Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ Across the Stars ❯ The Shocking Truth ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Not mine, gee where do you people get your ideas. ^_^

Summary: Akane Tendou has always had unusual strength for a female, she does not know the potential she actually has to be even better. Another marriage arrangement comes back to bite Soun in the behind. He's got some explaining to do.

Across the Stars

Episode 1-The Startling Truth

The stars twinkled brightly in the dark curtain known as space, planet Earth so blue and pretty shone like a dazzling sapphire in the eternal darkness. Around the Earth's boarders, Kiyone sat on patrol with Mihoshi when a transmission fizzled in. Kiyone immediately saluted while Mihoshi jumped and cried from spilling her hot tea all over the front of her uniform.

"Yes colonel Aoshi, this is First Officer Kiyone."

Colonel Aoshi nodded once. "A Juraian imperial ship is heading towards Earth's atmosphere let them pass."

"Sir if I may ask, why is an imperial ship heading towards Earth?"

"A meeting with Yosho, we are aware he is residing on that planet under the alias Katsuhito. Let them pass without fail." Aoshi's face disappeared from the screen.

Mihoshi stuffed a cookie into her mouth. "I wonder what the meeting is about, what do you think Kiyone?"

Kiyone's brows knitted together. "I don't know Mihoshi, but as soon as the imperial ship passes, we will find out." It wasn't long before the very large Juraian imperial ship flew by them; she had always been amazed at the amount of fire power they had. It was a good thing Juraians weren't conquerors or it would be disastrous for all.

By the time Kiyone and Mihoshi landed on planet Earth, Katsushito or should I say Yosho was already in his meeting. It was when they walked into the living room that they learned of what truly devastating event was to take place. Azaka and Kamadake both had their arms folded across their chests as they were also listening to the news

"This has got to be a joke!" The cyan haired space pirate shouted.

"It is no joke," The Juraian ambassador Akito Oyama in a black kimono with a gold obi and an over robe to match, said calmly.

Ryoko shook her head, and it was then that Princess Ayeka spoke up.

"Ambassador Oyama, is this the absolute truth?" Ayeka did not like this news, but she knew about contracts and nothing could break them. She felt her heart shattering into pieces with this recent development.

Oyama nodded. "I am sorry your highness, but there is an iron clad contract." He brought out the document, seeing Achika's name written on it.

"Oh yeah! We'll then I'll take care of that!" Gold energy disks flew out of Ryoko's hand as she fired them at the document. The energy disks hit the paper but nothing was happening to it, it wasn't even charred. It was as good as new. "What is this?!"

"It is an unbreakable contract." He cleared his throat and put the contract back in its sacred box, made of black lacquer with pearl cranes on the lid.

"It is very possible that Achika did not know what she was signing." Yosho finally spoke up.

Oyama shook his head. "Ignorance is no excuse, she signed it. It must be carried out for the good of the planet. Even you know the honor in contracts, they must be upheld."

"But he had refused the throne before," Ayeka said quietly. "You can not force it on him. Especially force this absurd arrangement on him, which he had no prior knowledge of." Ayeka sounded very diplomatic.

"That's right!" Ryoko said. She was about to say more when the front door opened and Tenchi walked in, he was home from school.

"Hey everyone," Tenchi said coming into the living room; he stopped short seeing their guests. "What's going on?"

Katsuhito was about to reply when Washu along with the personal secretary to the ambassador, Ishi Tomo, came out of the lab.

"We have located the girl." Ishi said with pride.

Oyama looked sharply at him. "And where is she?"

Washu would answer this question. "It seems the missing girl has been located in the Nermia district of Tokyo."

"Missing girl?" Tenchi scratched the back of his neck.

"Yes your betrothed." Oyama said without missing a beat as if something like that was as common as speaking of the weather.

"My what?!" Tenchi nearly fell over from shock.

Oyama couldn't help the grin crossing his features. "Your intended, your bride perhaps? What else would you call it?"

Tenchi waved his hands in the air wildly. "I didn't mean that, I know what betrothed means." He felt so frustrated and he looked at the other girls. Ayeka had her head bowed, Sasami looked ready to cry, while Mihoshi was crying already silent tears streaming down her face, and Kiyone looked shocked as she stood there with her mouth open. Washu was grinning, of course that didn't strike him oddly at all. He lastly took a look at Ryoko, she looked absolutely furious her arms were crossed in front of her, pushing up her already large bosom. Tenchi turned away to avert his eyes from that particular body part. He gave his attention back to this Juraian official. "But just who is this girl? I've never heard of such a stupid thing. This has got to be some kind of joke me having a woman I have never even heard of as an intended."

"It was decided long ago, in fact you two are only a year apart." Oyama was looking at the document. "Although, we do not know her name."

All of them face faulted and fell over with this news.

Ryoko got in Oyama's face. "What kind of circus act is this!? How could you not know this girl's name!? Tell me so I can go ahead a get rid of her." She grabbed Oyama by the front of his robe.

"It's not that simple!" Oyama struggled in Ryoko's firm grasp and was relieved when she released him. "Lady Ayia, the mother of this girl left Jurai she fled in fear I suppose when she had become pregnant, of course that didn't stop Lord Jin from already pledging his unborn daughter to this young man here. We have a signed written contract between his mother and Lord Jin themselves.

"Then how were you able to find her?" Ayeka asked calmly, on the outside she was docile and calm, but inside she was so angry and hurt. But being first princess left her unable to show her true emotions.

Ishi cleared his throat. "We merely tracked pure Juraian energy and Lord Jin's DNA. This young woman is one hundred percent Juraian, she was easy to pick out."

Yosho who was quiet through most of this conversation finally spoke up. "I am sorry Tenchi, ladies. But this is a completely binding contract, it is out of our hands."

"I don't want to marry some stranger grandpa!" Tenchi yelled in anger.

"Yeah, there has to be something we can do?" Sasami said, her bottom lip trembling.

He understood is grandson's feelings on this, but this was beyond his own desires. Yosho should not have run away all those years ago. But he had, he had not regretted his life. He had acted childish. "Tenchi, this is beyond your feelings and desires. You must put aside yourself for the good of others. I know this is not the way you want to live your life. It is time you took some responsibility."

"But…" Tenchi sighed, in some ways his grandfather was right, but he did not want to give up his right to decide what his life should be. If he had grown up with these ideas maybe it would be different. But Tenchi, he grew up on Earth without having any prior knowledge to any of this. Only when he had gone to rescue the princesses and free Jurai from a false king, and that was when he had learned of what his future held. He had refused all responsibility of the throne at the time, but if one person would have told him once when he was a child that one day he would grow to be a powerful human and the ruler of a powerful planet, perhaps he could accept it easier. But as it is, he would fight this till every ounce of his will was spent.

Ishi was talking quietly with Washu, when her computer printed out something, he looked at the paper. He cringed and turned around. "We were able to get a photo of the girl from Satellite… here." He held it out and before Oyama had taken it in his hands, Tenchi had grabbed it instantly looking at the photo. The girls crept close and looked over his shoulder.

There in the picture was a very pretty teenage girl, her hair was short and blueish black, she was wearing blue dress with a white shirt, her facial expression was angry and her fist was planted firmly into a teenage boy's face, he had black hair in a pigtail, and he was wearing a light blue sleeveless Chinese style shirt and black drawstring pants.

Sasami looked at the picture. "Well at least she's pretty." She said sadly

Ayeka groaned. "Sasami you are not helping the situation."

Walking over to them, Oyama looked at the picture. "She looks a lot like Lady Ayia, she seems to have Lord Jin's temperament though." His sight was narrowed in on the fist that was embedded in the boy's face. "Well no matter we must go and retrieve her and return to Jurai." He looked at Tenchi. "Do you have everything you need?"

"Hmm." Yosho took the picture from Oyama and then cleared his throat. "There is a good chance that the girl doesn't know about any of this, it would be wise to break the news to her gently." He then turned to the girls. "We will be leaving for Tokyo." His eyes shifted to the guardians in the back. "You too."

Azaka nodded. "We go wherever the princesses go."

"Refrain from speaking to the girl first, it should be handled delicately, I shall break the news to her." Yosho announced. He looked down at the picture again he was slightly amused at the photo they had gotten of this girl, he wondered what the boy had done to receive such a blow.

* *

Akane pulled her fist from Ranma's face and she could see he was upset.

"What'd ya hit me for!?" Ranma shouted.

Her eyes narrowed. "What was that with Shampoo?"

"Ugh! How many times do I have to say it: nothing was going on! She doesn't take 'no' for an answer. She just grabs me and stuff. It's like you always think the worst of me."

"I think you like it, you pervert."

Ranma squeezed his hands together tightly. "Man, you are so uncute!"

Her satchel came down atop his head so hard it seemed to make his eyes rattle. "So what, so what if I'm uncute!"

Shampoo standing in back of Ranma shook her head. "Violent pervert girl know that Ranma rather marry Shampoo."

Ranma turned around sharply. "What?! I don't want to marry you, I don't want to marry anyone." He then faced Akane. "Especially some tomboy like you."

"Ranma you jerk!" Akane shouted and kicked him high in the air.

Akane was suddenly grabbed from behind in a hard squeeze. "Akane Tendou, my love, I will rescue you from the sorcery of Saotome. Together we shall explore forbidden passions." Kunoh held onto her while she wiggled from his grasp.

"Ahhh!!" Akane was about to belt him one, when Kunoh received a kick in the back of the head from Ranma who had somehow appeared behind him.

Ranma sighed. "Imagine him being attracted to a mule faced girl like you."

"What did you say Ranma, would you care to repeat that?" Akane growled.

Kunoh rubbed the back of his head and turned around. "Saotome!" He brandished his bokken. "I will defeat you and then the beauteous Akane Tendou will be mine."

"In your dreams pal!" Ranma shouted, taking his fighting stance to beat Kunoh

"Raaanmaaa prepare to die!" Several razor sharp spinning things headed towards Ranma and he jumped away just in time to see Ryouga standing there. "Apologize to Akane right noooowww!!" Ryouga charged.

Akane sucked in a deep breath. "I've had enough of this." She took off in a run, heading for home.

Ranma noticed her leaving, "Akane, Akane wait up." He forgot all about his fights and he took off after her.

"Ranma Saotome, how dare you leave in the middle of a battle you coward." Kunoh shouted, chasing after him. Ryouga was also on his heels as he too chased after Ranma. Shampoo on her bike was not going to let Ranma get away, especially chasing after Akane.

"Ranma, Ranma, Shampoo follow you!" She pedaled faster

They passed by Ukyou's restaurant as she was putting out her shop curtain she noticed Akane running past.

"Hey Akane!" Ukyou waved to her rival-friend, but her friendly disposition left when she heard Ranma calling out Akane's name chasing after her. Her fiancé was chasing after another woman, this would not do. Kunoh, Ryouga and Shampoo soon passed by her. Oh now she was really mad there was no way Ukyou was going to allow Shampoo anywhere near her Ran-chan. "Shampoo, you hussy, stay away from my Ranma honey!" She took off after them.

Shampoo turned her head around. "Ranma mine!" She stuck her tongue out and faced forward, hurrying to pass up the two teenage boys threatening Ranma.

Akane turned into the doors that led to her home, after stepping inside she removed her shoes. "I'm home."

Ranma came in right after her. "Akane, why didn't you wait for me?" Ranma sounded a little peeved.

Akane through her nose in the air. "I don't care to speak to you right now Ranma." She started forward hearing voices in the living room. Coming to the room with Ranma trailing her, Akane was startled so see five women and four men seated down in front of Soun. "Dad, who are our guests?" She looked at her father and noticed him sweating. Kasumi then entered from the kitchen with a tray of sparkling water and gave a nice cool glass each of their guests. Before sitting down herself, she looked over at Akane.

"Welcome home Akane, Ranma." Kasumi smiled.

You could hear a crowd of arguing stepping towards the living room as the party that was chasing after Ranma stopped short seeing many people sitting in the Tendou's living room.

A woman with cyan colored hair stood and approached Akane, a menacing look on her face "So this is the girl is it?" She looked her up and down hatefully and reached out to grab her when Ranma stepped in front of Akane. "Get out of my way." The woman sneered.

"Ryoko, come back and sit down." An elderly man said and Ryoko huffed and sat down next to a teenage boy, crossing her arms in front of her.

Akane stepped out from behind Ranma's protective gesture, she was about to speak, when four men one had long red hair and one had gray hair they were both wearing white extravagant kimono's and hamakas, the other two, one was wearing black and gold and the other man was wearing blue and gold stepped up to her and bowed at her feet.

"My lady." They all said.

"Gack!" Akane immediately took a step back.

Shampoo took a glance at Ukyou. "What we walk into?"

"I don't know." Ukyou answered.

The four men finally stood upright, the man wearing black and gold reached down took Akane's hand in his.

"We have finally found you."

Akane was so confused that her head was hurting. "What is going on here?" She looked at her father then down at this man holding onto her hand.

The man holding her hand cleared his throat to speak. "I am Akito Oyama, Ambassador for the planet Jurai, we have been searching for you for a very long time, we have come to take you home."

"Take me where?!" Akane pulled her hand from the man's grasp.

"Home to Planet Jurai," Oyama smiled. "Ah you look just like your mother."

Ranma couldn't believe what he was hearing. They were surely insane. "Planet whata?"

"Jurai, I know you have not heard of our home. But I assure you it exists."

"Why do you want Akane?" Ranma crossed his arms over his chest.

Oyama looked at Akane. "So that's what she named you, very pretty." He then gave his attention back to Ranma. "She needs to return home so that she may fulfill her duties and obligations to Jurai."

Both Shampoo and Ukyou looked at each other, thinking the exact same thing. They approached Akane and pushed her forward.

"You take Akane away, yes?" Shampoo asked. 'With Akane gone, now Ranma free to marry Shampoo.' She thought to herself.

Ukyou was smiling. "Well Akane, if you must go. I will say that we'll miss you a whole lot." 'With Akane out of the way, Ranma honey will be all mine.'

Akane looked back at them. "What are you two doing?"

"Shampoo, Ukyou, cut it out." Ranma snapped at them.

Sighing, Akane looked at each one of their new guests before looking back at Oyama. "I'm afraid I don't quite understand, are you sure you have the right girl?"

Oyama nodded. "Indeed, our sources never lie. You are the daughter of Lord Jin and Lady Ayia.

"So she's some kinda princess or somethin'?" Ranma asked shrugging.

He smiled. "Well not yet, but she will be. With her marriage she will become one."

"Marriage?!" Ranma and his enemies and fiancés all said at the same time.

"That's right." Oyama answered.

Ranma's eyes narrowed. "Marriage to who?"

Oyama gestured for the intended to come forward, and the teenage boy who sitting amongst the females stepped up to them. "Lady Akane Tendou, I would like you to meet your betrothed, Lord Tenchi Masaki."

Akane immediately jumped back and shook her hands wildly in the air, her eyes narrowed in anger. "No way! I am not marrying someone else I don't know."

"What's the meaning of this Tendou?" Genma finally spoke up and Soun looked at him oddly. It was usually him saying that line, but this time it was Soun and he actually knew what was going on.

"Saotome, this time I do know what's going on." Soun then stood up and walked up to Akane. "Akane we need to talk." He took her hand and led her out of the living room. The elderly man too got up and followed after them.

Ranma watched the three leave the room and he then turned back around, he was fuming. How dare these people come in here and try to take Akane away from him. She was his. "Hold it now, is this all for real?"

Tenchi could feel this boy's aura it was strong and he could also feel a lot of anger radiating off of him. "As much as I hate this, it is for real."

Ryouga finally stepped forward. "You can't take away the girl I love, I won't let you." Ryouga went to grab at him but Tenchi moved out of his way effortlessly.

"Look, I don't want this anymore than the rest of you." Tenchi sighed

"Speak for own self." Shampoo said hotly.

* *

Akane was listening to her father speaking about her mother and what he had learned while she was on her deathbed. She couldn't believe it, no… "You couldn't have told me once, not even once?"

"I thought it was best if you did not know, in case this day never came. Why do you think I pushed you into your engagement and kept hoping that you and Ranma would marry it would be so that you could remain here with us."

"But…I…" Akane let out a frustrated breath, she turned to the old man. "You can't expect me to go along with something so ridiculous. I already had one fiancé I didn't want." Akane didn't want to leave; she didn't want to leave her life, her family… and what about Ranma? She certainly did not want to leave without him. No matter how it looked on the outside, she never wanted to be away from him.

The elderly man put his hand on Akane's shoulder. "I know this comes at quite a shock for you, and we will give you time for it to sink in. You are not an Earth woman, Akane. You were born for greater things than just being normal, inside you, you have an immense power, one that I do not think has been tapped yet. Your sisters if you want to call them that, had told me that although you are stronger than the average woman, you are not stronger than your rivals, which leads me to believe that the power inside you has not yet woken. You must return, you must fulfill your obligations to Jurai."

"How long do I have till I have to return?" Akane looked away from him.

"I will speak with Ambassador Oyama to convince him to wait until morning, you have that long to deal with any problems and put them to rest."

Akane did not want this, but there was obviously nothing she could do about it. This was such a shocking truth that it knocked her senses away. She felt numb and suddenly very alone.

======

Well that's it for episode 1, thank you everyone for the reviews, I know some of you are confused with the summary and possibly even the first chapter. But not to worry, things will be explained if you keep reading that is. Remember to review ^_^

Thanks,

Ryoko Blue