Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Slayers Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Perfect Chaos ❯ Perfect Twilight ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Ranma 1/2/Sailor Moon/Slayers Crossover Fanfiction

Disclaimer: I do not own Ranma 1/2, Sailor Moon or Slayers Anime/Manga. Ranma 1/2 belongs to the lovely Lady Rumiko Takahashi. Sailor Moon belongs to Naoko Takeuchi and finally Slayers belongs to Hajime Kanzaka. This story is created solely for entertainment purposes and no profits are gained from writing this story.

" " - Speech

[ ] - Thoughts

Perfect Chaos

By Montymouse

Chapter Seven - Perfect Twilight

XXXXX

Past . . . Saturn Royal Palace

Ran Greystar or formerly known as Ranma Saotome slowly awoke to the sweet sound of familiar songbirds from outside the window ledge. A small flashback occurred when he remembered the sound was the first thing he had heard when he first arrived in here in this place. As he began to stir in his sleep, he almost leapt out of the bed until memories started to kick in when he felt a slender arm resting across his chest when he tried to sit in upright position. All of a sudden there was light when he opened his eyelids. His head hurt and felt the onset of a headache as he slowly put together the reason for this headache.

[That drink must have been stronger than I had initially thought. Damn, how potent was that drink anyway?] Ranma thought as his vision started to clear up and turned his head slight to see who the arm belonged to.

Uncharacteristically Ranma smiled softly when he saw who was in bed with him and the owner of the soft pale skin arm resting across his chest. Ranma smile grew when he realise that if the situation happened in Nerima. He probably would start to panic about his dire situation. Akane Tendo would most likely enter and throw a bucket of water on him followed by booting him out. Shampoo and the others would probably get him later which would probably sum up his day.

[She is really cute when she smiles, perhaps this isn't so bad after all] thought Ranma and started to blush some of her silky hair away from her face.

The young woman murmurs in her sleep and slowly started to open her eyes. She smiled softly when she made eye contact with his as her eyes slowly widen to reveal the deepest of purple that Ranma had ever seen. For what seem for an eternity, they stared into each other's eyes, enjoying each others company before she broke eye contact and snuggled closer to him for comfort and warmth.

"You're awake," she whispered.

"So are you, Hotaru," Ranma answered and simply held on to her.

After a couple of minutes, he decided it was time that he should get going before anyone sees them together in bed. He slowly broke the hug and sat upright. He then helped her sit up too and looked around the bedroom to see that their clothes were scattered everywhere. He already knew they were naked underneath the sheet so there was no point hiding that fact.

[Yep . . . definitely HER bedroom . . . boy, if anyone catches us in her bedroom] Ranma thought and dismissed the thought when he realised there was no point do so. Also he found out that his eyes felt sensitive, everything was too bright.

Hotaru held onto Ranma's arm for a few moments before starting to get out of bed. She stopped and leaned closer to Ranma's face, planting a quick kiss on Ranma's lips.

"I have to get ready, Ran. It's going to be a busy day," Hotaru whispered in Ranma's ear before planting another kiss.

"You were great, you haven't changed one bit, Ran," she added and climbed out of bed. She started to pick up some of her underwear and clothes along the way before heading into the bathroom.

[That's the last time, I'm drinking with Taris!] Ranma thought as soon as he stood up, his vision became a blur again. He then looked up to see where his fiancée was with her eyes and felt them begin to improve. He then blushed and turned away when he realised that he was staring at her naked body for longer than necessary.

At the same time, Hotaru smile grew bigger when she caught him staring at her with his eyes in the corner of her eye. This simply act from the one she loved greatly reassured her of her womanhood and that she was the object of Ranma's desire. She then closed the door and proceeds to take a shower.

Meanwhile Ranma started to get half dress and sat down on the bed, rubbing his forehead, trying to recall the events leading up to this. He then looked down at his feet and started to put on his shoes then his purple shirt before finding his jacket.

[I'm definitely not drinking with Taris again . . . unless I really have too. That liquid stuff could really do serious damage to Soun and Genma] Ranma grinned when he remembers the memorable last night before focusing his mind on something else.

[That reminds me, I've got tons of stuff to do before I meet Taris] Ranma thought as he rubbed his chin. [I wonder how Taris is doing right now.]

Elsewhere . . . at the Saturn Military Complex

There was total silence as Taris Madok took careful aim with a modified energy rifle and waited for a split moment, then he fired a single energy bolt through the forehead of a human shaped target at the far end of the gallery. Taris lowered his energy rifle and waited as the target was reeled in towards him. He then looked up above him where his accuracy scores were displayed. Taris smiled in satisfaction at the almost perfect score on his performance.

"Any good, Commander?" asked a short haired weapons specialist. He was dressed in grey jacket underneath his purple military uniform which was quite distinctive to the high ranking uniform of the Supreme Commander that Taris was currently wearing.

Taris sighed as he looked down to briefly examine the heavily modified energy before looking up at the anxious specialist with a slight shaking of his head.

"Alignment is slightly off, it really doesn't feel right," Taris commented. "It really lacks the punch over long distances especially armoured targets. It needs work before we issue this out to our field operatives and special units."

"I understand," the weapons specialist said as he quickly noted the commander Taris' comments and the current performance rating into the central computer display. As he was inputting the data into the computer, he notices the commander seemed to be slightly unbalanced in his movements and decided to inquire about it for safety reasons.

"Commander?" he asked.

"Huh, what is it, Master Specialist?" Taris looked towards him.

"Are you feeling well? You seemed slightly disorientated."

Taris shook his head. "It's nothing serious, just a minor migraine that's all."

Taris grinned as he started to reminisce about what happened last night and smiled when Ran drank some of his private liquor by own free will before he passed out.

[Heh . . . I wonder how Ran is going right now, I hope he hadn't done anything foolish.] Taris paused and shook his head. [Most likely he had done so already. He kinda surprised me when he actually accepted my offer of my special brew.] Taris thought when he woke up with a clear head in his own quarters with none of the side effects which he had not had for months.

Since Ran's disappearance and his personal problems with a certain green haired Princess, Taris would normally resort to the bottle to ease his mind. There were times that Taris wondered about his actions in the past were for the best . . . Taris then shook his head as reminisce about the past would get him nothing.

"Commander?" the weapons specialised asked.

Taris blinked as he snapped himself out from his thoughts. "It's nothing."

The weapons specialist nodded and carefully took the rifle of the commander's hands

"Leave it with me, Commander. The modifications will be updated or changed as required. It will be completely a different weapon the next time you see it."

Tarsi nodded and turned to head towards the far side of the wall. He then reached for a weapon from the assortments of weapons on the metal rack but paused as he changed his mind. Taris was currently in the special weapons research and development area where a specially constructed shooting gallery was located on the eighteenth level on the western complex wing. It was a long, low room, windowless like an underground tunnel. The stone columns separating the firing positions were digitally recording the shooter's performance for accuracy and speed. The firing range itself was empty save for the shooting targets hanging from the ceiling and the holograph images. In the next room next to the shooting gallery was a virtual fighting simulation arena where close combat weapons that were developed were used.

It was also used by Commander Ran Greystar himself to develop his personal fighting techniques. He would the instructor for training and teaching the Saturn field operatives and elite cadets from the Saturn Royal Military Academy. He would normally train either here or outside the complex where the harsh wilderness would provide the perfect ground training or even sometimes on the lower levels where he would have real sparring matches conducted against each other. There was a significant chance of getting the crap kicked out of you. Funny enough, the one who get the beat down wasn't referring to Ran Greystar but to the young cadets themselves. This created an impressive reputation that Ran's class of cadets was the best of the best and would usually be the benchmark for other training units. Quite a few officers owed their survival and skills to him despite being the toughest military instructors in the entire Saturn history.

Taris smiled at the fond memory and decided not to pick a weapon from the weapon's rack. He then reached for his personal pistol that was holstered around his waist. He walked towards the nearby computer console and reset the targets in the shooting gallery. Taris then walked towards one of the nearby shooting booths and raised his pistol, pointing at the nearest target. Taris felt confident and carefully took aim.

With a loud chime to indicate that the firing sequences has begun, Taris fired in rapid successions at the moving targets. The first bullet hole appeared squarely in the chest area swiftly followed by the second and third bullet hole appearing just above the first hole. Taris grinned with satisfaction with the result. The weapons specialist just returned and looked at the scores achieved by the commander and noted them down before disappearing into the other room.

Taris held a second chime as three targets appeared and started to move from right to left. Taris swiftly slammed a clip into the weapon and levelled his pistol and fired his pistol again but this time on full auto. There were three loud sounds as each of the targets received a cluster of holes that blossomed in the centre of each target's head.

Taris then looked up and smiled at his improved scores. He then lowered his customised pistol and holstered it back around his waist. The Saturn Supreme Commander turned around and headed towards the nearest exit of the shooting gallery. He then checked his mini communicator on his wrist and noted the time.

[Hmm . . . that's strange, Ran should be here by now. What is holding him?] Taris thought before a thought passed through his mind, causing him to chuckle a little.

[I just leave him a message on his communicator to meet me on the Rhea orbiting docks] Taris then proceed to go towards the long range transported where he would then be teleported to the orbital shipyard where the Star Battlecruiser and the Flagship of Saturn Home Fleet, the Prometheus in dock, awaiting further orders.

XXXXX

Present . . . Nerima, Ucchans Restaurant

Ukyo Kounji, the restaurant owner of Ucchans restaurant quite unexpected started to close up for the day much to the dismay and disappointment of some of her usual punters. After spending a few moments explaining to them why she needs to close up she was able to finally close the door. Standing on the far side of the restaurant standing looking completely bored was a funny stone textured looking guy and a girl that looked completely Ranma's cursed side.

[What am I going to do with these two?] Ukyo thought serious as she put away some of the chair away in the back of the restaurant.

[If those idiots start entering and wrecking the placing there will be hell to pay!] Ukyo sighed as she managed to elude most of the Nerima wrecking crew.

Walking behind the counter, she looked over those two and wondered what to do with them.

"Hey . . . are you hungry?" she asked as she still has some leftover batter mixture left.

Zelgadis shook his head not because he wasn't hungry. He was shaking his head because as soon as this brown haired girl offered mentioned the word food she seemed to have teleported from the far wall to be sitting right at the counter.

"Are you kidding? I'm starving!" Lina exclaimed. Ukyo smiled at the enthusiasm she was displaying and started to produce one of her famous Okonomiyaki.

"Oh, can I have the special, please," Lina said as Zelgadis placed a hand over his face and sighed.

"Okay . . . one special Okonomiyaki coming up, it's on the house!" Ukyo said with a smile and went to work on the dish.

[We should be looking for the others and figure out a way of getting off this damn world] thought Zelgadis as he rose up from chair.

"YEAH! FREE FOOD AT LAST!" Lina exclaimed as her stomach started to make some noises.

"Excuse me for my companion's actions . . . she likes this when she is hungry, normally she a rabid hungry little . . ." Zelgadis immediately ducked instinctually as Lina threw a punch at him.

"Just shut up!" Lina shouted as her fist missed the Chimera guy. "We accepting her hospitality, better make the most of it." She whispered.

Zelgadis shook his head. "Like I said before I was . . . interrupted. She always like . . . "

"FIREBALL!" Lina shouted and raised her left hand. Zelgadis cringed and closed his eyes. He knew that the moment she yellowed out that word, the place would go to be up in smoke in the next seconds. Zelgadis felt that something was terribly wrong and opened his eyes slowly and saw that everything was still there, not burnt to cinders.

"Erm . . . Lina?" Zelgadis was confused as he didn't hear the usual sounds that accompany the Lina's fireball spell.

"I don't know!" Lina said as she looked in disbelief at her hands at what just happened.

"Maybe it's that time of the month or something." Zelgadis suggested as he tried to figure out what was the cause.

"FIREBALL!" Lina shouted again and resulted in the spell not working. "Hey . . . what gives?"

"Hmm . . . this is a mystery. Well . . . it was working a while ago so it can't be me! And no it isn't that time yet!"" Lina countered and kicked him in the shin.

"What did you go and do that for!" Zelgadis snapped. [Hang on a second . . .]

Zelgadis suddenly realised that perhaps something was blocking out Lina's spell casting ability but who on this world had the ability to block Lina's powers. The time he had spent here, not once did he detect a powerful magical aura or weapon so it meant that someone or something was carefully concealing their magical signature from both his and Lina's senses.

"Both of you acted like a married couple," Ukyo said as she continued on with her cooking, slowly pouring the batter mixture on the hot grill. Both Lina and Zelgadis turned their attention from one another towards the brown hair girl who happily whistling a tune as she cooked.

"Who are you really?" Zelgadis and Lina said accusingly at the same time as there was something about her that seemed too normal or perhaps strange for her to be acting this way.

"Like I said before, Ukyo Kounji, Okonomiyaki Chef," she said as she handled Lina the freshly cooked Okonomiyaki.

"I see . . ." Zelgadis said. [Hmm . . . there aren't any magical signatures coming directly from her.] He then happened to notice the pearl white bracelet on her wrist that was just barely concealed by her uniform.

[Hmm . . . what is that? There seemed to be strong magic around it.] Zelgadis thought.

"You don't seem to be around here and I don't you were born here. So where are you from?" Ukyo asked as she added the final ingredients.

"We're just visiting, we are from a place far away, and it's not even on the map." Zelgadis said, hoping that she would take his buff.

"Oh . . . well, I hope you enjoy your visit here." She said cheerfully.

"Mmm . . . this looks great." Lina was about to eat the Okonomiyaki when she felt a hand on her shoulder and looked up to see Zelgadis shaking his head, telling her not to eat it. Lina blinked and looked cautiously at the plate served in front of her.

"Aren't you going to eat it?" Ukyo asked slightly hurt expression as the dish was beginning to get cold. Zelgadis was beginning to get suspicious of Ukyo's actions and was wondering about her motives for bring them here.

Ukyo waited for a bit before reaching over to retrieve the plate of food but Lina had other ideas as she quickly eat the entire Okonomiyaki in one go. Zelgadis blinked at the empty plate then at Lina who still chewing down the food.

[She is so much like Ranchan] Ukyo giggled and smiled at Lina's actions. "So I take it that you do like it."

Lina nodded in approval, unable to talk for a bit because she was still chewing and swallowing down the food. Zelgadis pulled up a chair and sat beside Lina wondering what it would take for him to stop thinking about food and focus on other issues like finding the others and getting back home. Zelgadis also checked to see if Lina was alright from eating the Okonomiyaki.

"Yeah, that was great!"

Zelgadis sighed and gave in, he was also feeling particular hungry has he hadn't eaten for quite a while now and repeated to himself that he needed to keep up with his strength. He didn't sense of danger nor smell anything unusual in the food that the brown hair girl was making.

"Can I have one?" he said.

Ukyo smiled. "Sure, that will be two special Okonomiyaki, coming right up."

A few hours later . . .

Ukyo wiped the sweat off her forehead with the back of her hand as Lina Inverse and Zelgadis were now asleep and wouldn't be waking up in the next twelve hours or so. The slow delaying sleeping potion that she managed to put into the Okonomiyaki. She knew that there was a chance of being detected especially from the Chimera guy. Lucky for her, their stomach were the main driving force rather than their common senses and suspicions. Somehow she managed to drag both of them up the stairs and dumping them in the second spare room before returning downstairs to finally clean up the rest of the restaurant and also to think about what she was going to with them.

[Hmm . . . I wonder what they are really here for. It's not like they going to start taking over the place with their magic?] Ukyo thought as she wiped the tables clean before stacking the chair on top of them.

She then looked out of the window and looked out with a saddened smile as she placed her hand over her heart. She then looked down at her bracelet and smiled softly, she knew that Ran . . . err . . . Ranma would do what he was entrusted to do and soon she would be reunited with him. She was also scared of what Ranma might say or react when he eventually finds out the truth about her, she was scared that he might abandoned her for lying to him for putting up this deception ever since Ranma met the Tendo family. She then reached inside her uniform and pulled out what seemed to be an odd looking fashionable pen or stick.

"I wonder what the reaction of the Princess would be if I showed up unexpected?" she wondered as she raised the pen above her head and started to recall the words that would drop her disguise and begin the transformation.

At the last moment she stopped and lowered her Henshin pen. She wouldn't reveal herself until the last moment plus she had to figure out what to do with Lina and Zelgadis.

"Now isn't the time," she said to herself and carefully put away her pen. [I'm sure that Princess Serenity and her scouts can handle anything thrown at them for now.]

[I do hope that Ranchan is doing okay. I miss him so much.] She thought and sat down and switch on the television set she recently bought to entertain the punters.

"TOP STORY: NEW SAILOR SCOUT REPORTED!" was the main headline on the nine o'clock news.

"RECENT PICTURES AND EYE WITNESSES IN JUUBAN CONFIRM APPEARANCE OF A NEW RIVAL SAILOR SCOUT!"

Ukyo placed a hand over face and sighed. Her forehead banged against the counter as she could believe what was showing on the news channel.

[This is not happening! I must be imagining this stuff up.]

XXXXX

Past . . . Star Battlecruiser the Prometheus

Walking along the main corridor that lead up towards the central command bridge of the Saturn flagship the Prometheus was the respected Commander Taris Madok which he was quite distinguishable amongst the young cadets and officers. Along the way, officers and technical staff stopped and saluted before moving along to continue on with their duties. He was walking along past the corridor windows, starring out into space. Underneath his arm was a confidential data slate and smiled when he saw a familiar pigtailed officer just entering the corridor.

Taris greeted the officer and his old friend with an open hand.

"I'm glad you FINALLY made it onboard, Commander Ran Greystar. What took you and why didn't you contact me where you were?" Taris inquired.

Ranma firmly shook his hand whilst scratch the back of his head with other in slight embarrassment.

"Long story . . . trust me." Ranma said.

Taris raised an eyebrow in a mixture of curiosity and intrigued. "I will look forward to your submitted report; care to tell me about it?"

"She wouldn't let me leave until I reassured her about fifty times that I would be back before she knew it. She wanted to know where I was going and what I intended to do, it wasn't until I mentioned that I mentioned that I was going on a routine expedition on the outer perimeter that she let me go . . . reluctantly." Ranma explained briefly.

Taris used his index finger and thumb and clasp the bridge of his nose before sighing deeply.

"You had to mention me didn't you? NOW I have to keep eye on you, come on, we still have our duties to attend to and . . ."

"There is one little thing I have to ask you . . ." Ranma said as he suddenly found the ship's floor very interesting.

Taris sighed and had an irritated look but deep down, he was glad to see Ranma acting this way.

[It's good to see the old Ran back.] Taris thought and gestured for him to carry on. "So what is it?"

"Well, I need to ask you to give me some more time off just to be with the Princess, it was one of the conditions that she set in order for me to be here."

"Ran, you already had enough time, more than any other officers allowed for your rank. You know about our strict military policy." Taris explained.

"I had no choice either that or I wouldn't be here. Come on, Taris . . . give me a bit of room why don't you for old time's sakes."

Taris sighed again. "Oh alright for old times sakes, just because we go way back, just don't do it again. Our officers look up to you as a role model. Leave it up to me, she can be a little stubborn and selfish sometimes but she is our Princess. Heh . . . I already know that she could use her royal connection to permanently make you stay on Saturn. We do need your expertise in warfare and training." Taris placed his hand on Ranma's shoulder. "Don't say anything to her of what I just said otherwise I'm a dead man."

Ranma smirked and nodded in understanding. "Sure thing, my lips are sealed. So Taris, where are we heading?"

Taris took the data slate that was underneath his arm and looked at the information being displayed.

"According to the schedule, we are heading towards Titan orbital space station then heading to Pluto where the Plutonian Royal Court have requested our assistance."

"Do you why?" Ranma inquired, wanting to know why they were going to Pluto.

Taris shook his head. "I don't know, but we find out when we get there."

Ranma nodded, "I suppose you're right. So where are you heading right now?"

"I'm going to see Admiral Kyle on the command bridge. There are things I want to get sorted before we arrived at our chosen destination." Taris answered. "Where are you heading right now?"

"The observational deck," Ranma said. "There are some things on my mind that had been nagging me a few days ago."

"Hmm . . . the quickest way to the observational deck is through the command bridge, care to accompany me?" Taris offered.

"Sure," Ranma said politely.

Deep down and relieved, Ranma was actually glad that Taris was leading him to observation deck mainly because, for the past hour or so, he had just been wandering around the entire ship. Not having the slightest clue where the observational deck nor where the command bridge. He was afraid to ask any of the officers that he met along the way in case it aroused suspicion as everyone would expected him to know the entire layout of this ship like the back of his hand. It was just that his memories about military intelligences and structures were still a bit hazy.

Taris smiled as walked past Ranma with his hands clasped together behind his back, looking through the corridor windows at the darkness of space, lit up by the stars. Ranma followed suit and quickened his pace to catch up with the commander.

"What seems to be on your mind, old friend?" Taris asked as soon as Ranma was walking beside him. He smiled when he saw the startled look in Ranma's eyes.

"How did you know?" Ranma asked. He was surprised at how Taris could read him so easily.

.Taris grinned. "Ran, in my entire career as overall Supreme Commander of Saturn forces, I have met people of all sorts and I have always been a good judge of character. Put it this way, you're not the hardest person to read."

Ranma chuckled as Taris smiled.

"So . . . care to talk about it?"

"Erm . . . I'm not sure if this appropriate especially to you." Ranma said, slightly unsure.

"Oh, come on, Ran. You can tell me anything, like you said, we go back along way."

Taris knew that it was something important when he saw Ranma looking over his shoulder to see if they were alone before turning his attention to him. Taris had a feeling of what Ranma was about to ask him but decided to feint ignorance to play it out.

"Taris . . . please do not be offended about what I'm going to say." Taris nodded slightly.

"Right . . . well, when I was checking our group deployment positions of both our ground forces and orbital fleet. I have notice our elite units were being redeployed here in our orbital dockyards or stationed on our barracks on our military complex. I also found out that someone at the top were the one who authorised these changes which you have been constantly been reinforcing our planetary defences during the past few years. Lastly this ship, the Prometheus plus Pandora Star and the Calyposo, three of our heaviest star battlecruisers are also here on our ship's roster and already on a state of alertness." Ranma stated.

Taris blinked and smiled. "Whoa . . . well, Ran. You have been busy, thorough as always. I'm glad to see you're back to your old self."

"Erm . . . thanks." Ranma accepted his compliment.

Suddenly Taris' expression turned serious as he looked him right into his eye.

"Now, what are you trying to get at, Ran?" Taris inquired. There was clearly a slight edge to his tone of voice. "Are you accusing me of something?"

Ranma was taken back by his tone but quickly remained calm and composed and returned the look.

"Oh, nothing really . . . except for why do we seem to be preparing for war."

Taris feint a look of disgust of being accused by Ranma. He wanted to know how much Ranma knew before making his next move.

Ranma looked over his shoulder. "Is there somewhere we can talk about this in private?"

"Come with me," Taris said as he led him into an unoccupied room.

A few minutes later . . .

"Now, Ran Greystar," Taris said in stern tone as he rested his elbows on the table and laced his fingers in triangular arc in a classic commander stance. "What was it that you were saying?"

Ranma turned and placed down two cups of hot coffee before pulling up a chair.

"Taris . . . you know what I mean, I know how you think." Ranma paused and took a sip of the coffee. "You are one of the best strategists in the whole system. The formations and movements are carefully planned and so well concealed that it would take a keen eye and a deep knowledge of how you think to actually see the grand picture."

Taris took a sip of his coffee before giving a slight nod for Ranma to continue.

Ranma placed his cup down. "At first when I was accessing the military records, I happened to notice at certain points which seemed odd at first but when I cross reference them with previous battles, I found something very interesting."

"Which is?" Taris inquired.

Ranma paused to think about his next choice of words.

"Our current force strength is more than enough for our current strategic requirements. What is with the additional reinforcements and build up of our main forces around Saturn's rings? So please explained to me the reasons for justifying your actions," Ranma said, demanding to know what Taris was planning.

"I see, then you are accusing me," Taris rubbed his forehead in slight annoyance. A few minutes of silences pasted between the two commanders. Ranma waited patiently for him to think of reply to his question.

"Ran," Taris said quietly and then started to explain each point that Ranma just made. "The reason for the sudden redeployment and formation movements is that we are just completed restructuring in order to implement our new tactical formation strategy. Secondary, if you care to check our recent military logs, you will the units you mentioned have been at the forefront of every single battle engagement. Just like us, they need a break and rest whilst new units earn some battle experience. We are sending out our fresh battle groups to replace the exhausted and weary, it's just standard military policy." Taris explained. "Thirdly, our three star battlecruisers are here because they are in need for desperately needed refits and repairs whilst at the same time upgrading their weapons and sensory technology. As you can see, the Prometheus is doing nicely, remembering how badly it was damaged during that incident."

Ranma nodded slightly like he understood what Taris was referring to but in reality he didn't have the slightest clue of what that incident was.

"Ran . . ." Taris rubbed his forehead. "I am here because I want to protect my home planet. The Royal House of Saturn has entrusted with this position of power and I will abuse it for my own personal gain. I am loyal servant to the house of Saturn just like you. I am not going to risk the peace of our planet by starting a war nor will I want to be part of one." Taris temporary lost control of his temper and bought his hand down on the table, causing his coffee to spill over the table.

Taris sighed and got up to find a cloth to clean up the mess. Ranma was surprised and shock by Taris sudden outburst, he felt ashamed and bowed his head. His explanation seemed to be the most logical answer as Taris returned with a blue towel.

"Taris, I'm sorry for accusing you, I shouldn't have doubted you. Please accept my sincere apologises and . . ."

Ranma looked up when he felt Taris' hand on his shoulder.

"Please, let's not talk about this anymore. In this harsh game that we play, we have a few friends that we can rely on and trust . . . you are one of them that I can trust in." Taris grinned as Ranma's face reflected his grin. "To be honest, I'm kinda glad that you notice these things."

Confusion clearly spread across Ranma's face. "Erm . . . why is that?"

Taris grinned grew. "Because it means that you haven't lost your touch or sense of vision in battle since you were gone. That reminds me, you still haven't submitted in your report for your disappearance."

"Thanks, Taris. I promise that the report will be on your desk as soon as possible. I . . . erm . . . well, you see, I been busy with, well you know."

"Yeah, I do know. It will be interesting read, won't it?" Taris smirked as Ranma turned slightly red in embarrassment.

Taris took his seat again and relaxed. "Now is there anything else you want to say to me apart from accusing me of starting a war or vendetta against the other houses."

"Well there is one thing." Ranma said quietly.

"Ah . . . I assume it's about the Princess." Taris said.

"How did you know?" Ranma said surprisingly.

Taris shrugged. "Lucky guess, so . . . care to talk about it?"

"Don't you have anything else to go . . . like seeing Admiral Kyle." Ranma said.

"I was about to say the same thing for you. What was it that you were going . . . the observational deck?" Taris countered sharply. "I'm quite sure that Admiral Kyle will understand for the delay and I sure you can hold on what you were planning to do."

"Yeah, I suppose," Ranma replied and simply stared at his half empty coffee cup. "It's just that I keep having these bad feelings and dream like something bad will happen soon."

"These feeling and dreams concerned the Princess?" Taris asked.

Ranma nodded. "It's just that, I don't think I won't be there when she needs me the most. I hate this feeling of helpless." Ranma admitted his true feeling about the situation placed on his shoulder.

Taris listened closely to every word. It just seemed unusual for Ran to be acting like this was the thought going through Taris' mind. It was mainly because in all his years in knowing him. Ran would normally be supremely confident of his abilities and wouldn't have a single doubt in his body but then again, what ever happened to him during his disappearance may have affected him mentally than physically.

"Ran," Taris said. Ranma looked up.

"Princess Hotaru is a strong woman. Since her awakening and acceptance of the role of the Senshi of the Silence, she has been very good in her duties that the title holds. It is clear as the morning sky that she cares for you deeply and would do anything for you. In fact if it wasn't for the rumours from those narrow minded idiots from the other planets, she probably would be the most liked Princess in the whole system including Serenity's daughter." Taris said softly. "Ran, let me give you a word of advice."

"The Princess of Saturn is very precious not just to you but to all of us that serve the royal family of Saturn. We would gladly sell our lives to protect her, her happiness is our happiness. We are just mere mortals to them, well maybe except for you, if you know what I mean. Do you understand what I am trying to say to you?"

"I think so," Ranma nodded. [Heh . . . if only he knew but then again I think he knew from the start anyway]

Taris face started to darken and a serious expression emerged. "You were gone a long time, Ran Greystar . . . we had feared the worse for you, and no one took it the hardest than the Princess of Saturn. No one knew where you gone or not even Queen Serenity herself could determine you location, so you see why we were surprised to see you appeared from nowhere back on Saturn. Not even our military defence monitors and security around the palace sensed your arrival."

"I know, it will all be in the report," Ranma said and bowed his head.

"Cheer up, Ran. There is really no need to get depressed about all of this. Just as long as you aren't going anyway on your trips, I can sleep easily from now on and I will do what's in my power to make sure that those dreams will never come true, okay?"

Ranma smiled a little. "Thanks."

Taris started to chuckle a little as a thought popped into his head. Ranma raised a curious eyebrow.

"Heh . . . I don't know how you managed to come back but I'm glad that you did. Otherwise I might have gone and dragged you ass back from where you disappeared to. The Saturn Military has the best pathfinders and trackers in the whole system. Deep down I knew that you would come back eventually especially for a certain princess." Taris then pulled out a small data display and slid it across the table.

Ranma looked at the small data slate before picking it up. "What is it?"

"It's your genetic profile that I just received from the intelligence. It confirms that you are really Ran Greystar, Commander of the 2nd Saturn Defence Home Fleet and appointed bodyguard to the Princess Hotaru."

"WHAT!" Ranma exclaimed. "You had me checked out without asking me!"

Taris waved his hand. "Calm down Ran, it's just standard military policy. This just removes all doubt about who you really are. I'm sorry about this but one cannot be too careful about these things, you must understand. It was all for the security of Saturn."

Ranma sighed deeply and placed his elbow on the table as he rubbed his forehead. "I suppose . . . I would have done the same if the roles were reversed. It's just that . . ."

Taris was about to add something more when a small faint beeping sound was heard. Taris immediately checked his wrist communicator and looked at the flash symbol that indicated to him that it was a priority one message. Suddenly a small hologram of a dark haired bearded man appeared.

"Admiral Kyle," Taris said.

"Commander Taris," The Admiral said, "Is Commander Ran Greystar with you?"

Taris nodded as Ranma waved. "Yeah, I'm here."

"Admiral, I suppose you have something to discuss?" Taris asked.

"Yes, Commander, we have new contact, eight thousand kilometres from our port side," reported Kyle. "Sensors have detected a massive energy spike on our mid range scanners and is approaching fast."

"Admiral, what is our location?" Taris demanded.

"We have just entering into Plutonian Space," Admiral Kyle paused as one of his officers whispered something into his ear. "It's a destroyer class ship but we are unable to identify its class designation or type but judging by the energy reading we are receiving, it hasn't raised it shield nor charged it weapons." The Admiral reported quickly. "What is our next course of action, commander?"

"Hmm . . . use your own judgement, Admiral. Do not fire unless fired upon, we don't want who ever these guys are to get the wrong impression. We shall shortly join with you on the command bridge."

"I understand, Commander Taris."

Admiral Kyle faced then disappeared as Taris closed the communication channel down. Taris then turned to face Ranma. "We better not keep the Admiral waiting, shall we go?"

Ranma nodded silently.

A few hours later . . .

"That was a waste of time," Taris said bitterly.

The destroyer was on a routine patrol who was not informed about their schedule travel through Plutonian Space. He had just spent the last few hours explaining to the idiots on the destroyer that they received authorisation from the Royal Court of Pluto. Ranma had just gone up to observation deck like he had said before whilst he decide to get some rest before meeting the military leaders of Plutonian forces, he knew it was going to be a long hard day that was awaiting for him as soon as they reached the outer space station where the meeting was to be held. Entering his quarters, Taris sat down and leaned against his comfortable commander's chair in his personal quarters. He was about to retrieve a bottle and a glass from his cabinet to relieve his stress when he heard a small beeping sound. Taris sighed as he had to answer to communication before anything else and activated a few hidden runes symbols on his desk.

"Commander Taris," Admiral Kyle was heard on the intercom in his quarters.

[What is it now?] Taris thought as he switched on the communicator screen on his desk.

"Yes, Admiral Kyle? Is there something wrong?"

"No," Kyle said, "But we do have a level alpha security clearance encrypted message for you."

"Do you know who the sender is?" asked Taris. "No . . . but it's definitely for you."

Taris thought for moment before deciding. "Very well, send it to my desk."

"Transmitting it now," Kyle said as Taris started at the monitor. "Transmission is now complete . . . Admiral Kyle signing out."

Taris then clasped his hands together, placing his elbows on his desk and allowed a few moments of thought to pass before turning to the encrypted message on the table, without even decoding it, he already had a feeling of who it was that had sent him this message.

"Activate Voice Security Recognition," he said as a small beep was heard. "Supreme Commander Taris Madok of the Saturn Military forces, Lord of Rhea and entrusted advisor to Queen Shonai . . . decryption code seven alpha nine."

"VOICE RECONGNITION ACCEPTED . . . DECRYPTING NOW."

" . . ." Taris' eyes widened as the coded message started to unravel and quickly read the message.

[Hmm . . . it's unexpected especially for her; still it sounds like a trap. I'll better bring along someone to watch my back.] Taris thought for awhile.

Taris then reached for his intercom and activated a blue rune. "Admiral Kyle . . . I want my shuttle prepared in the next hour, also find Commander Ran and tell him to meet me in launch bay six."

"Understood Commander . . . may I ask what is your destination." Kyle inquired.

Taris smiled.

XXXXX

Immortal Realm . . .

White haired Priestess Lorena placed her staff down on the wooden table and sighed as she brushed back her long hair from her face. She leaned forward and placed both hands on the table with her back towards Chaos.

"I already know why you are here, why you have journeyed here risking your immortal being to reach me. It's a hopeless cause."

"Oh . . ." Chaos said slightly surprised.

"The Death of Worlds will come, no matter what you do. You see . . . the Light and the Dark are two avatars of the same Angel.

Chaos struggled to make sense of Lorena's words. [What is she talking about?]

"It is said that the Death of Worlds waits to be born in this galaxy. Neither you nor your immortal 'friends' can prevent it from happening . . ."

[Damn . . . the Death of Worlds is sure one powerful creature] Chaos thought.

"What I don't understand is what does this have to do with my son. He shouldn't have any part in your twisted games. He has suffered enough through the ages; his powers and the ones he had loved have been stripped away from him including his own mother because of what he was destined to become."

Chaos reminded silent as he listened to what the powerful sorceress, deciding not to say anything in case of retribution.

"The Death of Worlds is death incarnate. Its dreams are the stuff of every single mortal race's nightmares, becoming the very image of their doom." Lorena shook her head slightly. "But enough of the doom and gloom about the Death of Worlds. How is my son? I expect he is doing well for himself."

[Uh oh . . . better not mention his life in Nerima, she going to flip if she ever hears about this . . . hmm . . . goodbye Nerima forever] Chaos thought. "Fine . . . in fact, he engaged to a Princess."

Chaos could have sworn that Lorena smiled upon hearing his engagement.

"What are you thinking right now?" Lorena asked curiously looking directly at him. Chaos immediately dismissed the thought in case she managed to pick up his thoughts.

"It's nothing, just admiring the room, yeah, that's it admiring . . ." Chaos waved his hands in warding gestures.

"Hmm . . ." Lorena stared at Chaos with her mirror like eyes, seeing his reflection in them before she turned around to gather something from a small cabinet at the far end of the ice cavern. She looked at the small vial that she took and carefully swallowed the clear liquid, she coughed a little as the mysterious properties started to take effect.

"Will you help me . . ." asked Chaos and grinning with confidence that she would agree to help.

[What was that vial anyway?] Chaos thought as he saw her lifting her head up.

Lorena glanced over her shoulder to face the robed immortal with a hard stare before looking at a cavern wall where several large ancient runes were carved from the ice.

"No . . ." Lorena said in firm tone of voice and continued to walk towards the table.

"I think we have said enough, leave me in peace." She added as she saw Chaos's smile vanish instant beneath his hood.

"I see . . ." Chaos said. There was disappointment clearly in his voice as he rose to his feet.

"Well . . . I'm sorry for wasting your time . . . erm . . ." Chaos looked around the cavern and found there wasn't a door or an exit anywhere. "So . . . you don't suppose you can give me a hand."

Lorena turned around and walked up to him with a smile that was beginning to unsettle him. As soon as she was within a foot away from him, Chaos immediately started to prepare himself for a force bolt as soon as she raised her right hand. Suddenly there was a bright flash of light and on the far side of the wall. Chaos stared at the swirling portal. He was slightly in awe at Lorena's powers as it would take immense concentration to actually connect a gateway between the immortal realm and the restricted realm. His suspicions about the portal were confirmed when he gently probed the magical doorway and found there was no traps.

"Here . . . go through there and you be right back with your own kind, now leave before I change my mind." Lorena said in a threatening tone.

Chaos was about to protest but felt his danger senses increasing by tenfold and quietly left, feeling slightly uneasy and disappointed, he was sure that Lorena would gladly help his son and his plan.

As soon as Chaos stepped into the portal, she waited until the portal closed up completely before walking towards the cavern wall with the runes. The cavern wall suddenly departed revealing a short path that led into the crystallised room with black granite stone set into the floors with more runes imbedded into the walls and ceilings. Powerful magical and mystic energy swirled through out the cavern as Lorena looked down at the ground. She raised her left hand and started chanting a few words in her native tongue. There was a sudden crack of energy as the mystic energy started to swirl around her as ghostly spirited creatures. These were the guardians of this sacred chamber started to flow through her as runic tattoos started to appear along her arms and from her forehead that ran down her neck. After a few moments, a few of the black granite floor started to light up that led towards the centre of the cavern. Lorena smiled softly as she started to walk along. In the centre of the circular room was a column of changing colours. Lorena stepped towards the column of light.

[I might have said no to that Immortal, I will not become part of his game nor anyone else. Hmm . . . but if this concerns my son . . . I will do it on my terms and my way!] Lorena smiled grew even more as she reached into the column of multitude of coloured light.

Lorena then pulled out what seemed to be an ordinary wooden staff with the exception of glowing ancient runes etched along the entire length. The runes along the length started to fade away as the mystic energy of the user of the staff wasn't present. At one end of the stave were three bands of gold and silver. The wooden stave was harder than any substance found in the mortal world yet the weight and the feel of the staff was like an ordinary quarterstaff. It contains a potent force that is unleashed at will by the power of the user such as powerful beams of destructive elemental power or the curative powers to heal any wound or injuries including those who are mortally wounded except for those who have pass the borders of life depending on the user's experience and ability.

The tiny marking along the stave suggested to Lorena that the awesome power was once used to defeat a powerful deity which all the Gods and Goddess were helpless to intervene for reasons unknown. Hundreds of planets were bleed dry of all life and energy, leaving nothing alive and it only took just one powerful mortal to banish the deity of darkness and light back to where it came from. The deity was forever sealed in its own dimensional prison and everything should have returned back to normal . . . but didn't.

For you see, the reason why Lorena was so bitter and the resentment she held against all the immortals creatures and divine deities of Gods and Goddess wasn't just a petty hate . . . no, it was because of what they did to her mortal son, Ran Greystar. In a perfect world, in a perfect universe where everything was fair and balance, Ran would have returned back to his island home and live out his mortal life to the fullest and Lorena hoped for some mortal grandchildren later with someone who truly cared for him but it wasn't to be . . .

The Gods and Goddess were afraid . . . afraid that a petty mortal would have the divine power to upset the great balance. It was ironic that they would be afraid of him as they knew from the start, his potent abilities considering that this wasn't the first time they used mortals heroes to do there dirty business, combating creatures of the dark and demons.

Lorena blinked as she looked the stave in her hand as a brief flashback of that event appeared.

[I hate them all] She thought as the immortals did nothing nor her own people intervene to prevent what was about to fall on Ranma.

The Gods and Goddess decided to strike when Ran was at his most vulnerable, completely exhausted and drained of all of his energies where he least expected under the false pretence of being 'the good guys' they struck without mercy on the weakened mortal. Lorena realised that something was wrong and was about to rush towards where her mortal son was but was held back by her own people not to intervene which she later found out they had secretly made a pact with the Gods and Goddess without her knowledge nor did her son. Ran's physical body was completely destroyed and his spirit was cast into the void. He didn't even had the chance to realise what happened that he was betrayed by those he trusted after all he had done for them.

Lorena was absolutely enraged by the fact that her people had betrayed her and her son. In the last ditch attempt, Lorena used all of her experience and powers to retrieve her son's spirit which she barely succeeded. She also knew that by bring her son into his own home universe would cause her son terribly suffering and would be hounded for all eternity by them. Deeply saddened and almost on the blink of tears, she knew exactly what to do. She gathered her all powers in a spell that would permanently affect him, his divine aura was be forever masked in the swirling voids of darkness . . . in essence, a chaotic aura. She then cast her mortal son into a carefully selected universe where they would not know of him or his abilities.

His memories about mystic and magical powers would be locked up in his staff and his life as the Grandmaster Wizard and Lorena's son would be sealed forever in a white pearl bracelet. The only memories that he would retain would be his martial skills and non related mystic or magical abilities. Upon his arrival in the universe that she had selected, Ran Greystar would also retain his name and would be at the physical age of twelve, hoping that she had done enough for Ran. Unfortunately her actions were against the forbidden laws of her people and she was subsequently banished, never to return nor contact her people. To be honest she didn't give a damn about her own people and sought out to find somewhere that she wouldn't be bothered or pursued after, adapting and developing her own abilities to the harsh surrounding.

[I think he will need this now] Lorena thought as she carefully wrapped the staff in a purple magic cloth. [Hmm . . . what am I'm going to do?]

As Lorena turned to leave the cavern, a thought passed in her head which she suddenly stopped.

[Hmm . . . how did Chaos know that Ran was my son? None of the immortals in this universe should ever know about this fact so . . . how did he know?] Lorena tightened her grip around the stave. [No matter . . . if Chaos has revealed this to the other stupid immortals, there will be hell to pay.]

XXXXX

Past . . . at the Plutonian Monitoring Station

Constructed in a hardened bunker located deep in the ice mountains was the orbital defence control which was responsible for the monitoring aerial traffic in the entire northern region including the Plutonian Royal Palace. It was heavily fortified and fully self contained, with its own energy grid and reserve power supplies that would allow it to defend the Royal Palace and its inhabitants for up to a year without primary palace.

Lieutenant Aries sat at her control panel, sweeping the space for any unauthorised traffic. Her commanding officer had his back to her at the command console staring at the various screens projecting various pieces of information.

She then notices an unscheduled ship entering into the sector and quickly ran a scanner on the identification of the ship. It was definitively a Saturn ship, personal shuttle class as it quickly ran across her sensory range.

"Sir, I've got this signal on sector 5-G, it's heading straight towards the palace and . . ." She began.

"I know about it, Lieutenant Aries. Everything has been properly logged. I have received authorisation from Princess of Pluto personally," the commanding officer was standing directly behind the Lieutenant.

"Oh, I see . . . well I'm going to log this in the daily reports and . . ."

"No," he whispered, leaning close to her ear.

"This ship was not here and you did not pick it up on your sensors. Understood?"

Lieutenant Aries didn't, but she wasn't going to tell him that and switched to another sector of space. Aries thought that if he was acting under the strict orders of the Princess of Pluto also known as the Senshi of Time. She wasn't going to argue against those orders nor did she want to be summoning to the Royal Court for disobeying the royal order.

Elsewhere in space . . .

A crouching warrior silently made his way towards the dark throne room where a tall, strikingly raven haired woman, dressed in a long black and purple cloak and gown which parts to reveal the polished hilt of a silver longsword. Her bearing suggests great power and magic. The crouching warrior stopped within a few feet away from the woman. The pale skinned red haired woman was currently preoccupied with a large crystallised sphere.

A few moments of silence pasted until the woman felt the presences of one her lowly servants crouched and bowed deeply.

"Yes?" she said, not taking her eyes off the sphere or turning to face the servant.

"Mistress Beryl . . . our preparations are almost complete and on time. We are ready at your command."

The woman smiled. "You have done well, now we shall play the waiting game. Now it's up to my sister to fulfil her part in the whole affair." She said as she watched the image of a green haired woman entering the palace.

"Soon we shall all get what we want."

TBC . . .

XXXXX

Author Notes:

KEYS to Timelines . . .

Past - Silver Millennium (Queen Serenity and her Royal Court)
Immortal Realm - None
Present - Present Time (Ranma 1/2 and Sailor Moon)
Future - Unknown

Please send your comments and constructive criticism to: pnmonty@hotmail.com

Version 1.0: 29/12/04