Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ Across the Stars ❯ Bathing Beauty ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hyperman: Thanks for the review, it was great.  And Ryouga and Sasami I think are an adorable couple too ^_^

 

Annoymous: The answer to your first question is that Sora is not serious when he is hitting on Akane, he knows the laws inside and out. The answer to your second question is that there are not guards around at all times, because of what Azaka and Kamadake said in Episode 25 or 26 of Tenchi Universe.  Retainers are different, Akane does have a women servants around her a lot of the time.  But hey there has to be times when she is completely alone for the story to progress.  J And to the rest of your wonderings, I can't answer those because it will give away the story, heehee.

 

A Disappointed Fan:  I haven't left any plot holes, at all.  You should read to the end of the story before deciding if there are any plot holes in certain chapters.  I might say one thing in lets say chapter 8 and then those confusing things might not be answered until lets say chapter 12.  But if you think there are holes like that they all will be filled by the end of the story.  Just be patient.  One thing you should know… Yosho, Tenchi's grandfather did not marry a commoner on Jurai, he married an Earthling on Earth, not on Jurai.  In the third Tenchi movie, called Tenchi Forever, Yosho ran away with Haruna, a commoner I am sure.  I was using that angle as a basis for my royal family members can not marry commoners.  Yosho was able to leave Jurai, where as Tenchi is not, because he has a signed contract to marry Akane, remember Jin and Achika's unbreakable contract from the first chapter?  That holds a lot of power even over a future ruler of Jurai.  Also Yosho will be explaining a few things to both Akane (who is the Juraian not Ranma) and Tenchi.  So just try and stick with it, there are no plot holes, I know it seems like there are some as of now, but believe me everything, and I mean everything is carefully planned down to the very last detail.

 

 

Disclaimer: Not mine at all, too bad though. But I can still do horrible humiliating things to the characters for awhile. But don't worry, I'll give them back the way I borrowed them.

Summary: Akane Tendou has always wanted to be stronger than her rivals, she does not know the potential she actually has to be even better. Another marriage arrangement comes back to bite Soun in the behind. He's got some explaining to do.

 

 

 

Across the Stars

Episode 7-Bathing Beauty

 

Shampoo and Ukyou were walking the halls, the palace was so beautiful.  They were both wondering if Akane enjoyed her time here.  How could she not when everything was so heavenly and lovely.  The gardens were more than impressive, the weather was warm and sunny.  And most of all, it kept Akane far away from Ranma.

 

Hearing Ranma talking with Sasami, Ukyou and Shampoo hid behind a pillar looking out, watching and listening closely, hearing about how much Ranma is in danger here.

 

"Ranma need help, yes?" Shampoo said to Ukyou who nodded.

 

"I agree, this is terrible.  But at least with this news Akane will stay away from Ranma-honey and everything will go smoothly."

 

Shaking her head, disagreeing Shampoo said.  "I do no think Ranma will stay away from Akane, I see that look on face, Ranma has much determination.  Both us know that when Ranma is challenge, he always come through in end."

 

"Are you saying Ranma is not going to stay clear of Akane?"

 

Shampoo sighed. "Shampoo no think so."

 

Ukyou started pacing. "We must not let Ranma out of our sight, that way he can not succeed with whatever it is he is planning.  I still think Akane gets jealous, even if she has another arrangement, she will get angry with him nonetheless.  It will keep Ranma and Akane apart."

 

"That sound good," Shampoo nodded; she watched as Sasami was walking away and then both she and Ukyou jumped out of their hiding place.  "Ranma, Shampoo find you."

 

"Oh Ranma-honey." Ukyou smiled and waved at him as she with Shampoo was heading towards him.

 

"Shampoo, Ukyou?  What are you two doing?  Did you get lost?" Ranma asked them wondering just where those two had come from.

 

Shampoo immediately grabbed onto his arm and she sighed.  "Ranma, you find Akane, yes?"  She noticed that he stiffened and she smiled as she laid her forehead against his shoulder.  "Do Akane seem like she is have fun here?"

 

Ukyou's eye twitched at how Shampoo was holding on to her man, that she stomped over and grabbed Shampoo by her arm and pulled her off of Ranma. "Yes Ranma, tell us.  How was your visit with Akane?"

 

"I really don't care to discuss it Ukyou, all right." He said slightly snippy.

 

Ukyou's hands went up defensively. "Well excuse me for asking.  No need to get angry at me, I didn't do anything."

 

Ranma nodded. "You're right Ukyou, I'm sorry.  It's just things aren't going as well as I hoped they would."

 

"Look Ranma, there Akane." She pointed to Akane was walking towards them.  "Hey Akane, Shampoo is here to see you."

 

Akane groaned, great just what she needed both Shampoo and Ukyou were here, of course what did she expect out of Ranma, him bringing those annoying girls with him.  She rolled her eyes and smiled at Shampoo.  "Hello Shampoo, Ukyou." She nodded politely at them.

 

"You have Kendo bokken, Akane? What you do with it?" Shampoo was looking at the stick that she was holding across her shoulders.

 

"Oh this," Akane was avoiding Ranma's gaze, she knew he was looking at her.  She brought down the stick which was engraved in gold with her name and title, along with rose petals and leaves.  "I use this because I have to learn swordsmanship, I know it's much different than Kempo, and not at all what I am used to."

 

"Wow Akane," Ukyou said looking down at her bokken, "That is really nice, I haven't seen anything like it.  I am totally jealous."

 

Akane let out a small polite laugh. "Yes, I'm sure you are."

 

It was then that Tenchi ran passed them, he stopped and twirled around and ran back to the group.  He too had a kendo bokken, but his was strapped to his back.  "Akane you're going to be late for practice and you know what will happen if you are."

 

"Ugh." Akane groaned. "I do not want to do five hundred katas that's for sure."

 

"Then get going."  Tenchi was smiling.  He knew she wanted to get away from those girls, she really had fifteen minutes to get to the training hall, but he just made it seem like she was pressed for time, even if she didn't realize it.  He watched as she raced on down the hall.

 

Shampoo was looking up at Ranma.  "Akane completely ignore Ranma, I do no think Akane like Ranma much."

 

Ranma's eyes narrowed. "Shampoo, that is not true. At least I don't think it is."  He then turned his angry gaze on Tenchi.  "So I hear that certain things go on with you and Akane at night."

 

Tenchi coughed. "Excuse me?" He was startled, "What kind of things?"

 

"I think you know what I am referring to." Ranma crossed his arms over his chest.

 

Tenchi couldn't believe it, who would have known about anything that happens at night and with Akane.  He supposed he better level with Ranma here, since he seems to be misinformed.  "I don't know where you are getting this information from, but I tell you honestly that nothing of what you are thinking goes on with Akane and I at night."

 

"Then what does go on with you and Akane at night?" Ukyou asked, she really wanted Ranma mad enough at Akane that he would not even bother trying to win her back.  Hopefully for her sake Akane and this guy here have been more than friendly.  She saw Ranma straighten up and stiffen completely.

 

"She often comes to me because she is upset or has a nightmare, so I let her sleep in my room, it's all completely innocent."  Tenchi realized that Ranma did not believe him. "Look I haven't touched her like that all right, I wouldn't even think about doing something like that to her.  We both like other people and we are hoping there will be a way out of this marriage."  Their time was growing shorter and shorter by each passing day; hopefully Ayeka is getting Sora to check out the back sections of the library for them.  "All that happens in my room is sleep, that is all."

 

Ranma felt bad he seemed to have misjudged this guy, it seems that all Tenchi has for Akane is friendship, nothing more.  "Hey, you know I jump to conclusions sometimes, sorry man."

 

Tenchi waved his hand in the air. "Don't worry about it.  And even if you don't believe me, you can always talk to Akane after her training session."

 

"What time does it end?" Ranma asked, not because he suspected Tenchi was lying, but because he still wanted to the chance to talk to her.  Even if she yelled in his face to go away and leave her alone, he was not going to.  He had come here for one purpose and that is to tell Akane his feelings.

 

"Well, why don't you watch the session, because the time it ends varies depending how much she has improved."

 

"Ooh, Shampoo come too?" Shampoo shouted, what she really wanted to see was Akane making a fool of herself.  There was no way Akane would be better at any sort of martial arts than Shampoo was.

 

"Yeah, me too." Said Ukyou, thinking along the same lines as Shampoo was. "It would be refreshing to see Akane in action."

 

Tenchi kept in a groan. "I don't care what you girls do, just do not interfere in Akane's lessons.  They are very important."

 

"Shampoo would no dream of it." Shampoo kept in her smirk, which was fighting to push its way out.

 

With a nod, Tenchi turned around and headed for the Training Hall, he could hear Ranma and the two girls following after him.  Stepping inside the large football field sized room, on the far wall was a whole rack of weapons and training equipment.  The floor was made of a fine, pale hardwood.  The walls were painted a soft sky blue. Tenchi saw Akane on the floor stretching.  There were two royal trainers, a set of twins who's names were Kai and Tai, both men, both tall with rippling muscles and wearing a black matching gi with a gold sash around their waists.  The gis were sleeveless and you could tell just how developed the muscles in their arms were.

 

"Lord Tenchi, you've finally made it on time," Kai was joking. "Tai and I wondered if we would be able to punish you with five hundred katas." He snickered.

 

"Not today I'm afraid." Tenchi grinned up at the two trainers.

 

Tai cleared his throat. "Why don't you stretch out, warm up a little.  Lady Akane is already in good form."

 

"Ah, that's great."  Tenchi said, then closing his eyes and centering his being.

 

Kai looked up at the three visitors.  "Ah we have a few observers, came to watch these two in action I see."

 

"It be very interesting, Shampoo think." Shampoo said with a smile.

 

Ranma leaned closer to Ukyou. "These two guys train Akane, they are huge, what if they break her?"

 

Ukyou laughed. "Does she look broken to you?"  She was looking at Akane who was bent over touching her toes, stretching out the backs of her legs.

 

Akane shook out her limbs. "All right Tai, I am ready now."

 

Tai approached her, and crossed his arms over his powerful chest. "Take your stance."

 

With a single nod, Akane put her right foot forward and slid her left foot back so they were apart.  She held her bokken with two hands, pointed at Tai. 

 

"Good, now strike me." Tai pulled his black bokken from off his back and held it in the same fashion Akane's was.

 

Akane tilted her weapon to the side quickly and made to strike him in the neck but she was blocked as his came up and hit against hers. 

 

"Again."

 

She was a little bit quicker the second time at trying to hit him in the chest, but she was blocked again, yet this time as he blocked her, he brought his stick down hitting her in the side and she groaned and sucked in a deep breath.  Akane stumbled back a little

 

"You should have seen that coming, that was a very simple move that even a five year old could have blocked it.  Have you been practicing at all?"

 

She growled sucking in a breath as her side already started throbbing. "Yes, every morning at five thirty I start. But I can't seem to get any better."

 

Tai put his hand to his chin in thought.  "Do you think you are a good fighter?"  He saw her shake her head no.  "Do you want to be?"

 

"Yes, I do."

 

"Akane," Tai dropped her title, knowing how much it irritated her. "The thing that you lack is confidence, you are letting me intimidate you."

 

"But you've had years and years of experience, how could I ever hope to even block one of your moves?" Akane sat on the floor in an Indian style.

 

Shampoo was watching Akane and she felt a little sorry for her, seeing her get hit like that, it had to have hurt.  "Akane can no do much, can she?"

 

"Shampoo, quiet." Ranma said, watching and listening to what Tai was telling Akane.

 

"Tai, what do you want me to do, whatever it is I will do it?"

 

Tai started pacing in front of her. "All right, Akane, close your eyes."  He waited until she closed her eyes completely before continuing.  "Now you know all the moves you've shown them all to me and your form is great, but when it comes to fighting another person you don't seem to put your whole self into it."  Tai untied his sash and took off the top of his gi so that he was only in a pair of black pants.  "Perhaps if you can't see me I won't intimidate you."  He kneeled down and tied his gold sash around her head, making sure it was covering her eyes.  "There now, can you see?"

 

Akane opened her eyes and she could not see anything.  "Nope, it's all dark."

 

"Good then."  Tai stood. "Stand up Akane."

 

Feeling around the floor, Akane sat her palms down and pushed herself up.  She once again took her fighting stance, and this time Tai did not speak, instead he moved forward, Akane felt a slight breeze as his katana was heading towards her, she lifted her bokken at the right moment and it connected with his.  She was not struck.  "I did it."  She said in awe and amazement.

 

Tai looked over at Kai and whistled, his brother looked over at him and Tai made some kind of hand gesture to also attack Akane with him.  Kai nodded and headed over.  Now both Tai and Kai headed for Akane, she could feel them coming at her, someone to the left and another behind her.  The one behind her was faster, she ducked down just in time as the wooden sword tried to make a blow for her head, she twirled around and jabbed the one behind her hard in the stomach and then threw the hilt back hard as it smashed into the chest of the one that had come at her from the right.  She heard two men groaning and she stood up straighter and pulled off the blindfold. 

 

"Good job there, Akane, good work." Tai said his arms holding his stomach, and Kai was rolling on the floor, also holding his stomach.  "You know you won't be able to do that with a real blade, holding it that way.  You'll slice your hand clean off."

 

"I know that." Akane was looking at the floor, she couldn't believe it.  She finally had struck them without getting hit herself.

 

Tai cleared his throat and stood up straight. "Now fight me without the blindfold."

 

Akane lifted her head and answered. "All right." It seemed that her confidence level had increased.  Tai came towards her in a run it wasn't hard to knock her to the ground, this time she kept getting tangled in her clothing.

 

Tai struck her hard in the stomach, she cried out as she hit the floor hard.  Tai used his foot kicking her across the floor.  As she slid a little coming to a stop, she was breathing hard and her whole body ached.  Tai came closer to her standing a few inches from her feet.  "Get up Akane, don't be weak."

 

That was the seventh time in ten minutes that she hit the floor, she had been struck in the face, the chest, the leg, the back of the head, multiple times with several different moves that you could already see the bruises forming on her cheek, on her hands.  Akane was sure there were some all over her body. She felt her limbs ache as she struggled to stand up.  Finally she was up on knee.

 

Ranma wanted to go her to help her up, he made a move to go but a hand came down on his shoulder, he looked to find Tenchi shaking his head no at Ranma.  "Let her alone, she needs to do this on her own."

 

"But she needs help." Ranma argued.  "She has never been through something like this back at home while training in the dojo, this is like what my father would make her do."

 

Tenchi shrugged.  "I don't know much about your father, but I do know that she needs to do this without help, she can do it.  She's been doing it since we've been here."

 

Turning back towards Akane and Tai, Ranma cringed as he witnessed this whole event.

 

"Akane, don't stop now, get up." Tai said harshly.

 

She fell back down to the floor.  "I'm trying!" She shot out bitterly.

 

Tai shook his head. "Do not try Akane, do."

 

Akane on unsteady legs, finally lifted herself to stand upright, she saw the pleased smile that crossed Tai's lips.

 

"Very good."  He said with praise.

 

With a groan, Akane grabbed her garment sleeves.  "It's these stupid clothes, they keep getting in my way."

 

Tai scoffed.  "Only a weakling would use that as an excuse."

 

"It's not an excuse, look at you, you have nothing on but a simple easy moving gi, I have all this heavy material, I can't move around in it."  Akane gestured down to her clothing

 

"Excuses Akane, I don't agree with them, nor do I listen to them."  Tai crossed his arms over his chest annoyed.

 

Akane groaned, "Fine, I'll show you."  She started untying her own gold sash, the purple and gold tunic started to part down the middle, you could see the white silk kimono underneath.  And Tai's eyes went wide with shock.

 

"What are you doing?!"

 

She continued to remove all the layers of her garments except for her underwear, which resembled a short Chinese style dress, the hemline hanging just below her behind.  The garment was sleeveless and made of white silk with small flowers embroidered on it. 

 

"Akane, put your clothes back on right now, this is highly irregular."

 

Shaking her head, Akane then moved around and felt ten times lighter.

 

Ranma's jaw dropped, he couldn't believe what she had done and in front of guys too.  He wanted to cover her up with something to keep their prying eyes off of her.  "Akane!"  He shouted, his eyes scanning up and down her shapely thighs, firm backside.  He closed his eyes feeling very ashamed of himself for gawking at her like that. 

 

The almost naked girl flushed bright red, she had forgotten about Ranma being in here.  But it didn't matter now, she was going to prove that with lighter garments she could do a much better job, she was sure of it.

 

Tai shrugged and moved to attack her…

 

****

 

Mayumi, one of Akane's serving girls was letting her mistress lean on her as they walked from the room.

 

"I proved my theory right Mayumi, of course everyone in the hall got to see my naked rear end a couple of times."  Akane's face was still red from embarrassment.

 

The serving girl was trying not to laugh. "Oh Lady Akane, could that be the reason you won against Tai cause he was distracted by your near nakedness?" She giggled, and then continued to walk with Akane leaning on her, "Your bath and massage awaits you, they will make you feel much better."

 

Outside in the hallway against the wall of the training hall, three kids were fighting over who go to drink out of the water fountain first.  Most of all they were just playing in it, seeing how far and how high it could squirt.

 

"Hey you shouldn't play with that." A little girl said with a slight attitude.

 

A boy stuck out his tongue out her. "It's just water, what could happen?" he shrugged innocently

 

"Yeah!" The other boy gave the girl a raspberry and they continued playing with the fountain.

 

Ranma whose face was flushed was leaving the training hall with Shampoo, Ukyou and Tenchi.   Ranma swallowed hard, he had seen parts of Akane that he hadn't counted on seeing as of yet, well on purpose anyway.  He had this weird dazed grin on his face, thinking he wouldn't mind seeing those parts of her again.  He was about to turn and talk to Tenchi, when something cold and wet squirted him in the face.

 

"Oh no…" a now red headed, wet Ranma-Chan groaned.  She looked over at the kids who blinked in surprise.  "Hey you brats, look what you've done!"

 

"Eeep!" All three kids yelled and ran off, giggling and laughing. 

 

"Ranma, you girl now, that no good." Shampoo said poking Ranma-chan's breast with her index finger.

 

Ranma-Chan kept in a low, irritated growl. "Would you stop doing that?" She looked around. "I need to find some hot water."

 

"Akane's room is not too far from here, I'm sure you could borrow some hot water from her."  Tenchi suggested with a smile. "She's got a huge bathroom in her room."

 

They made their way to Akane's room and Ranma-Chan knocked. "Akane?"  She pressed her ear to the door not hearing anything.  She looked at the door and noticed there wasn't a doorknob, and nothing to slide it open with.  "How is one supposed to get in here?"

 

"Oh," Tenchi stood up at the door and waved his hand next to the round green light on the wall, the vines and roots that made the door parted, "I'm her fiancé it will open for me, I don't need her to open it for me."  He said a tad uncomfortable.  Especially with Ranma-Chan's slight glare at what he had said.  "Well go on, I don't think you want to stay a girl now do you?"

 

"Definitely not," Ranma-Chan said and headed inside the room, the vines sliding closed behind her.  She was in awe at the size of this room, it was huge and spotless, there was a very large neatly made bed on the left side of the room, made of roots and vines, her blankets and sheets looked to be of satin and silk, at least eight pillows lined the head of Akane's bed.  The flooring under her feet was of a dark tile, there was a red and white rug on the floor next to her bed.  Ranma-Chan looked up and found a large crystal chandelier hanging down, letting the bright light fill the room

 

To the left of her was a vanity set, made of that same tree root, Ranma-Chan poked her head inside the closet, then in utter amazement she stepped inside.  "Man this is like a whole nother room," Ranma-Chan said out loud to no one in particular.  "This closet is fricken huge."  There were slippers, boots and all kinds of other shoes lined up taking up one whole side of the closet.  Jewels, gold and silver and other really expensive jewelry were presented in glass cases, on the right side of the room was all of Akane's clothing, pieces of cotton, silks, satin, kimonos, tunics and Earth English style ball gowns all hung down from the ceiling.

 

Ranma-Chan walked out of the closet and saw a bright light coming from an adjoining room.  She heard footsteps coming her way, and looked around.  She was about to jump back into the closet when an older woman spotted her.

 

"Hey who are you?"

 

Ranma-chan gulped, "I'm-"  She was interrupted by the older woman.

 

"You muse be new, so did they send you here for Lady Akane, to assist her?"

 

"Um well-"  Before Ranma-Chan could get a word in edgewise, the woman interrupted her again.

 

"Usually they send more than one girl up from downstairs, but I guess you are multi talented."  She approached Ranma-Chan, "I am Madame Midori, I am head of Lady Akane's serving maidens."  She started pushing Ranma-Chan towards the open door, "Go on, get to it.  Lady Akane is waiting for you."  Midori then swatted Ranma-Chan on the behind.

 

"Excuse me!" Ranma-Chan shouted rubbing her backside, and Midori's eye twitched.

 

"What is it?" 

 

Ranma-Chan needed to think up an excuse, if Akane caught her inside her bathroom, she would kill her, er him.  He wouldn't need no death penalty from Jurai government, she would kill him herself.  "I…don't have the correct qualifications for this sort of thing."

 

Midori looked like she was thinking…

 

****

 

Rushing through the palace, Sasami was extremely busy.  She had to report to the ballroom and to the decorating committee, they would start decorating the large room for the upcoming royal ball that was to take place Saturday night.  Which was in two days!  She didn't have a lot of time.  Usually Ayeka loved doing this kind of thing, but this year she was in charge of making sure the guest list was approved of.  And there were certainly a lot of guests coming this year.  Without realizing it, she passed by Ryouga who was walking the opposite way.

 

He stopped and took a deep breath. "Uh, Sasami.  I think we should have a little, uh talk."

 

Sasami hearing his voice came to a halt, she turned part way around.  "What for and what about.?  I heard what you said about me to Ukyou before we left for space. Why should I listen to anything you have to say?  You'll just call me annoying and stupid, that is not something I enjoy hearing."

 

"Look, I'm sorry about that." He shouted to the other end of the hallway, his voice echoing off the walls."  Ryouga cringed on how loud his voice sounded, he quickly walked to Sasami's end of the hallway, standing before her.  "I was just irritated."

 

"But you did find me annoying?"

 

"Well even you have to admit, your forever cheerfulness can get on anyone's nerves."  Ryouga said trying to avoid looking down at anything other than her eyes.

 

"Yeah, well your forever sour mood and depression is enough to drive anyone to insanity, but you don't hear me calling you names and making you feel like dirt because of it."  She subconsciously crossed her arms over her breasts as if hiding herself from view.

 

Ryouga shrugged. "You're right about that.  I just got so mad and Ranma well everything terrible is his fault."

 

"No it's not!" Sasami yelled at him. "He is trying so hard to make up for everything he has done, he is at least putting a little effort into what he is trying to accomplish, you…you just keep placing blame on him.  That is not fair at all, you need to take responsibility for all the things that you have done."  She was angry and that was rare all its own.  "It's your own fault that you can't tell Miss Akane how you felt about her, stop trying to say that its Ranma's fault because he keeps ruining your chances."

 

He was staring at her, not really knowing what to say.  "But it's his fault that I change into a pig."

 

Sasami shook her head. "That is probably the only thing he is responsible for, but I am sure in some way he is trying to make that up to you.  You are just so blinded by ignorance and revenge that you can't even see it.  You really need to take a good look at yourself, it's pathetic."

 

Ryouga was staring at the floor. "I never really thought of it that way."  He lifted his eyes slightly, feeling a bit guilty.  He noticed a small smile on her face, which in a way made him smile a little too.  He opened his mouth to speak but he was interrupted by Kuno and another man, which Ryouga recognized as that Sora fellow.

 

"Yes Akane Tendou is my love, but then so is the pigtailed one."  Kuno said dramatically.  "It is a monstrous decision to make in who I love the most, they equally hold affection in my heart.  I have tried for many a year to win both of my loves over, it is but a small road block in the path of true love."

 

Sora chuckled.  "Indeed, its fun to flirt with the Lady Akane.  But it wouldn't be wise to actually try to win her over.  Laws are very strict here, you could find yourself in a heap of trouble."  He looked over and saw a blue haired beauty standing by one of the Earth visitors. "Excuse me a moment."  Sora quickly moved to her side.

 

"Great, now it starts." Sasami said to herself, not really realizing that Ryouga's ears picked up what she said.

 

"What starts?" Asked Ryouga as he felt a tad angry with how close Sora was to the princess.

 

"My, my I haven't seen someone as lovely as you around these parts before in a long time." Sora grinned at Sasami not really knowing who she was.

 

"I find that rather unlikely, since I know just two years ago when you came to visit the royal palace just how many beds you acquired during your stay here."

 

Sora's brows arched.  "How do you know about… I mean I don't know of which you speak my dear."

 

"Listen here Lord Lecher, I am not one to fall for your smooth lines and all those fake interests you make up to win a lady's bed."  Sasami rolled her eyes feeling very frustrated with him.  "Imagine someone as important as you scheming to get single women into bed no matter the cost, and then flirting with married women making their husbands want to behead you."  She felt the urge to kick him right in the… and then laugh about it.  "As my sister Ayeka says, we need to trust you because it's the only fair thing to do."

 

"Wait a minute." Sora waved his hand in the air, making her end her rant.  "Your sister is Ayeka?  And she only has one other sister.  So that makes you…" His eyes slowly moved over her body and back up to her pink eyes. "Little Sasami?"  He was nearly taken aback with what he was looking at.  "My, my you sure have grown haven't you little girl."

 

Sasami stomped her foot. "How dare you call me little you pervert!"

 

"Hey, you were little when you left after you sister almost two years ago.  But now, look at you.  You actually look, very, very good."

 

She could feel her temper boiling. "Sora…"

 

Ryouga was couldn't help but feel…oh a little protective of the girl.  He looked at Kuno. "Just who does this guy think he is anyway?  First Akane, now he's hitting on her."  He sounded a bit more bitter than he realized.  Ryouga watched as Sora clasped Sasami's hand in his own and attempted to pull her closer.  At that moment Ryouga wanted to rip off that guys hand and shove it down his throat and watch him choke on it.

 

Kuno chuckled lightly beside Ryouga.  "So, it appears that you have a crush on the girl my friend."

 

"We are not friends." Ryouga said to Kuno. "And I do not have a stupid crush, that's ridiculous."  He crossed his arms over his chest, stubbornly.

 

"Whatever you say, but know this...you maybe able to fool others, but the only one you can not deceive is yourself."  Kuno cleared his throat.  "Sasuke! Where art thou?"

 

Sasuke seemed to appear out of nowhere. "A ninja must always stay out of sight Master Kuno."

 

Kuno nodded. "Very good then Sasuke, we must depart."  He dramatically pointed towards the other end of the hallway.  "Come my friend, let us leave this hall.  Onward."  And he started walking away with his head held high.

 

****

"What do you mean the right qualifications, every handmaiden goes through the basics, simple massage, bathing and dressing techniques." Midori stood perfectly straight. "So don't you dare try to weasel out of your duties young lady."

 

"But I'm not-"

 

"Enough excuses," Midori said, cutting off Ranma-Chan for what seemed like the millionth time.

 

"Madame Midori," Akane's voice came from within the bathroom. "I can just bathe myself, I don't need any assistance."

 

Midori closed her eyes, trying to calm her spiking nerves.  "Lady Akane, you must have attendants, this is their job."  She then grabbed Ranma-Chan by the shirt and dragged her towards the bathroom.  "Listen here girly, if I hear of any trouble caused by you…you will not want to know what I am capable of doing to you."  She pointed to the bathroom, "Now get in there and get to work, and remember she is Lady Akane."

 

Ranma-Chan gulped and stepped inside the bathroom.  She wanted to break down the walls and run from the room at this very moment.  She turned around and found Madame Midori still standing there with her arms folded across her chest.  There was something Ranma-Chan hadn't noticed before, there was a thick broadsword strapped to Midori's side.  It looked heavy but was it possible the woman knew how to use it? 

 

"I better hear you're doing a good job in there missy, or else." Midori threatened with her words.

 

With an uncomfortable smile, nervous and well fearing for her very life from Akane;   Ranma-Chan looked ahead and walked slowly into the bathroom.  Her eyes scanned the entire room, mostly made of tile, granite, marble and stone, it was rose pink, there were two large pools, one filled with bubbles and the other fresh clear water.  There were sculpted white stone marble pillars and statues of women holding water basins positioned around both pools, water flowed from the marble basins into the pools.  He sure hoped those pools were of cold water, and how would Akane not know what Ranma-Chan looks like, she hasn't been gone from Earth that long.   Yep, he was definitely a dead man.

 

An idea popped into Ranma-Chan's head.  "Uh… Lady Akane?" Ranma-Chan's voice was raised a couple of octaves, perhaps Akane wouldn't recognize the tone.  She jumped behind one of the pillars as Akane came out from the dressing area and Ranma-Chan saw her.  Akane had a white towel wrapped around her which was tied against her breasts.  Ranma-Chan closed her eyes and rested her forehead against the cool marble.  "Uh… why don't you get in the water?"

 

"Where are you?" Akane asked.

 

"Well…I was told in um training that I should be heard and not seen."

 

Akane groaned.  "That's a stupid rule, but I guess if that's what you were taught in training, I guess you must do it."  She pulled off her towel and laid it neatly on the stone bench.  Akane tested the cleaning pool with her toe and felt that the water was lukewarm.  "I guess they want you to freeze while you get cleaned." Akane laughed a little, which made Ranma-Chan smile a bit at the sound of Akane's laughter.  Akane looked at herself in the mirror to the left of her before she stepped down into the water.  "Oh man look at me, all these bruises all over my body," She cringed.  "It looks like someone used me as a punching bag."

 

Ranma-Chan was so tempted to look, but she closed her eyes tighter and grabbed the stone pillars hard with her hands, the stone crushing a bit under the force of her hold.  "Lady Akane," Ranma-Chan squeaked and then cleared her throat. "Can we get started please?"

 

"I suppose." Akane let out a small puff of air as she walked down the steps into the first pool of cleansing water and sat down on the bottom step.

 

Hearing the water slosh, meant that Akane was in it.  Ranma-Chan peered around the stone column and saw that Akane was only waist deep in the water, but her back was to her direction, which made her sigh with relief.  "All right then, I am coming out now, so please keep your back to me."

 

"You know, I can bathe myself, I can't stand it that they make others do this for me.  Really it's a wasted occupation.  Professional bather, honestly." Akane complained with a slight roll of her eyes.

 

Ranma-Chan laughed, but it was forced.  She was moving closer and closer to Akane.  So just as long as Akane didn't look at her, she would be fine.  She looked around for sponges or wash clothes or something.  Ah ha, Ranma-Chan grabbed the pink wash cloth and bottled soap out of a pearl colored painted basket and walked over to Akane.  "Um…do I really have to get into the water?"

 

Akane nodded. "I think so."

 

She wasn't going to do it, at least not get into the water for she would be too close to Akane, so Ranma-Chan simply put her feet down on the first step and kind of squatted down.  She grabbed the wash cloth and the liquid bottled soap, opening the lid the scent of fresh strawberries tickled her nose.  It was a completely wonderful smell.  Ranma-Chan poured some of the soap onto the wash cloth and worked up a thick lather.  After reaching down and splashing Akane's back with the water, she pressed the cloth to her back and started moving the cloth back and forth over Akane's smooth, lovely skin.

 

Ranma-Chan saw a few bruises and without really thinking about it ran her finger along them.  She felt and saw Akane jump.  "Oh, sorry."

 

She sucked in a deep breath. "It's all right, just watch out for them all right."

 

"They must hurt huh?" Said Ranma-Chan, she feather lightly brushed her fingers over each of the many bruises on her back.

 

"They're a bit tender, but they will heal in a few days."  Akane let out the breath she was holding, as soon as the serving girl started to softly wash her.  She seemed to be spending a lot of time on the back.  Akane coughed lightly.  "You're supposed to wash everywhere."

 

Ranma-Chan's world seemed to fall away, 'Everywhere?! No!' Her mind shouted.  'I can't do it, I'd blow my cover!' her head continued to say.

 

"Here, I'll do it." Akane grabbed the cloth from the serving girl's hand and pressed the soapy cloth to her breasts and started washing herself.  She ran the soapy water down her chest and around her stomach.

 

She could see Akane cleaning every inch of herself with that cloth, actually Ranma-Chan's eyes had a mind of their own and she was looking over Akane's shoulder at the soapy water caressing her breasts, her middle.  Ranma-Chan's eyes widened as Akane plunged the cloth beneath the water making a few quick up and down motions with it.  Ranma-Chan nearly passed out from what she knew exactly where Akane was cleaning.  Akane pulled the cloth out of the water and tossed it the side.  "All right, I'm quite done now."  She stood up slowly and Ranma-Chan got a full view of Akane's shapely behind.  She was about to turn around when Ranma-Chan shouted…

 

"Wait a moment please!" Ranma-Chan jumped up. "Don't turn around."

 

Akane let out a groan. "Oh come on, who cares about those servant rules.  They are ridiculous."

 

"Yes, but I still have to follow them."  Ranma-Chan ran back behind her safe pillar.  "All right you may turn around now." 

 

Looking around she noticed the girl was gone, so quickly Akane opened the soap again and squirted some out in her hand and started rubbing it in her dark hair, she closed her eyes as she massaged the soap into her scalp.  Ranma-Chan from around the pillar was watching Akane closely, her eyes bugged out a little.  She wondered if Akane had always looked this good, her back was slightly arched, her right foot was on a step higher than her left, her and she had her eyes closed washing her hair.  Ranma-Chan laid her cheek against the pillar.  Akane then turned around and looked around for the pearl painted bucket that the soap and cloth were in.  She bent a little reaching for it, Ranma-Chan could not take her eyes from Akane, her heart started beating hard within her chest.  Akane grabbed the bucket and scooped some of the water in it and then turned it up over her head and rinsed the soap out of her hair.  Ranma-Chan had to hold on to the pillar hard or she would have fallen backwards at how incredibly arousing Akane looked with all that water rushing down her body.

 

"Uh, Lady Akane." Ranma-Chan swallowed. "Are you done with your bath now?" she asked breathing hard.

 

Akane sighed and felt clean, she smiled.  "Yes I am."  She heard footsteps coming into the bathroom; it was Midori who smiled at Akane.

 

 "Ah, all clean are we?" Midori scanned the bathroom. "Where is that serving girl I sent in here?"

 

She was going to say something rather important, so Akane cleared her throat. "I think it is appalling that they teach the serving girls that the need to be heard and not seen."

 

Midori looked confused.  "Excuse me, since when do they do that?"

 

"Well the girl said that's what she was taught." Akane argued.

 

Ranma-Chan voice screeched out from behind the pillar. "It's a recent development!"

 

"Oh." Midori said with a shrug of her shoulders, she looked around for Ranma-Chan.  But decided that she must be hiding somewhere.  It really didn't matter much to her where the girl was hiding.  Midori picked up the towel and walked over to Akane, wrapping it around her body, drying her off.  "Are you ready for your massage my lady?" She saw Akane shrug and simply walked over to a granite shelf that was waist high.  Pulling a cushion from out of a cupboard she placed it on the granite.  "There you go, lay down on your front and place your arms by your side."  She gestured to the granite.

 

Akane nodded and headed over, she walked up the three steps and laid down on her stomach. Midori pulled the towel down so it was laid nicely over Akane's backside, she looked around for the serving girl.  "Where is that girl?" She saw Ranma-Chan poke her head out from around her hiding place.  Midori started towards the pillar and at the same time waved Ranma-Chan over.  "All right now, she is ready for you.  Stop behaving like a shy little girl."

 

"If you would only listen to me, I am not-" Ranma-Chan was cut off yet again.

 

"Now, now, it's often to feel a little uneasy about doing this, but in time you will get used to it.  Although in this instance I can get the professional masseuse…" Midori saw Ranma-Chan nodding her head yes quickly as she was still talking. "…up here, I'm sure he can do a fair job."

 

"Wait a minute, he?" Ranma-Chan did not like the idea of another guy coming up here and looking at Akane, let alone touching her.  "On second thought, you should let me take care of it. I can do it, really.  It's just my first day out of training, you know how that goes, right?"

 

Midori smiled. "Now that's what I like to hear, go on then, get to your duties my dear."  And after having said that Midori left the room.

 

Ranma-Chan's eyes narrowed in on the almost naked Akane, but this time she would actually have to be touching her in what seemed like a more intimate fashion.  She groaned, how was she going to get through this?  Slowly and cautiously, Ranma-Chan started approaching Akane.

 

Akane was waiting patiently, remembering not to look in the direction of the serving girl.  "So…what's your name?  I clearly can't just call you serving girl that would be mean."

 

"Uh…" Ranma-Chan thought of a name. "It's uh Rei.  Yeah that's it."

 

"Rei huh, all right then." Akane closed her eyes and heard a loud splash.  Her eyes opened in a flash. "Rei, is that you.  Are you all right?"

 

The no longer female Ranma cursed himself silently; he was so worried about getting over there without Akane seeing him that he didn't look where he was going and stepped on the soap bottle and went sailing silently across the floor and was thrown head first into the steamy bubbly water of the second pool. 

 

Not hearing a response, Akane began to worry. "Rei? Did you drown?" She started to sit up.

 

Ranma felt he would die soon, but he raised his voice higher and hopefully he sort of sounded female.  "Uh…no" He squeaked out, and was relieved he was hiding by the mound of bubbles in the pool."

 

Akane blinked.  "Are you catching a cold; because your voice sounds different."

 

"Heh, Heh, I guess I am."  He sure hoped Akane was buying this. "I've been fighting it all morning, and it seems it's finally caught up with me, I'm sure it sounds like I have a weird frog in my throat or somethin'."

 

"Well you should go to the infirmary after this, they'll make you feel better."

 

"I will." He heard shuffling around and looked through the bubbles noticing that Akane was lying down again facing away from the pool.  This was just great, he looked back at the other pool, he never wanted to change into a girl more in his life than right now.

 

"Rei, you know the sooner you start the sooner you can get out of here." Akane said, "I know you don't want to spend your entire day in my rooms."

 

Not answering, Ranma swam a bit to the steps of the pool and carried himself up the steps, he was dripping water all over the floor since he was now completely soaked.  He found a towel hanging up by where Akane was laying, so he quietly walked over and pulled it off the towel rack and started drying his clothing with it.  He looked down at Akane whose eyes were closed. "Hey, um why don't you face the other direction?"  He could see she was irritated, probably not because of she thought the servant was asking but because she thought it was unfair.  But she merely tilted her head so her face was pointing the opposite way of him.

 

Ranma lifted his hands, which started shaking from nervousness; he closed his eyes, why should he be nervous?  He's fought in near death battles and wasn't afraid, he could stand up to any enemy and not cower before them…Ranma opened his eyes, looking down at Akane's bare back.  He can face an army of ogres and not bat an eye, but with a situation like this and Akane he was completely lost, a situation where he seems not have any control over himself and where his thoughts often drift to concerning her.  In a word Akane was completely and utterly, terrifying. 

 

Moving his hands ever so slowly, they hovered over Akane's back and finally after what seemed like an eternity, he took a deep breath and laid them down on her.  He felt her jump slightly not expecting the contact.  He couldn't help his pulse racing, her skin was so soft and warm, very smooth.  He moved them up to her shoulders and started kneading them. He heard her soft moan and he nearly lost his balance.  "Akane don't do that." He whispered very quietly.

 

"Mm, feels…nice." Akane sighed, feeling a little drowsy.

 

'Yes you do.' Ranma thought to himself biting his lower lip.  He moved his hands all over her upper back and lower back, around her side lightly, trying not to get too close to her breasts, he swallowed hard.  He should get out of here, right now run as fast as he can away from his practically naked ex fiancé.  So why wasn't he leaving?  Why did he stay and tempt fate with his death?  She just felt so good that he couldn't stop himself.  His eyes slid blissfully closed as he continued to massage her with a silly smile upon his face.

 

After a few minutes, Akane's eyes opened and she blinked, careful not to turn around and look at her serving girl.  Something different was going on, her massage started out normal, and then all of a sudden it started changing, the serving girl's fingers felt more like soft caresses rather than massage like.  Akane cleared her throat. "Rei, um, what are you doing?" She asked carefully.

 

"Hmm?" He murmured sort of dazed, not really hearing what Akane had said.

 

"Rei, you seem like a nice girl and all…I, uh, think I'm done. I'm relaxed and all.  So you can stop now."  Akane was as open minded as the next gal, but she was just not attracted to other girls, to each her own.

 

Ranma, who was forgetting something very important, said: "Oh okay."

 

Akane's eyes widened, that sounded like a guy's voice not a girl's. The more she thought about it, the more familiar that particular voice sounded, wait a minute… she knew who that was!  She felt her temper spark, does that mean that he was in here the whole time?  No wonder the girl said not to look at her.  Why that no good… she was going to kill him, right now.

  

Realizing what he said and how he said it, Ranma jumped back as Akane lifted herself up off the cushion and pulling the towel up and wrapping it around herself.  She lifted her head and saw him. 

 

"Ranmaaa, you are a dead man."

 

He was shocked, and obsessed, man she looked hot when she was angry. "Uh…uh Akane, I can explain." Ranma held his hands up defensively.

 

Akane jumped off the table landing in front of him, pain for him clearly shone in her eyes.  "It was you the entire time, wasn't it?"  She didn't need to know the answer to that since she already knew it.  "Ranma, you pervert!"  She tightened her fist and tried to hit him but he moved out of the way in time. "Stay still and take your punishment like a man!" She made to hit him again but he again moved out of the way of her fist.  He jumped up over her head and landing behind her.  Akane twirled around and headed towards him.  Ranma simply backed away.

 

"Okay, okay.  This time I admit it, I was behaving like pervert, but you can't get mad a me for it.  This time it couldn't be helped, honest!"  He watched as she grabbed some kind of stick off one of the benches, she was going to hurt him with that he just knew it.  "I tried to tell that lady that I wasn't one of your serving girls but she just kept cutting me off.  All I needed was hot water, really.  It was completely innocent."  'well not exactly innocent.' Ranma thought with a weird fake smile upon his face.

 

"Innocent! You call all of this innocent?" She swung at him and he moved away, narrowly missing being hit.

 

"Akane!" He turned around and started running from her as she chased after him swinging her stick at him.  "Akane please reconsider this whole pain for me idea, really, I don't deserve it.  Really I don't."  'Yes I do' his mind argued, 'No I don't, just whose side are you on?' He questioned himself in his mind.  Thinking quickly, Ranma ran passed the bucket on the floor and picked it up.  He tossed it behind him and it landed on Akane's head.

 

"Not fair!" She shouted and stopped chasing him, Akane took the bucket off her head.  She looked around and he was gone, "Typical Ranma, what an idiot."

 

"Hey!" Ranma shouted and covered his mouth with his hands alarmed.  What was he doing hiding from a girl, from Akane?  He grinned, because it was fun.

 

Akane turned her head in all directions looking for him, he was in here somewhere she heard his loud: "Hey!"  She slowly walked about the bathroom, looking in all places he could hide; she was coming to one of the pillars that he was hiding behind.  "I'm going to find you Ranma, and when I do…"

 

He snickered. "Akane I can see you, and your towel is coming loose."

 

"Huh?"  Akane looked down and noticed the knot was coming undone.  "Yikes."  Perhaps it wasn't the wisest thing to do in chasing this pervert around in nothing but a towel.  As she was preoccupied in retying her knot to prevent the towel from falling off, Ranma crept up behind her and as soon as she was done tying her knot, he tapped her on the shoulder.  Akane spun around and crashed right into him.  "Ranma!" 

 

Ranma knew she was going to jump away from him and try to attack him again, so to prevent her from doing that his arms shot out quickly and he wrapped them around her waist.  "There now you can't attack me." He sounded smug.

 

"Hey!" Akane struggled within his hold. "Let go of me right now Ranma or else."

 

"Ha, no way, you'll try and injure me." Ranma, right now really didn't care if she tried to hurt him, and besides he rather liked where she was. "This is kinda nice anyways." He saw her cheeks flame and he grinned and pulled her just a little bit closer.

 

Akane reached down and slapped at his arms, trying to bat them away from her.  "Enough of this silliness Ranma, cut it out. It's not funny."

 

"I wasn't trying to be funny." He said calmly, even though his heart was pounding a mile a minute.

 

Resuming her struggle, Akane tried to move herself away from him, even though parts of her mind said that this is really nice, yet the more logical part said, 'what are you nuts, why are you standing here like this?  You'll get him killed.' 

 

Since she was closer to him, every move she made caused him to bit down on his lower lip, beings she was…not really knowing the effects this has…rubbing herself against him.  This time, Ranma could not suppress his moan. "A...Akane, stop that."

 

"Not until you let go of me." She said not really hearing how he sounded.

 

He shook his head. "No… Akane you really shouldn't do that…Really."  He said tightly, sucking in a long breath.

 

Stopping suddenly, Akane eyes went wider than ever feeling exactly the point Ranma was making.  "Oh God, Ranma! Honestly."

 

"Hey, it's your fault.  I'm a guy and you shouldn't have been wiggling around like that."  He tried to calm himself down.

 

She rolled her eyes. "Yeah sure blame me," Akane still did not move a millimeter.  "What are you still doing here anyway; I thought I told you to go home?"

 

"You did, but I'm not going anywhere."

 

Her eyes narrowed. "What? Why not?"

 

Ranma cleared his throat. "Does it really matter Akane?"

 

"Yes!  You shouldn't be here at all.  Doesn't it matter at all to you that I…don't like you."  Akane avoided his eyes.  "It could also be said that I hate you."

 

"You don't hate me."  Ranma said a little quietly.

 

Her eyes slammed to his. "Yes I do."  Brown held blue for a moment, that was until he smiled lightly, then her eyes shifted to the pink tile of the floor.

 

"No you don't," Ranma softly said, lifting his hand and lightly pressing it against Akane's cheek. "I know you don't, there is no way that you could hate me."

 

Akane shook her head slowly. "But I do, I do."  Her voice was soft and breathy, and after taking in a quiet breath she felt his other hand come up and lightly traced her other cheek with light pressing fingers, finally cupping her face with both hands.  Her eyes were sliding closed. "Ranma…"

 

"Yes Akane?" He leaned closer to her, his gaze dropped to her pretty pink lips. 

 

"Ranma…I…"

 

"You what?" Ranma said quietly into her ear.

 

"I…I don't…hate you."

 

A small, pleased smile crossed his features, and he traced his thumb along her cheek, "I know." And he covered her mouth with his.  Oh this felt nice, maybe a little too nice.  He certainly didn't plan on kissing her.  But here he was, doing just that and she wasn't trying to clobber him for it, does that mean she wanted to too?  He groaned at the pure hot contact of his mouth on hers, that his hands slid down to her back, to her waist and he pulled her tighter up against him.  Just what was he thinking? He has never kissed a girl before, well in the way he wanted too anyway.

 

Akane felt him pullback a little, looking at her.  Her face was so flushed and she couldn't believe he had done that, and she had let him.  And why was he looking at her like that, with those deep blue eyes of his.  The way he was staring at her, made her whole body tingle.  "Ranma-"  She was interrupted as his mouth took hers again, but it was different, it was hotter and much stronger, and there was no protest at all within her.  In fact Akane wrapped her own arms around him, clinging to him as he experimentally nudging her lips apart, and softly, unsure touching his tongue to hers.  He felt her jump a little but then softly sigh as they both together were learning this very nice, hot and well pleasurable way of …

 

"Lady Akane, are you in there?" It was Mayumi's voice from within in the bedroom, and as if a bucket of cold water landed on her, Akane quickly and surprisingly pushed Ranma away from her and into the pool of cool water. 

 

Looking up the red headed Ranma-Chan was really confused, wondering why she had done that.  Akane who had turned towards the door was Mayumi rushed inside the bathroom.

 

"Lady Akane is everything all right?"  Mayumi noticed that Akane's face was so red and her eyes narrowed in on Akane's mouth which was a bit swollen.  "What was going on in here?"

 

"I had just finished my bath, and my serving girl…" Akane pointed down to Ranma-Chan sitting in the water. "Fell in. she is quite clumsy."

 

"Sure." Mayumi looked at Ranma-Chan suspiciously.  "Anyway, it is time to dress you Lady Akane, it is almost time for dinner."

 

"Oh right, I'll be right in."

 

Mayumi nodded and turned around heading back inside the room, Letting out a much relieved breath Akane turned around to see Ranma-Chan stand up completely soaked.  Akane couldn't help but giggle softly, her hand covering her mouth so she wouldn't laugh too loudly.  "Sorry about that."  She continued to laugh even more when Ranma-Chan rolled her eyes. But then hearing her soft laughter Ranma-Chan couldn't help herself from laughing at the situation as well.  Well,  things are definitely starting to look up, for now.

 

=======

Well that's it for episode 7, Yeah I know it was really long but so much had to happen in this one.  I hope everyone enjoyed it though.  Stay tuned for the next episode.

 

Remember to review,

Thanks,

Ryoko Blue