Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ Across the Stars ❯ Onward to Jurai ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer:  Not mine, gee where do you people get your ideas. ^_^

 

 

Summary: Akane Tendou has always had unusual strength for a female, she does not know the potential she actually has to be even better.  Another marriage arrangement comes back to bite Soun in the behind. He's got some explaining to do.

 

 

Across the Stars

Episode 4- Onward to Jurai

 

After the most strenuous training Ranma has ever done that morning, he sat down outside by the koi pond.  It had been nearly a month since Akane had left, she was probably having the time of her life without him. Ranma thought bitterly.  And why would she pick that other boy over himself, he was confused.

 

"Ranma?" It was Ayeka's voice.  The purple haired Juraian princess stood there watching him.

 

He turned around, acknowledging her presence. "Yeah, what is it?"

 

Ayeka walked slowly towards him. "You seem very lost in thought, are you thinking about Miss Akane?"

 

"Feh," Ranma scoffed. "Now why would I be thinking about that stupid tomboy?" He picked a blade of grass and tossed it in the koi pond.  The purple haired girl was much too observant, all Ranma had done was think about Akane.

 

"You can not fool me, I can tell you are upset."

 

Ranma stood.  "Why would I be upset?"  He faced her. "You hardly know me, how can you tell my moods?"

 

"It's not that difficult to see that you miss the girl, you would be foolish not too.  After all you two were together for awhile, its only natural to miss her."

 

He shrugged. "It doesn't matter though does it."

 

"But it does matter," Ryouga said heading in Ranma's direction with both Shampoo and Ukyou.  "If it wasn't for you, Akane would probably still be here."

 

"See here pork butt, if I could take back what I said to Akane, I would.  But I can't. What's done is done." Ranma said as he waved his hand in the air.

 

"Don't fret over it Ran-chan," Ukyou said. "It's for the best, Akane wanted to go."

 

Ranma shook his head. "She only wanted to go because of me, it is all my fault Ukyou.  I shouldn't have said what I said to her."

 

Shampoo immediately grasped onto Ranma, clutching his arm tightly. "You no need think about Akane anymore, Ranma.  She picked other man to be husband, not you.  So you free to marry Shampoo now." She purred, smiled and rubbed her face against his arm.

 

"Get off me." Ranma said dangerously low which made Shampoo gasp and step back slightly frightened by the way he sounded.

 

She had never heard him speak that way to her before. "Ranma?"

 

Ranma turned, glaring at her. "I don't want Akane to marry that guy, all right."

 

Ukyou shrugged. "Yeah well, you never told her that.  And even if you did, I don't think she would have stayed or even tried to.  She hated you Ranma, don't you see.  So you should just forget about her, after all I bet she's already forgotten about you."

 

A slight forced smile curved Ranma's lips. "Maybe she hated me at first, but she didn't after a short awhile, I could tell that she didn't hate me right after she got over her crush on Doctor Tofu."

 

"Ranma listen to me!" Ukyou shouted, losing her temper. "She did not want you! She despised you and now she is marrying that other boy.  Don't you think if she even had once ounce of feeling for you that she would have fought against this? Although Akane isn't as strong as I am, it doesn't mean she wouldn't have challenged it if she truly wanted to stay here.  You need to get over it and move on, just like Akane is.  She is probably living the in the lap of luxury, watching television non stop, eating bon bons and making people obey her every command.  After all she is quite selfish."…

 

At seven in the morning Akane was carrying a huge stack of books into Study Hall, she dropped them on the table top which shook the whole table and sat down next to Tenchi.  "This is going to be hard on my head, learning all this information in only a couple of months, and this is only the first wave of books."

 

"Are you feeling all right?  After your training session with the royal trainers you seemed pretty beat up."

 

She rolled her eyes. "Ow…" She moaned, as her black eye was more evident now than it was when she got it.  Akane felt the bruises on the rest of her body ache and she could hardly lift her arms to take the first book off of the huge stack.  "I didn't think they would actually hit me, this was my first time doing this."

 

Tenchi nodded. "Yeah well, Grandpa didn't teach me this way.  I guess here they want you to actually try and fight back with everything you can."

 

It was then that their professor walked in ready to start their first session…

 

Ukyou sighed. "Don't you agree Ranma?" She looked right at him.

 

He was glaring hard at her. "Ukyou…" He was about to tell Ukyou what was on his mind when Ryouga interrupted and beat him to it.

 

"Ukyou, how dare you say that about Akane, she is not selfish!" Ryouga shouted, clinching his fists at his sides.

 

They were all getting on his nerves, he just couldn't take it anymore and snapped. "Ukyou, Shampoo, I don't want Akane to marry that jerk all right!  Now both of you just leave me alone," Ranma turned and quickly headed for the house.

 

"Ayeka!" Sasami shouted running out of the house, and the three people including Ayeka who were all standing there, turned to see what the other alien girl wanted. "Washu wants to see us in her lab, its most urgent."

 

Ayeka slowly approached Sasami, "Did she find something?" She asked then couldn't contain herself and started running as genteel as she could towards her younger sister.

 

"I am not sure, but we best go and see her." Sasami said leading Ayeka towards the Tendou's linen closet.   She pulled open the door and instead of shelves of linen there was Washu's dimensional lab.  The two of them stepped inside finding Ryoko, Mihoshi and Kiyone already in there.  Behind them were Azaka and Kamadake with their arms folded across their chests.  Yosho and Nobiyuki were also standing there.

 

"Miss Washu, what have you found?"

 

Washu turned around on her hovering pillow and looked at them. "Not a lot actually.  There is not much more we can do here.  I was just speaking with Tenchi a moment ago."

 

"What did he say?" Ayeka asked.

 

"A lot actually, they met Lord Jin, who is Lady Akane's father."

 

Both Ayeka and Sasami gulped, but it was Sasami who spoke. "Lord Jin is well to put it plainly, scary.  Not many can stand up to him with out feeling his wrath.  One would be foolish to challenge him to anything."  Sasami felt a hand come down on her shoulder, and she felt more at ease with his sister comforting her.

 

"Just what is it that we are going to do?"

 

Ryoko rolled her eyes. "Go to Jurai of course, what other option is there?"

 

"Of course, the grand library should have some information in it.  If there is a way to get Tenchi out of this arrangement then it would be in the library. 

 

"Ranma Saotome, I challenge you!!" Was what the girls heard outside the door. "Prepare yourself."

 

"Leave him alone Kuno! He hasn't done anything to you."

 

"Why if it isn't Ukyou, I beg to differ, Ranma is the one that let those ruffians take away Akane Tendou. I must defend her honor!  Fight me you coward."

 

The girls heard thundering footsteps and then a crash, the door to the lab swung open and Ukyou, Shampoo, Ranma, Kuno and Ryouga all fell into the lab.  It was when a short ninja who was standing on the pile of humans started bowing and apologizing.  "Please forgive our intrusion it was unavoidable."

 

Kuno lifted himself out of the pile and grabbed the ninja's arm. "Just who's side are you on Sasuke."

 

"Why yours master Kuno." Sasuke bowed, and bowed again.

 

It was Ryoko who approached the pile of humans. "And just what were you doing for you all to fall in here.  Listening at the door perhaps, hmm?"  She crossed her arms over her generous bosom.

 

"Well…" Ryouga started to say. "I saw Ranma listening at the door and I was going to do something, but then Kuno here beat me to it."

 

"And I was no going to let stupid Kuno do anything to Ranma, so I help Ranma, then Ukyou try and stop Shampoo, then we all fall in here."  Shampoo explained.

 

Sasami came towards them as the pile of Earthlings got off the floor and to their feet she approached Ranma with a slight smile on her face.  "Why were you listening at the door?"

 

Ranma shrugged. "There was nothing better to do." 

 

It was a sweet giggle that came from Sasami. "Oh really, perhaps you were wondering if we were going to say anything about your Akane."

 

"Akane is no Ranma's!" Shampoo shouted.

 

"You be quiet." Sasami pointed at Shampoo. "I wasn't talking to you."

 

He tried to make it seem like that's not what he was doing. "Eh, who cares about that man hating tomboy anyway, I was just interested in what was going on.  That's all."

 

"Uh huh, right." Sasami said, and started to turn around.  "You know, we probably would have offered to bring you with us.  But if you're not interested…"  She turned all the way around.

 

"What?!" Ranma shouted. "What was that, say that again?"

 

Mihoshi put her hand to her lips and giggled as Sasami was getting a freaky smile upon her face as she twirled around facing the group.  "I said that we could take you with us."  She saw the boy's eyes spark for a moment. "But on one condition."

 

"Which is?" Ranma asked carefully.

 

Sasami giggled. "You admit to yourself and to everyone here in this room that you are in love with Akane." 

 

"What?!"  The Earthlings all yelled.

 

Ranma's jaw dropped. "What, me in love with that, that uncute stupid Akane?"

 

"It is either that or you can stay here with these nice girls and Miss Akane will marry Tenchi and that will be that.  You'll never see each other again, but that shouldn't bother you since you have these other two nice young ladies to choose from."

 

Taking a deep breath Ranma looked at both Shampoo and Ukyou, in truth they were cute and strong and good at fighting.  But they weren't Akane.  Akane was someone that he hadn't counted on developing these weird emotional feelings for.  Out of all their arguments which he tended to enjoy since it was the only way he got any emotion out of her, he had missed her since she had been gone, it was empty and alone without her near him. 

 

Just the thought of her being with someone else, caused his stomach to twist into knots and made him see the most violent red ever imaginable.  This boy had come and taken Akane away from him. She would marry him, they would have a family and who knows what kind of happy life Akane would have.  A life that he wanted to be in, no matter how much he denied it.  He wanted to be with Akane and she was stolen away from him.  No one would do that!  Akane was his!  And he would win her back no matter what it took.  

 

Slowly lifting his head, Ranma looked at Sasami and said: "I love Akane."

 

Sasami giggled and patted Ranma's shoulder. "See now that wasn't so hard was it?"  She was grinning.  Spinning around in a circle she faced the other alien girls.  "We are bringing Ranma with us everyone."

 

Ayeka smiled lightly looking over at Ranma and Sasami. "So we heard."

 

"How do you know she even wants to see you?" Ryouga said, throwing a bit of doubt into Ranma's mind.  "After what you said to her, she might have already moved on."

 

"Listen here bacon bits-"  He was interrupted by Ryouga.

 

"So that just means I'll have go, just to see you fail at something." Ryouga smirked lightly, "I will laugh openly when Akane turns you out on your ass."

 

"Ranma, you can no go after Akane." Shampoo said.

 

"I will do what I must Shampoo and you will not talk me out of it."  Ranma saw the Amazon pout, but then she looked up at him. 

 

"Fine Ranma, Shampoo come with you."

 

Ukyou's jaw dropped. "Oh no you don't Shampoo.  You ain't going anywhere near my Ranma, do you understand me.  I will go too just to make sure you don't try anything sneaky."

 

"Who be sneaky? You think Shampoo be sneaky?" Shampoo stood right in front of Ukyou ready to fight her at a moment's notice.

 

Kuno growled loudly. "No this is unacceptable, I will not allow it.  Just imagine my Akane Tendou being chased by Ranma Saotome even across the stars! This is not a good thing.  I must keep you from my beloved, so I will too join in on this mighty journey to where ever it is, you are going."

 

"But Master Kuno…" Sasuke started to say, but he was rudely cut off by his own master.

 

"You dare question me, your lord and master?" He glared down at Sasuke.

 

Sasuke immediately bowed low to the ground. "No, no of course not Master Kuno.  I always give you my utter devotion and loyalty.  Forgive this poor ninja, please oh master?"

 

Kuno stood straight with smirk on his face. "Hmm, that's more like it."

 

"Hey now," Kiyone blurted out. "Who invited any of you?"

 

Sasami giggled. "Oh Kiyone, the more the merrier."

 

Ayeka sighed and shook her head. "I don't know about this, how would I explain this to the council and the royal families?"

 

With a shrug Sasami said. "Well we can say they are Akane's friends from Earth and they wanted to attend her wedding."

 

Ryoko groaned. "Forget about them for now!" She said regarding the Earthlings.  "What I want to know is why Tenchi can't find whatever he needs there in the library?  He is on Jurai damn-it!"

 

"Ryoko," Ayeka started to say. "Tenchi is only allowed into a certain part of the library, the library itself is massive and broken up into several sections with doors.  Since he is not really Emperor yet, all the doors will not open for him.  He won't be able to get into the back section of the library."

 

"Damn," Ryoko said, shaking her head.  "But then who will be able to go in there?  You? You're not queen or anything."

 

"I know someone who can help us, he's already married into the main royal family."  Ayeka said smugly.  "He's a lord himself."

 

"And just who is this person?"

 

"Sora," Ayeka was grinning.

 

Sasami groaned. "No…not him."  She shook her head.  "Anyone but him."

 

Ryoko looked between the two princesses. "Who is this Sora?"

 

"Cousin Sora," Sasami said. "He's some kinda pervert is what he is, he always thinks about women, and has quite a reputation if you know what I mean.  He thinks he's the Gods' gift to women, and he can be quite annoying."

 

"Annoying like someone else we know." Ryouga whispered to Ukyou about Sasami.

 

Ukyou shrugged. "I don't know if she is annoying, but perky is one way to describe her."

 

"Eh, it's all the same to me." Ryouga said.

 

"So how are we getting to Jurai?" Ryoko looked at everyone. "I don't really want to take Ryo-Ohki into Jurai space if you understand what I'm getting at here."

 

"Well maybe if you weren't a wanted criminal we could take Ryo-Ohki into Jurai space." Ayeka informed.

 

Ryoko merely stuck her tongue out at Ayeka. "I was cleared of everything, because of that whole incident with Kagato, I almost died you know."

 

"Too bad you didn't." Ayeka murmured under her breath.

 

"I heard that Ayeka." Ryoko stepped forward right into Ayeka's face.

 

"So what!" Ayeka shouted at Ryoko. "If you would have just died, Tenchi could have already married me and he wouldn't even be in this mess!"

 

Ryoko's lip curled. "Why you snotty brat-"

 

Sasami immediately pushed her way between her sister and Ryoko, interrupting them. "Come on you two, can't you fight later?  We have to get to Jurai, Tenchi is counting on us."

 

With an unsatisfied groan, Ryoko looked at Sasami. "You're right, I can kick this bitch's ass later."

 

"Yeah, sure you can." Ayeka cackled.

 

"Ayeka!" Sasami shouted. "Don't provoke Ryoko."

 

Washu shook her head. "Speaking of Ryo-Ohki, where is that girl anyway?"

 

Ryoko rolled her eyes. "I had to hide her because this idiot here…" She pointed to Ranma who crossed his arms over his chest. "…freaked out when he heard her meow."

 

Sasami cleared her throat. "She's not even really a cat, I bet he hasn't even seen her.  But no matter we can take my ship back to Jurai."

 

"Mihoshi and I will follow in the Yagami," Kiyone said with a smile.

 

"Great, then lets get going." Washu jumped off of her pillow.  Yosho and Nobiyuki followed Washu to the door, they were talking amongst themselves about Tenchi.

 

"What's this, going on a trip you say?" It was Soun Tendou and he made Washu jump for he appeared behind her.

 

"Aieee!" Washu twirled around. "Where did you come from?"

 

Soun shrugged. "The door, so what's going on?"

 

"We're going back to Jurai." Sasami said grinning.  "And we're bringing Ranma and his friends with us."

 

"Oh really?!" Soun sounded excited as he looked at Ranma. "You go on and bring Akane back Ranma, you can do it."

 

"That might not happen sir." Ayeka said. "But we shall do our best to see that Akane may come home to you and your family."

 

Soun started bawling. "Ah my Akane whisked away to some strange planet only to marry some prince." He stopped instantly. "Wait a minute that might not be so bad…"

 

"Hey!" Ranma shouted. "Mr. Tendou get serious, Akane marrying someone else, that's just stupid!  I will bring her back, I promise."

 

Soun was grinning now. "That's what I like to hear, you go after your fiancé!"  He said proudly.

 

Sasami then turned to everyone. "All right, come along outside and we will board my craft for Jurai."  She looked at Azaka and Kamadake who had been quiet this whole time and they looked at her, they both gave a nod and Sasami closed her eyes, her upside down green triangle on her forehead was glowing.  "All right, it's here." 

 

They all started from Washu's lab and out of the house entirely, out on the lawn as a ship. It looked small, and Sasami knew what everyone was thinking. 

 

"It's much larger than it seems, really." Sasami said as they were all beamed aboard.  She looked up at the main visual screen.  She could see Akane's surrogate family down below waving at them, and a Panda holding a sign which read Good Luck Ranma!

 

Sasami cleared her throat. "All right Kiyo-Oh, set a course for Jurai."  The lights on the console blinked and you could hear the ship coming to life.  The giant tree where that Sasami was standing in front of was the heart of her ship, which powered up the entire craft and the ship lifted off the ground heading for space.

 

Ranma looked out one of the side windows as the Earth was moving further and further away and the dark of space was a very cold and desolate place.  He never would have thought that this was possible, it was almost as if space travel was very common.  He turned and looked at the aliens. "How long do you think it will take to get to Jurai?"

 

Ayeka cleared her throat.  "A couple of weeks, last time it took us many months because we were running from the Jurai forces, we had to hide and make money along the way.  But now, everything is fine so it won't be that long of a trip."

 

He nodded and continued to look out the window…he closed his eyes… "Akane, I'm on my way." He whispered, barely audible

 

Shampoo nudged Ukyou and they both looked at each other with a nod, they had to think of something to keep Ranma and Akane apart.  This is the only time they would work together.

 

"Akane," Ranma whispered again, hoping that she could hear him.  But he knew better…

 

"Ranma!" Akane bolted up straight in her bed, she was breathing hard.  She looked around and realized she was in her room on Jurai in her bed with the silk and satin sheets.  She was having a bad dream, one where there was a huge battle and Ranma was killed.  She closed her eyes and her head hung low.  "Oh Ranma," She whispered.  Throwing the blankets back Akane swung her feet over the side and stepped down on the rug next to her bed.  The hem of her lavender nightgown flittering down to her ankles.  She shivered, her bare arms tingling with goose bumps.  She grabbed her silk wrap and put it on, tying the sash around her waist.  She looked towards the door and started slowly towards it.  The vines separated and she walked through the archway.  She looked in both directions before taking more steps crossing the hallway floor to the bedroom that was in front of hers.  She knocked loudly.

 

The vines parted and Tenchi stood there rubbing the sleep out of his eyes with his left hand.  He blinked, his vision was blurry yet he could tell who was at his door.  "Akane? What's wrong?"  His vision cleared instantly and noticed the worried expression on her face.   "Are you all right?"

 

"Uh…I'm sorry to bother you," Akane said looking at her bare feet on the floor tiles.  "But do you think I could sleep with you?  I really don't want to be by myself right now." She finally looked up.

 

Tenchi nodded and stepped aside, allowing her entry to his room and the vines closed creating the door once more.

 

=======

 

Well that's the end of chapter 4, I hope you all enjoyed it.  In the next chapter we meet Sora, and Ranma and everyone finally get to Jurai.  Its gonna be exciting, so stay tuned.

 

Remember to review, as I really appreciate them.

 

Thanks,

Ryoko Blue