Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Millennium's End ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

===============================================================< /div>

Millennium's End

A Fanfic by Adyen

Chapter 2

===============================================================< /div>

As the being that currently possessed Ryoga pushed the boy's body to attack the one who was once called Solaris, another fight of epic proportions was being fought at a distant place. Light and shadows danced around each other as magical powers were being shot off like bullets from a handgun. Each side was determined not to lose, yet neither side had enough power for a decisive victory; not unless sacrifices were made.

One by one, the protectors of a silver energy fell, taking portions of the enemy with them. One by one, the princess was being singled out as her protectors died fighting for her but she continued on, backed by the promise of her mother; the wills of her friends; and the knowledge of a father searching for her, one that her mother had told her about. She made a promise to herself - she would find her father if he was alive, and find the truth, if not for her mother, then for herself. She would survive any hardship to fulfil this request from her mother, and to ease her own mind about it.

Finally, she reached her love, only to have history repeat on itself. He died protecting her, but she promises that they will be together again, after the Great Evil has been defeated. And so, the climatic battle between Princess Serenity and the evil being known as Metallia escalates, much like the battle between Ryoga and Solaris.

"I don't know how much longer I can hold back without getting hurt." Solaris thought as he parried the umbrella with his long sword. "But if I don't hold back, he could get hurt!"

At first, it seems that he had a distinct edge (no pun intended) over the possessed Ryoga, but that was before he realized that the being that controlled Ryoga didn't care a single bit about the life of his host. Now, it was all he could do to prevent the creature from realizing this, making small cuts upon the fanged boy's body as if he was truly attacking.

It was nearly two minutes after the battle started that the possessed Ryoga started throwing black bolts of chi, similar to the Shishi Hokodan, but with something like black lightning trailing it. Solaris quickly learned to dodge such attacks or block it when the first one impacted into a tree, causing black lightning to course through it and setting it on fire. Using a bit of Silver Magic, Solaris quickly threw a counter bolt of silver magic at the attacks being thrown at him to prevent a forest fire. Each time the two opposing bolts clashed, it created a small explosion, but thankfully no fire.

As their battle started reaching their climax, so did the battle between Serenity and Metallia. The young woman closed her eyes for a second, feeling her friends lend her support from beyond the grave. With a final burst of energy, Serenity opened her eyes and let loose a blast of silver energy from her staff, completely overwhelming the darkness and spreading out like a sonic boom from a fighter jet, only much quicker.

At the same time, Solaris was forced to power up for one of his stronger attacks, hoping that it would only knock his friend out yet destroying whatever it was that possessed him.

Jumping back a small distance, he placed the bottom of the hilts together where they suddenly fused into one single weapon. Placing the double edged sword in front of him horizontally, he used his free right arm and placed his palm on the open space of the hilt, causing a silver aura to suddenly spring to life around the sword.

"SILVER FLARE!!!!" He yelled as a wide beam of energy fired off from the entire length of the weapon at the possessed Ryoga, who had taken his actions as preparing to attack and also fired off an extra large ball of darkness.

Suddenly, just as the two energies were about to collide with each other, a curtain of silver energy suddenly slammed into both fighters, causing two different reactions.

For Ryoga, he suddenly screamed in anguish as the dark aura around him seemed to flicker out, as did the dark ball that was to impact the line of silver energy. He slumped down to the ground, and that was the only reason why Solaris' attack missed him.

For Solaris, it was as though he was splashed with ice cold water. There was no mistaking that energy for anything else other than the Silver Crystal, something that he had tried to find whenever he had the spare time, and all those thousands of years ago on the moon. However, it was missing with the rest of the population of the Moon Kingdom, and he had little hope of actually finding it, with the death of his wife.

His thoughts of the past soon ended as he noticed a sort of blurring all around him. It was then he realized that his attack must have somehow affected the wave of energy that had came upon him, but it was too late as he soon lost consciousness from the distortions.

===============================================================< /div>

Usagi was on the edge of her consciousness when it happened. She had just beaten Metallia with her friends help and had started to fall down into the recesses of the Dark Kingdom after releasing all that energy when a pulse of Silver Energy seemed to jag straight at her and the crystal, striking directly in her chest and shattering her locket.

She felt a tearing sensation as though she was being pulled in two different directions at once, and the next thing she knew was that she was once again on the Moon; this time, the palace was in its original glory and the two moon cats were licking her face, trying to get her to wake up.

"Wha..." She got out before she suddenly held her head in pain, feeling as though lightning has struck inside her brain, frying it repeatedly yet keeping her conscious.

A torrent of memories suddenly washed through her. Memories of herself yet not herself; memories of being the Princess in crystal clarity; both seeming to merge with her own, threatening to drown her yet somehow keeping her afloat. When she opened her eyes again, it seemed as though everything had changed, yet remain the same at the same time.

"My daughter..." A voice called out from behind all three of them.

Artemis quickly bowed by the small holographic image, but Luna stayed by Usagi's side, though she did bow in the deceased Queen's direction.

Usagi painfully sat up and turned to where the image was, holding a hand to her aching head. "Mother?"

"Serenity." The Queen said, "You have finally defeated Metallia, and for that, I must thank you for correcting that mistake I had made. Luna? Artemis? Could you please leave us alone for a moment? I wish to talk to my daughter alone."

The two cats looked at each other for a moment. Luna seemed to be about to protest, but Artemis shook his head and replied, "Of course. We'll examine the palace and tell the Prince our Princess has awaken while you talk with your daughter."

Both Queen and Princess watched the two felines enter the revived Moon Palace with silence. Neither spoke until the cats were distantly away and could not overhear the conversation.

"I'm sorry, my daughter." The Queen started. "I have caused you pain."

"What happened to me?" Usagi asked, closing her eyes in order to clear her thoughts. "The last thing I remember was fighting Metallia with the power of the Silver Crystal and my senshi. I was exhausted when a silver energy suddenly shattered my brooch, then I felt as though I was being pulled in two different directions... But I also remember healing the Earth with the power of the Silver Crystal..."

"This is not the Reality you were in." Serenity sadly said. Usagi's head snapped up in shock as the Queen continued. "In your final battle back in your previous Reality, when you released your final wave of power, it was to affect the entire planet, but something unexpected happened. A second wave of silver energy was being used at the same time, causing a feedback reaction in both you and whoever used that power."

Usagi stared at the figure in front of her for a moment before asking, "But if it's a different place, how do you know?"

The Queen looked at her daughter sadly. "I'm a spirit kept alive by the power of the Crystal's lingering energies. I cannot be affected by it, but I can ride on the power generated by someone else."

Usagi was quiet as she thought about what her past-life's mother was telling her. "I suddenly gained memories of things I didn't do yet I did..."

"That would be you changing to fit this modified reality." The hologram said. "You'll always be yourself, but having left your original reality, you have been changed to fit into this one."

"But what about everyone? What happened?" Usagi asked, tears starting to show in her eyes. "My friends and family will miss me..."

The hologram was silent for a moment, before sadly answering, "It isn't very possible that you'll ever find your way back, if you do attempt to try."

The blonde's eyes opened widely in shock as the Queen continued. "You see, once you leave your reality, you become `blind' to it. In fact, just leaving the reality takes a large store of energy that isn't readily available or controllable, which is probably why your brooch was destroyed."

A sudden circle of light appeared in front of the hologram. When the light receded, a new brooch appeared in front of her. Usagi picked it up, and opening the circular lid, found a hole right in the middle.

"Place the Silver Crystal within it for safekeeping. It will allow you to access more power as Sailor Moon than you could before. Saying `Moon Crystal Power, Make Up' will allow you to turn into Sailor Moon once again." The Queen directed.

After following the direction and placing the brooch with the crystal in front of her chest, Usagi looked up at the Earth while the Queen said, "Please, Usagi. This Earth needs you to save her people. Maybe one day you'll feel that this place is home as well."

Usagi smiled sadly and shook her head. "No, I do feel this place is my home. It's just that so was where I from."

"Protect them." The hologram said before fading out. "And be happy."

===============================================================< /div>

Ranma held her head in pain as she shook off the dizziness. She hasn't felt that bad since she found out the Chiisuiton interrupts with her normal magical abilities.

Getting up, she notices Ryoga still out cold a bit of distance away from her. Quickly moving over, she checks the lost boy's pulse and to his relief, finds it healthy and strong.

A sudden burst of energy alerts Ranma of someone's arrival. She quickly gets up and to her shock, a woman appears from nowhere, holding on to a long staff and wearing a Sailor Fuku.

"Your MAGESTY?!" Sailor Pluto asks, aghast and shocked to find a younger vision of whom seemingly created such a huge disturbance in Time.

"Sailor PLUTO?!" Ranma asks, aghast and shocked to find the Guardian of Time abandoning her post and meeting her here.

Author's Notes: Heheh... Anyone know what happened or care to make a guess? I've given quite a lot of clues....