Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Witch Hunter Robin Fan Fiction ❯ Witch Hunter 1/2 ❯ chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Witch hunter ½
Chapter 2
 
11 years ago a great tragedy befell a great man and it broke him. His friends, family and those who know him miss him. 3 months after the death of his wife in a fight against what we now call witches he disappeared. It was as if he had disappeared into darkness. Now he is back darker and angrier.
--00000---
 
Nerima grave yard.
 
Ranma stood at the gravestone and looking at it. The rain was drizzling down making him change into his curse form he places the roses over the grave and sat down next to it. “Hey Akane…….” Ranma greets softly. He was shaking not from the cold but from his grief. “I'm sorry I didn't come during the past few years…… I had to find my way again. Loosing you was……….” Ranma stops choking on his words as tears fall from his face. Ranma sits there silently letting the rain fall on him.
 
0000000
 
 
STN-J meeting room.
 
“Who the hell was that??!!” Miho said angrily as she sits down on the bench.
“Here I pulled up his files.” Michael said as he pulls up the files on Ranma on the main screen. “Classified. Crap this guy is a regular mystery guy.” Michael said as he types on the keyboard as he tries to unlock the file.
The file was heavily encrypted.
Finally he got it and the screen changes.
< ALL INFORMATION ON INDIVIDUAL IS CLASSIFIED. ONLY PERSONNEL WITH LEVEL OMEGA SECURITY CLEARENCE IS ALLOWED. >
“Whew….” Michael's eyes went wide as he read what was coming up on the screen.
The others gather around the monitor.
The emblems of various intelligence agencies came up.
“Holy…..” Sasaki mutters.
The emblems of the NSA, CIA, Interpol, MI-6, KGB and various other intelligence agencies some of them couldn't recognise.
The ones that caught the groups' eyes were the Hellsing, the Vatican and Solomon's emblems.
After a few minutes the file opens with two pictures of Ranma one male and one female.
“Who is that?” Miho points at the girl Ranma.
“Let me see. It says that that is the curse form of his.” Michael said reading the file.
“What he's a freak??” Yurika said taken aback.
“Nope says here that he got a curse when he was in China training. Wow he's 29 but he looks 18.” Michael said as he runs through the data.
“What else does it say?” Amon asks.
“Is he a witch?”
“Says here that he's not.” Michael said as he searches through.
“That's not possible he froze that guy into a block of ice. And he fought off Robin.” Sasaki said his eyes going wide.
“And what the hell is Hellsing??” Miho said annoyed.
Michael types on the keyboard and soon information on Hellsing was on the screen.
“Holy crap…..” Michael said swallowing and shaking a bit in fear.
“Ummmm they are the same group who stop the spate of vampire killings in Europe. They are professionals…..” Michael said as he closes the file.
“…….” The whole room goes silent.
 
 
00000000
 
 
“Akane I have to go.” Ranma got up and faces the gravestone.
“I love you.' Ranma said silently and bends down to kiss the stone then straightening and leaving the graveyard in the setting sun.
He did not notice that he was being spied on.
“This is Alpha 2 target is leaving. Should I continue with following him?” the man said into the phone as his partner watches Ranma.
“Continue and keep me updated on his movement.” With that the car starts up and they were soon following Ranma.
 
 
000000000
 
 
Ranma roof hops his way back to the building.
It was all ready night but he could see that some one was still around.
He leaps up and lands gracefully on the roof and exits the roof.
He makes his way down.
He hears some one typing and some one else moving around in the darkness.
Ranma enters the office and sees Michael and the girl who attacked him this afternoon.
“Oh hi Ranma.” Michael greets as he takes a bite out of the donut Robin had bought for him.
Ranma looks at Robin coldly.
“Would you like one?” She walks over and offers him the box.
With a swift motion Ranma knocks the box out from her hands and turns away.
“I don't want anything from you .” Ranma said as he walks away.
The two stood there not knowing what to do.
Robin walks over to the box and starts to pick up the scattered donuts from the floor.
“What the hell is that guys problem….” Michael said shaking his head as he helps Robin.
“I don't know….” Robin said sadly.
 
00000000000
 
`Beep, Beep, Beep.' Robin rose from her sleep she picks up the cell phone next to her table.
She flips it open.
“Hello.” Robin answers.
“Robin this is Juliano.” The voice in the phone said.
“Oh….” Robin was shocked she looks at the clock on the wall.
It was 3 in the morning.
It must be important to have him personally call her.
“……” Robin did not know what to say.
“Robin do not say anything just listen. As you know you have a new member in your group am I not correct?” Juliano pauses.
“He is an enigma. He is very powerful and skilful. He has decimated the ranks in Solomon before we could stop him. Do not trifle with him.”
“Are you all right but I am not a witch I'm just a craft user? Juliano?” Robin asks worried for her mentor.
“I'm fine. It did not matter to him any one he feels is a witch he decimates. I was the only one to stop him. I have not seen so much hatred and sadness in a man before…..” Juliano said his voice wavering. “Robin he is a potential ally or an enemy is unknown to us. It is hard for me to ask you of this. Please be careful around him. Good night Robin and may god look after you.” With that Juliano cuts the connection.
Robin sits in her bed her head spinning.
It was impossible Solomon has many powerful hunters craft users and he was only one man.
She lies back down on the bed.
Suddenly her phone rings again. She picks it up.
“Hello.” Robin answers.
“Robin this is Michael. There is another case will you come over to the office now.” Michael tells Robin.
“All right I'll be there in a while.” Robin puts away the phone and gets out of bed.
She lets the blanket fall from her naked body and she proceeds to put on her clothes and do up her hair.
 
 
0000000000000
 
 
The whole team was gathered at the meeting room.
Michael was bringing up the finding of the new case they were on.
Ranma was standing at the corner not even bothering to sit down keeping his distance from Robin. Robin was looking at Ranma as he stood there.
She shivered when she came into the meeting room the others too were shivering as they talk.
Robin was puzzled at why Ranma was so aggressive towards witches and craft users.
Amon turns to Ranma.
“Ranma I know you are new in the team. I don't know what you did in other organisations but now you are working in STN-J and you play by the rules. Understand.” Amon said looking at Ranma.
“Our goal is to capture and neutralise witches not kill them I want you to watch how you use your powers or I'll….” Amon couldn't finish as Ranma walks towards him and takes off his shades.
“You'll what shoot me. Yeah right. Keep out of my way and everything will be fine, as for capture and neutralise that's not my style any witch who gets in my way will be eliminated by me.” Ranma said his cold blue eyes looking at Amon.
He turns around and walks out the room.
“Pray that you get to the witch before I do.” Ranma said as he left.
“That bastard….” Miho curses.
“You guys might want to read this before you say anything else.” Michael said as he pulls up a file and displays it on the screen.
“I pulled his personal records out and did some reading. Man is this guy's life a mess.” Michael said as he shakes his head.
The other crowed around the monitor wanting to find out what made Ranma what he was.
“You guys remember the Nerima incident 11 years ago? When the first cases of witches turn up.” Michael said as he points to the pictures on the screen.
There were 5 pictures of 4 women and a man.
“This girl was Ranma's wife Akane.” Michael points to a picture.
“She was killed during their wedding day by a witch. One of the first cases of rouge craft users then. This is his mother and his friends Ukyou Konji and Kodachi Kuno,the man is Tatewaki Kuno the brother of Kodachi. They were caught in the crossfire and were killed. Reports by the police point that the killer was a schoolmate of theirs they never found him until 2 months later in an alley frozen and in pieces. Witnesses say that they saw Ranma killed him but the authorities dismissed it. Ranma then disappears for the next 10 or so years. According to the data he's been going around finding witches and taking them down one by one as if on a mission as to date he has killed about 250 witches from all over the world.” Michael said as the data appears on the screen.
“That explains the other agencies emblems.” Amon said as he reads through the data too.
“He's been busy. He help prevent several high profile killings involving witches among other things the list goes on and on.” Michael said as he leans back on his seat.
“That explains why he doesn't like witches and craft users.” Miho shakes her head wondering how can a person hate for so long.
Robin was speechless as she reads the data on her screen according to the data he was just an ordinary person not a seed or a craft user but how can he be so powerful.
“May I go through the files myself. I would also like to know more about the Nerima incident.” Robin told Michael.
“Sure not a problem.” Michael said as he prints the information on Ranma for her.
“Enough about him you got any information on the witch or anything on the body found in the park?” Amon said.
“There is none so far but according to the autopsy reports it looks like the body was badly mutilated, pecked to be exact.” Michael said as he reads the report.
“Hmmmmm. Robin you and Niho go to the north side of the park and look around me and Sasaki will take the south side.” Amon said as he leaves the room Sasaki following him.
 
 
00000000000
 
According to the police reports Ranma got states that the body was found at the park.
Ranma heads over there and looks around.
It looks all right as he wanders around the park.
He arrives at the crime scene.
He looks around for clues but finds that there were many crows hanging around in the trees.
Ranma frowns he closes his eyes letting his inner senses to feel around for any clues.
His senses flare as he felt a witch nearby.
“Got you.” Ranma said as he walks away.
Miho and Robin were looking around Miho bends down to see if she could scry a clue.
Robin looks around and sees a girl painting near the lake.
It was the same girl she passes every morning when she goes for a walk.
She walks over to her wanting to ask if she had seen anything.
As she walks over she is surprise to see that there were many crows perch on the trees.
She backs away remembering what Michael had told them.
“Miho!” she calls out. Miho was brought out from her trance. She looks up
“What the hell??!!” Miho cursed as she stands up.
She had almost got it when Robin interrupted her.
“What is it Robin?” she asks irritatedly.
“Look!” Robin points at the trees.
“Oh god crows.” She pulls out her gun.
“Careful Robin.” She warns as the two cautiously made their way over to the girl painting.
Just then Ranma walks out from a bush.
And he was standing a few meters away from the girl.
“Hello witch.” Ranma said as he watches the girl, she turns over to him.
The girls were surprised at Ranma's sudden appearance.
Miho quickly runs over and grabs the girl but she trips and the girl falls with her.
The girl looks up she was angry her face in a mask of anger.
“You have made me dirty!!!” she screams as she stood up.
Miho was surprised.
A whole cloud of crows was hurling at her.
Ranma steps in front of her and held up her hand
“Moko Takabisha!”
A ball of red energy fly at the flock of crows and consumes all of them.
Then Ranma looks at the girl “DIE.”
Ranma lets his soul of ice to flow from him and towards the girl.
“Nooooooo!!” a flame blocks the mists.
Ranma turns around to see Robin standing there breathing heavily.
“I won't let you kill her.” Robin said trying her best to stand it took a lot of her power just to block Ranma's power.
“And who is going to stop me.” Ranma said menacingly as he walks forward.
Using his soul of ice to lash out trying to hit the girl Robin was trying to protect.
The girl screams and screams sending flocks of crows went flying at Ranma but before they could reach him they were all killed by several blast of Moko Takabishas.
Robin was trembling in fear as Ranma got closer.
Miho took out her gun and shoots at Ranma but his cold aura stops the orbo-laden bullets before they hit him.
Miho shifts her gun towards the girl and shoots her.
She falls to the ground after several shots hit her.
Amon and Sasaki manage to arrive just as the girl fell to the ground.
“Damn you!” Ranma curses and back away not willing to kill a down person. He didn't like witches but he wouldn't kill them in cold blood.
He turns away.
“You got lucky next time you won't be that lucky.” Ranma scowls at them and leaps away.
 
0000000000000000000
 
Robin was shaking as she fell to the ground her legs giving way.
“Robin are you all right?” Amon walks over and helps her to stand.
“Yes I'm all right.” She said as she stands.
“That bastard! When I get my hands on him he's going down!!!” Miho shouts shaking her fist at the direction Ranma left. Sasaki shakes his head and calls for the factory to take the unconscious witch into custody.
“Why??” Robin said in a soft voice.
 
 
00000000000000000000
 
 
Robin was taking a walk and decides to go to the café close by.
She enters and she notices Ranma sitting at the bar nursing a drink.
The owner of the café sees Robin and waves her to sit.
He comes out from behind the bar and walks towards the table Robin was sitting.
“The usual?” He asks smiling at Robin.
“Yes please.” Robin said as she kept her eyes on Ranma. He was downing several glasses of alcohol as if he was drinking water.
“You know him?” The owner asks looking over at Ranma.
“Yes he is one of my colleges.” Robin answers.
“How long has he been here??” Robin asks.
“Oh he's been here for 2 hours now and he had several bottles. He's working on his third.” The owner said shaking his head.
All his time working in the café he has never seen some one drink so much and so depressed at the same time before.
Robin looks at Ranma who was at the bar.
She could see that he had tears in his eyes.
She walks over to Ranma wondering if she could talk to him.
“Ranma….” Robin softly calls out his name.
“Wha…” Ranma turns to see Robin.
“What do you want…” Ranma asks slurring a bit as he pours another drink for himself.
“I wanted to say thank you for saving Miho today.” Robin said looking down afraid to look at Ranma in his eyes.
“I did not save her. Save your thanks.” Ranma said coldly the gulps his drink down.
“I….” Robin starts to say.
The glass in Ranma's hands brakes into pieces.
“I don't need your pity girl.” Ranma said as he staggers up grabbing the bottle and walks away.
 
 
 
000000000000000
 
That night in her room, Robin takes out the file and starts to read.
The file on Ranma was very extensive and detailed.
She was amazed that he was a normal human.
The more she reads the more she is intrigue by Ranma.
She finds several addresses in the file and decides to pay a visit to one of them, which was in Nerima. She puts away the file and switches off the light.
That night she dreamt the man with the saddest blue eyes she had ever seen.
 
 
0000000000000000
 
 
 
Whew.
Finally, another chapter up. I'm sorry to keep you all waiting but I had a lot of personal commitment to catch up on. And I'm not too sure when the next chapter might be I apologise.
Should I do a pairing btw Ranma x Robin?? Or should I have a person from his past to make that pairing?? Any suggestions??
Well until the next chapter.
 
STN-J Is and acronym for STATION Japan. STN-J is one of the branches formed by Solomon to tackle the witch problem in Japan.
 
.