Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ A Simple Wish ❯ Ryouga and Akane ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Review Responses:

Chi Vayne- Do not worry he will ask and find out about his life and how it changed, but the reason he wants to know about Ryouga and Akane will be discovered if you continue to read the fanfiction. He is always concerned about Akane even if he never admitted it.

Cheesyjello- Okay I know he sounds like Ranma, but that's done on purpose. To show that anyone in this arranged marriage will react this way. So it really has nothing to do with Akane arranged to marry Ryouga or Ranma, she'll treat them both the same because it's arranged and not by her choice really. And I wanted Ranma to be able to look at this situation from an outsider's point of view. If he sees someone else being mean to her like he is, perhaps he will think more about how she feels in the future, provided he ends up with her.

Chaotic Lord- I emailed you, and Lady Fate and Lord Chaos who do have a love affair have a bet running. It will be explained much more inside the fic if you continue to read it.

All right that seems about all the questions needed answering, thanks to the rest of you for reviewing! Yay! Now on with the show!

Summary: Ranma is fed up with Akane, he makes a simple wish to never have met her. Lady Fate takes pity on him and grants his wish. A problem arises with this wish, he remembers everything before the wish was granted.

Disclaimer: No way is Ranma 1/2 mine, although I wish that Ryouga was, that kawaii bishie!!!

A Simple Wish

Episode 2- Ryouga and Akane

Lady Fate was relaxing by the pool of humanity, the mystic water sitting in a nest of pink crystals. She was sipping a glass of champagne. The pink tinted clouds under her feet and all around her were creating a beautiful atmosphere; fairies were darting from dark blood red rose to rose drinking the sweet flower's essence. She turned at the presence of a man. He was completely opposite of her, dark hair, dark eyes with a slight hint of mischief. He was tall, broad shoulders, his body rippling with muscles that the mere sight of him would cause females to faint from desire. He was wearing thick armor over his toga and you could hear the metal shift when he sat down at the table across from her. He peered over into the pool looking down on the mortals below.

"You are disrupting my work Lady Fate," he spoke, his deep baritone voice vibrating off the ivory columns surrounding them.

Lightly laughing, Lady Fate sat her crystal glass down on the table, "Why Lord Chaos I don't have the slightest idea of which you speak of."

"Do not play with me woman," he growled out.

She continued to laugh, "You know I can not pass up a bet. Do you not remember what we agreed to?"

"Of course I remember, I bet you that Ranma Saotome will never love that Akane Tendou, and that if I am right you become my wife." Lord Chaos smirked.

Lady Fate sighed and crossed her legs slowly. She noticed his attention was focused on her shapely thighs. "And my part of the bet was that Ranma Saotome does in fact love Akane Tendou and that I could prove it." She was smiling, but it was a sneaky sort of smile.

"No one said that you could mess around with the past. Did Father Time say you could go back and change part of Ranma Saotome's history?"

She got up and moved to the edge of the pool of humanity, sitting on the pink crystals, letting her finger tips dip into the mystical water. "He did in fact. You know Father Time has always had a soft spot for me in his heart." Lady Fate looked up at Lord Chaos, "By putting Ryouga Hibiki in Ranma Saotome's place, I am giving the boy exactly what he wants, if Ranma Saotome decides to keep his wish the way it is. The poor lost boy has been through enough trouble thanks to you, he deserves a bit of happiness for the time being."

Lord Chaos let out a loud laughter, "I really enjoy making that Ryouga Hibiki suffer, it is much fun. But you're taking my fun away from making Ranma Saotome's life utter well…chaos."

"Oh you silly immortal, don't you realize you can still play with Ranma Saotome. You just won't have Akane Tendou to add to his torment."

"He won't change his mind Lady Fate, I can assure you."

Lady Fate sighed and looked into the pool, 'That's where you are wrong Lord Chaos; that is where you are wrong' She thought silently to herself. "Show me Ranma Saotome, Nermia district of Tokyo, Japan," She spoke to the water. After a few ripples, Ranma Saotome's figure appeared before her, he was walking towards classroom 1-A. She snickered quietly. Chaos had said nothing about her not interfering. She would do whatever it took to see to it that her end of the bet would be the right outcome. "Do not disappoint me Ranma," she whispered into the water.

*****

Ranma looked at the door to classroom 1-A. Why was he feeling a sudden nervousness? He could do it. He had to do it. Putting his hand on the door handle he pushed it down and opened the door stepping inside.

At the sound of the door opening all the student's heads turned to look at the young man who stood there. Ranma could hear the whispers of 'What is Saotome doing here?' 'Is he sure he's in the right room?' 'Someone with his grade point average should be in classroom F-1, F being for failure.' 'That idiot must be in here to borrow some intelligence.' 'This must be a joke where's the video camera, are we on television?'

The teacher cleared her throat and Ranma approached. He was confused, was he really that bad at school now? How is that possible? He smiled at the teacher and handed her his transfer information. He watched her eye it carefully and then look at him.

"Are you sure you can handle this?"

Ranma nodded, "I am, I already talked with the administration they said it would be all right if I had more of a challenge."

The teacher smirked, "One needs to actually do the work for there to be more of a challenge Mr. Saotome."

Ranma heard snickering and laughter. He simply rolled his eyes, ignoring it. "Well I want to do better and I know this is the room for me."

"Well, you'll only be making a bigger fool of yourself, but go ahead take a seat," she looked around, "by Mr. Hibiki back there," she pointed to the empty seat.

This was perfect! Ranma was going to be sitting right next to Ryouga; he looked at the other boy seeing an angry glare pass through the boy's eyes as Ranma made his way to his chair. Ranma sat down and returned Ryouga's glare. "What are you staring at?"

"You jerk, what the hell do you think you're doing in this class you dumb ass?" Ryouga quietly insulted.

"What are you talking about?" Ranma was confused

Two rows over, Akane looked towards Ryouga who was arguing with Ranma Saotome. She could see Ryouga was unhappy. This must be the one that is responsible for Ryouga's curse. She remembered him talking about it. The school famed Ranma Saotome is the one who knocked him into the cursed spring of a drowned pig. She had mostly avoided the arrogant boy, but Ryouga here would have a run in with him nearly everyday, challenging him to fights. Akane didn't like it when Ryouga fought, as strong as he was. She was afraid he would get hurt. He had gotten beaten so many times already. "Oh, Ryouga," she whispered affectionately, quietly to herself.

The teacher taught fairly difficult arithmetic and Ranma had a hard time keeping up with the students and it was only his first day in here. How did these students manage this? They were already studying college level calculus. Ranma couldn't even understand what to do. He heard Ryouga snickering and he looked over at him annoyed.

"What's so funny?"

"Lost are you?" Ryouga laughed.

Ranma's eyes narrowed, "Yeah well at least I could find my way here without getting lost for a week." He saw Ryouga crush his pencil in his hand.

"How dare you say that to me? You will regret that Ranma." It was true that Ryouga had a bad sense of direction, but ever since he had gotten engaged to Akane, his direction sense had been a bit better, well as long as she was leading him he wouldn't get lost. She was the only one that seemed to understand that and not mind it of him. Same with his cursed form. Of course they did fight all the time, but they are both just being stubborn about the marriage arrangement. Just as Ryouga stood to attempt the beat the stuffing out of Ranma the lunch bell rang.

"Ryouga?" Akane appeared next to him seeming from out of no where.

"Ah!" It startled Ryouga but he quickly regained his composure, "Yeah what is it?"

She was actually smiling as she spoke, "Well I kind of forgotten my lunch at home and I was wondering if you could go in the line and buy it for me?"

"What did you forget it at home in your haste to leave me stranded?"

"What!?" Akane growled, "You know that's not how it went."

Ryouga put his finger to his chin, "Oh I quite remember it, I was chasing after you, and you know how easily I get lost!"

"Oh you're acting like a child, when are you going to grow up?!" She yelled in Ryouga's face.

"Well when you decide to become cute!" Ryouga immediately regretted what he had said but he didn't show it because he in fact thought that she was really, really cute but he wanted to say something that would push her buttons. "Who'd ever want to date a mutant hellcat like you…"

Ranma blinked, it was much different looking at this from an outside point of view. They were really going at it, for a split second he felt a twinge of guilt, Akane hung her head and growled low within her chest. Ranma felt little tingles of fear at the red aura that surrounded Akane's body, glad not to be on the receiving end of what was going to happen.

"Ryouga you jerk!" Her hand come up and slapped him so hard across the face that he flew across the room. "Never mind then! I'll get it myself." She turned and stalked out of the room.

Ryouga felt as if little birds were circling his head. He looked up at her as she was leaving in bitter anger. "Akane wait up! I'll help you." He jumped up from his spot on the floor and raced after her as if nothing had happened between them.

Hurrying to the door, Ranma saw Ryouga and Akane walking side by side. She turned her head and smiled softly at something he said. When they weren't fighting they actually looked like friends, Ranma wondered if he and Akane ever looked like that. Ranma followed the two of them to the hectic lunch line. Ryouga charged right into the crowd gathering as much food as he could.

"Ryouga!" Akane shouted and as he turned around she tossed him the money for the purchase. He nodded with a smile as he caught it effortlessly in his hand and placed the payment down next to the cash register and jumped out of line. Akane was smiling happily as Ryouga landed in front of her.

"They had one strawberry pastry left and I know how much you like them and they never really last long so I got one for you." Ryouga grinned as he held out the strawberry pastry a bit more as the other food was cradled in his arms.

Akane laughed and grabbed Ryouga by the arm, "This way, I'll lead."

He nodded and let Akane pull him outside, a slight blush glazed over his cheeks with her touching him.

Ranma followed the pair outside. He stood a distance away as Ryouga and Akane sat down underneath a tree and begin feasting on the lunch Ryouga bought. Trying to be as inconspicuous as possible Ranma passed by their tree and sat down on the other side as to still be able to listen to what the two would talk about.

Ryouga took a bite of his meat sandwich, "Can you believe that Ranma Saotome has been accepted into our class." He shook his head.

Akane shrugged, "I don't really know the boy. It doesn't matter much to me. From what I have heard was that his grades are awful. I wonder how someone who can't even pull a C average will able to make it in our class."

"He's sitting next to me Akane. That's worse than anything the life wrecking, idiot."

Peering a bit from around the tree Ranma saw Akane lightly pat Ryouga comfortingly on the shoulder. His eyes narrowed slightly on the hand that was touching his arch rival. Ranma was about to comment that it wasn't entirely his fault that Ryouga was knocked into the cursed spring when Kuno's voice interrupted.

"How dare you Ryouga Hibiki, you still have Akane Tendou under your spell!"

"What?!" Both Akane and Ryouga said at the same time.

"Fear not Akane Tendou, I Tatewake Kuno will set you free from this unbreakable bond."

Akane jumped up, "Kuno, have you lost your mind, what are you talking about?"

Kuno crushed Akane into his chest, "He weaves his magic on you even now."

"Hey you!" Ryouga jumped up, "Get your hands off of Akane." He clinched his fists tightly at his side.

Pulling her fist back to attack Kuno, Akane never got the chance for some bizarre reason Kuno was now sailing through the air. Now both Akane and Ryouga were staring at Ranma who had punched Kuno up into the air. They were both confused.

"Uh…thank you, um what is your name?" Akane asked.

Ranma kept in a sigh, he had often heard that coming from Akane's mouth before and he did not like that. It sounded awful and he did not like that. He had to act as if this wasn't out of the ordinary since they really weren't in each other's lives anymore. "Ranma Saotome, I just joined your class today, remember?" He saw her eyes narrow slightly in thought.

"Oh right, you're the one that Ryouga has talked about." She said looking at Ryouga who was sneering at Ranma.

"How dare you do that Ranma, I was going to take care of Kuno." Ryouga growled, Akane was his fiancé if anyone was going to defend her it was going to be him.

Ranma rolled his eyes, "Yeah right."

Ryouga growled and made to take a step forward but Akane put her hand on his arm, he turned and looked at her. "What?!"

"I could have taken care of Kuno myself," Akane said.

"He was all over you, and besides if anyone is going to defend you it should be me." Ryouga said looking very serious.

Akane's eyes actually seemed to sparkle, "Ryouga, I…I." She was so happy.

Ranma looked between the two of them, it was much different on the outside looking in, Akane was really moved by what Ryouga said. He could see it really meant a lot to her. He felt another twinge. He did not like Ryouga making Akane feel good like that. His eyes narrowed in their direction, seeing Akane looking up at Ryouga with that look of admiration. He swallowed hard.

Ryouga gulped at the look in her eyes, he didn't know how to react to this. So he simply shrugged and said, "Of course anyone who would want to hug you would be out of their mind." Not really meaning it but he was not thinking clearly.

Akane's world crashed down and she growled, he always did this, getting her hopes up like that and then shattering her heart. "Ryouga!!" Her fists clinched and she pulled her fist back and slammed it hard into Ryouga and he flew through the air. "You jerk!!"

Ranma felt a little uncomfortable, he noticed that she wouldn't have hit Ryouga if he hadn't have said something totally mean to her like that. It seems she lashes out when her feelings are hurt. Had he himself been that mean to her as well? The way she held herself now, her head was bowed, her eyes towards the ground and she was very unhappy. Suddenly her head snapped up and she glared right at Ranma.

"Stop staring at me," And without another word to him, Akane turned around and started away from him, head held high as if what Ryouga had said didn't even phase her, but he could see otherwise.

The school bell wrung loudly through the school yard and the students made their way back to their classes.

The students in classroom 1-A sat down at their desks, waiting for their history teacher to arrive. The door opened and a woman with dark brown long hair and deep blue eyes stepped into the room, she was wearing a dark blue skirt and matching suit jacket with a silk silver blouse. The students looked up and found that their normal teacher was not there.

"Where is Sensei Tsubaki?" Gosenkugi asked.

The woman smiled, "As you know your Sensai was going to have a baby, so she is on maternity leave, I will be taking over for the rest of the year." She looked around at all the students. "My name is Sensei Sadamerarete-iru." She wrote her name on the board, "I know it's a long name, so you may simply call me Sensai Iru."

Ranma narrowed his eyes in thought; she seemed a bit familiar to him. Her dark blue eyes were drawing him in; there was something strange about this professor, this Mrs. Iru. He simply shrugged it off when Ryouga noisily came into the classroom.

Ryouga looked up at the teacher and gulped, "Am I in the wrong room?" He looked at the students and noticed that this was the right room and he was relieved. "Sorry I'm late, I tend to get lost."

Iru covered her mouth with her hand hiding a small snicker, "It is quite all right, and you're name is?"

"Ryouga Hibiki, Sensei Tsubaki lets me come in late because of my bad sense of direction."

She nodded, "Well then Mr. Hibiki, go and take your seat and I will begin today's lesson. Iru looked at her sheet of students and then smiled, "So it seems that we have a new student today. So that means I have to alter my lesson plan, just give me a moment." She sat down at the desk and started writing.

Ryouga sat down in his seat, "Stupid Akane, she didn't have to hit me so hard." He grumbled to himself.

"Did you think you deserved anything less," Ranma said out loud, he saw Ryouga turn and glare at him and Ranma realized that he spoke that out loud.

"What would you know about it Ranma?" Ryouga sighed, "Its not that I don't like her, she's just always so violent." He confessed.

Ranma shrugged, "Maybe if you were a bit nicer to her and less insulting then maybe she wouldn't be so violent." Ranma shook his head, what was he talking about? What made him say such a thing? It is true that Akane is a violent person, but from what he saw she didn't strike until she was hurt. No…no that is impossible she's tough, she doesn't get hurt, she violent, she's terrible, she's unbearable. Yes that's right. He needed to stop thinking she was nice and get back on track here.

"All right students." Iru stood with a paper in her hand, "What we will be doing for the rest of the year is working on history projects, I will pair you up and give you a country to work on, you will write a five to ten page essay and make a model of your country and you will present it to the class." She walked to the front of the each row and passed out the assignment. "Now after I call all your names you will switch your desks and sit by that person for the rest of the year."

She read her sheet of paper and smiled to herself, "Gosenkugi, Hikaru and Hibiki, Ryouga. Yumi, Kori and Hasabya, Rei. Saotome, Ranma and Tendou, Akane. Kotsu, Mika and Baken, Naomi," Iru continued on through the list until she got to the end, as she placed the paper on the desk, she waited as the students all moved to sit by their new partners.

Ryouga waited as the class weirdo, Gosenkugi came over to him and sat down next to him, he rolled his eyes, how could he have been paired with this freak, he had nothing against the boy, he was just so strange and he kept trying to make his fiancé fall in love with him, and if it was one thing Ryouga couldn't take it was someone trying to take Akane away from him. He watched as Akane picked up her things and moved to the desk next to Ranma and Ryouga's eyes narrowed.

"Well it looks like we're partners." Akane said pleasantly to Ranma who shrugged.

"Looks that way," He sighed and continued to doodle on his paper, He felt Akane lean over and look at what he was doing.

Her eyes narrowed, "I hope that you intend on doing your share of this project, I may get the best grades in the classroom but that doesn't mean I am going to do all the work by myself."

"Listen here you," Ranma said feeling slightly miffed at what she was insinuating, "I will do my fair share here girly, don't you worry about that." He was expecting some kind of retort or a belt through the air but he saw as she just shrugged.

"Whatever, Saotome. I just don't want to have this conversation with you again. I intend on keeping my grade point average high so that I get into a good university, I don't need some slacker like you messing up my chances. Got it?" She was nearly poking her finger into his chest.

Ryouga was irritated, how dare Ranma make his Akane feel bad, he got up from his desk and walked over to Akane and Ranma. "Ranma you be nice to Akane, she works hard in all her classes."

Ranma was shocked, was this guy defending a girl that he appeared to not like very much. "What's it to you if I am nice to her or not?" Ranma leaned back in his chair glaring up at Ryouga.

"I won't have anyone treating her like that, she doesn't deserve it." He looked over at Akane who was smiling at him again, in that same way that made his heart flutter and make him say stupid things to make her mad. "She is my fiancé and if anyone messes with her, they mess with me as well."

Akane sighed, "Oh Ryouga." She said quietly not enough for the lost boy to hear, but Ranma heard it loud and clear as if someone had shouted in his ear. She then cleared her throat, "Ryouga you know I can take care of myself, I don't always need you to defend me. After all I am a martial artist just like you."

"Yes but still people shouldn't be mean to you. I don't like it." Ryouga confessed, and he made a move to go back to his chair before he said something stupid and messed up one of the few nice moments the two of them had ever since the news of their engagement.

Looking down at her assignment paper, she sighed, "He can be so nice sometimes," she then stopped smiling, "and other times he can be a real insensitive jerk. Most of the time we don't get along at all, but its times like this it seems he really likes me."

"Yeah," Ranma said, sounding slightly more bitter than he thought, "How nice for you and all, can we just get to work on our project."

She rolled her eyes, "You don't have to be so rude, Saotome." She scanned the paper. "So which country are we supposed to work on?"

"How should I know? It's not like I have all the answers." Ranma said gruffly, he was angry, it was true. The way Akane and Ryouga acted towards each other caused his stomach to churn and twist into knots. He hated this feeling he could see that Akane's brows were raised, and she simply rolled her eyes.

"Well no need to get your panties in a twist." She mumbled while faced the other row of students.

Ranma felt offense to what she said, but Akane in this reality didn't know that he turned into a girl, or did she?

"This is how," Iru seemed to appear out of nowhere as she thrust a plastic bowl with little pieces of folded up papers in between the two of them. "Pick one."

Ranma stuck his hand in the bowl and picked out one of the papers, he opened it and read it out loud, "Ancient Greece." He looked up at their teacher and Iru winked at him and then continued to the next pair of students.

"So how are we going to do this, we'll have to meet outside of school to get this huge project done. How do you want to go about it?"

He shrugged, "I have no idea, what do you suggest?" Ranma turned to look at her.

"Well," She looked out the window for a moment gathering her thoughts, "It's possible that you could come to my house a couple times a week after school, like Mondays and Wednesdays?" She turned and looked at him, "What do you think, would you agree to something like that?"

"I guess so," Ranma said, he found himself staring into her dark brown eyes, and then she smiled.

"Good then," Akane said. "Well since today is Monday, you can come home with Ryouga and I, we'll make a stop at the library on the way to my house and my sister Nabiki has the internet hooked up to her computer and we can use that for the rest of the information."

Ranma shook his head, why did he find himself staring at her and she didn't even seem to realize it, normally when Akane caught him staring at her, he would have been called a pervert and whacked over the head with something. Ranma let out a puff of air, he was suddenly not liking this new reality, for some reason in the back of his mind it kept shouting this is great, she's not hitting you, or calling you names or getting totally jealous over nothing, she's not doing anything awful to you. This is great. He nodded his head, that's right this was the life, it was great. This was just a passing reaction, after all he had known Akane for almost three years now, and all three years have been nothing but hell and torture.

He turned to look at her, as she continued to speak and she completely oblivious to what was happening inside Ranma's head. Did she truly not remember anything from their other reality. But this was what he wanted, he wanted her to not know him and he finally got what he wanted, and he was happy about it… Right? So it shouldn't bother him that Akane and Ryouga are together and are going to married. That's right, this was great! Ranma agreed, yes he was free from this life and he was going to enjoy it without worrying that he was going to be attacked by her by being a normal guy, well a normal guy that turns into a girl.

=======

Well that is it for episode 2 stay tuned for episode 3, remember to review

Thanks,

Ryoko Blue