilliman asked him, Jonson still his kept his attention on those two as he spoke.

"When Cypher was with me during the Great Crusade, he had served me with unflinching loyalty and the times he had saved me in some sticky situation. Cypher had never ever asked for anything in return for his bravery."

"So you took this as a chance to repay him for his loyalty and courage." Guilliman said.

"Exactly brother, although some of his motives are questionable, he is still the best person for the job." Jonson said as Guilliman nodded in acknowledgement.

"This will be interesting." Guilliman scratched his chin as he joined his Primarch brother in watching the action happened along with Rogal Dorn and Vulkan who are busy viewing with interest as they watched the battle royal happening in Nerima.

***

Location - Gates of Time

Setsuna Meiou watched the scene of Ranma seemly obliterated by the combined might of the Outer Senshi attacks again but was confused when three powerful creatures materialised from nowhere and launched a powerful attack which she felt rippled thought the magical stream.

But there was something bothering her in the back of her mind that was so . . . wrong with this situation but couldn't place a finger on it.

Thinking that the chances of a better future had suddenly increased as their Warmaster was now gone, she peered into the gate thinking that the future would go in her future, what she saw horrified her as the future looked a thousand times worse than before. She was so engrossed in watching the currently future timeline, trying to work out what went wrong that she failed to notice the presence of someone entering the massive chamber that housed the famous Gate of time.

This was mainly due to the stranger using his arcane psychic powers to hide his magical aura from the ten thousand year old Senshi of time. Looking across to see that she was so preoccupied with the real future, he decide to see how good this Sailor Pluto was before completing stage two of M'Kachan master plan. Approaching her, so that he was about a couple of feet away from her, his dropped his psychic shield that had been hiding him so far but not completely as he hid behind shadow using his other powers to hide him from the naked eye.

At that same moment, Sailor Pluto immediately sensed the intruder presences and turned around to see whom it was that dared to enter the chamber. Instinctually she immediately summoned her pen from subspace and raised it above her head.

Dropping his shield, Sailor Pluto immediately sensed his presence and quickly turned around to see who it was that dared enter her chamber. Sensing danger she immediately summoned her pen.

"PLUTO PLANET POWER, MAKE UP!" Setsuna cried out as her transformation began to take effect, which only took a couple of seconds as she turned from her normal outfit into her Senshi uniform.

"Show yourself now!" Pluto demanded as she gripped her time staff in offensive stance. "I know you're out there!"

She couldn't see him as the intruder was still using his psychic powers to hide him but sensed that he was nearby. She then heard the sounds of laughter echoing around which seems to be mocking her as she saw the intruder stepping out the shadows as his dropped his cloaking field.

"The wise and powerful Sailor Senshi of Pluto, I'm surprised you were so easy to manipulate with such basic magic."

The statement confused Pluto. Suddenly it dawned at her and immediately glanced at the Timegate for any signs for tampering.

She gasped at a section of the gate, which was replaced by a golden star with triangle arrows pointing in eight directions, the rune symbol of CHAOS!

'What have I done!"

In the right hand, she could see that he was carrying some sort of staff that was roughly the same length as her time key but was obliviously different in appearance as along the shaft of the staff was old arcane runes and symbol inscribed on its shaft. Also he was wearing some sort of armour that was very similar to those worn by the Khorne Berzerkers but different as it had the strangest runes and icons carved on the shoulder pads and breastplate. Covering most of the armour was a full-length white and dark blue toga, like garb along with various ornaments and artefacts either handing from his waist and robe. She couldn't see the face of the intruder as he wore a helmet with two huge horns sticking out.

"Who are you and what are you doing here?" demanded the Senshi of Time as she prepared to launch her deadly scream at him.

"Where are my manners? I thought that the great Sailor Pluto would be all seeing and knowing, I was greatly mistaken," He said in a sarcastic tone of voice, "Ahriman, Chief Librarian of the Thousand Sons," He introduce himself.

"What I want is your precious time gate, and I don't think you going to hand it to me willingly." The sorcerer replied which was devoid of all emotion as his helmet processed his voice so it came out in a technological monotone voice.

"Over my dead body!" screamed Pluto as she swung her time staff in wide arch at Ahriman.

"Well, if you insist!" Ahriman replied as he countered her attack by blocking her staff with his own. Ahriman expertly parried her blow as his thousands of years of experiences were paying off as he forced her back with his own attack as his black staff started to cackle with dark energy.

Not wanting to be outdone by the intruder, she immediately stepped back and swung his staff at a different angle towards his chest area. Ahriman took a few steps back, just inches where her time staff would've had slashed him in the chest.

"You've got to do better than that if you are going to beat me!" Ahriman taunted as he channelled an invisible force bolt towards the Sailor Pluto that had almost caught her off guard but forced her back enough leaving Ahriman some room to breath.

The two ten thousand year old opponents were locked in mortal combat as the sound of their staff clashing was making awful racket which was deafening as the noise was echoed around the massive chamber. Both combatants were skilled in both magic and combat, which was backed up by their experience.

"This is getting boring, we don't seem to be getting anywhere with this pointless fight. Let's see if you can cope with my magic!" Ahriman said. With one mighty effort, he pushed back Sailor Pluto with his staff with enough force that she almost lost her balance.

Ahriman raised his left hand and he outstretched his index and forefinger towards Sailor Pluto as he tapped into the warp summoning up his awesome psychic powers. Ahriman started to concentrate heavily as he was well aware of the perils of the warp but he knew what he was looking for as he mumbled something quietly. From the tip of his forefinger, a spark appeared as he discharge his psychic bolt towards her.

"BEAM OF SLANNESH!" shouted Ahriman as a multicoloured beam of light shot out from his hand. Pluto narrowly dodged the coloured beam as plowed into the marble floor leaving a narrow but deep straight gap across the chamber. Seeing the potent danger caused by just one of Ahriman many psychic attacks made her think twice before committing herself to decision on how to tackle this cunning and dangerous foe.

"DEAD SCREAM!" Sailor Pluto produced a massive sonic scream at him. Ahriman saw this coming and simply sidestepped her attack as the sonic attack crashed into the stone pillar and shattering into thousands of stone pieces.

"Quite a impressive attack you have there, Pluto. I shall enjoy picking up that particular power." Ahriman commented. He always had a particular interest in new magical attacks to add to his collection of his large repository of spells and psychic powers that he stolen from various sorcerers' opponents.

"Well, here another one…DEAD SCREAM!" Pluto screamed out as another sonic attack was launched.

Ahriman quickly counters her second attack with his own psychic attack.

"DOOMBOLT!" Ahriman said as black lightning shot out from his hand and collided with Pluto attack, neutralising both of their attacks. Not wanting her to recover Ahriman quickly pulled out his master crafted bolt pistol from his hoist and took careful aim as he fire a few rounds of his special ammunition.

Sailor Pluto had seen those types of weapons being used by Cypher as she expected the harmless bolt bullets to fired at her. The thing was that the ammunition used by Ahriman wasn't normal bullets. She notices the bullets were inscribed with arcane runes and were about to see the potential danger. So instead of seeing normal bolt bullets, what she saw were a couple of mini fireballs, as she had to duck and dodge each one as they exploded like Frag grenades.

Seeing her in vulnerable position, Ahriman decides to press on his attacks as he called up another of Tzeentch minor psychic powers.

"PINK FIRE OF TZEENTCH!"

Ahriman unleashed a torrent of warp fire upon Sailor Pluto as it engulfs the Senshi of time. She only had a split second to shield herself from the fire attack that Ahriman had cast. A few seconds later, the fire died down leaving a badly burnt Pluto which she would have been roasted alive if it wasn't for her Senshi powers that protected her.

"Had enough or do you still want to carry on?" mocked Ahriman.

"I shall never allow the gate to fall into your hands!" she shouted.

Ahriman sighed, 'She's a stubborn one,' he thought as he suddenly vanished and reappeared behind the Senshi, knocking her out cold with a swift and sharp blow to the head with his staff.

Ahriman looked down an unconscious Senshi of Time disappointed that she wasn't as tough as he had first thought. Raising his black staff high into the air, he was about to deliver a final blow until…

"Möko Takabisha Double!"

***

Onboard Ry-Ohki

Sasami, younger sister of Ayeka and Princess of Jurai watched the battle down below with a look of sadness and a heavy heart at the carnage. This had cost the life of a person that she had started to have strong feelings for him during the time that he stayed with them. Watching the replays of him seemingly obliterated by the three Daemon Princes broke her heart and cried, as she couldn't do anything to prevent it.

Washu was checking on her daughter vital stats and condition although she would live, she was still in a bad condition. Glancing over her shoulder, she saw Sasami watching the battle and sighed, "Poor Sasami, she shouldn't have to endure this of having someone close to her die. It will take some time for her to recover from this but I don't she will ever be the same." Washu turned her attention back to unconscious Ryoko.

A faint smile appeared on her face, "I don't know what I would done if Ayeka hadn't distracted M'Kachan enough and bought you here. Heh . . . you owe her one now," Washu whispered in her daughter ear.

Sasami suddenly received a telepathic message from Tsunami.

Sasami eyes widened in shock and surprise which was quickly replaced by bright smile as she received word that he was alive and gasped at the sudden revelation from him. She didn't want to get her hopes up just in case and waited for him to make appearance but one thing she was sure was that only one person had that particular chaotic aura.

'He is alive, I knew it!" She thought as single tear ran down her face.

***

Location: Gates of Time

Earlier ago . . .

Ranma had first expected him to reappear in the middle of the battlefield but instead he landed with a bump in a strange dark room. Rubbing his head, Ranma could sense two individual auras behind, turning around, he crept towards the nearest stone pillar and peered around to see a beautiful long green haired woman with a figure that would make Shampoo be green with envy. She was fighting a weird looking robed man quite similar to what Cypher wore but richly adorned with various icons and trinkets. Ranma decided to see how it would play out rather than charging in. Besides she would probably hit him or something for interfering, saying that they had it under control.

Ranma was quite impressed at how she was coping with the weird looking man; also he was wondering that it must be hot under that suit of armoured especially that oversized helm he wore. Ranma then saw the guy pull out a bolt pistol from beneath his robes that was quite similar to what Cypher used but in a different design. Ranma watched carefully how the sorcerer unleashing his psychic powers on the Senshi of Time until the point when she fell unconscious, deciding that he had seen enough Ranma carefully moved around so that he was behind him before concentrating on his inner energies before cupping his hands together.

"Möko Takabisha Double!" Ranma cried out as two basketball sized blue fireballs was fired from the palms of his hands towards him.

Ahriman was about to bring down his staff when suddenly he picked up a particular energy signature that he had never encountered before, it was on the borderline of psychic and mental energies and seems to be getting stronger. Realising that it would directed as some sort of attack, Ahriman spun around, barely electing a psychic force barrier to prevent him from flying across the room. As the blue fireballs slammed against Ahriman weak force shield, he hadn't expected a follow up as he saw Ranma running towards him and launching a flying toe kick, shattering the psychic shield and sending the sorcerer off a couple of feet. Getting up, Ranma rushed over to the still body of Sailor Pluto and checked her pulse to see if she was still alive.

Breathing a sigh of relief, Ranma quickly applied his chi healing powers before dealing with the Sorcerer while unhooking his cloak and wrapping it round Sailor Pluto to keep her warm. Another reason was that her current attire was a little too… revealing and could be a distraction when dealing with a dangerous opponent. Ahriman slowly got up from the floor, clutching his chest as the sheer force of the kick knocked the wind out of him.

"You're dead!" Ahriman pointed towards Ranma who was crouched over Sailor Pluto.

"It appears that the rumours are overly exaggerated . . . " Ranma answered sarcastically as crossing his arm waiting for him to make the next move.

"You are supposed to die at the hands of M'Kachan and N'Kari, how is this possible!" exclaimed Ahriman.

Ranma grinned as he decided to unsheathe his Nekoken sword as he had left the weapon on the battlefield; "Never mind I shall soon get rectified this problem!" Ahriman said as he gathered his energies for another attack but suddenly realised that his staff was missing.

"Looking for this?" Ranma pointed to his staff with his Nekoken sword. He realised that most of Ahriman powers were channelled through his staff and he didn't dare touch it as it was a powerful dark object so it he did the one thing available.

"NOOOOOO!" screamed Ahriman as he saw Ranma smashing his precious staff in half with the rune sword with a loud cracking sound as the energies stored in the staff was released.

"You will pay for this!" Ahriman cursed as he pulled out his bolt pistol and started to fire at the Primarch in rage.

Ranma laughed as his supernatural and martial arts abilities dodged the exploding shells in matrix like style making sure that he counted the bullets right before appearing in front him. Ahriman pressed his bolt pistol in Ranma chest as he pulled the trigger.

"I got you now!" Ahriman said in deadly tone.

Click! Click! Click!

Ahriman smirk was wiped off his face as he realised that his bolt weapon had just ran out of bullets and notice that Ranma was grinning evilly. "My turn now!" Ahriman paled as he realised that without his staff, he was in deep trouble, as he didn't have time to summon up his powers.

"Kachü Tenshin Amaguriken!" Ranma cried out as he practically beat the living hell out of the Thousand Sons sorcerer followed by a powerful uppercut sending Ahriman high into the air.

Seeing the sorcerer was coming down, Ranma notice the him holding glowing jagged knife in his right hand intending to slit his throat.

"Yakitori Gatame!" Ranma shouted as he did a one-arm handstand high kick that broke one Ahriman large horns on his helmet and was sent spawning across the chamber. Ranma got into a different offensive stance and he started to completely focus on his Ki energy, a large purple blade appeared in his hands.

Ahriman realising the danger he was in, quickly opened a portal and drove right in as the ancient saying goes, he who leans and run away, lives to learn another day.

Ranma smiled as he slowly made the purple blade disappeared, as he didn't really want to trash the place anymore than it should be. Hearing a moan behind him, he realised that Sailor Pluto was beginning to regain consciousness. He decided to be cautious as she had once tried to kill him.

Hopefully once he explained everything to her, there would be one more name off the long list that was trying to kill him.

TBC . . .

***

Author Note: Thanks to everyone, who helps with this and the previous chapter, I appreciate it a lot.

The Administration will accept all comments and constructive criticism.

The Inquisition will purge all flames with righteous fury.

Please transmit all encoded comments to: pnmonty@hotmail.com

Version 1.0 23/05/03

Version 2.0 17/12/03

Version 3.0 08/01/03