Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ Stranger, Sister, Daughter ❯ Later that day ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Stranger, Sister, Daughter

By Ryouga's best friend

Part 3

Kasumi slipped in the door quietly, hoping not to alert anyone. She was late with dinner and her errands took a bit longer than expected. Placing her coat on the hanger she peeked around the corner. The living room was empty, *Perfect* she thought grateful as she rushed into the kitchen. Upon entering she was hit with a delicious aroma, a whole meal was already prepared. On the stove two pots bubbled quietly; the vegetables were cleaned, cut, spiced and fried; Fish and chicken sat in pans sizzling and ready to eat. In front of the large meal stood Sasami, her arms behind her back and an unsure expression on her face dressed in Akane's old cooking apron. "Oh my" she said very surprised.

"I.. I thought you could use a break" Sasami said reluctantly. The eldest Tendo sister snapped out of her stupor and gave the younger girl a small smile.

"It's delightful, thank you very much" she replied kindly, causing that the younger girl to girl beam with joy. Kasumi took a small taste of the fish and her mouth exploded with flavor. "Sasami… this is amazing" she stated in surprise, considering how old the young cook was she must have been cooking most her life.

"Thanks, I'm glad you like it" The younger girl replied shyly, Kasumi smiled back. The two of them brought the food out to the table and called the others to dinner. The older men were the first to arrive having only been on the porch, they were shortly followed by Akane and Nabiki from upstairs who had been working on homework… but Ranma never came.

"Where could he be?" Kasumi wonder aloud.

"Last I saw him he was on his way to the dojo" Akane said while standing, "I'll go check". A few moments later Akane's voice could be heard by the other side of the house "Ryouga?!".

* * * * *

In the dojo Ranma and Ryouga's arms were locked together with Ranma pinned against the wall, feet dangling off the ground. "Today Ranma is where I get my revenge" The lost boy growled twisting his enemy's arms slightly. Ranma breathed in sharply trying not to panic, he had to wait for his opportunity to act.

"Some revenge pig boy, jumping me when I have my back turned. Can't take me in a fair fight" he goaded, *the angrier Ryouga is the more mistakes he makes* he thought calmly feeling even more pressure applied to his shoulders *if he doesn't break me in half first* he continued a bit more worried.

"Shut up, I'm not falling for your tricks. I will defeat you and nothing is going to stop me" he replied angrily. Ranma could feel the energy building up in Ryouga's muscles, *He is gonna to try and break my arms! * Ranma exclaimed mentally, he opened his mouth to speak but was interrupted by a voice from the door of the dojo.

"Ryouga?!" Akane exclaimed in surprise.

"A-Akane?" The lost boy got a chill up his spine, he turned to see the love of his life Akane Tendo. Fortunately for Ranma in his rival's nervousness he loosened the hold.

"Now's my chance" he whispered. Acting swiftly he pushed Ryouga's arms out of the way, jumped and kicked him hard in the face with both legs sending the lost boy barreling through the fence and into the yard across the street. For his part Ranma landed painfully on his left shoulder coming down from the kick. Shocked Akane ran to his side as the rest of the family appeared in the doorway.

"Ranma are you okay?" she asked very worried.

"I've been better" he responded honestly standing up again massaging his left shoulder slightly. Akane look visibly relieved, and after a small silent moment they spoke this time more in key with their normal conversations.

"You should really stop picking on Ryouga all the time" she stated a matter-of-factly.

"Picking on him?" he replied, "he jumped me on the way into dinner, I hadn't even said a word!" he shouted.

"Well you must have done something to him"

"Come on Akane, I haven't-" he started, but before the argument could begin Ryouga came charging across the street, umbrella in hand.

"Ranma!" he bellowed pulling back his arm and with a might heave he launched the weighted umbrella toward the quarrelling pair.

"Akane watch out!" Ranma pushed Akane to the other side of the dojo and dived out of the way. There was a distinct crunch sound as the unusual weapon embedded itself in the wall. The lost boy reentered the dojo

"I make you pay for that cheap shot Saotome".

"I'm ready for ya now pig boy" Sasami watched wide-eyed as the two teens engaged in a fierce, fast paced fight. Blows flew back and forth coming from all directions but neither boy could break through the others defense.

"What's going on Akane-san? Why are they fighting?" the younger girl asked confused. Akane was still a bit shaken from Ranma's push.

"They're rivals, they've been fighting since they were children. Normally Ranma instigates Ryouga into fights, but today I'm not so sure…" she answered to the best of her knowledge. Sasami winced at a loud 'thwack' sound. When she looked up Ranma was on the floor breathing heavily, but Ryouga was no where to be seen. There was a long silence as Ranma got to his feet and looked idly at the new hole in the dojo roof.

"So… What's for dinner?" he asked innocently causing everyone else to fall to the floor in a heap.

* * * * *

After a few minutes the family all sat done to eat, Sasami waited anxiously as the family ate their first course. "Ah great as always my dear Kasumi" Soun praised.

"Ha ha Kasumi's cooking always gives me a warm feeling in my heart" Genma chuckled as he grabbed seconds. The eldest Tendo sister took a sip of tea.

"Those are very kind words Father, but I didn't make any of this" she replied calmly causing everyone but Ranma and Akane to freeze. Nabiki dared a look to Akane.

"Than you sis" she asked with a tinge of fear.

"Nope, I was studying tonight" she replied receiving a collective sigh f relief from her family. "And just WHAT is that suppose to mean?" she growled nearly snapping her chop sticks.

"Nah, it was Sasami here who made it" Ranma butted in causally patting the younger girl on the back. Sasami for her part blushed a deep red and nodded. After a short pause the table erupted with praise, which only embarrassed the girl more. The dinner went on as usual with idle chat of the day, school happenings, home issues, recent unprovoked attacks (Ranma's conversation point of choice), you know the usual. Though as quickly as it started the meal had come to an end and as Kasumi and Akane cleaned up, Sasami approached Ranma.

"Um… Ranma" she asked reluctantly. The boy in question was on his way to his room to take a nap due to the semi-beating he just received, but wouldn't admit phased him.

"Yeah"

"I was wondering if you could show me around nermia, so I could learn my way around" she continued fiddling around with her shirt nervously. "If it's to much of a bother I understand I can jus-" she added almost immediately.

"Sure" he replied casually.

"Really" she spoke hopefully.

"Yeah just let me get my scarf, its kind of chilly out" he said with an unconscious smile as she jovially ran into Kasumi's room to get her coat. For some reason he felt good whenever she was happy. That thought still in his mind he got his scarf and waited by the door.

"Ranma?" A voice asked curiously from behind him. He glanced over his shoulder to see a perplexed Akane.

"Oh hey Akane, what's up?" he greeted cheerfully.

"Where are you off to?" she asked mildly suspicious.

"I'm just showin' the kid around town before it gets too late" he said rolling his eyes, she had that I-don't-trust-you look in her eyes. He sighed but his good mood still held firm "you don't got to be all paranoid Akane, I'm just being nice to the kid is all".

"That's exactly it, I've never seen you act this nice to anyone" she pointed out, "not even to me" she added quietly. Ranma was in quiet awe at that statement, Akane quickly turned to leave. "But you can do whatever you want, it's not like I care" she finished haughtily as she headed toward the stairs. At the same moment Sasami excitedly rushed down the stairs. The two collided and landed in a heap on the floor. Ranma rushed over worried.

"I'm SO sorry Akane-san, I wasn't paying attention" The younger girl said climbing off "Are you okay?" she asked worried. The older of the two girls sat up shaking the cobwebs from her head.

"Y-yeah, I'm fine" she replied a bit shaken. Ranma sheepishly offered a hand up, to which a surprised Akane accepted.

"Hey Akane… you wanna come with?" he asked as casually as he could, "I'm sure Sasami wouldn't mind, right kiddo?" he inquired to the younger girl.

"Sure, that would be great" she replied her excitement returning. Akane was stunned for a moment but then smiled.

"I'd like that"

A/N- That was part 3, much shorter than… just about anything else I've written. This was more of an interlude chapter, but I hope you enjoy it anyway. I tell you part 4 will be very fun. Ranma, Akane and Sasami go around Nerima showing all the sites and meeting the other crazy residents. Please Review! Je ne…