Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ The Forgotten Primarch of Chaos ❯ Brotherhood ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Ranma/Warhammer 40K/Sailor Moon/Tenchi Muyo Crossover Fanfiction

Disclaimer: I do not own Ranma 1/2, Warhammer 40K, Sailor Moon or Tenchi Muyo. Ranma 1/2 belongs to Lady Rumiko Takahashi. Warhammer 40K belong to Games Workshop. Sailor Moon belongs to Naoko Takeuchi. Tenchi Muyo belongs to Kajishima Masaki. This story is created solely for entertainment purposes and no profits are gained from this.

The Forgotten Primarch of Chaos

By Montymouse

' ' - Thoughts
" " - Speech
( ) - Action

Chapter Eighteen - Brotherhood

***

Every position must be held to the last man: there must be no retirement. With our backs to the wall, and believing in the justice of our cause, every one of us must fight to the end."
Quote Sanguinius

***

Location: Nerima

"It won't be long if we continue fighting like this," said a weary and battle worn robed figure. He looked out on the district horizon and roughly guessed that it would be dawn in a couple of hours. Glancing down at his bandage wrapped right hand, which he got from fending off a Bloodletter Daemon.

Normally his unique genetically enhanced body and tissue would have sealed the wound and simply be a small scratch in a matter of minutes. The body he now inhabited when he arrived in this world was the same body but there something a bit off buts couldn't figure out. He still possessed his formidable strength and most of his genetic enhancements and was sure that his mental state hadn't been tampered with. He also mentally reminded himself to visit the Blood Angels Apothecary or Priest to conduct a fully scan after this was over . . . if he survives that is.

As he stood silently watching the battle going on in the distance, a thought popped in and was regarding the actual height of himself and most importantly Ranma Saotome. Mainly because most of the Primarchs were giants amongst men as most of them were at least seven feet tall. Even with the unexpected arrival of Lord Sanguinius, and he was at least nine if you count his broad swan like wings. Thinking about the disappearance of his Primarch, who he refused to acknowledge as dead without seeing physical evidence, he was convinced that Ranma was different from the others and knew that somehow he would not have given up so easily and neither should him. He knew that Ranma easily made up for his height disadvantage by be extremely quick and his extraordinary ability to think on his feet was remarkable which made this up. He did wonder if accepting the Emperor's request as a Guardian was a wise decision as he had already failed. He shuddered slightly and shook his head when images of Ranma vanishing under a storm of magical fire from the three Daemon Princes assaulted his mind.

The arrival of the legendary Primarch of the Blood Angels and his Angels of Death had improved their odds of winning this battle but not for much. The Daemons seemed to increase their numbers by the hour and the constant reinforcement of traitorous Chaos Space Marines was increasing the pressure on them.

The robed figure surveyed the landscape, which once a quiet commercial and industrial area, now was transformed into a war torn battlefield. The beleaguered defenders had managed to halt the main Chaos advance into the urban part of Nerima but only just. The UN peacekeeping force had arrived to help Japan, which would only delay the Chaos advancing forces. As he looked out from his sheltered position, the very ground suddenly shook as a dull booming sound reverberated across Nerima.

"Those Blood Angels Logistics and Techmarines are bombing again." Cypher whispered when he saw a great trail of smoke appearing in the distance. He looked out and could make out the formation of Thunderhawk Gunships in the night sky with his enhanced sight as they began to pound key Daemon locations before heading back to higher orbit to refuel and rearm on Sanguinius Imperial cruiser. Muffled roars and screams carried across the war torn district and the sound of inhuman howls and cries, the closer the Daemons were a good indication of the enemy locations.

'They are only delaying what is inevitable, the Worldeaters and Thousands Sons are breaking though the weak points of our second line. They had already overrun our first line.' He thought as he stood motionlessly as another squadron of Thunderhawks flew over and began another bombing strafing run which he had lost count awhile ago.

'We are not going to lay down our arms and run for it, no, we're going to give them something to think about.' He watched as more smoke appeared in the distance. He then heard footsteps behind him and glanced over his shoulder to see an old man wearing shrine robes standing a few feet away from him.

"Cypher." He called out to him.

The robed hooded man turned around and pulled back his hood. "Katsuhito." He replied to the old priest, who had impressed him by his remarkable skill with the sword.

"Lord Sanguinius has called for a meeting to discuss what we are going to do about this battle. He asked us to attend the meeting as he feels that this concerns us all." Katsuhito said and sat down on a low wall. "He wants us to meet him with his Phoenix allies in a secure location."

"I know." Cypher replied. "This will end one way or the other, either we die here or die another day, we are all damned from the start. There is no point in avoiding what is inevitable."

Katsuhito nodded. "I can see you logic behind what you saying. Wouldn't it be easier to give and end the battle sooner?" He asked to see what would be his reaction. He then adjusted his glasses and waited silently for some sort of answer

A second or so passed between them as he thought about Katsuhito's suggestion.

"There is a time and a place for every one of us. Perhaps you think that to give up would mean that others would be spared." Cypher answered and looked down at Katsuhito. "Giving up is the worse possible decision to make, it just delays what is destined for them. Lord Ranma knew deep inside that to intervene would mean a price and he had paid for it with his life. Lord Sanguinius took the risk at Horus Heresy and he possessed the Gods gift of foresight but still he carried on."

"So what price do you fear . . . Death, Pain, Torture?" Katsuhito inquired.

" . . . "Cypher remained silent.

Katsuhito knew there was something about him that was a bit odd. From his experience as a legendary Juraian warrior, Cypher had seen too many battles like this, which was impossible due to his current appearance and age. Unless he had achieved some sort of immortality like he had with his Juraian Tree and by the way he held himself, there was a sense of wisdom in him that only a few people he knew had. His eyes told him the burden that he was carrying on his shoulders but decided not to inquire about it now.

"Damnation." Cypher simply said and with that he turned and walked off leaving Katsuhito by himself.

"Where are you going?" Katsuhito inquired as studied his movement.

Cypher paused in his walking, "Atonement." He quietly answered and continued to find somewhere quiet and secure amongst the ruins and rubble.

A moment later, Tenchi Masaki was in his Juraian battle uniform and currently on the look out for his grandfather. As he turned around the corner, he immediately spotted him sitting down and rushed over to him.

"Grandfather, have you seen Cypher? I've been looking for him everywhere." Tenchi asked. Katsuhito looked up at his grandson and thought about how he reminds him of how he looked like when he was at that age.

"Quiet, Tenchi," Katsuhito placed his finger against his mouth and silently pointed to the general direction of where he went.

"Cypher is down there and I advise that you be quiet and don't disturb him until he has finished," said Katsuhito as he took off his glasses and wiped them with small cloth.

Tenchi paused and looked to saw Cypher kneeled down in front of a wall. His head was bowed in prayer. His two pistols were draw and were placed neatly on either side of him. The broken sword of the Lion Sword were placed on top of a cloth and laid across him.

"What is he doing?" Tenchi whispered and was about to move towards him but was stopped by Katsuhito. Tenchi looked at his grandfather with a sense of puzzlement.

Katsuhito shook his head. "Leave him be, he will join you when he is ready."

"Erm . . . All right, tell him to find me as soon as possible, okay?" Tenchi said and turned around to find Ayeka to see if she was all right and if she was coping well.

"How is Ryoko?" Katsuhito asked. "Is she all right?"

"Washu, says she's all right . . . her regenerative abilities are slowly healing her and she will make a full recovery in week or so." Tenchi replied.

Katsuhito notice the hint of sadness in his grandson expression, "Tenchi . . . I know that she could have died but she didn't."

"I know but . . . it's so unfair! Why did he have to die?" Tenchi voiced his thoughts about the disappearance of Ranma during the early stages of the battle in Nerima.

"In war, nothing is ever fair, we either live or die, all that we can do is make that Ranma's sacrifice was not in vain and taking part in this war was the right thing to do," Katsuhito whispered in a gentle voice.

Tenchi thought about his grandfather's words for a moment and nodded before of continuing his search for Ayeka.

Katsuhito nodded and looked towards Cypher offering a silent pray that he would find inner peace and happiness.

Somewhere in Japan...

Ranma Saotome was racing across the countryside towards Nerima as fast as his feet could take him. He was confident that Sailor Moon and her Sailor Senshi were capable of deal with the remaining Chaos forces of Nurgle as they did handle monsters like them before. He thought that the clash with Foulspawn would not be the last and pushed the thought to the back of his mind, as he had to reach Nerima before it was too late. He had expected that the dimensional portal would appear like the last time and drop him off in Nerima.

Unfortunately there were no signs of the gateway and did not know how to summon the portal so he had to do it the hard way. At least it wasn't as bad when he had to swim across from China to Japan, now that was an endurance test. He still felt confident that he would get there but was unsure if he would make it in time as he saw the battle in Nerima taking a turn for the worse on the local TV. Checking that he had his sword with him, he was wondering where he left his robed cloak, as it was getting particularly cold.

Ranma need that there must be a quickest and alternative way of getting there and stopped to catch his breath. As he was regaining his breath back, he looked to his right and smiled to what he saw.

'Hmm . . . interesting,' Ranma thought when he spotted a high-powered motorcycle with a sidecar near a petrol station. He quietly got on the bike and found that he was in luck; the keys were still in the ignition. Normally he would not do this, as he preferred to make his own way by foot and wouldn't steal unlike Genma. (1) Time was against him and had no option but to take this. He just hoped that the owner of the bike had insurance.

Checking the amount of fuel he had, he reached for the ignition and started the cycle engine, Ranma immediately took off towards the general direction to Nerima. Looking over his shoulder, he could see the owner of the bike shouting at him and shaking his fist.

"SORRY ABOUT THIS! IT'S A MATTER OF LIFE AND DEATH!" Ranma shouted, before racing off down the road.

"HEY! COME BACK HERE!" the young owner of the bike, shouted before he had to stop and breathe in deeply.

"Is there something wrong, Keiichi," A beautiful brown hair girl with weird looking marks on her face, asked as she touched his shoulder and smiled gently.

Keiichi Morisato (3) turned around and sighed. "Someone dressed in black, took my bike and we don't have transport to use, Belldandy."

"I see," Belldandy thought about it for a moment, "Hmm . . . well, I think he needs the bike more than we do, maybe we can walk the rest of way there?" She suggested and offered her hand. There was something about that pigtailed rider that was odd and very familiar about him but she wasn't completely sure or why it bothered her. Perhaps she would know and made a mental note to check it in Yggdrasil later.

"Oh all right," Keiichi couldn't refuse her gentle request and took her hand in his.

***

Location: Nerima

The scenes of intense night-city fighting in Nerima were taking its toll on the district as smoke bellowing could be seen for miles. It would take a complete idiot not to notice the destruction and carnage, interesting enough the district was generally voted as one of the most interesting places to visit and the cheapest place to live in all of Japan. The reinforcement of fearless red armored Assault Space Marines descending from their Thunderhawk Gunships were raining down death on the Chaos forces. They tried to aid the beleaguered brothers on the ground and despite their losses still refused to give the Chaos force an inch of ground without them paying a heavy price.

Sanguinius was proving to everyone why he was called the Angel of Death as he slained literally hundreds of daemonic creatures of the warp and traitorous Chaos Space Marines alongside his allies, the Phoenix tribe. Combined with the help from members of the Juraian Royal Family, they had halted the chaos wave for now but knew that they would be back and this time they would not be so lucky. Most of the heavy fighting took place between the Blood Angels and the Worldeaters and daemon counterparts that were constantly reinforced from somewhere. Cypher, Tenchi, Ryoga and Katsuhito prevented the Thousands Sons Chaos Marines from entering the residential areas of Nerima where the ""livelihoods of the people that lived here for many years"".

It was almost dawn, and there was a large group of individuals standing in a defensive perimeter, heavily guarded by Blood Angels Devastator squads and Sanguinius' personal Honour Guard. A tall blonde haired man with large protruding swan like wings was watching the horizon and clasped his hands together as he stood quietly. He knew that the tides of chaos would soon be upon them. He also knew that the Daemons of Tzeentch and Khorne would not survive in this world for long as this universe had no direct connection with large pockets of warp energy unless they were being reinforced somewhere. Despite the Daemons possessing strange powers and numbers, they still retained a fatal weakness, their daemonic instability on the material realms,

"Has our scouts reported anything yet?" Sanguinius asked one of his commanding sergeants.

"No, Lord Sanguinius, they have been gone for hours and no word from them, should we be getting ready for the final assault?" One of them suggested.

Sanguinius shook his head, "We shall wait for another hour for them to return, after that, and you know what you must do."

"Yes, Lord Sanguinius, it shall be done." The Sergeants chorused at the same time.

Kiima and Saffron were resting and gathering their strength, as this was the first time that they had the chance to relax. For the past twelve hours, they had fought non-stop against these foul demons and the battle really exhausted their forces, even for someone like Saffron.

"What do you think?" Saffron asked Kiima.

"About what, Lord Saffron?" Kiima replied, checking her master crafted sword before sheathing it back around her waist.

"About him," Saffron pointed towards Sanguinius, "I never seen a person so dedicated to what he believes in. He has that air of nobility around him that cannot be faked, it rare for someone to have these qualities especially in this time of darkness. We must gain his favor before anyone else that could threaten us."

"But . . . Lord Saffron, he is not one of us or any from this world. He possesses powers that are more than yours, he could easily take over this world with his leadership and resources, but it is not in his nature to do so. The only way that we are going to ensure the survival of our fragile tribe in the coming generation, we must make sure that he is made a member. Something that has not been done for centuries, no outsider has ever deemed worthy of joining us until now." Kiima stated.

Saffron thought about and stared at Sanguinius and the Blood Angels around him for a moment before turning his attention back to Kiima.

"If that means the survival of future generations of our people, then yes, I would gladly accept Lord Sanguinius into our tribe and his kind." Saffron answered.

"If he is going to accept your proposal, it must be by his own free will," Kiima rephrased, "We are not the type that would trick people for their selfish needs or greed unlike our hatred enemies, the ignorant and fanatical Amazons or the overconfident and stubborn Musk,"

"Agreed," Saffron said and gently smiled at Kiima, "But I have a feeling that he might accept our proposal." Kiima nodded in approval.

Sitting in the opposite side of the two members of the Phoenix Tribe were Tenchi and Katsuhito who were being treated for their wounds by Sasami and Ayeka. Cypher was leaning against a building with his head slightly tilted to one side, deep in thought. He then noticed something tugging at his robe and looked down to see Ry-Ohki meowing at him.

"Sorry . . . I don't understand you like Ranma could." Cypher said. Ry - Ohki nodded like she could understand and hopped over to Sasami. "Cute but deadly." Cypher commented as he watched the furry creature leapt into Sasami's open arms. Tenchi smiled a little but there was something bothering him from what he could observe, at least he had Ayeka with him to comfort him.

Cypher slowly withdrew his plasma pistol and checked for any damage to the plasma chamber and the alignment of its sight. He then sighed when he saw that they were barely enough for two shots and that was if he was lucky. He then checked his two matching bolt-pistols and found that they were both empty and needed changing again. He was about to search for extra supplies when someone called out to him to catch his attention.

"Here, catch!" Cypher turned around and instinctually caught what seemed to be full clips of bolt shells and a plasma charge. After examining the items thrown to him, he looked up to see a towering Blood Angels Honour Guard Space Marine without his Jumppack and holding a bloodstained powersword.

"I think you need this more than me." The marine said as he bore down on Cypher

"Thanks," Cypher replied and quickly pocketed the clips, unafraid or nervous of the Space Marine.

The Space Marines of the Adeptus Astartes were well renowned for their fearsome appearance. The Blood Angels were two and a half meters tall colossus clad in armour thick as that of a Leman Russ battle tank, what dwarfed almost all the people in Nerima and would instill fear in the hearts of mortal men. Cypher wasn't one of them as he was once like them and besides he was fairly tall for a mortal. Cypher simply looked up at the Space Marine and nodded.

The Blood Angel stood a meter away from Cypher and proceeded to remove his golden colored helmet to reveal his tired and weary feature. His short cut dark hair has some white highlights to signify his growing age which was accompany with piercing eyes that held years of experience of fighting. A deep scar ran across his left cheek as he grinned slightly at the former Dark Angels Champion. The Space Marine held his helmet under his arm as he checked the status of his armour condition.

"Captain Garus, how is the fighting going for you?" Cypher inquired, taking note of the battle damage on his armour.

"Good, feels like the old times although I still wished that we had a Warlord Class Titan with us to blast them back to where they came from and before you say it, I'm not getting to old for this kind of fighting." Garus stated.

Cypher did not cower by the ceramite-armored giant's glare and simply smirked. "So what do you think our chances are in winning this battle?"

"I would rather die than allow the Chaos take over this world, for the Emperor and for our Primarch and . . ." Cypher raised his hand to interrupt him,

"I know, I was once like you remember that, complete dedications to the Emperor and that kind of stuff," Cypher said, "So what do you think?"

Normally Captain Garus would have beaten the living daylights out of the person if it were someone else apart from him. Sanguinius has confided in a private conversation that Cypher was on their side despite the Fallen Dark Angels champion having direct contact with Chaos in the past. Rumors were spreading throughout the company that the mysterious young man was Cypher and that he true allegiance wasn't towards the Dark Angels but of a entirely different legion which some say it was the infamous and cursed Legion of the Damned. For now, he allowed this to slide and simply glared at him for a second. Also Cypher was an expert gunfighter and could easily kill him with one of his pistols before he had the chance to react.

"With Emperor and Found Father on our side, I wager that we shall be victorious before the sun has set." Garus stated.

"Confident, aren't you." Cypher commented.

Garus smirked, "We are the Blood Angels!"

"Sounds good enough to me, good luck to you. I have to go now," Cypher said and walked away from him towards Tenchi, Ryoga, and Katsuhito.

Garus smiled and said, "We don't needed to have luck, we are the Adeptus Astartes, our pride and Honour will get us through this day............Wait!" Garus called out to him.

Cypher stopped but did not turn around, "What is it, Captain?"

"Is it true that you received the Emperor's forgiveness?" Garus inquired.

"How do you know about that?" Cypher asked.

"From Lord Sanguinius himself," Garus replied, "Only him and I know about this, so is this true that you received redemption from the Emperor?"

Cypher was silent for a few moments and walked off without saying a word.

"So it is true," Garus smirked before looking to his right to see the Blood Angels Scouts returning back from their mission and headed immediately towards Sanguinius. After a few moments of listening to their brief scouting report, the Blood Angels Primarch called all of his allies and commanding officers together.

"Back to business as usual," Garus picked up his helmet and powersword, and walked over to join the meeting.

A while later . . .

Katsuhito, Tenchi, Ayeka, Ryoga, Saffron, and Kiima all listened to every word that Lord Sanguinius was saying to them. Cypher, Garus and two other high ranking Sergeants took notes on the current situation and reports from the scouting unit that had managed to infiltrate enemy lines and bring back words on what the Chaos forces were doing in the northern part of Nerima.

The news from the scouting unit wasn't good.

The reports stated that the scouting unit had discovered the construction of a warp gate and was in the final stages of near completion in a large industrial area. The report confirmed Sanguinius' suspicions when they first flew into Nerima airspace. With a full functional Chaos Gate of that magnitude and size, it will provide a constant source of reinforcement of the Chaos troops and allow safe passage for the vast daemonic armies that reside in the Eye of Terror to enter into the mortal realm here on Earth. The current forces consisting of Khorne and Tzeentch forces only made an insignificant proportion of the entire armies that were waiting for the completion of the warp gate.

All would be lost unless they did something to prevent this from happening. Unfortunately due to the large daemonic activity in the area and the high levels of warp energy concentrating in that sector prevented from getting a positive reading from orbit. He couldn't order the use of orbital bombardment or Thunderhawk airstrike to take out the warp gate which meant that a ground force would have to take it out.

"You have got to be kidding!" Ryoga exclaimed as he stood up from where he was sitting after hearing Sanguinius' proposed battle plan. "I don't know about you or anyone else here but this is suicide! Even with the Blood Angels on our side, they still outnumber us by a factor of three."

"Lord Sanguinius, he had got a point, we are willing to risk our lives in repelling the forces of Chaos but only if we have a chance of winning this. Ranma Saotome died defending this world because we believed that he could. We need to be reassured that there is still hope." Katsuhito said and received nods of approval from Saffron and Ryoga.

"Lord Sanguinius, there must be another way that we can do this?" Ayeka said as the idea worried her, mainly because of Tenchi.

"Lord Ranma, knew the risks that he had to face and paid for it with his life, I for one will avenge his death and make those for taking his life paid dearly," Cypher said with a hint of bitterness.

Sanguinius listened and gestured to calm down, "You two are right, and I appreciate your commitment, Cypher. Lady Ayeka, the forces of Chaos has left me no option but this." He replied to those that questioned him, "I am not saying that you do not have courage or determination to fight but listen to me carefully before making your final decision."

Katsuhito, Ryoga, and Cypher nodded and quietly sat down. Saffron grinned, as he knew that Sanguinius would not choose this option if there were chance of winning the battle. Sanguinius stated that the key to winning this battle was to destroy the Chaos Gate before it was functional. The Chaos Space Marines of the Thousand Sons and the Worldeaters were limited in numbers, only making up only a small proportion of the total invading force. The disappearance of the Daemons presence would turn the tides of darkness into their favor but they had to act fast as time was against them. The Blood Angels Space Marines were slowly dwindling in number as the numbers game was beginning to play a crucial factor; quite simply the enemy had more.

Sanguinius produced a Hololithic cube and as soon as he activated the cube, a small three-dimensional map of Nerima.

"As I have suspected earlier," Sanguinius pointed to a large spot on the map that indicated a massive buildup of energy. "The Dark Gods are intending to build a dimensional gateway on this side of this universe to supply reinforcements in the form of Daemon hordes to aid the invasion force.

With Lord Saffron and Kiima with him, Sanguinius planned to launch an offensive move at the Chaos forces with all of his available resources in an all or nothing strategy. All the forces would be directed at destroying or closing the warp gate and stated that a orbital anti matter and titan warp missile strike would be his final option if thing didn't go to plan. Sanguinius said that the rest should defend what was left of Nerima with a small company of his best marines, forming the last line of defense before the whole district was overrun.

"By eliminating the warp gate, this will give us a reasonable chance of winning this battle, any question?" Sanguinius concluded his battle.

Katsuhito raised his hand, "I doubt that we can hold out for much longer if they do attack us. I seriously doubt that we can win if the plan fails . . . the odds are stacked against us, so what do you suggest we do, stand there and die like warriors?" Katsuhito said.

Sanguinius nodded as he had a point, "I would have said that to have faith in the Emperor, but you do not share the same faith as we do, so I ask you to put our faith in me. All that I ask is to buy us some time, the invasion force heavily relies on their daemon allies to fight this battle, once our objective is completed then you may find that the Daemons are literary disappearing into nothing. Without the warp to sustain their daemonic allies, the Chaos forces may find that their advantage has gone."

He easily heard the constant murmuring between them about his speech on the next course of action.

"Anyone that does do want to be part of this or think that this not their war, leave now." Sanguinius stated and slowly scanned every one of the faces in the group to see what they would decide on. He was half expecting Saffron and Kiima to be the first to leave, as this was a human affair.

"Sanguinius, we are with you no matter what you do, we have faith in you." Kiima stated. Saffron nodded in acknowledgement with her. The Blood Angels Primarch smiled slightly.

"Well, it would be wrong to leave something unfinished so I'm in," said Ryoga.

"Well at least it's a start," muttered Cypher. Ryoga glared at him and would have vaporized him instantly if he could.

"For the memory of Ranma, we will not tarnish his Honour by you to finishing this battle on your own," Katsuhito answered.

"Same here," Tenchi and Ayeka chorused together and immediately blushed slightly.

"Vengeance can be a powerful motivation factor to continue with this battle." Cypher said.

Sanguinius nodded, slightly relieved that no one has left, as they needed everyone to win this battle. "Then it is decided, at the dawn we attack!"

***

NERIMA - 10 MILES

"Oh man!" Ranma cursed as the bike had just ran out of fuel, "I knew that it was too good to be true!"

Ranma slowly got off the bike that he 'borrowed' and picked up his stuff from the side pod and started walking towards the general direction.

"Seems that I have to make the rest of journey there by foot." Ranma sighed and looked up to see a thin trail of smoke appearing in the distance.

His concern could be easily seen on his face, "I just hope that I'm not too late."

***

Location: Battlefield Nerima

The Daemon forces of Khorne and Tzeentch began his march as the first lights of the dawn illuminated the horizon. Bellowing fearsome cries and screeches, the hordes of Bloodletters and Horrors surged forward as one, supported on their left by Khorne Berzerkers and Thousand Sons Space Marines. Further to the right of the main force, was the daemonic like cavalry consisting of Daemonettes mounted on their Daemon steeds in orderly formation. The bickering and screeching group stood eager to charge the last remnants that stood to resist them. Standing at the head of the Worldeaters forces was the freshly patched up Kharn the Betrayer, ready to spill blood for his Dark God but with a difference. He was mounted on a fearsome Juggernaut of Khorne; a gift bestowed onto him by the Chaos God himself. The creature was of living metal whose flesh is brass and whose blood is pure fire and was stamping its brass hoofs in anticipation of the upcoming battle.

With a loud and fearsome warcry, Kharn led his fellow Berzerkers towards the centre of Nerima, which caused the rest of the forces to follow suit. The Daemon Princes, M'Kachan and Angron were well used to Kharn's antics, watching the Betrayer head off with not a little relief. Angron laughed while M'Kachan sighed, well at least he wouldn't get lost with the crowd. M'Kachan's attention was turned towards the further down the battlefield as a hail of fire erupted from the Blood Angels devastator positions and tactical squads hidden in various buildings.

As Kharn led the charge towards the Blood Angel's final positions, M'Kachan was slightly surprised when Frag missiles, Plasma and Lascannons fire tore into the Daemon hordes and the advancing Khorne Berzerkers and Thousand Sons, killing several of them. Kharn refused to hide or take cover like some of them did and the Betrayer quickly executed those that did. The sentence for their lapse in their duty was death.

These opening shots were quickly answered by the Chaos Obliterators who were recruited into the war by Angron as he reckoned that he would need some heavier firepower to deal with the Blood Angels problem. They were waiting in support and were cleverly screened by the Thousand Sons until it was too late for the Blood Angels to spot them in the advancing group. Autocannon shells, stubber fire and the flickering light of the Lascannons beams thudded into the Blood Angels positions.

Angron laughed evilly as he watched the Blood Angels taking a pounding and as soon as their hordes of Chaos reached their positions, this battle would be theirs. The constant reinforcements via the Chaos Gate from the Eye of Terror to the material world were the vital key to the triumph of the invasion. Although there had been setbacks due to the arrival of the Blood Angels and their Primarch, Sanguinius, he was sure that the battle would be over in a few short hours.

"M'Kachan . . . this battle is ours!" Angron said as he watched the Blood Angels clashing with the Daemonettes on steeds in hand to hand combat. The Blood Angels were hard pressed in this bloody melee but they were holding the line for now.

M'Kachan remained quiet and even thought everything was going to plan, the Daemon Prince had nagging doubts. The Blood Angels Devastators and Space Marines only made up a third of the Blood Angels expedition force according to his scout reports. M'Kachan knew that Sanguinius was a brilliant and inspirational commander and wouldn't let his men die without reason. Perhaps Sanguinius had decided to cut his losses and allow Chaos to overrun the district they had tried so hard to save. M'Kachan shook his head. No, it wasn't in his nature to do such thing; he was up to something but what?

Angron stopped in his maniac laughter as he saw the serious glint in M'Kachan slatted eyes indicating that something wasn't right. Turning to face the Tzeentch Daemon Prince, Angron lifted his Battleaxe of Khorne and pointed at him.

"Oh right, M'Kachan, what's wrong now!" Angron growled.

"Have you notice that only a third of their Blood Angels forces are in plain sight," M'Kachan whispered.

"Bah! They probably had turn tail like the cowards they are and . . . "Angron was cut off as a great thunderous cry went up to the far right of the battlefield.

"WHAT IN KHORNE'S NAME!" Angron exclaimed as he thought that area was deemed clear of enemy forces.

"You were saying?" M'Kachan said and pointed to the source of the warcry.

Sanguinius dropped the advance-cloaking shield that was keeping the rest of his forces down. Hidden by the cloaking shield were the rest of Sanguinius forces consisting of a few Dreadnoughts, Terminators Assault Squads and Predator Baal Tanks as they unleashed a torrent of fire into the flanks of the advancing Chaos forces. Coming out from the cloudy skies, were at least a hundred units of Blood Angels Assault Marines coming down on the horde like Angels of Death, supported by dozens of Thunderhawk Gunships. Out of nowhere, the last remnants of the Japanese Army opened fire from their concealed positions to the right of the battlefield, killing a few Daemonettes but this victory was short as they were quickly destroyed and routed by them only to be led into a crossfire kill zone.

'N'Kari will be pissed for losing his best units in that way.' M'Kachan thought as Cypher, Katsuhito and Garus were utilising the terrain and the buildings to their advantage in a term known as city fighting. The Devastators unleashed another volley of missiles into the Daemon hordes. A plasma missile exploded and with an incandescent light vaporised a horde of Bloodletters. A second homed in on the Khorne Berzerkers blossoming into a ball of fire where they stood. A few managed to stagger out of the fire but were quickly put to death by the Assault squads as they smashed into the Daemon forces.

"Oh, will you shut up!" Angron growled, "M'Kachan, protect the Chaos Gate at all cost! I will deal with them personally!"

M'Kachan sighed as he watched the Daemon Primarch leapt into the air and flew toward the centre of the battlefield where he could command the confused Daemon forces.

"Idiot, you should be the one guarding the Chaos Gate not there fighting them, if the gate is destroyed, so will this invasion." M'Kachan whispered. He turned and teleported towards the Chaos Gate.

Meanwhile at the forefront of the battle with the Daemons and Chaos Space Marines forces . . .

The small band of allies along with the Blood Angels prepared themselves for their assault. An almighty clash could be heard for miles between the two forces as the Daemons tried to overwhelm the defenders. A weary Cypher looked over the hastily constructed front line, to see something move quite suspiciously behind the daemon ranks as the Blood Angel clashed with the Daemons of Khorne and Tzeentch. Deciding that it needed his attention, he quickly got to higher ground and with his new vantage point could see six robotic yellow and blue armored marines making their way forward and were bringing up with them some sort of arcane living device.

"Hmm . . . M'Kachan, what are you up to?" Cypher thought, watching the movement of the group before of deciding his next course of action.

He wasn't sure of what it is that M'Kachan was planning for them, he decided to seek Sanguinius to see if he knew what it was that was heading towards the front line. As he was getting down, he looked up to see the old priest engaged in battle with a group of Khorne's Bloodletters.

Katsuhito was having difficulties in evading the Bloodletters that had suddenly materialized ten feet away from him. The minions of Khorne had decided to concentrate their efforts against him for killing many of their kind and recognized the danger he possessed with his Juraian swordplay. The Bloodletters were concentrating their efforts, raining down blows with their unholy green blades against him and was having difficulties in fending off their attacks.

Mindful of the looming Tzeentch device, Cypher decided that the threat could wait a bit and charged forward. With lightning reflexes, he withdrew his two bolt pistols and aimed his weapons with pinpoint accuracy at the two most threatening Bloodletters nearest to Katsuhito. The heads of both exploded in blood and gore as the bolt shells pierced their skulls. As soon as he depleted one of his pistols, he quickly holstered his weapon, activated his energy sword in one smooth move, and leapt into action.

Fortunately Cypher quick initiative and courage enabled him and Katsuhito to dispatch the remaining Bloodletters quickly enough before they had the chance to use their numbers against them. Tenchi and Ryoga appeared to help them in their struggle and banished all the Bloodletters back to where they came from.

As the last Bloodletter was sent back, Katsuhito walked up to Cypher, clasped his forearm and forced a grim smile despite the wounds he got from that sudden attack.

"Thank you," Katsuhito said gratefully to Cypher, "without your help, things might have gone differently."

Cypher looked up to Katsuhito and nodded, "I just did what I could, and there is nothing to thank me about."

Katsuhito grinned, "Ah, a modest warrior . . . I see that your pride does not dominant your actions, it is hard to find these qualities in a warrior but still, accept my thanks."

"As you wish . . . but we should . . . curses, I forgot about that!" Cypher realized but was too late.

As beyond the constructed front line, the six Thousands Sons Marines that were carrying the device on their shoulders plunged their Tzeentch device into the blood soaked earth, where it started to emit a low hum . . . a hum which soon builds up into a deafening earthquake!

Ryoga, Tenchi, Katsuhito and even Cypher held their hands over the ears as the high pitched sound started to tear up the ground beneath their feet, the surrounding building fall apart, and bricks start to fall from nearby house.

"Dammit, what is that thing?" Ryoga shouted as the sound was almost deafening.

"I don't know, but whatever it is, we better destroy it quickly, otherwise the whole place could be shaken apart and everything we have done will be for nothing." Tenchi shouted, his concentration severely disrupted as he tried to focus on the Daemons around them.

"He's right, it's up to us to sort this out, Sanguinius and his group are too busy to deal with this threat right now," Katsuhito added and used his mental disciplines to keep his concentration.

"I handle this," Cypher rose up to his feet and turned towards the device that was surrounded by the still motionless Thousands Sons Marines. Taking careful aim despite the disrupted sounds that was coming from the device; he leveled his plasma pistol and pulled the firing trigger. He allowed himself to smirk as three glowing plasma orbs headed towards the Tzeentch device.

"Curses!" Cypher's expression showed to the others that he was pissed off, "there is some kind of protective force field that is covering that damn device, we have to do this the hard way!" Cypher shouted angrily when he saw the orbs slammed into a faint yellow shielding just inches from the device.

"Well, what are we waiting for, let's go!" Ryoga shouted as his battle aura burst into life and leapt into action, closely followed by Tenchi and Katsuhito.

"Hmm . . . there something about him that just doesn't make any sense, better keep an eye on him to find out," Cypher thought that he kinda resembles someone from centuries ago but shook it off as the person in question was lost. But still the aura he was producing now was orange rather than his normal greenish color version.

A few moments later, just as things are starting to look bad for Ryoga, hordes of Daemons and Chaos Space Marines alike suddenly surrounded him. Luckily for him, Tenchi, Katsuhito, and Cypher were coming to his aid just in time. The four of them combined, hacked, slashed, blasted and vaporized all the Flamers and Bloodletters what stood in their way, making a bloody path through the Daemon ranks towards the device.

That was the easy part for them as the Daemons were no match for the overall skill of the group. The hardest was about to come when they got there as they were soon greeted by a heavily looking armored figure, his spiked armour was decorated heavily in ornaments and icons bearing the symbol of Chaos and Tzeentch. That was not the biggest problem that was facing the group as a feathery bird-like towering Daemon was standing next to the Chaos Marine.

"Just great, of all the things that they could have used, they have to use the enemies I dislike the most, a Chaos Sorcerer and a Lord of Change Daemon." Cypher said and unleashed a salvo of bolt and plasma fire before the Chaos Marine had the chance to throw a psychic spell. The Chaos Sorcerer of Tzeentch calmly waved his hand and the incoming barrage was harmlessly deflected by the swirling energy around him.

"Ryoga and I will take care of the Earthquake device before the whole place is flattened." Cypher ordered and checked for anything that could be of use for them that could dislodge or destroy it.

"What should we do?" Katsuhito asked.

"You take care of the others long enough for us to take the device out, think you can handle that?" Cypher replied.

"Of course," Katsuhito said and called over his grandson. Cypher and Ryoga nodded and rushed over towards the humming beacon, evading and dodging the incoming fire from the robotic Thousand Sons Space Marines.

"What is it, Grandfather?" Tenchi asked, rubbing his right shoulder.

"The Sorcerer could be a danger to us, I'm going to take care of him before has time to launch more of his psychic attacks." Katsuhito said and turned around and rushed forwards towards the Sorcerer.

"What am I suppose to do?" Tenchi shouted.

"Look behind you! Remember your training and trust your instincts," Katsuhito shouted back and unsheathed his sword.

Tenchi was slightly confused and suddenly it dawned on him on what he meant. He could feel the evil aura directly behind him and coupled with the fact that he could hear the snarling and growls. Tenchi closed his eyes, took out the pommel of his Tenchiken, and activated it as a thin blue blade materialized and assumed a crouching defensive stance.

He silently counting to three, Tenchi immediately spun around and double slashed a Bloodletter in the chest and ducked under his glowing Hellblade.

"For Ranma," Tenchi whispered and continued to evade and attack the Daemons as they came.

Meanwhile, Cypher tried practically everything in his arsenal to dislodge or damage the earth shaker device as possible but was having no such luck with the Tzeentch weapon. He could only watch helplessly at the nearby houses and heavily damaged buildings starting to fall, shaken apart by the vibrations from the device. Around them were empty armors of yellow and blue armored Space Marines that were either scorched or pierced by Ryoga's breaking point technique.

"What is it made of?" Ryoga asked curiously.

"It's crafted from solid rock," Cypher answered, "Why?"

Ryoga cracked his knuckles and grinned confidently, "I'll take care of this, and stand well back, this it's going to be messy."

"Ryoga, there something you must know, there is a . . . " Cypher warned but was too late.

"Bakusai Tenketsu!" Ryoga cried out and extended his finger toward the ancient device. Instead of shattering the stone device completely, there was a brilliant flash in the moment when Ryoga touched the device.

" . . . Never mind," Cypher muttered when he watched Ryoga fly over his head and crash to the ground, face first next to him. Cypher sighed and looking down at Ryoga, "I was about to say that there is a powerful psychic shielding spell that prevents all Ki and Chi attacks along with the projectile shield."

"Oh, will you shut up!" Ryoga glared at Cypher as he got to his feet, his shirt sported a huge smoking hole but was relatively unharmed apart from a seriously looking purple bruise on his left shoulder due to his natural toughness than would make the Plague Marines look like matchwood.

"You know, you could have warned me before I made a complete fool of myself!" Ryoga said and dusted himself off.

Cypher shrugged, "I did."

Ryoga simply growled at Cypher, who was taking absolutely no notice of him.

"So, if you think you are so clever and wise, what are we going to do?" Ryoga inquired as they stood in front of the arcane earthquake device.

"What did you say?" Cypher shouted as he drew both pistols from his waist and individually fired each one at two separate targets; both daemonic creatures that had tried to charge them, what reeled back with smoking holes in their heads.

"What are we going to do?" Ryoga repeated his question and sent three Flamers back to where they came from with his heavy umbrella in a baseball bat fashion.

"Nothing for now," Cypher answered and immediately took out two more with searing bolts of incandescent light.

The Lord of Change who was standing motionlessly from a distance was watching the four mortals closely. Unlike the Daemons of Khorne, the Tzeentch Daemons prefer to strike only when necessary, and of preference when their enemies were at their weakest moment rather than go all out. To his left, the Lord of Change saw the lone young Juraian warrior chopping up and blasting the warp entities known as Blue Horrors. The Greater Daemon grinned evilly when the Blue Horrors that were slained suddenly split into two smaller Pink Horrors.

The Greater Daemon could see to his right, near the earthquake device was a yellow and black spotted Bandanna martial artist who had just sent three Thousands Sons Chaos Space Marines everywhere with his breaking point technique. Apart from possessing enormous strength and toughness, what he found most interesting was that the Lord of Change's daemonic senses detected huge reserves of untapped raw psychic energy that flowed through him like a fast moving river. His grin suddenly change when he recognized the robed pistol wielding man as someone that was supposed to be dead or should be dead, the leader of the Fallen Angels, Cypher. His master, Tzeentch would reward him richly for bring in Cypher's head and immortal soul. He was about to take care of it of Cypher when he saw the old priest approach to him, after dispatching two Bloodletters who had appeared from the ruins.

"It's that Lord of Change that is preventing us from destroying the device!" Katsuhito shouted a warning. He tried to get closer towards the Chaos Sorcerer. He was having no such luck as the sorcerer was cunningly using his psychic powers to gain the upper hand over him, firing black lightning bolts constantly while teleporting out of his attack range.

"Tenchi, where are you?" Katsuhito shouted when two Bloodletters leapt out from nowhere and were combining their efforts against him.

"Hang in there," Tenchi shouted as he was caught up with the annoying Horrors of Tzeentch.

Screeching out loud, the Lord of Change twirled his twisted daemonic bone staff at Katsuhito. A crackling ball of vivid multicolor energy shot out from the tip of his staff at supersonic speed. Katsuhito who was fighting off a Bloodletter while parrying another, spotted the danger in the corner of his eye, immediately hit the ground just seconds as the energy ball vaporized the two Bloodletters completely. Looking up from where he was, he could see the Lord of Change shrieking loudly in frustration, as the creature was sure that no one could have evade such a swift attack.

Tenchi was standing next to his grandfather in an instant and helped him to his feet after witness the events happening.

"Grandfather, are you all right?" Tenchi asked with concern, which he had to raise his voice because of almost intolerable humming coming from the machine.

"Yes, Tenchi, it's going to take more than a cheap shot from that creature to take me out." Katsuhito glared hard at the Lord of Change. "Come, Tenchi, we better take care of this annoying thing before it does any permanent damage, stay close to me and remember your training, you will need it if we are going to overcome this," Katsuhito said and with that he rushed forward. Tenchi sighed and activated his Tenchiken before following closely behind Katsuhito.

As the two Juraian warriors charged towards the Greater Daemon of Tzeentch, the Greater Daemon rose to his full height and extended his wings out in an impressive display of power and the anticipation of battle but not before letting loose a dozen crackling orbs at them.

In another part of Nerima, leading the counterattack in flank of their enemies . . .

Sanguinius and his Blood Angels Honour Guard smashed their way through the Daemon lines like a unstoppable wave as they rained down death from above before moving in for the kill. Sanguinius hacked, slashed, and crushed those that got in the way, time was against them and had to move fast to reach the Chaos Gate before the reinforcement of Daemons and Chaos Spaces Marines from the Eye of Terror came. The Blood Angels Primarch was utterly determined to get to the Chaos Gate as soon as possible and his courageous and bold example showed how things should be down to his Blood Angels.

"For the glory of the chapter, death to those that serve Chaos!" A loud warcry from Sanguinius was heard.

The Thousand Sons looked up and blinked as they saw a brilliant blur of white heading towards them and tried to train their weapons on the blur but they were too slow. Hundreds of Daemons were banished back to where there came from and Honour was restored to their Chapter as the Blood Angels took as many of the traitorous chaos space marines down. The eager and well disciplined Assault Squads assaulted the flanks of the Chaos forces in a well timed pincer movement while pushing others in deadly crossfire zones where the Devastator teams where ready to deal out death. The result of such as well-planned and timed attack on the masses of Chaos forces was devastating and despite their small victories, they still had a duty to do. Confusion instantly spread throughout the Daemon forces and made the commanding the hordes extremely difficult. The Blood Angels Assault and Tactical units did what they were trained to do and for centuries, refined and revised their skills in close combat and their choice of weapons to almost a fine art, near perfection.

Closely following Sanguinius charge through the Daemon ranks were Captain Garus, Saffron and Kiima. Saffron's Ki and Chi powers were more devastating than conventional weapons as his Phoenix powers rendered their daemonic auras utterly useless. Captain Garus and some of the wiser Honour guard members were quite impressed with Kiima's swordplay. The Blood Angels were amongst the longest lived of all the Space Marines Chapters. One of the peculiarities of their geneseeds is that it had vastly increased their lifespan to those who possess it, so it was not uncommon for the Blood Angels to reach a grand ago of a thousand years, only if they survived that long.

Sanguinius gene seed was the purest of all the Primarchs and is rumoured to have a lifespan of near immortality, which is imprinted onto the entire original Blood Angels Legion. Unlike those of the current Blood Angels in their home universe, these marines possess the power to control and keep in check the red thirst. The Blood Angels that came with Sanguinius has vastly extended their lifespan to allow them to perfect their deadly technique to a art from as well as on war. They had centuries in which to perfect their discipline and training, and are considered the best amongst their chapters in close combat and assault.

Sanguinius was on the warpath as he sought out the leader of the Chaos forces, the notorious and infamous Daemon Primarch of Khorne and traitorous brother, Angron. He was informed by Cypher and Katsuhito that he was here on this world as the representative of Khorne. The Blood Angels Primarch had a score to settle with the former Primarch of the Worldeaters for turning his back not just against the Emperor and his loyal brothers but against humanity.

"Damn insects!" Sanguinius cursed and crushed the head of a Bloodletter with such ease in his hand, "They getting in my way, just cannon fodder!" The Primarch knew that engaging these Daemons and troops were tiresome and costly and needed to find a second gear in their attack and needed it fast.

"I don't have time for this," Sanguinius exclaimed, snapping the spinal column of a Worldeaters Space Marine with his bare hands before throwing the broken corpse at the Daemons horde. He then turned slightly to his right and sent flaming death over repulsive creatures with his twin linked inferno pistol, and continued to do so until he ran out of fuel.

Sanguinius then quickly assumed a neutral stance and calmly unsheathed his sword that was hanging around his waist. His Elite bodyguards knew what he was about to do and without hesitation, leapt forward and prevented the Daemons from getting through to their Primarch with fierce determination and Honour. Sanguinius entered into a semi trance for a second, locating a source of warp energy known as Ether or as the Empyrean which every universe possessed in varied amounts. Whispering a few words and tapping into his subconscious, Sanguinius successfully began to draw necessary energy from the Ether and focusing it directly into his modified force weapon. The sword suddenly ignited and burst into a red flaming glow, a slight red hue surround Sanguinius creating a terrifying image of an Angel of Death.

"Be gone from my sight!" Sanguinius exclaimed and charged forward with his flaming weapon.

Sanguinius swept his master crafted force sword in deadly hundred and eighty-degree arc, killing every single creature instantly and sending the rest flying back. The resulting sudden strike created a powerful gale wind, which forced the Chaos forces to stop in their attack to take a few steps back. Seeing that the Chaos forces were struggling to advance forward, the Blood Angels saw the moment they were looking for and launched a fierce counterattack as they took the advantage of the situation and rushed forward, gathering momentum in their charge.

"For Sanguinius and for the Chapter!" exclaimed confidently by the Captain of the Honour Guard, Brother Garus as he encouraged his fellow brothers to exceed what is expected from them. They were under the watchful eyes of their Primarch and failure was not an option. Garus ignited his jump pack, hand weapons loaded and grenades on hand; he leapt into the air and crossed the distance between them and their hated foes. The rest of the Blood Angels Assault teams inspired by Captain Garus example did so without hesitation while the rest of them charge forward, Bolters firing continuously and flamers pouring white hot death.

There was a mighty sound of clashing Chainswords and Poweraxes as the two forces met. The Blood Angels slammed into the Chaos forces, their weapons meeting daemon flesh and armour as they fought to repel the Daemons back. Less than a dozen Blood Angels that took part fell which was a mere fraction when compared to the losses that the Chaos forces had suffered. The Daemons that bored the brunt of the Blood Angels renewed assault couldn't retreat as they were constantly being pushed by other Daemons eager for combat and somewhere crushed by larger Daemons in attempts to crush all that resistance. The Worldeaters Chaos Space Marines attempted to prevent the Blood Angels from over running their position but with Sanguinius leading the charge, it was soon pointless as the legendary Angel crushed all those stood in his way.

As the fighting carried on, Sanguinius became aware that during the bloody confusion of battle, he had progressed so far that his Blood Angels were unable to follow. Glancing over his shoulder to see where they were, he could that his zealous Blood Angels including his Honour Guard were tied up in fighting the frenzied Khorne Berzerkers and robotic Thousand Sons who had finally turned up. Sanguinius cursed himself for his slight lapse in concentration and should have been more aware of his environment. Daemons of Khorne quickly surrounded the isolated Primarch. All of them were snarling and growling at him as they all charged him.

A crackling ball of psychic energy appeared in the palm of his hand and immediately threw the ball at their feet rather at them while his slashed with his sword. A tremendous explosion created a huge crater, sending the Daemons flying back to where they came from. Sanguinius evade their attacks and retaliated with his own as he tried to fight his way out. Suddenly the bright flash which caused Sanguinius to shield his eyes for a moment with his hand as he parried their attacks. The Daemons of Khorne started to chant something in their own tongue which began to worry him as they suddenly stopped in their attacks, Sanguinius immediately was on his guard and scanned for any surprises. Without warning the Daemons resumed their attacks on him as he parried and counter with his force weapon. Suddenly a huge muscular Bloodthirster of Khorne leapt from behind who had secretly managed to circle around him and landed with a tremendous force that shook the very ground they were standing upon.

Sanguinius turned around in time and was about parry the powerful Axe of Khorne but was unable to keep equal footing on the ground and was sent tumbling back on the ground, his sword flying out of his grasp. The Bloodthirster of Khorne glared at the Primarch with pure hatred and menace. Sanguinius looked to right and saw his sword within arms reach. As he tried to reach for his sword when suddenly a agonising pain that shot up through his right arm as the Greater Daemon of Khorne stamped his huge hoof on it.

Caught by the Bloodthirster, Sanguinius could only watch as the Greater Daemon pulled back his battleaxe for the killing. Rather than panic at the thought of being chopped in half, he smiled when he saw something approaching them at great speed in the corner of his eye.

Unaware of what Sanguinius spotted, the Bloodthirster bought his huge weapon down when . . .

A high pitched sound rang in the Bloodthirster ears and turned around to see what it was and could only cursed loudly in daemonic tongue to what he saw.

There was a brilliant flash of vivid white and blue energy and . . .

The mighty Bloodthirster of Khorne was sent tumbling back when two powerful Ki projectiles impacted in the beast's muscular chest. The winged Phoenix then grabbed the Greater Daemon by his arm and spun the creature around before slamming it into the concrete ground. The Bloodthirster rose to his feet battered and bruised like hell but he wasn't out for the count yet and leapt out to meet the Phoenix leader in mid-air combat.

"So predictable, so easy." Saffron commented and prepared to evade and counter the Daemon's attack, remembering the painful experience when he fought Sanguinius and made sure not to underestimate his opponent this time.

Meanwhile Kiima helped Sanguinius to his feet. It was then that they realised that they were surrounded again but that is until Captain Garus and his Honour Guard managed to break through the Daemon lines to reach them and were currently pushing back the Daemons back.

"Lord Sanguinius, you are far too out, you must wait for us and . . ." Kiima said and gasped when she notice that Sanguinius was clutching his arm, she was instantly concerned about his injury. Sanguinius saw the look in her eyes and raised his hand up in friendly gesture.

"Don't worry, I'm fine." Sanguinius said in soft tone.

"But we must get you back to safety . . . someone must look that," Kiima replied and was interrupted by Garus who rushed over to him.

"My Lord, are you hurt, should I call the Apothecary?" Garus inquired, turning slightly to his right and blasted back a Daemon with his plasma pistol.

Sanguinius shook his head, "That won't be necessary, I had worse than this minor scratch. How are we doing, Captain?"

"We're holding for now, casualties are high but despite this, morale and spirits have not wavered, your men are willing to march into the jaws of hell if necessary."

"I do not doubt that," Sanguinius stated and took a moment to take in his surrounding before deciding what to do next. Garus and the Honour Guard took a defensive circle around their Primarch and the female Phoenix warrior. Also with them were his Blood Angels Space Marines, victorious after routing and destroying completely three squads of Worldeaters and Thousand Sons for one of them.

"Kiima, do you know where Saffron is, I have seemed to lost sight of him?" Sanguinius inquired, "Never mind." He said as he spotted Saffron unleashing some sort of Ki blade technique what sliced the Bloodthirster in half.

Saffron grinned at his defeated foe but making his way towards Sanguinius and Kiima, he landed next to the Blood Angel Primarch and smiled.

"I thoroughly enjoyed that fight with that creature," Saffron said and let loose another Ki blast at a couple of Bloodletters lurking around the corner, "I think I deserve another rematch with you for saving you."

Sanguinius smiled, "All right, Saffron. I will give you a rematch after this battle is over and . . ." He stopped abruptly when he suddenly felt a powerful aura presence and it was fairly close by.

'That aura . . . I have felt it before but where?' thought Sanguinius, he knew that the aura wasn't evil or daemonic like the enemies they were fighting but something completely different.

"What's wrong?" Kiima asked.

Sanguinius looked around and using his highly developed senses in order to pinpoint the source of such a powerful chaotic aura. He needed to investigate this immediately before all else and seemed to be heading towards them. Giving strict instruction to carry on with their plan to Garus and Saffron, he flew to the encounter of such aura.

"Don't be too long, Lord Sanguinius," Kiima said to him before watching him flying into the sky with such elegance and power.

Kiima really wanted to tag along with Sanguinius but was politely told that he wouldn't be long and he would be with them as soon as possible. Kiima reluctantly accepted and joined Saffron in the fighting but just wished that he showed he cared more for her rather than just friends. She knew that he had feelings for her, all he had to do is to show a little of it to her and she would be happy . . . but then again she thought, they were in a battle and hoped that afterwards, he would show some affection towards her.

***

Meanwhile . . . on higher existence level known as the Astral Planes

The powerful figure of the immortal Emperor, and the graceful and beautiful Queen of the Moon Kingdom watched the battles in Nerima and Juuban with keen interest. The forces of Nurgle did something that they did not expect to happen, they were retreating back to the Eye of Terror but for what purpose unless they intended to do so which raised suspicions on what the Dark Gods were up to. Suddenly a thought popped up in the Emperor's mind and decided to inquire about it.

"Serenity, I was wondering now that we are alone, what did you actually slip into Ranma's cloak pocket before he returned back to his home dimension?" The Emperor whispered into her ear.

Serenity simply smiled at him, trying to hide her surprise that he knew about it. "Nothing important."

"Really then . . . if it's so unimportant then you wouldn't mind telling me what it is?" The Emperor asked again.

"If you really want to know, it's . . . " Serenity leaned forward and whispered quietly into his ear. Judging by the expression on the Emperor's face, it was definitely something to do with Ranma and quickly turned and focused the dimensional window on his son to see if he sneezed or had a sudden nosebleed . . . He didn't.

"You know, Serenity. There are laws on that world that might be a problem." The Emperor sighed slightly and looked up towards her.

Serenity nodded, "Do you have similar laws concern that, back in your world?" She asked which the Emperor shook his head, "Neither do I, so in the far future, I do not see what the problem is".

The Emperor sighed again but could see the funny side of it despite the seriousness of the situation. "My son is going to regret coming back to his home dimension."

Serenity smiled and laughed softly, "Oh, I think Ranma is able to handle it . . . he is the Prince of the Imperium and your trump card against the Dark Gods, a Primarch of Chaos. If he can defeat a Daemon Primarch Prince, then simply he can handle what is in store for him."

"Somehow, I doubt that." The Emperor muttered under his breath.

***

The Earthquake device was still functional and most of the surrounding buildings had collapsed. The skirmish was making it difficult for the Blood Angels, as the device seemed to amplify the Daemons strength and ferocity. Cypher spun around to find a huge Khorne Berzerker bearing down on him, his chest and arms were bare and without the protection of his power armour. His body was covered in bloody marks and cuts with tattoos of the symbol of Khorne. Power axes in both his hands, the same insane and blind bloodlust in his eyes. Cypher measured the giant up and took his plasma pistol and shot him in the groin without sympathy. This caused the giant Chaos Space Marine to fall to his knees and clutch where he was shot. Cypher then put away his pistol and took his C'Tan Phase sword. He then activated the blade and with both hands, stepped back and swung a blow directly into the Chaos Warrior's face, the blade cutting and paring flesh away from bone.

"The bigger they are, the harder they fall," Cypher said as he stepped over the Berzerker disembowelled body. In his experience, there was only one equation that would always apply in the situation he was in: kill or be killed. And he went about that business with every ounce of his being.

Taking out his pistols out, he walked across the battlefield, taking perfect head shots with both hands at those who came near him. His calmness and cool composure was unbelievable even against a blood frenzied Khorne Berzerker. But, even as he fought, Cypher was aware that they were being pushed back further to the last line of defence where it would lead to the residential sector. He saw Katsuhito on his knees, trying to fend off the blows raining down upon him from a Khorne Berzerker champion wielding a fierce looking double headed axe. On his left, was Tenchi occupied with the annoying Horrors of Tzeentch unaware that the Lord of Change was sneaking up behind him and was preparing a spell.

It was at moment that Cypher was facing a dilemma, who would he aid first and it was this reason generally why he never made any friends with anyone. He hated having to take this choice, as they would eventually lead to this. Cypher then saw something that may help him kill two birds with one stone and a plan of action started to formulate in his mind. The building near the Lord of Change was almost on the verge of collapse and needed one more powerful nudge in the right direction. The problem was that his best throws were unable to reach the building or to land closes enough to do the trick. He had only one more plasma grenade left in his robe so he couldn't miss.

When the plan was not going to work he then saw someone actually do it,

"Ryoga!" Cypher called out to him.

"What now!" Ryoga shouted back, "Can't you see I'm busy!" He said as he threw a large rock like a bowling ball at the group of Thousands Son who was too slow to get out of the way. The result was that the spirited marines were all knocked over and well . . . erm . . . crushed.

"Strike!" Ryoga exclaimed and turned towards Cypher, "Well?"

"Can you throw this over there?" Cypher pointed and showed the grenade.

"Is that all? Of course I can!" Ryoga answered back. "Throw it to me!"

Cypher nodded and tossed the plasma grenade. "You got five second to throw it!"

"WHAT!" Ryoga said as he almost fumbled the grenade but recovered quickly enough to throw it at the designated location. "YOU COULD HAVE TOLD ME FIRST!" He shouted angrily at him but was ignored.

"TENCHI, GO TO THE GROUND NOW!" Cypher shouted loudly.

Ryoga and Cypher watch as there a brilliant flash followed by the building collapsing on the surprised Greater Daemon. It would go to a while for the Daemon to dig itself out of that mess; unless he used a teleportation spell and the interference from the Earthquake device disrupted the magical and warp spells. According to Washu's readings so it bought them some time to figure out how to take down the device.

"Cypher," Ryoga said angrily, "We have got to sort out the communications between us, you could've have saved me a lot of grief."

Cypher shrugged much to Ryoga's annoyance. "It keeps you on your toes, doesn't it?"

"I hate you."

"Thanks, the feeling's mutual." Cypher said as he walked away from him.

***

Location: Nerima

Ranma Saotome had finally reached the outskirts of Nerima and the moment he surveyed the landscape, his worst fears were confirmed. The whole place looked like a war zone, buildings were destroyed or looted and total carnage was everywhere. The skies were filled with clouds of thick smoke from the intense fighting. Mentally willing his Nekoken sword to appear in his hand, he slowly walked amongst the debris. For a split second, Ranma thought that Ryoga had gone on one of his hot headed tempers rage and created all this mayhem and destruction but shook off the thought as they were friends but at least they were still rivals' not bitter enemies. He could hear the sounds of battle in distance and quickly ran into the general direction in hopes of finding his friend although by doing this, the chance of being spotted by enemy forces increased.

Ranma looked up when heard the flapping of leathery wings beating directly above his head and saw a flock of large, winged reptile like Daemons bearing rows of razor edged claws and teeth emerging from the dark clouds.

'What the hell are those?" Ranma thought and made himself scarce and ran under a building hoping to avoid detection but it was too as . . .

One of the creatures spots Ranma and decided that he would be the one for his snack on these mortals. Breaking their formation, the Daemon flyer swoops down, giving a terrible high-pitched scream that echoes all around the area. He then closely followed by the others. Ranma bolted it and ran down the alleyway, hoping that the enclosed space would restrict the Daemon's movements. The Daemons flyers broke away immediately as they avoided smashing into the building wall. Unfortunately one of them made it through and headed straight for Ranma. His sharp claws outstretched with the intention of taking the human head off and feast on the corpse.

Ranma was annoyed with himself for making a bad decision as he was facing a dead end. Hearing the creature after himself screaming towards him, he turned to face it and planted his feet apart. Focussing on his inner energies and in slow motion cupped his hands together. The gathering of his energy was almost instantly as years of experience and training had enabled him to summon what was necessary in a very short time.

"No breakfast for you." Ranma whispered and his finished his technique.

"MOKO TAKABISHA!" A vivid blue fireball shot out from his palms towards the creature. Ranma watched as the fireball with uncanny accuracy, it inflicts a fatal wound in the creature's head and it plummets from the sky.

Ranma did not have the chance to congratulate himself when he saw a couple of Khorne Berzerkers standing at the entrance of the alleyway. They were curious of who the flyers were after and were surprise to see a human. Not wasting anytime, the Berzerkers charged towards Ranma unaware who he was or what he was capable of. Ranma materialized and gripped his rune sword in both hands and meet them halfway. He didn't have time for finesse or skill of his swordplay or any fancy techniques. Hacking his way through several Berzerkers, Ranma was out of the alleyway and onto the street. Then, without warning there was a tremendous loud crash, as the building to the left behind him collapses and its burning roof falls in, as a gigantic mechanized figure smashed through a wall, sending bricks and broken wooden beams flying into the street.

Ranma sighed and slowly turned around as he shielded his eyes. The very ground shook beneath his feet. The howls of blood echoed in the air. "What is it now?"

As the dust clears, Ranma took a step back as he stared at it with surprise.

' . . . 'Ranma thought as looked up towards the massive figure. He was now confronted with a six and a half meters walking suit of armour that had similarity designs and icons of the Worldeaters legion. However, there were no gaps in the armour and through the dark slit of the visor, Ranma could see a red glow suggesting the barely controlled rage and hatred. What was the most shocking to Ranma were not its fearsome appearance but the aura that the machine was giving out? It was like there was some tormented damned soul inside it, waiting to be released from its cage. Ranma shuddered as a cold psychic wave swept over him as the machine focused on its next target.

The sounds of its ancient and heavy weapons powering up alerted Ranma and immediately duck as it's deadly right weapon consisting of blades and saws took a disemboweling swipe. There was a howl of damnation from vox speakers as it began to auto-load its heavy bolter ammunition.

[KILL FRENZY! KILL FRENZY! KILL FRENZY!]

It was a Chaos Dreadnought of Khorne and was one of the most powerful weapons that the traitorous legions possessed. The Dreadnought is a deadly fighting machine, almost impervious to conventional weapons and was sure hell bent on Ranma's destruction. Ranma ran as fast he could and almost bumped into a dozen of Thousand Sons Space Marines that emerged from the corner. They're strangely robotic behavior took careful aim with their Bolters and were about the pull the trigger and were confused when the mortal dive to the ground, covering his head. The Thousands Sons legion didn't take prisoners as standard and were about to pump him full of bolt shells when they looked up to see the massive frame of the Dreadnought completing it's auto cycle.

[TARGET SELECTION ONE: HUMAN - KILL]

[TARGET SELECTION TWO: THOUSAND SONS SPACE MARINES - KILL]

[KILL FRENZY! KILL FRENZY! KILL FRENZY!]

The Thousand Sons would have sported a huge sweatdrop and would have sighed in despair if they could as the Dreadnought unleashed its torrent of bolter fire in their direction. More than eight thousand rounds of linked chain bolt shells were consumed within a matter of seconds as the Dreadnought went into a state of fire frenzy, even unleashing its havoc missiles from his launcher racks on the top of it's tomblike frame for good measure. Ranma crawled across the street and hid behind a low wall and covered his ears when the grenades exploded.

The fire frenzy last two more seconds as its entire solid ammunition was consumed. Ranma peered over the wall and saw the carnage that the Dreadnought had created. On the ground were empty and broken suits of power armour belonging to the Thousand Sons, each one pierced by untold number of holes. Turning his gaze to the left, he could see that a couple of Worldeaters Berzerkers and Daemons had the bad luck of walking into the Dreadnought arc of fire. Ranma's gaze suddenly focussed in the centre of the street and was annoyed when he realized that he had dropped his rune sword. The very ground shook as the Dreadnought stride forward down the street, happy that his blood lust was satisfied for about another thirty seconds. Its internal senses told him that a confirmed body count of forty-three minuses twelve of his own legion was recorded but to hell with that, any kill is a kill for Khorne. It also told the machine Dreadnought that there was one more life sign left unaccountable for. The machine roared into life and began an active search for Ranma. Its ranged weapons were depleted all apart from its twin link Bolters and it's deadly close combat weapon.

Ranma threw a stone to see how reactive it was. Within milliseconds, the stone was nothing but dust.

'That might be a problem,' thought Ranma at the thought of him turning into a cloud of gore and bone.

Leaning against the wall, he thought of any strategy that could take out the murderous machine. Most of his Chi and Ki attacks were out of the question as it need time to set it up and besides he probably be sliced or shot at but the time he actually say the words. Martial Arts could work but then again; its heavy armour seemed to possess a life of its own. Also there was a faint aura of darkness that surrounded the creature that told him that physical attacks might not work. This left him with retrieving his rune sword that was inches away from the Dreadnought or uses his forbidden techniques. The risks were high and the odd of pulling this off was next to nothing but then again. Ranma was always confident in his abilities and his Chaos Factor could defy all odds against him. Ranma took a deep breath and counted the stomping steps that the Dreadnought was making.

"1 . . . 2 . . . 3 . . ." Ranma counted and made up his mind to go on five.

Ranma was about to test his Chaos Factor to the limit when . . .

He felt his senses screaming at him to go back where he hiding behind which he did immediately and drove behind the wall. As he drove behind cover, he could feel a back wash of intense heat, singing Ranma's pigtail a little as two large bursts of bright light pass over him and slammed into the Dreadnought. The Dreadnought staggered back due to the force of intense blast. Its right weapon system was completely destroyed and its upper torso system was heavily damaged. It's arcane and archaic systems were shutting down as it attempted to register the attacker. The Dreadnought attempted to raise it functional arm and counter back with its twin link bolter when another similar blast smashed into its main body. Its tormented soul screamed out in rage as its other arm was disabled along with its system.

Ranma was wondering where those powerful blasts were coming from as he got up to his knees. He looked over the wall to see the Dreadnought just a few feet away from him, motionless and heavily damaged.

"OUT OF THE WAY!" A booming voice was heard as Ranma dived behind a rock to take cover. A massive searing fireball of light flew overhead and slammed itself deeply within the belly of the beast. Suddenly there was a massive explosion as a deadly chain reaction occurred and blew fatally the creature into pieces. Fortunately Ranma wasn't seriously hurt as the Dreadnought exploded from the back rather than front due to the weaknesses of its armour.

Ranma looked up and whistled in amazement and wondered how had done that but had a feeling it was about to be answered. A sudden gust of wind blew behind him and as Ranma turned around, raising his hand to shield his eyes from the whirlwind of dust. A few seconds later, the dust clouds started to clear up so that he could get a better look at him, ready for anything except for this . . .

"I can honestly now says this sentence that I have always wanted to say ...now I've seen everything." Ranma whispered under breath as he looked up at the eight-foot figure. "First Princes from god knows where, Ghost Cats from hell, Magic Girls, Daemons from hell and now . . . An Angel!"

"Now, I'm in trouble." Ranma stared at the divine figure of a blond hair Angel standing a few feet away from him. His large swan like wings neatly folded across his back which Ranma estimate the wing span was huge. In his right open palm was a vivid cracking ball of psychic energy. In the other, he hefted a heavy looking twin linked meltagun. Hanging off his waist was a sword of gold and silver, which crackled with restrained blue electricity, a sharp contrast to Ranma's darker Nekoken blade.

Ranma assumed a defensive stance preparing to counter what this formidable opponent was going to do. Although Ranma didn't have his Nekoken sword with him, he still had a few techniques up his sleeve that could get him out of this fight it goes wrong. The Angel was wearing a white robe with golden lining and was stained in the blood of his enemies that he had fought.

The Angel was silent as gazed at Ranma with an analytical look for a couple of seconds. The moment of silence was beginning to get to Ranma as moment of tension was beginning to get to him. The Angel like warrior nodded and the energy ball in his palm slowly faded away with a quick flick of the wrist.

Without warning one of the Khorne Berzerker roses to his feet, blood pouring from his wounds as it staggers to his feet. His blood shot eyes focused on the winged Primarch and using all of his remaining strength, charged towards him like a madman. Ranma was about to warn the Angel as he saw the Khorne Berzerker behind him. The Chainaxe swung to decapitate the winged Angel with its roaring teeth. The Angel moved so quickly that Ranma had some difficulties in seeing what happened next as one moment the Berzerker's chainaxe was inches from the Angel's neck and now the same Berzerker was lying on the ground, it's neck obviously broken in two. The Angel turned to face Ranma as he sheathed his sword slowly and took a step back when he saw that the Angel eyes were actually blazing with intense rage and barely controlled fury. Within seconds, the eyes that could put fear into his enemies slowly returned back to normal.

"I have been keeping tabs on you the moment you entered the outer perimeter. Hmm . . . what is your purpose here, are you here to loot or do you have a darker purpose?" The Angel spoke with wisdom and finesse.

"Neither, I'm here to help my friends, that's all." Ranma hastily replied back.

The Angel studied Ranma for a moment. "You are telling the truth and what I have seen and heard, you are definitely not one of them." The Angel pointed at the dead Berzerker.

'Hmm . . . very advanced martial arts skills, the ability to manipulate the natural energy around him, the distinct pigtail, radiating a powerful chaotic aura . . . 'The Angel pieced together of his observation and the witness accounts.

"I must admit, I like your attire, is very nice especially with that insignia of the Emperor. No general or minion of the Dark Gods would bear such a holy icon or artifact of the Imperium and Humanity." The Angel spoke as he pointed to Ranma's left shoulder.

'A Crux Terminatus, a very high Honour for someone who is not one of us or is he? ...Perhaps this is our father's sign that he is the one.' The Angel thought carefully, the mortal definitely matched the profile and detailed description from a certain Juraian Princess.

Suddenly Ranma thought of something when he was in the astral planes with the Emperor and Queen Serenity. He had only met five of the Primarchs that reminded loyal to the Emperor and apparently according to Cypher; there were actually nine. So this meant that . . .

Ranma decided to ask him something to confirm his theory.

"Who are you? And what do you want? Ranma inquired, taking a step back, just a meter away from his Nekoken sword that lay undamaged or tainted.

"The same thing, I would have asked you. If you are who I think you are then we are battle brothers or . . . I may be wrong and I could be a bitter nemesis." He said and calmly took a step forward, unaffected by the sounds of carnage around them.

Ranma raised an eyebrow in curiosity. "Huh . . . what are you on about? And you haven't told me who you are."

"Before I answer your question, answer me this, who do you serve? I will know if you are telling the truth or not so be honest." The Angel stared directly into Ranma's eyes like he was staring directly into his soul, his thumb on his combo weapon moving towards the safety catch in preparation.

"Oh, that's easy, I'm here to help my friends and kick Angron butt back to where he came from!" Ranma noticed that the Angel had a serious expression.

"You haven't answered my question? Whom do you serve?"

"I serve no one but myself and I will protect those who I care! So tell me who you are or prepare to fight!" Ranma shouted, his patience was near his break point for this questioning.

The Angel slightly relaxed as a gentle smile appeared on his face. "You must be Ranma Saotome, the missing Primarch and direct heir to the Emperor. I heard you were dead."

Taken back by the Angel's answer, Ranma relaxed his guard slightly and his curiosity was being to get the better of him on who this Angel was.

"Err . . . yeah, I was kinda . . . well sorter of dead but not now." Ranma replied as he scratched the back of his head. "So who are you?" He asked not that the tension in the air had all but disappeared.

Suddenly six Space Marines emerged from the dark clouds of smoke, landed around the Primarch, hand weapons locked on Ranma thinking that he could be possible threat to their Primarch. Ranma grabbed his Nekoken sword from the ground and held it in an offensive stance.

The Angel gestured to lower their weapons as he took another step towards Ranma.

"Sanguinius, Primarch of the Blood Angels." He introduces himself.

Ranma blinked and lowered his sword down and thought that Cypher wasn't kidding when he told him of their appearance of the Primarchs and most importantly their height.

"Ranma Saotome." He quietly breathed a sigh of relief and lowered his weapon down, as he didn't really want to take on this guy right now, especially for the amount of power he was generating. He had heard of this legendary Primarch from what Cypher had said but there was one thing bothering him, Sanguinius was supposed to have died at Horus Heresy.

"Erm . . . aren't you suppose to be dead? Ranma inquired.

"Only officially in the historical database of the Imperium, I would have inquired the same about you but then again the Emperor does move in mysterious ways." Sanguinius said.

"Like a magician?" Ranma joked.

Sanguinius glared at Ranma, which caused him to shut up immediately. "Not exactly . . . I think that your friends will be surprised that you are back from the dead."

"Who?" Ranma asked.

Sanguinius had an expression of deep thought, "I think it was a purple haired princess, Ayeka and a very skilled swordsman, Tenchi Masaki and..." Sanguinius didn't have the chance to finish as Ranma rushed towards the battle scene and started to roof hop between buildings.

Sanguinius sighed as he was heading the wrong way and turned around, he was about to take to the skies when he felt a tapping on his shoulder. Turning around, he was slightly surprised to see Ranma scratching the base of his pigtail in embarrassment and shuffling his feet.

"Sanguinius, could you . . . erm . . . " Ranma tried to say.

Sanguinius sighed again and pointed in the general direction where his friends were.

"Thanks." Ranma raced off.

Sanguinius shook his head, "That boy, has a lot to learn. I have a feeling this is going to be one of those days," He muttered and leapt into the skies, joining his battle brothers against the chaos hordes.

Somewhere in the astral planes

Lion El' Jonson of the Dark Angels secretly handed Roboute Guilliman of the Ultramarines a magnificent crafted dagger.

"Oh right you win." Jonson muttered as he had lost his bet.

"I told you they weren't going to kill each other, didn't I." Guilliman smiled.

"How was I supposed to know? There is no need to rub it in." Jonson replied and sighed. He then resumed watching the battle from the astral window.

"Tell me Jonson, why were you so harsh against Ranma when you first met him?" Guilliman inquired.

Jonson sighed, "Before Horus Heresy, I was bought up to learn that Honour is the most important thing in a person's life. The inhabitants of Caliban are a proud, martial people, bought up to live and die by the sword. This tradition has passed through many generations and into the Dark Angels code of Honour. I know that Ranma is skilled and potentially the most powerful of us all but without Honour, his life would be meaningless."

Guilliman listen carefully to his every word and thought about it before replying, "Remember Jonson, you and me were bought up by two honorable and caring people who could have killed us the moment we arrived as infants on their worlds. Ranma on the other hand had the worst luck to be bought up by Genma Saotome." Guilliman said his name with a hint of bitterness.

Jonson smirked, "I suppose your right. Ranma is still a honorable person despite what he went through, we shall see what he does with his new found freedom." Jonson chuckled which Guilliman raised a questioning eyebrow, "Leman Russ was bought up by a She-wolf and she did a better job than he did. All right Guilliman, I try not to be too harsh on him but I'm not promising anything."

"That is all I have expected from you."

***

Meanwhile on the mortal planes . . .

Tenchi, Ryoga, Katsuhito and Cypher fighting spirits were slowly diminishing as they continued to repel back waves or waves of monstrous creatures as they crashed into the thin ranks of the Sanguinius' Blood Angels. They had received good news that Washu had managed to stabilize Ryoko's condition from life threatening to something more acceptable. Princess Ayeka was also with Washu after taking a direct hit from a psychic warp blast from a group of Daemon Pink horrors who had combined and directed their warp energy at her. Luckily for Ayeka, she had managed to throw up a defensive shield around her, which absorbed much of the energy. Tenchi was with her in an instant after smashing his way through the Daemons and Chaos marines to get to where she had fallen. Ryoga and Cypher were busily fending off the larger and powerful Daemons while Tenchi rescued her.

The Earthquake device was still activated and the humming noise it was producing seemed to enrage the Daemons further into a state of blood fury. All attempts to destroy the device were futile as the magical protection was preventing it from being damaged. So far, Sanguinius' attempts to reach the chaos altar were proving more difficult than he had first thought. Attempts to land and deploy his reserves units near the gate was unsuccessful because as soon as the Gunship approached, M'Kachan would launch waves of Daemonic flyers at them and landing was made impossible by the sheer number of Daemons on the ground. The second option was to order the use his ship to bombard the Daemon's positions but was ruled out by Katsuhito and Tenchi as they wanted to keep most of Nerima still in one piece as people have to live and work here. Sanguinius eventually gave in after Saffron and Katsuhito reasoning as M'Kachan would want to obliterate Nerima from the face of the Earth. The third was to fight their way through; the problem was that the morale of the forces against the Daemons and Chaos marines was slipping fast. More and more of the Japanese forces was deserting and fleeing the fighting at the sheer horror as they had never fought this type of enemy before.

Sanguinius and his Blood Angels were standing fearless against them but were slowly being cut down one by one. Attempts to flank the defenders position were stopped efficiently by the leadership of Sanguinius and Katsuhito which the Blood Angels Primarch was beginning to suspect that the old man knew more than he was letting on but decided not to ask him now. Although they did have a rough battle plan laid out, this wouldn't work for much without reinforcement. To the north was their objective, the chaos gate were endless tides of Daemons were pouring into the material world supported by Chaos Space Marines which have devastated most of the industrial and commercial area. The residential and crucial parts of Nerima were still under their control and have not fallen yet. Sanguinius, Kiima and Saffron with his Honour Guard was placed at the forefront of the Chaos incursion while his remaining Blood Angels troops were deployed on the center and sides to prevent them being flanked by the Chaos Daemon while the Japanese military tried to prevent the district from falling. Tenchi, Cypher, Ryoga and Katsuhito would command vital position with Sanguinius remaining troops while supported by routine air strikes from Sanguinius strike barge.

Cypher looked up into the sky, to see the horizon burning the color of blood as though the sky itself was on fire. The industrial areas of Nerima were ablaze before Imperial Gunships pounded the Chaos Marines positions. Cypher was beginning to wish that the Japanese army had Imperial Basilisk or Leman Russ Battle Tanks as he watched the modern tanks and armored units ripped to pieces either monstrous creatures or well placed shots while the crew was devoured by the Daemons. Cypher stood upon a short stone pillar as he watched the carnage happening around him, whilst blasting a couple of Daemons that were trying to claw his ankles.

"Too few," Cypher whispered, "We need more men or firepower." He commented as his unloaded an entire clip of plasma rounds at a couple of Daemons that was about to pounce on a Blood Angel Marine.

"Hmm . . . they are preparing another charge." Cypher whispered as he watched for third time what the Daemons were retreating, meanwhile Garus ordered his men to not pursue the fleeing Daemons, knowing it was a trap. Cypher quickly threw a couple of plasma grenades for good measure before climbing down to where Tenchi, Katsuhito, and Captain Garus of the Blood Angels were resting for a brief moment.

Cypher walked up towards a tired and exhausted Tenchi; his clothes were soaked in blood and sweat with a makeshift bandage around his right hand and left shoulder. Katsuhito was in similar state like Tenchi but was mediating peacefully like they weren't fighting these creatures of the warp. Cypher knew what he was doing as to fight without a clear mind would lead to their downfall but to anyone else, this might have looked a bit out of place. Garus on the other hand was shouted orders along the thin Blood Angels ranks to prepare for them and to commit themselves totally against these abominations and to praise Sanguinius. Noticing Tenchi's down expression on his face, Cypher placed his hand on his shoulder, which he looked up with a weak smile.

"They going to charge us again aren't they? What is now, two...three times now?" Tenchi asked, holding the deactivated Tenchiken in his hand whilst tightening his bandage around his hand that he received from the Champion of Khorne.

"It's a third time and this time I think they're going to succeed, more Daemons and Chaos Space Marines are gathering near our position." Cypher said, whipping out his bolt pistol and loading inside a bolt clip and doing the same with his other.

Cypher knew that he said something wrong judging by Tenchi reaction to his honest answer and decides to raise his spirit. "If Ranma was here, he would probably make some sort of comment or remark to raise your spirits but alas he not with us. So all that I'm going to say is what lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Cypher said as he took a bolter from Blood Angel Marine and slung it around his shoulder.

Tenchi looked up with a puzzled expression, "And what was that supposed to mean?" He asked, getting up to his feet as he heard shouts from Garus to ready themselves.

Cypher smirked and goes to join Ryoga and the Blood Angels, leaving Tenchi's question unanswered until Katsuhito answered it, "What he meant that no matter what the odds, the future is not something we enter. The future is something we create and it's up to us to change the future." Katsuhito said, walking pass him and meeting up with Cypher.

Tenchi stood still for a moment before realizing what those two were trying to say. With a small smile on his face, Tenchi activated his sword and rushed over to join them for perhaps the last time.

"We can pay our debt to the past by putting the future in debt to ourselves..." Cypher muttered to himself as he watched the Daemons and Chaos Space Marines rushed towards them.

"Hey, Cypher. What are you whispering?" Tenchi asked who was standing beside him. Cypher raised his bolter and without glancing, he replied.

"Oh it's just an old saying that I heard and...I'll tell you later." Then he heard Garus shouted the order to fire as soon as they are in range.

Two waves of Daemons fell under the Blood Angels marksmanship's barrage before they closed the distant between them.

"HERE THEY COME!" Cypher shouted as he threw down his depleted bolter to one side and whipping out his Plasma pistol from his belt and activated his C'Tan phase sword.

Ryoga cracked his knuckles, "Heh, bring it on!"

There is a loud sound of clashing blades and claws as the two armies meet. The fighting is fierce and bloody and, although heavily outnumbered, the Blood Angels gain a little ground. In the center of the fight, Tenchi, Ryoga, Katsuhito, and Cypher were battling out with the Khorne Berzerkers and Bloodletters. The Bloodletters and Berzerkers are trying to push the fearless and brave Blood Angels survivors, while Bloodhounds and smaller Daemons are attacking the flanks remorselessly. With blood lust and berserk, some of the Worldeaters marines at the back pushed themselves forward, so eager are they to feel the clash of steel.

Suddenly the Earthquake Device exploded in millions of fragments and shrapnel killing everything within six meters. Fortunately the device was located in the heart of the Daemon forces causing confusion within the Chaos ranks. The Blood Angels and their allies didn't waste time and leapt forwards to turn the tides of Darkness, giving thanks to whoever destroyed that ancient device.

During the bloody skirmish, Tenchi had somehow managed to get detached from the rest of the Blood Angels and his friends, as he was so busily preoccupied with the brutal fighting. Ducking under a whirling chainaxe, Tenchi was so distracted with dispatching a Worldeaters champion that he turned around to see a muscular Khorne Berzerker leaping towards him, his double headed chainaxe raising above his head for a powerful and brutal disemboweling downward blow. It happened so fast, that Tenchi did not have time to raise his Tenchiken to block the blow.

Time slowed down, Tenchi stumbled over a dead Berzerker marine as he watched in shock as the axe was bought down and . . .

Suddenly a black robed figure materialized just behind the Berzerker and slashed his torso into two with a purple rune sword, blood and sparks flew as the two pieces fell at both sides of Tenchi. The figure landed quietly and got up to his feet, his blade crackling with purple electricity. Tenchi knew that he was on their side as three Bloodletters leapt towards the hooded robe figure and watched in awe as the hooded figure spun around in 360 degrees close to the ground, and slashed the stomach open of two of the Bloodletters with his sword. As the two Bloodletters staggered forward, clutching their entails and bits, the figure decapitated both of them in a split second. The third Bloodletter went berserk and start to slash at him from left to right but the mysterious robe figure knew what he was doing as he leapt into the air and remained in the air like he was flying. Something clicked in Tenchi's mind as he had seen that type of style before but where...

Then it dawned on him; the only person that has that particular style of fighting and unique aura was . . .

Not wanting to keep his hopes up, Tenchi quickly got to his feet in time to see the robe figure coming down and landing in crouching stance in front of Bloodletter seemingly unharmed. Tenchi was about to rush in and take care of the Daemon. He then stopped and saw the Bloodletter suddenly split into two and vanished into red mist before it had the chance to land on the ground. The robed figure stood up as Cypher and Ryoga rushed towards Tenchi at either side in defensive stance assuming he was an enemy. The robed figure turned around to face the trio and started to laugh, his sword was still lowered by his side.

"HEY! WHAT ARE YOU LAUGHING ABOUT?" Ryoga shouted, as he didn't take kindly to people laughing at him. Cypher remained silent; noticing the sword in his hand while Tenchi took a step forward towards him. The robed figure pulled his hood, revealing his pigtail and smiled brightly at the reactions from Ryoga while Cypher grinned as he recognized the Nekoken sword.

"I'm surprised that missed me so much especially you, Ryoga. I only been gone a few hours and here you are fighting without me." Ranma joked as he fired a large chi ball at a group of Daemons, sending them flying back.

Tenchi rushed forward and shook him by the shoulders.

"RANMA, YOU'RE ALIVE!" Tenchi exclaimed, glad that he was alive and in one piece. "But how?" he asked, wondering if this temporary or permanent.

"I knew you were one lucky SOB but this takes the cake in all your miraculous comebacks! You owe me a fight." Ryoga smirked. "Where did you get your new attire from?"

"Ranma, it is good to see you are alive and well but can we discuss this later, we have a fight to win!" Cypher said, blasting a couple of daemons.

Ranma nodded at Cypher advice. "As always, you are right, let talk about this later after we whip these daemons back to where they came from!" He said and joined them in their fight against the Daemon hordes.

"Tell me something . . . was it you that destroyed the device?" Cypher inquired. Ranma simply grinned.

Somewhere on Ry-Ohki, Sasami was jumping for joy as she saw the evidence on one of the many screens that her Ranma was still alive much to the contentment of Washu and Ayeka. Tsunami watched afar on a higher plane of existence and smiled.

TBC . . .

***

Author Note: Here the next chapter . . . it's going to be awhile before the next chapter going to be released. Heh . . . I would like a couple more reviews especially from those who know Warhammer 40K. See you later and thanks to those who had waited for updates and gave their reviews. I appreciate it a lot.

Order of Updates:
* Fanfiction.net
* Lady Cosmos
* Ranchan & Co Crossing Bridges

In the next chapter - the final showdown of the battle in Nerima . . . The Angel and the Devil

Character Profile: Cypher, Fallen Dark Angel Champion.

Cypher is an enigmatic and deeply sinister character. He appears as if from nowhere, being death and destruction with him, and then vanishes as abruptly as he appeared. Strangely, it is rare that Cypher himself instigates the violent acts that invariably occur when he is present, it is rather than he seems to act as a catalyst that fans any feeling of hatred and mistrust in to a raging, uncontrollable fire.

Sounds like a certain pigtailed martial artist, doesn't it ^_^;

Cypher rarely speaks, and no one knows his real name. However, the occasional glimpse of the dark green power armour beneath his long robes mean there can be no doubt that Cypher is one of the Fallen. In many ways he epitomises the fate of the Fallen, being cursed to wander through time and space, never able to return home.

Some whisper that Cypher may present the Fallen Angels' only chance of redemption and that his seemingly random appearance hide a pattern which reveals that he is slowly moving across the galaxy towards Earth and the Emperor himself. Hunted by the Dark Angels, Cypher is one of the most wanted of the Fallen and will perform almost any act, no matter how vile, in order to capture or kill him.

Note: The divine protection that Cypher has when he is in mortal danger and spirits him away at the last moment if danger threatens. He is not protected by a Chaos Power, thought nobody knows who or what this Power is, he is actually protected by the Emperor.

Thanks to Holy Knight for proof reading this chapter, cheers!

The Administration will accept all comments and constructive criticism.

The Inquisition will purge all flames with righteous fury.

Please transmit all encoded comments to: pnmonty@hotmail.com

Version 1.0 14/01/04
Version 2.0 22/03/04