Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ A Big Help ❯ The Cosmic Senshi on TV ( Chapter 17 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A Big Help
A Ranma one half/Sailor Moon crossover fanfic
By Michael A. Ivins
 
Mykon and Jora are my original creation so nobody use them without permission. The rest of these characters are the property of their creators, publishers anime production companies, etc. I write this for fun and make no profit off it.
 
 
Chapter 17
The Cosmic Senshi on TV
 
The following day at the home of Mizuno Ami the senshi had a meeting. Usagi slapped a folded newspaper on the table. On the page displayed there was a drawing of a woman in shorts with a abbreviated sailor top. Angrily she demanded, “How dare they call themselves Senshi? That outfit looks more like what the girls wore in that hentai anime `Sailor Sluts' that came out last year (when they were wearing any clothes at all).”
 
All of the girls winced at the reference. That was an episode they would all rather forget. In spite of the unfortunate resemblance of the outfits of the giants to the characters in that anime, Ami recalled that their clothes were actually more modest than those worn by the Sailor Starlights.
 
In a reasonable tone Ami argued, “Does it really matter? If they are fighting the monsters, I don't care if they call themselves Senshi or the Queens of the Universe. We need the help.”
 
Usagi just glared at her. Makoto observed, “You're still upset about what that woman said to you last night.”
 
The blonde turned to the Senshi of Jupiter and complained, tears in her eyes, “She said we're not real heroes. We've risked our lives so many times. We actually did die and came back.”
 
Rei took her turn trying to sooth their leader. “Usagi, they had nothing bad to say about us in that paper. The TV people had nothing bad to say. The only person who had anything bad to say was that one woman. She just escaped being squashed by a car. It's understandable she was upset. Her boyfriend said she idolized the senshi. She didn't mean it.”

Tears were now dripping down Usagi's cheeks. “We've been trying so hard. We fought almost every day for two months; I'm tired. Maybe I am being too sensitive.”
 
Ami looked at the paper in front of her. “From what the papers say, these giants sound like they have real powers. They were really flying, not just roof hopping. They handled those cars like they were toys, so I guess it's safe to say they have super strength. Then there is that laser beam.”
 
Minako asked, “Could they be some kind of robots or androids?”
 
Before Ami could answer, Setsuna said in a thoughtful tone, “Giants… I remember something about giants. It was back in the Silver Millennium. I can't pin it down.”

The rest of the girls looked startled. Now that Pluto mentioned it there was just the ghost of a memory. Nothing terribly specific but the feeling that at some point during their past lives some giants had played a very important role.
 
Ami started typing on the Mercury computer. “I think remember that too. I'm going to search the Moon Kingdom database for every reference to giants, cross referenced with the Senshi.”
 
Minako said, “I think we need to meet these giants.”
 
Makoto asked, “What if it's some kind of set up. When they weren't able to get rid of us with the monsters, maybe this is a new ploy to get us.”
 
Usagi put in, “I don't think so. As upset as that woman got me, I still don't get the feeling that the giants mean us harm. Maybe they did show us up, but it's not like they are attacking us.”
 
Ami paused her typing. “We don't have information to say one way or the other. I also have the feeling they're the `good guys.' I wouldn't like to bet my life on just that feeling.”
 
The rest agreed to the sense of that.
 
That night at the Tendo dojo Ranma and Akane watched the news. There was another report of a fight where the Cosmic Senshi faced off against the “monster of the day.” The reporter read, “Eyewitnesses report that the Cosmic Senshi confronted a monster that looked like a humanoid wolf-beast, something like a movie werewolf. The creature grabbed a broken piece from a concrete wall it had knocked down and threw it, killing a bystander.”
 
“According to the eyewitnesses the brown haired giant woman became angry and charged forward with one fist blazing with a red glow. She then…” the reporter paused then gulped before continuing, “punched the monster's head completely off its body.”
 
Ranma turned off the TV. “I must remember never to get Jora mad at me.”
 
Akane just said, “Yeah.”
 
The following evening saw a change in the city of Tokyo. The appearance of the Cosmic Senshi had produced an upsurge of confidence on the part of the public. More people were out at night. In the street in front of a TV station a reporter with his cameraman were doing `man on the street' interviews to gage the public reaction to the new senshi.
 
The reporter stopped a woman and asked, “Could we have moment of your time ma'am?”
 
She looked nervous but agreed. The reporter asked, “I see that you are out in the evening. Does the presence of the Cosmic Senshi give you confidence that it's safe to go out at night again?”
 
The woman said, “I had business I needed to take care of. As the business with that poor man last night proves, even the strongest heroes can't be everywhere at once. While I'm glad there are new, stronger senshi to fight the monsters, I'll be happier when the attacks stop completely.”
 
The reporter pulled back his microphone to speak into it. “Thank you for sharing that with us today.” The woman gave a short bow and headed off.
 
“Well, there you have it. The overall reaction to the Cosmic Senshi is positive. Still, everyone I've spoken to wants to know when the attacks will stop. I think we can all agree with that. This is Kashahara Kenji reporting, back to you in the studio.”
 
He made a mock slash of his hand across his throat to indicate that he was done and the cameraman turned off the feed to the station.
 
Suddenly a sound like the cracking of a whip could be heard. At that sound some people in the street took off running away from the sound and the line of light that had appeared in the air. Not newsman Kenji.
 
The newsman tapped the cameraman on the head and said, “Quick, get that.”
 
The cameraman turned the camera on the forming gateway. He had been too busy with the camera before to realize the significance of the whipcrack sound, but now he said, “Uh, Kenji? Shouldn't we be… I don't know… RUNNING?”
 
Unmindful of the possible danger, the reporter said, “Are you crazy? An opportunity like this comes along maybe once in a lifetime. This could make both of our careers.”
 
The cameraman was willing to take a few risks but was well aware that a better salary didn't mean anything if you aren't alive to cash the paycheck. He replied, “OK, but I hope you don't mind if I don't get any closer.”
 
The reporter wasn't totally crazy. “Yeah, a long shot might be a good idea.”
 
While they watched the reporter began a low voiced commentary on what was happening. He didn't bother describing the events but tried to clarify and to give his impressions of things.
 
The creature was large, bulky and slow moving. The impression one got was like that of a living tank but with legs instead of wheels or tracks. The body was covered with what looked like thick armor plating. It was so heavy that it couldn't move fast, but with that amount of mass it seemed unlikely that it would need to. It moved forward and stepped on one of the parked cars, crushing it.
 
It was at this moment that the Cosmic Senshi came swooping in and the cameraman pulled back on the zoom to get both the monster and the giant women in the shot.
 
The platinum blonde giant stepped forward and said, “This one should be easy.” Sailor Universe stood with arm raised up and hand outstretched. The cameraman looked through the viewer on his camera and thought he could detect something happening in the air over the monster.
 
The effect looked a little like the heat distortion in a desert or over the street on a hot day, a sort of ripple in the air you couldn't be sure was actually there. This distortion seemed to taking the shape of a thick disk hovering over the body of the monster.
 
The monster seemed to sense that something was happening above it and tried to move to escape. The hovering disk moved to follow the creature. The monster began to get frantic and moved faster but its weight and mass wouldn't let it move at any kind of speed fast enough to escape.
 
Sailor Universe spoke, “Monster, I realize you were created solely for destruction. It isn't your fault that you come to fulfill your designed function. Nevertheless, you cannot be allowed to end the lives of innocents. In the name of the limitless Universe, I WILL TAKE YOU OUT!”
 
In an emphatic gesture she brought her hand down like starting a race and the disk came slamming down on top of the creature. No surprise that the beast was flattened.
 
Sailor Cosmos shook her head. “Of course you realize that wouldn't have worked if that thing could have moved fast.”
 
Universe laughed. “Everybody's a critic.”
 
Since they seemed to be finished Reporter Kenji stepped in front of the camera and said, “You have just seen the first ever live coverage of the Cosmic Senshi in battle.” He reflected that cell phone photos posted on the internet didn't count.
 
He was about to say more when he noticed his camera man was looking over the top of his monitor screen. He was looking up and appeared a bit slack jawed.
 
Kenji turned around to face a pair of powerful but shapely bronze tan thighs right where they entered the bottom edge of a pair of pale gray denim shorts. He craned his neck up to see a bronze tan face framed by platinum blonde hair. He could see why the cameraman was looking so stunned. The woman was stunningly beautiful. Too bad she was so big.
 
The giant smiled and said, “Hello. I see you're a TV reporter. Do you have a minute or two?”
 
Damn, even her voice is beautiful.” Out loud the reporter said, “Yes, I have some time.” He thought, “This will make my career.”
 
The giant blonde woman plopped herself down on the street to sit cross-legged. Even doing that she seemed graceful.
 
Sailor Universe glanced toward the TV studio building then said, “We'll have to keep this brief. We want to leave before the Planet Senshi get here.”
 
That was interesting. Sensing a possible story the Kenji asked, “Why would you wish to avoid Sailor Moon and her Senshi?”
 
The giant woman explained, “We've been superheroes before and know that the meeting between the established heroes and new ones can be a problem. Sometimes misunderstandings happen and the established heroes mistake a friendly greeting for an attack. By handling the monster then ducking out before they get here, Moon's Senshi will eventually want, request or even demand a meeting.”
 
The reporter pulled back his microphone and commented, “That sounds like it would be an effective strategy.”
 
She nodded. “To save time, let me just give you answers to the most frequently asked questions. First one is - No, we are not humans who used magic or technology to get big. This is our natural size. We are from an alternate reality and members of what you would call an alien race known as the Kesst. We are larger than average for our race but not considered freakishly so.”
 
“You will notice that the senshi uniforms we are wearing are different from the ones Sailor Moon's Senshi wear. A long time ago the same authority that bestowed powers on the Senshi granted us the legal right to give ourselves `sailor names,' to fight alongside the Planet Senshi, and to wear senshi uniforms. We were also allowed to customize those uniforms.”
 
The blonde giant looked up, then back to the camera. “One last thing before we have to go. For those who aren't put off by the fact that we are alien giants, we don't date human men. We have nothing against human males, but both of us are married.” She gave a devastatingly cute smile and waved at the camera. “Sorry guys.”
 
Jora rolled her eyes as she lifted off the ground. Mykon followed suit and they passed out of sight over the top of one of the buildings just as the Planet Senshi leapt down from the roof of the TV studio.
 
Sailor Moon looked around. She saw the flattened monster and noticed the reporter with the cameraman. If anyone would know what had happened, it would be this guy. She walked over.
 
Kenji made a surreptitious gesture and the cameraman turned on the camera feed to the station to catch the conversation with Sailor moon.
 
The leader of the Senshi waved a hand around at the scene and asked, “Were you here through all of this? Did you witness the battle?”
 
“Yes, Miss. We got all of it on video. I also got a chance for a brief interview with Sailor Universe. You just missed them. If you'd been looking in that direction,” he pointed, “you would have seen them.”
 
“Ahhh!” Sailor Moon was frustrated. “That's the third time we've missed them. I'd almost think they were deliberately avoiding us.”
 
Kenji swallowed nervously. “Uh, Sailor Moon?”
 
With an effort she calmly asked, “What?”
 
“That was one of the things Sailor Universe mentioned in the interview. The Cosmic Senshi are deliberately avoiding you.”
 
She couldn't help herself. Sailor Moon shouted, “WHAT?”
 
The reporter judged that his hearing would probably return to normal eventually. He offered, “We have the whole thing on tape. Would you like a copy?”
 
Sailor Moon thought a moment then shrugged. She started to follow the reporter into the TV station when she noticed the red light on the front of the camera. She pointed at it and ordered, “Turn that thing off.” Not wanting a superhero mad at him, the cameraman instantly complied.
 
Satisfied when the red light on the camera went out, the Sailor Senshi followed the reporter into the TV station. The new director had seen the feed and had every camera in the building turned on so they could capture every second of the Senshi's visit.
 
The next day at a certain mansion in Nerima a `scion of the noble house of Kuno' was watching television with his sister. They were watching the replay of the battle and the interview being replayed on the news.
 
At the start Tatewaki sat with his jaw hanging open (like most men who looked at Sailor Universe for the first time.) As the report went on the kendo champion began to get more and more agitated. Finally when the story ended he stood, “Such beauty lights a fire in my mind. Sailor Universe exhibits such beauty, power, style and grace. Surely one of such nobility as my august self would be the best companion for such as she.”
 
Kodachi reflected that maybe it was time to up the dosage of the drugs she was putting in her brother's food. “Are you mad, brother? She is more than twice your size. You would be like a child next to her.”
 
The kendo champion would not be deterred. “To be sure it would difficult but can that not said of nearly all worthwhile endeavor?”
 
The gymnast raised an eyebrow. “So it is said but you set yourself a formidable task. Did you not hear her say they were not interested in dating human men?”
 
Undaunted, the young man insisted, “Would the difficulty of the task not make its accomplishment all the sweeter?”
 
Knowing that argument was futile but not willing to give up, Kodachi asked, “Does the fact that she is married make any difference to you?”
 
Showing uncharacteristic intelligence the kendo champion noted, “Sailor Universe said this but didn't mention the name of her spouse nor offer any information on him. I suspect that she may be widowed or divorced. Until I know otherwise I shall pursue her.”
 
Kodachi shook her head. She had always known her brother was an idiot but this was carrying idiocy to new heights (or was that depths?) “Will you add the pursuit of this `silver haired goddess' to that of Tendo Akane and that red haired hussy? To pursue three women hardly seems fair to any of them.”
 
Tatewaki's face fell at that. “How can I bear to give up the fierce tigress that is Akane Tendo or the beauteous pigtailed girl? It makes the heart weep and yet I see your point, sister.”
 
The boy's face took on an expression of great pain as he struggled to decide. Kodachi idly wondered if her brother's brain would overheat from the effort.
 
Finally Tatewaki's face cleared. “Truly it will be hard, but I fear I must set Akane and the pigtailed girl free to pursue their destiny. I feel certain that the pursuit of so awesome a creature as Sailor Universe will require all my will, all my strength and all of my energy.”
 
Noticing that her brother didn't mention all of his wits or intelligence, Kodachi nodded. “When will you tell Akane and the Red haired girl?”
 
There was no hesitation. “It would be best if it `twere done quickly. I shall meet them at the gates of Furinkan in the morning to tell them.”
 
The gymnast said, “Brother, please be no harder on them than you must.”
 
“You surprise me, sister. I thought you didn't like the pigtailed one.”
 
“I don't, but am I not also a woman. Well I can understand the pain you are about to inflict. I wouldn't wish that even on a rival.” Naturally the heavy sarcasm in her voice was lost on the kendoist.
 
Kuno bowed. “As you wish, I shall be as gentle as I can.”
 
Kodochi thought to herself, “You are a fool, brother. It is a good thing those giant freaks won't be a challenge to me in getting closer to my darling Ranma-Sama.”
 
At the Tendo home Akane was in the living room flipping channels on the TV. She really was sulking. She thought to herself, “How can I improve my cooking if they don't let me practice?
 
Ranma-Chan was helping Kasumi in the kitchen by chopping vegetables with speed of an electric food processor.
 
After flipping channels Akane finally stopped on the local channel. It was time for the news and maybe they would have something on the latest monster fight.
 
Suddenly Akane's voice could be heard from the living room, “Ranma, come here quick. You've got to see this.”
 
Ranma-Chan looked inquiringly at Kasumi. The eldest Tendo daughter said, “Go ahead. I can finish up here.”
 
The red haired girl nodded and hung up her apron. She rushed into the living room and asked, “What's up, Akane?”
 
The black haired girl pointed at the TV and said, “Watch.”
 
Ranma shrugged, then plopped down on the couch next to Akane. When she looked she saw that on the screen there was an inset image over the shoulder of the news anchor. In that image was Mykon's female form in what looked like a variation of a Sailor Senshi costume standing opposite a monster.
 
“Mykon?”
 
Akane observed, “I guess the restriction against taking part in the monster fights has expired.”
 
Ranma agreed, “I guess so.”
 
Akane turned the sound back up so they could follow the story when it started. They watched it all the way through then Akane turned off the set. “When I heard the description, I figured it had to be them.”
 
Ranma nodded. “Right, who else could it have been? It's not like there's a lot of giant women running around Japan.”
 
“Jora was right.”
 
Puzzled, Ranma asked, “About what?”
 
“When Mykon is in female form, she is a shameless flirt.”
 
The red haired girl chuckled. “After the way she behaved when she was working on making me taller, I'm not surprised.”
 
From right behind them a baritone voice spoke, “Not surprised about what?”
 
Both teen girls let out a shriek and leapt to their feet and whirled around, landing in a fighting stance. When she saw who it was, Ranma demanded, “Mykon, don't do that.”
 
A big grin on his face, the giant man asked, “You mean sneak up on you?”
 
“Yes!” Both girls said at the same time.
 
“Spoilsports! It was just a little harmless fun.”
 
Akane protested, “You could give someone a heart attack like that! How someone your size can sneak up on anyone is a mystery to me.”
 
Jora laughed from behind Mykon. “As healthy as you kids are, I don't think you are going to have heart attack from a little scare like that.”
 
Mykon laughed as well. “As to how we can sneak up on you even if we are big, it helps to be able to teleport silently. Endless possibilities for hilarity come from that.”
 
Ranma shook her head at her friend's antics. “What was the deal with that `Sorry guys'?” She dropped the pitch of her voice in a credible imitation of Mykon's female voice. She also perfectly copied the million megawatt smile and the cute wave.
 
Jora clapped her hands and congratulated Ranma, “That was excellent. You got the cute look perfect. A little more work and you'd get the attitude too.”
 
Ranma sputtered and turned a shade of red that almost matched her hair. That got Mykon and Akane laughing as well. Weakly she protested, “I'm a guy…”
 
Mykon changed into female form and teased, “Not right now you aren't.” In a more serious tone she continued, “Ranma, it is not a bad thing that you are getting comfortable with your girl side. Since you are going to be stuck with your curse it is better to embrace your feminine side when you are in this form. You'll go crazy if you fight it all the time.”
 
“Just so I don't start acting girly when I'm in guy form.”
 
“I don't think that's going to be a problem. By the way, I think my little `flirtation' is going to have an unexpected benefit for you.”
 
“What kind of benefit?” asked Ranma.
 
Mykon grinned. “Let's just say that you'll want to be in girl form when you get to school tomorrow. It would be a good idea to be wearing something girlish.”
 
“What are you talking about? You know I've been staying male all the time when I go to school.”
 
The giant's grin got broader. “Trust me, you'll want to be female tomorrow morning when you run into Kuno.”
 
“Kuno? What's that got to do…” she trailed off in thought. “Did Kuno see your little `performance' on TV?”
 
Mykon nodded. “We were curious about how he would react, so we went by his place and watched as he and Kodachi saw the report on TV.”

Ranma snickered. “Let me guess. He saw you and fell in love.”
 
Jora laughed. “He said that surely one as noble as he was the fitting companion for one such as Sailor Universe.”
 
Akane sighted. “At least he's consistent. Again he falls for the one with the magic sex change. It makes me wonder if deep down he's really attracted to guys but can't admit it to himself.”
 
Mykon shrugged, “It would be rude to do a deep probe to find out. Still, I suspect that's why he refuses to believe Ranma can change. If he ever did accept Ranma's curse he would have to admit that he was attracted to another man. Something like that would be a real blow to his self image.”
 
Akane looked confused. “Does that mean he's going to be going after you and us?”
 
Jora shook her head. “After Kodachi pointed out to him that chasing after Mykon wouldn't be fair to the two of you he thought about it carefully. I feared the poor boy would pop a blood vessel in the effort. He decided that chasing Sailor Universe would take all of his time, effort and strength and he couldn't do that and still chase you two.”
 
Akane's eyes went wide. “You mean he wants to meet us at the school gates to dump us?”
 
Mykon laughed and nodded. “Got it on the first try.”
 
Ranma felt a little stunned. “You mean we'd have no more Kuno pestering us?”
 
The two teen girls exchanged a look before yelling “Yatta!” They high fived and glomped onto each other. They held the hug for a moment before realizing what they were doing. They jumped apart and stood blushing.
 
Mykon just laughed at the display the girls were putting on. She said, “You shouldn't celebrate just yet.”
 
“What do you mean?” asked Ranma.
 
“Just because Kuno is giving up trying to get romantic with you that doesn't mean that he might not still feel obliged to free you from the clutches of the `vile sorcerer Saotome'. He may still feel that it is his duty because of his `nobility'.”
 
The two girls sobered at that thought. Mykon told them, “I have an idea that might help in that regard as well. I know you don't like telling lies, but you've seen that Kuno won't accept the truth even when it is demonstrated to him.”
 
“What did you have in mind?”
 
Mykon outlined a plan. Ranma took that in and said, “That might just work. It might even help with the Kodachi situation. It wouldn't stop her chasing my guy side, but it should at least stop her from trying to kill my girl side.”
 
A sudden thought occurred to Ranma. “Uh, Mykon? How are we going to explain my girl side growing so much?”
 
The platinum blonde giant responded, “For Kuno that won't be a problem. Just tell him you had a growth spurt.”
 
Ranma held her hands apart at the approximate span by which her height had increased. She looked at that then looked at the giant and asked, “Do you think he's going to buy such a lame story as that?”
 
Mykon laughed again. “As reality challenged as that clueless samurai wannabe is, he'll buy it. You may have to be a bit more creative explaining it to the other students at school. For all those who know you have the curse you could just tell them it's a delayed effect from the curse's magic.”
 
Nabiki's voice came from the stairs. “Kuno'll buy what?”
 
Jora chuckled. “We didn't mean buy as in `purchase,' Nabiki.”
 
Nabiki had been involved in using her computer to check her investments on the internet, but interrupted her work. She had been drawn by the shouts from downstairs and wanted to know what was going on. With advice from the giants she had been able to invest the proceeds from the calendar sales and it looked like the Tendo home would be well provider for.
 
Jora explained Kuno's attraction for Sailor Universe and his resolution to pursue her in place of Ranma and Akane. She went on to explain the plan to capitalize on that.
 
A huge grin split the middle Tendo sister's face. “I like it. Now that we have a source of income other than him, I'd like to break off my ties with the Kunos. I never liked dealing Tatewaki and his sister gives me the creeps.”
 
Mykon nodded. “I know that sales of the calendars had been falling off because there haven't been any new monster attacks on Nerima to put Ranma and the `five' in the public eye. However, I have something else that might work just as well. You could say I'm offering you a job, Nabiki.”
 
“A job?”
 
Out of stuff-space Mykon pulled two folded T-shirts and handed them to Akane. Then she pulled out two more and handed them to Ranma. Finally she produced four tightly rolled up posters and handed them to the two teen girls.
 
Mykon directed the girls to look at the shirts while Nabiki came up behind them so she could look. The shirt that Akane unfolded had on it a picture drawn in anime style. The Cosmic Senshi were in a fighting stance with grim expressions their faces. The shirt that Ranma held had on it a picture of Sailor Moon holding her wand high up with all the Planet Senshi standing on either side of her. The rest of the Senshi stood in a heroic pose with their fists resting on their hips. Behind the line of girls the two Cosmic Senshi towered over the rest of them standing in a similar pose.
 
Nabiki looked at the shirts and asked, “Where did you get those?”
 
Jora grinned hugely. “We made them. You are looking at the owners of a company called `Cosmic Sailor.' Can you guess what the company makes?”
 
Nabiki ventured, “Sailor Senshi memorabilia?”
 
Mykon explained, “You've probably been wondering where we disappeared to the last couple months. Part of it has been setting up the company. You saw how easily and quickly we were able to produce those calendars. We can do that with this stuff too.”
 
The giant handed a thick catalog to the teen financial wizard. “This contains a listing of almost every kind of item it is possible to put a Sailor Senshi image onto. It includes poster and T-shirts but also a full line of clothing. If a girl wants to dress up like a senshi, she can do that.”
 
She continued, “There are also playing cards, calendars, dishes, pens. We sell a computer that looks like the one Sailor Mercury uses. It doesn't have all the stuff that hers does, but who cares. We also have made the names Sailor Universe, Sailor Cosmos and the Cosmic Senshi registered trademarks. No one can use those names without our permission.”
 
Nabiki managed to keep her calm expression with an effort. “Where do I come into this?”

“When you were marketing the calendars you were able to make contacts with chain store buyers and others. We want you to be our sales agent for Japan.”
 
“You want me?”
 
Gently Jora told her, “You've been wanting for a long time to get out of the racketeering you have been doing at high school. You have feared that your illegal and quasi-legal activities would come back to bite you on the ass. We're giving you a chance to work at a legal occupation”
 
Nabiki protested, “I'm just a high school kid. This is too big to be trusting someone my age.”
 
Jora told her, “Your father's unthinking actions (or lack of action) have forced you to shoulder burdens you shouldn't have had to. You are mature beyond your years and I think you have the skills to handle this. You can hire anyone you need to help.”
 
“You don't have to decide now, think about it. It pays salary plus commission.”
 
Nabiki agreed to think about it.
 
Her tone serious, Ranma asked, “Mykon, Jora, could I talk to you out in the dojo?”
 
After they got out to the dojo and the two giants seated themselves on the floor. Jora commented, “This sounds really serious. What's troubling you Ranma?”
 
Ranma paused for a moment to collect her thought. “My life has been so weird, I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that some new strangeness has started.”
 
She sighed. “The night of the fight against that monster that was like a bear I had a dream. Since they happen at night and when I'm asleep, I'm going to call them dreams. I think they may really be memories of a past life. Either that, or I'm going crazy.”
 
Mykon told him, “With the mental training we have given you, I don't think it is possible for you to go crazy.”
 
The redhead shook her head. “Well, listen to my story and see what you think. The dreams are really vivid and seem very real. After the fight with the bear monster I had one more dream then one really big one on the night our group fought that cat monster. After that I've had one of the past life memory dreams nearly every night.”
 
Jora prompted, “What do these `dreams' tell you about your past life?”
 
Ranma shuddered before controlling herself with a visible effort. She began, “There was once was an interplanetary empire called the Moon Kingdom. They called it that because the capitol was on the moon of Earth. Late in a time period called the Silver Millennium the ruler of this empire was called Queen Serenity. It was a long time ago, I think ten or more thousand years ago.”
 
The giants nodded. Ranma continued, “Each one of the planets had a princess. Those princesses were given magical powers to fight against evil in the name of love and justice. I believe that those princesses have been reincarnated to live now in this time and they are the Sailor Senshi. One person who wasn't a Senshi back in the Silver Millennium but is now is Sailor Moon. She was the daughter of Queen Serenity.”
 
“It seems that Queen Serenity had a half-brother named Lord Ran. He and his wife, Athena, were killed in an accident and their daughter was raised by the Queen. In fact princess Ranna and Serena were raised together, almost like sisters.”
 
“Ranna wanted to be a senshi. She worked hard and trained hard and her dream became a reality. She became Sailor Galaxy, the strongest of the Senshi. She was so strong that the queen's advisors said she must be kept as a reserve instead of a front line fighter.”
 
“It was on the night of the fight with the cat monster that I found out something. You have told me that you are two thousand years old but you were there during the Silver Millennium. That was ten thousand years ago or more. How is that possible?”
 
Mykon shrugged. “We didn't have to live through all of the intervening years. We are time travelers. We left this universe and went on to other adventures. We came back to this universe to meet you and the reincarnated Senshi. We never met you back in the Silver Millennium, though.”
 
“Not exactly met.” Ranma gave them the account of her dream where she had found them after the battle with the Jindrax Horde.
 
Both the giants looked stunned. Finally Mykon ventured, “That was you? You brought us in? They never told us. We just assumed a ship was sent to retrieve us. You saved our lives and we didn't even know it.”
 
Suddenly Ranma leapt up to glomp Jora around the waist (she was closest.). The red haired girl was sobbing.
 
The giant woman returned a light embrace then started to gently rub Ranma's back. “Hey, what's this all about?” She gently placed the crying girl in her lap.
 
With an effort the red haired girl fought to regain her composure. Finally she said, “I'm sorry to fall apart on you like that. It's just that for ten years you were the only friends I had. You were more like parents to me than my real parents. My mother was left behind and instead of a father I had the sensei from hell. You were the ones who taught me everything else. The stories you told me, you always seemed so strong, so indestructible.”
 
A light dawned. Mykon said softly, “Seeing us like that must have been rough on you.”
 
Ranma drew a ragged breath. “You looked DEAD! You looked like you had been nearly ground into hamburger. I don't know how you even kept fighting in that condition.”
 
Jora said, “We kept fighting because we had to. If even one of those ships had escaped it could have been a disaster. They could have regenerated and over time have multiplied until they could have come back. I shudder to think of a renewed Jindrax Horde attacking Earth now.”
 
Ranma looked shocked. “They could have recovered from a defeat like that?”
 
“Yes, they could have. Their method of reproduction would allow it. It would have taken a long time for them to get back up to a strength where they could be a threat, but they didn't care about time. As it is the Jindrax species is gone from this universe. Hopefully never to return.”
 
Mykon now put in, “We were told that when we were put in the med bay Sailor Saturn used her healing abilities on us. Because we are so different from humans she wasn't able to do much. Still, it was enough to move us past simple maintenance level energy draw. After she did that Sailors Jupiter and Mars did the most to help.”
 
“While we can eat the same kind of foods you do, we actually need energy. Jupiter and Mars poured electricity and fire into us until we were sufficiently charged to regain limited consciousness. We could then use our powers to draw energy from the sun and finish the healing process.”
 
Ranma took on a look of curiosity as she reached out and poked a finger at Jora's right arm that had been holding her. “It feels real.”
 
“What? Oh, that. It is real. When we left the Moon Kingdom I was wearing a prosthetic arm and Mykon had a prosthetic leg. We've since increased our powers and were able to grew new, natural limbs. My right arm is real now.”
 
Mykon put in, “We wore prosthetic limbs for about two years. Personally I think Jora went a little overboard with hers.”
 
The giant woman looked a little embarrassed. “Ok, I admit that.” She explained, “The arm the Moon Kingdom medical people gave me is what I called my `normal' or `social' arm. It looked like a completely natural arm and you could only tell it wasn't if you poked at the seam where it was attached.”
 
She smiled at the memory, “In the workshop of the TARDIS I tinkered together what I called my `utility arm.' It was metal and I could swap out the hand for a wide variety of tools. I also had one I called the `Swiss Army' arm because it was a multipurpose tool that could pop up all manner of gadgets on demand.”
 
Jora's husband suggested, “Tell her about the cannon.”
 
She put on an expression of mock exasperation. “Did you ever play any of the video game series `Metroid' or see comics about the character Samus Aran?”
 
Ranma thought for a moment. “Wasn't she the woman in the power suit with a cannon for the right arm?”
 
“That's her. I made a blast cannon that I could attach to my stump. I confess I felt major league badass when I was wearing it.”
 
Mykon laughed. “We actually met Samus. She's not just a great warrior, she's smart, funny and a great conversationalist. Once, when Samus was injured, Jora shrunk down and completed a mission for her in that same suit of armor.”
 
Jora's nose wrinkled, “I wish I could have cleaned the suit before I put it on. It stank of stale sweat.”
 
Mykon teased, “You loved it and you know it. You even built yourself a fully functional copy sized to your natural height. I happen to know for a fact that you still carry the suit in your stuff space.”
 
The brunette giant countered, “And what about that fully functional War Machine armor you carry in your stuff space? It's been more than 50 years since you wore it last and that was to a cosplay party.”
 
Ranma was surprised. “You guys cosplay?”
 
“Well, yes and no. Here's a question to ponder. Even if you are going to a cosplay party does it still count as cosplay if you really were the character you are dressed as?”
 
Ranma looked confused. “I'm not sure I'm following that.”
 
Mykon nodded. “Let me give you an example. We once went to a Star Trek convention wearing the same uniforms we used when we were captain and first officer of the Starship Colossus. These were the real uniforms and we had been real Starfleet officers. Is that still cosplay?”
 
“I don't know.”
 
Mykon explained, “But to get back to your questions about when we visited the Moon Kingdom. You have to understand that when we made that visit to the Moon Kingdom it was early in our training journey. We were still new to our powers. If we were to get into that kind of fight the way we are now, it would have been easy to take out the Horde and none of their weapons they had would have done more than sting a little.”
 
Jora nodded. “Consider this - for someone who can change from a 13 foot tall man into a 15 foot tall woman, how hard do you think it would be to replace a missing limb?”
 
Ranma considered that for a moment. “Not very hard I guess. Are you sure we never met back then?”
 
The male giant replied, “We're sure. You may have to recover your memories of that time piecemeal but we have full access to all of our memories.”
 
Ranma went silent for a while. Then she said, “When Sailor Galaxy found Jora and could see with her scans that you were still alive she said, `Don't give up. I want a chance to meet you and thank you for what you did.' It may have taken thousands of years and my dying and being reincarnated, but I'll say it now - thank you for what you did then and what you did for me later.”
 
Jora bowed her head and gently kissed the top of the head of the girl in her lap. Thanks to their relative sizes it was like a child sitting in her mother's lap. Jora said, “One of the things I regret most during the probation time is that we couldn't touch you to give this kind of comfort to you when you were hurt or sad. I've raised children and watched grandchildren and great grandchildren grow up. You are a dear to us as any of our own children.”
 
Ranma hugged the giant and told her, “Don't worry. I could feel it. I love you guys too. That's why it hurt when you just disappeared without saying anything.”

“We're sorry, Ranma, but we had reasons for it. We always have reasons.”
 
Mykon said, “You were saying that you believed that the current Planet Senshi were reincarnations of the ones from back in the Silver Millennium. You are correct in that. You were also correct that the girl who is now Sailor Moon wasn't a Senshi back then. When Queen Beryl and the Negaverse overcame the power of the Moon Kingdom, Queen Serenity sent the souls of the Senshi forward through time to be reincarnated in the current era. There was one exception to that.”
 
“Who's the exception?”
 
“Sailor Pluto is not the reincarnation of the original, she is the original. Senshi magic grants them a longer lifespan. Sailor Pluto is the guardian of the Gates of Time and as such is immortal if she doesn't get killed. Even then she can often come back through some form of time manipulation trick.”
 
Ranma boggled at that. “She's been guarding the Gates of Time for ten thousand years?”
 
“Fifteen thousand.”
 
Ranma tried to digest that bit of news. “How is it possible to even stay sane for that long?”
 
Mykon laughed. “There are some who would question whether she is sane. If you get to meet her you will probably find her to be a bit… odd.”
 
“Meet her? Wait a minute. If the Planet Senshi are reincarnations of the Senshi of silver Millennium and I'm also reincarnated like them, does that mean Sailor Galaxy's power came with my soul? Am I going to turn into Sailor Galaxy? Is that the big destiny you talked about?”
 
Mykon nodded. “Yes, the power is bonded to your very soul. It transcends death. This is why you had to be able to change into a girl. As it has been said, `only girls can be senshi'.”
 
Making the connection, Ranma ventured, “So that's why you change into a female.”
 
“Yes. Although technically I could do anything I wanted to. We aren't `official' senshi.”
 
“I don't understand.”
 
Mykon explained, “After we destroyed the Jindrax Horde, Serenity wanted to reward us. She didn't feel that healing our wounds and giving us the prosthetic limbs was enough. We told her we didn't want any kind of money, jewelry or stuff like that. We were traveling around and didn't want to lug some expensive junk with us.”
 
Jora took up the story. “We did accept a few gadgets that we used to upgrade our ship. When Serenity insisted that she must do something we asked her to make us honorary Senshi.”
 
“Honorary?”
 
“That's right. Each of us has a certificate that grants us the legal right to fight alongside the Senshi, to call ourselves Senshi, to give ourselves `Sailor' names and to dress in our version of Senshi uniforms. Serenity called it an `empty gesture' but we told her it was what we wanted most, more than any treasure.”
 
Ranma considered that. “So you aren't `original' senshi but you could still be called `official.'”
 
“That's one way to look at it. Do you have some girl clothes to fit your taller body?”

Ranma giggled. “Do I ever! Last Saturday my Mom took me shopping. She said I needed to stop wearing those unisex things I had and get some real girl clothes that fit. I was starting to think that we were going to completely buy out several stores. I've got enough girl clothes that I could wear a different girl outfit every day for two months and not re-use anything in that whole time.”
 
Mykon looked at Ranma with a raised eyebrow. Ranma smiled, “I think she's trying to make up for all the time we were apart during the training trip. I get the feeling that, while she missed her son and was hung up on that whole `manliness' silliness, she may have really wanted a daughter. The whole shopping trip last week was more a `mother-daughter' bonding experience than really having anything to do with how much clothing I needed.”
 
Jora stroked Ranma's hair and told her, “Your mother does feel she has much to make up for. She blames herself for agreeing to let Genma take you on the training trip. You are right though; she did want a daughter. After you were born she was devastated to learn she couldn't have any more children. Now she has her son back, but she also has the daughter she always dreamed of and in one package.”
 
Mykon explained. “I think that for a while your mom may go a little overboard on helping you get in touch with your feminine side. My advice is to just be patient with her. In time she'll get it out of her system but for now she'll be happier if you are a girl when she comes over or when you go to visit.”
 
“I think it's time we taught you how to use that clothing change ring. Go to your room and pick out two guy outfits and at least two girl outfits. You could use the ring with as many outfits as you can carry in stuff-space, but you want to leave some room for lunch, your books and so on.”

Curious now, Ranma asked, “How much can you keep in your stuff-space?”
 
Jora chuckled. “We each have a stuff space as big as several airplane hangers put together. Both Mykon and I each have a Gundam in our stuff-space. These are naturally modified for pilots our size.”
 
Ranma-Chan felt a little reluctant to get out of Jora's lap, but she obediently got up and headed toward the door. “Someday you've got to show me some of the stuff you keep in your stuff space. Mine's only about the size of a small closet.”
 
Mykon smiled. “Don't feel bad about that. Most people never get stuff space bigger than a large suitcase. However, `most people' don't have several centuries to work on getting their stuff-space larger.”
 
Ranma nodded then ran into the house. When she got to her room she patted Mia on the head and told the cat, “Mykon and Jora are going to teach me how to use the clothing change ring.” The cat nodded.
 
Picking out two outfits of male clothing that fit was easy. She only had five complete outfits. Picking out girl clothes was harder because of the sheer mass of clothing her mom had bought her while they were `bonding.' It had been an effort to just find places to put all of it.
 
After she had chosen clothing she looked through her jewelry case. She paused a moment to ask herself the question, “Do guys even have jewelry cases?” She dismissed the thought with a shake of her head.
 
Another thought occurred to her. Since Ryoga's parents are lost most of the time, did she ever have a chance to go out and get clothes for her girl side? Will have to ask her. Maybe I could get mom to take Ryoga on a shopping trip like we went on. It might be fun to help her friend pick out some nice outfits.
 
Before heading back to the dojo with her chosen outfits in stuff-space, Ranma paused to look at herself in the mirror. This would be her first time in public in her taller girl form. What would people think of her new look? She'd have to wait until tomorrow to find out.
 
At the shrine where Rei worked the senshi were gathered. Rei's grandfather was visiting another shrine and was gone for the evening so the girls wouldn't have to worry about being interrupted.
 
The girls were in the living room watching the video tape from the battle and interview. This was the raw footage from before it had been edited and without any commentary other than what the reporter on the scene had given.
 
At one point Usagi paused the playback and pointed at the disk over the monster. “Ami, what is that?”
 
The senshi of Mercury shook her head. “If I'd been there to scan it with the Mercury computer I might be able to answer that question. With just this image to go on the best I can guess would be some kind of force field. The nature and composition of the field I couldn't guess at.”
 
When the tape finished playing Mokoto said thoughtfully, “She said the same authority that gave us our powers gave them the right to call themselves senshi. Does she mean Queen Serenity?”
 
Ami told them, “As you know I did a search on the subject of giants cross referenced with senshi. I only got the results of the search before the meeting started so I haven't had a chance to do more than glance at it.”
 
Ami took the remote and backed up the tape then started it up only to pause it. She said, “The brunette on the left was definitely there in the Moon Kingdom during the Silver Millennium. Her name is Jora but I haven't had time to learn more than that. There is a lot of material and it will take me time to sort through it and isolate what is useful and what isn't. Let me read through the search results and I will give you a synopsis at the regular meeting on Saturday.”
 
The rest of the senshi agreed and the meeting broke up.
 
Author's note: I know the idea of Kuno pursuing Sailor Universe is ludicrous, but that's Kuno for you. I can promise that when the samurai wannabe does meet her it will go differently than he hopes.