Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Millennium's End ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]

===============================================================

Millennium's End

A Fanfic by Adyen

Chapter 3

===============================================================

"What are YOU doing here?" Ranma asked, shaking her head clear of the cobwebs. "You're not supposed to be here!"

Pluto's brows furrowed together as she looked at this silver haired near doppelganger for the old queen. She knew for a fact that Serenity had died back on the Moon, and she was not sent into this time to be reincarnated. Putting on a frown, she levelled her Staff at the impostor and coolly asking, "Who are you?"

"Who am *I*?" Ranma asked with an incredulous expression before suddenly understanding, and looking down at her chest for confirmation. "Oh right... I look like HER right now..."

Keeping her expression neutral with a small frown, Pluto tried to keep the confusion from appearing on her face. Here she was, trying to confront something that entered from outside the timeline and she finds someone who looked like the dead Queen, not to mention probably knew who she looked like to make a statement like the one she just did. What happened next only served to raise her confusion.

With what was obviously energy from the Royal House of the Moon, the silver haired female shimmered within a geyser of light, somehow being limited only around her figure and the immediate area. Pluto covered her eyes with a gloved hand, still somewhat amused at how effective the cover of light was after many centuries after being invented, and blinked a few times to adjust for the brightness.

What she saw made her blink in disbelief. Standing in front of her was a man garbed in something that only a king would be wearing. King of the Silver Millennium, to be exact. But that's impossible, to her knowledge. For one thing, the King was already dead nearly a century before the War; And secondly, the decorations on him identified him as at least an admiral, and no member of ANY Royal Family is allowed to hold a military rank, a precaution to prevent anyone from pooling power to themselves.

Now, more firmly set that this man was either some impostor or invader from outside her timeline, she charged up for a Dead Scream, but refrained from releasing it, seeing that he HAD used the power that only someone of the Lunar House could use.

"I repeat, who are you?" She asked with a icy dead tone, her Garnet Orb crackling with purple/red energy as she prepared to attack. "Pretending to be a member of the Royal Family is treason and punishable by death."

To say Solaris was stunned was to say that the sun is bright. Of course he knew what the punishments were, but he never thought it would be levied against HIM of all people. Though come to think about it, there was that one time... But right now, he had to focus at the matter on hand.

"What do you mean, `pretending to be a member of the Royal Family'?!" He demanded, straightening himself to his full height. "I am Solaris VI, Commander of the First Fleet, King of the Silver Millennium, Husband of Serenity XVII, father of Serenity XVIII! Not some `pretender' to the thrown! Do YOU know the punishment for committing treason?!"

"Bullshit." Pluto calmly replied, keeping an eye on him. "King Agamemnon XXI was the husband of Serenity XI and father of Serenity XII. No royal member is allowed a position in the Millennium's fleet, and the king died a hundred years before the Fall, so you can't be a reincarnation of him either."

"Baxter the Blowhard?!" He exclaimed incredulously. "He doesn't know the first *thing* about diplomacy, not to mention how to treat a woman like a slab of meat!"

Pluto refrained from nodding in agreement. He still *was* her sovereign king, though deceased.

"Besides, he gave up his claim when his system came under attack by some sort of monster and he had to call the Golden Queen to help him." Solaris added, trying to remember exactly what happened.

The name trickled upon Pluto's memory, but she couldn't bring it out for some reason. Solaris, seeing that she still hasn't put down her weapon, decided on the direct approach.

"Look, I was fighting a possessed him," points to Ryoga, "with an energy flare, hoping to purify him when suddenly a freaking curtain of energy from the Silver Crystal smashed right by us, causing a form of backlash that knocked me out. When I woke up, you appeared, and the rest you know."

For a moment, Pluto was tempted to just blast them anyways for entering this timeline, but if he IS royalty, it won't matter what dimension he came from: the punishment is the same. Gritting her teeth, she hoped that this `Solaris' isn't as big an ass as Baxter.

"Fine, we'll talk at my place." Moving over to Ryoga, she motions for Solaris to move over to where she is, and asks, "Can you carry him and travel? We have a few wards to move through, and I don't want to let anyone else see us."

Solaris nodded as he picked Ryoga up. "No problem. Just lead the way."

===============================================================

Usagi walked slowly through the streets of Juuban with Mamoru beside her. People were waking up and shaking her heads as if they had a bad dream that they didn't want to remember.

"Mamo-chan, do you think everyone is back as well?" Usagi asked, leaning on her lover's shoulder. "I'm worried..."

Letting her lean on him, Mamoru reassuringly said, "I'm positive that they're alright. You gave everyone their energy back, I'm sure you managed to heal them as well."

"USAGI-CHAN!"

Freezing, Usagi slowly looked over her shoulder with wide eyes to find her four friends standing behind them, each one with standing proud, even if a bit weary. Tears built in Usagi's eyes until she practically flew out of Mamoru's embrace and ran towards her friends, yelling, "MINNA!"

It was a tearful reunion of a survivor hugging those that she thought were dead. They held on to each other for a long time, not saying anything but just enjoying the feeling of knowing that everyone is alive. When they finally broke apart, the six headed to Rei's shrine to talk and just be with each other, knowing that they defeated the evil that had destroyed their lives before.

===============================================================

Pluto opened the door to her mansion. She hadn't planned on using it so early, but with the circumstances, there was no other choice. Solaris laid Ryoga face down on the sofa, while Pluto turned on the lights and got herself a drink from the kitchen. Returning, she found her `guest' as he was just about to enter the kitchen himself.

"Ah... Can I have some warm water?" He asked, still garbed in his uniform.

Pluto frowned at him, but did as he requested. She also brought out a portable water boiler in case she wanted to pour herself another cup of tea. Heading to the dining room, she asked, "So, why did you look like Serenity?"

Solaris narrowed his eyes at the way she so casually called her own queen, but let it pass. It must have been quite a long time between the Silver Millennium and the `present' anyways. "One name: Spring of Drowned female."

Pluto was about to take a drink from her cup when she froze at the name. "You've been to Jusenkyo?"

"Ah, I see you heard of it." Solaris said as he turned back to her cursed form. "I fell into the pool, and now I'm cursed to turn into the love that I can never have again." With that, she poured some of the warm water on her head, accidentally spilling some on the ground.

"Oh, sorry about that. Let me reintroduce myself: I'm..."

"Saotome Ranma." The two of them said at the same time, though Pluto said it in a dead flat tone.

"I see you know me." Ranma said with an eyebrow up.

"I wish I didn't." She said, gritting her teeth. "Your counterpart in this dimension caused me a LOT of headaches."

"Oh." Ranma said meekly, embarrassed that even in another dimension he's the focus of chaos.