Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ A Simple Wish ❯ Enter Chaos ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Summary: Ranma is fed up with Akane, he makes a simple wish to never have met her. Lady Fate takes pity on him and grants his wish. A problem arises with this wish, he remembers everything before the wish was granted.

Disclaimer: No way is Ranma 1/2 mine, although I wish that Ryouga was, that kawaii bishie!!!

A Simple Wish

Episode 3-Enter Chaos

After having stopped at the library and checked out a few books on ancient Greece, Ryouga suggested that they stop for ice cream as well, Ranma was about to disagree when Akane's face lit up with a very happy smile and before he could say anything, she agreed. Ranma rolled his eyes as he followed the two into the sweet shop.

Behind the counter was a young woman with midnight black hair and bright blue eyes, she stood there smiling at them wearing the shop uniform and a red apron. The name on her name tag said Mirai.

"What can I get for you?" She asked most pleasantly.

Akane looked at the choices and decided on chocolate where as Ryouga would have vanilla, Ranma actually declined the ice treat, probably due to the fact that he didn't have any money on him. Mirai behind the counter looked at Ranma. "What about you?"

Ranma shrugged, "No thanks."

"Don't have the money huh, well that's all right." She looked around, and then started scooping Ryouga and Akane's choices. Then she scooped one more but of orange sherbet. "Here if you promise not to say anything to my boss," She handed out the cone for Ranma to take.

Wow, Ranma thought and orange sherbet was his absolute favorite. He looked up at the girl as he took the cone in his hand, she winked at him. "Thanks."

"How is it? Sure it is probably not everyday that one can get what he wants for free, now is it?"

Ranma nodded, "it is exactly what I would have chosen."

"Yes, yes, but even some choices can't be fixed if they are mistaken, of course if someone wanted to change something they would really have to work at it. Don't you agree?"

Blinking, Ranma nodded. This woman was weird, it struck him odd that a mere ice cream girl would end up spouting weird words of what he would consider to be advice. But Advice to what exactly, it was almost as if she were talking about… nah! He shook his head and smiled up at Mirai, "Hey thanks for the cone," he shoved his other hand in his pocket and turned to find Ryouga and Akane looking at him just a little bit peeved.

"And how did you get that for free?" Ryouga asked.

"Eh, I suppose she didn't want me to feel left out." Ranma said walking with the two of them.

Akane simply rolled her eyes, she could feel Ryouga beside her, getting angrier, "just ignore it Ryouga, really. It's not that big of a deal, its only ice cream it's not something that is worth like millions."

Ryouga took a deep breath, "yeah, yeah you're right Akane, who cares its just ice cream." What he really wanted to do was pound Ranma's face into the pavement and he would have started for him if he wasn't so rudely pushed by some very tall man dressed in green shirt and jeans.

"Hey!" Both Akane and Ryouga shouted up at the rude individual. The large guy turned around and Akane's eyes widened to the size of saucers, this man was definitely…a…a she felt short of breath.

"Y-you need to watch where you're going, that was very rude."

The man smirked which caused Akane's pulse to quicken and a red blush brushing across her cheeks.

The man bowed, "Forgive my rudeness young lady, I was in a hurry and did not see you and your friends here." He reached down and took a hold of Akane's hand and lifting it to his lips, kissing the top of her hand softly.

Akane gulped, "uh…"

Ryouga couldn't take it anymore, "Hey you! Get your hands off Akane!"

The man glared at Ryouga, "I was just apologizing, but I can see that you don't deserve one." And without so much as another word, the strange man rushed into the ice cream shop.

Ryouga immediately rounded on Akane, "What in the world was that?"

Snapping out of her daze she looked at Ryouga, "What are you talking about?"

"How could you let that guy drool all over your hand like that?!" Ryouga's fists clinched tight at his sides.

She shrugged, "I don't see why you would care, it's not like I'm something special to you. I'm just your uncute fiancé, and perhaps it's about time I found someone who appreciated me." She tossed her nose in the air and stalked off.

"Akane, Akane, listen to me." Ryouga said trailing after her.

Ranma stood there a moment longer thinking about the strange man, it's true that he made Ranma feel uncomfortable with the amount of heavy flirting that man was doing with Akane, even he wanted to ring his neck especially the way she blushed and gushed over that obviously fake individual. But he had to hold himself back, remembering that in this reality it was Akane and Ryouga as fiancés. He turned around seeing Ryouga trying to catch up with Akane. And it was Ryouga who was supposed to be the one to protect Akane from smooth lechers like that guy. That idea still was not sitting well with him. Ranma clutched the library books tight under his arm and ran after Ryouga and Akane; he was still going to their house for their project.

The door to the ice cream shop opened and the tall dark man who was flirting with Akane a moment ago, stood there scanning the shop. He found just who he was looking for behind the counter. He stepped right up to it. "Just what in Hades do you think you're doing, interfering like this?"

"Can I help you with something?" Mirai smiled.

He looked at the name tag, "Oh that is clever. Drop the disguise Fate, I know it's you."

With a sigh the dark haired blue eyed girl, transformed into an ethereal being, she was glowing, her hair of silver and her long gown of the same color, her eyes did not change. She walked out from behind the counter. "So ya caught me, big deal."

"Big deal, this was not part of our bet. You are not allowed to interfere in the outcome."

"Lord Chaos, It was not a requirement, it wasn't specified in our original bet. So I sure can do what it takes to assure my outcome."

Chaos paced back and forth, "It's been you the whole time, hasn't it? You were the one that switched Ranma Saotome's class. You were also their history teacher and now this ice cream vendor. You were quite clever disguising yourself, but not clever enough, each one of your names was something either dealing with destiny or fate or the future."

"Oh you're just bitter 'cause you didn't think of it yourself first." She poked him in the chest, "And I'll have you know, I have no intention of stopping here. Oh no, I am more than certain that with my help, Ranma Saotome will see his most terrible mistake and finds that he loves Akane Tendou, even if I have to push them together to do it." Lady Fate said with her eyes narrowed and determination in her voice.

A small smirk pushed its way from his lips, "So that is how you want to play is it? Well my dear… Two can play at this game."

Lady fate gasped, "You wouldn't dare?"

"Oh wouldn't I? If you don't play fair, neither will I. And now we'll just see who will win this bet my lady. All the gloves come off." And he turned and headed out of the ice cream shop for the streets of Nermia.

Lady Fate turned around her face scrunched up like she had just sucked on a lemon, and she let out the most furious scream that you could hear all the way into the underworld. Her normally pretty blue eyes blazed with a fiery anger turning a deep blood red. She took a deep breath to try and calm down; it would do no good to get angry. She closed her eyes and they changed back to their lovely deep blue. She would not let him win, not at all. She was going play hard ball, if he wanted a fight well he was sure going to get one. Lady Fate then disappeared from the ice cream shop.

* * *

Akane pulled the door open to her house and Ryouga and Ranma followed her inside.

"I'm home!" Akane shouted from the entry way as she slipped off her shoes, the boys did the same. She turned around and faced Ranma, "Come on now, this way." She gestured with a nod of her head.

Ranma looked around, it all felt so familiar, as if he were just here yesterday, he could smell the fine cooking that Akane's older sister Kasumi made daily. The walls and paper screens, the hard wood floors. Ah it was as if he were walking into a dream. He then noticed Akane talking to him and Ryouga looking at him as if he were mental. "What?"

Ryouga shrugged, "Nothing," He didn't want to say anything but Ranma had this glazed look in his eyes as he checked out his surroundings. He wondered why Ranma would be looking like he had lost something precious when he himself was filthy stinking rich and could afford much more than the Tendou's ever could. Even though the Tendou's had little it was enough for them and they were happy and Ryouga really enjoyed the family setting the Tendou's provided for him. He was often off training with his father, Ryosuke Hibiki and had little time to spend with family.

Akane led the boys into the tea room where Soun Tendou was reading the news paper, and Ryosuke who looked a bit like Ryouga, although his hair was light brown and slightly longer in the back which was tied back in a single rubber band, was watching television.

Kasumi came from inside the kitchen, "Welcome home, Akane, and Ryouga." She smiled, "Oh and who's this?" She was looking at Ranma, "Is this a new friend of yours?" She asked pleasantly.

Ryouga scoffed, "Friend, right. No this is just Ranma Sa-" He was interrupted by Akane.

"He and I are working on a school project together." Akane said to her elder sister.

Smiling Kasumi nodded once at Ranma and then looked at Akane, "Oh well that's nice. Is he going to be staying for dinner?"

Both Akane and Ryouga looked at Ranma expectantly, Akane could care less either way, but Ryouga wanted him to refuse.

Ranma shook his head, "Nah, that's all right, I wouldn't want to intrude."

"Nonsense," Kasumi said, "After all we have plenty."

Shrugging his shoulders, Ranma agreed. "I guess I'll stay then." It was really strange to him that Kasumi did not know him.

"Wonderful," Kasumi said, "Now dinner will be ready in about an hour." She then turned around and headed back into the kitchen.

Soun finally looked up from his paper, right at Ranma, "So you're name's Ranma is it? It seems a bit familiar to me." He paused, thinking a moment, but couldn't come up with anything, "Ah well," He smiled, "So you're working on a project with Akane, how's it going?"

Ranma cleared his throat, "Well we just checked out some books at the library so, I'm afraid we haven't gotten much done yet."

Akane nodded, "Yep, I was hoping we could use Nabiki's computer, after all she's got the internet hooked up to it."

"I would let you use it Akane, but it's gonna cost ya." It was Nabiki's voice coming from the entry way.

They all turned around and found Nabiki leaning against the wall, looking at her fingernails.

"How much?" Akane asked, her eyes narrowed.

Nabiki straightened up, "Oh a thousand yen." She looked right at her sister.

Akane's jaw dropped, "A thousand yen, are you nuts?"

"The price just went up to two thousand." Nabiki sighed, "Of course you don't have to pay me, but then you won't get to use my computer."

There was a low growl coming from Akane as she reached for her change purse and pulled out two thousand yen and handed it to her sister.

"Thank you Akane, it was great doing business with ya."

Akane rolled her eyes, "yeah, yeah." She then turned to Ranma, "Come on, we can do the first part of this project in my room." She was about to turn to head down the hall way when something small and maroon jumped at her.

"Akane, baby!!!"

"AHHH!!" Akane screamed and smashed the thing into the ground before it could attach itself to her breasts. "You little pervert!" She shouted down at the little man imbedded into the floor.

Ryouga reached down and grabbed the thing by the back of it's clothing, lifting it up into the air. "Why you…"

"Hey, Ryouga my boy." The thing said. "How's it going?"

The often lost boy cracked his knuckles, "What did you think you were doing, Happosai?"

Happosai started struggling and crying, "I was just gonna say hello to Akane, you don't have to be so mean to me." Tears were streaming out his eyes

"Oh you haven't seen mean yet." Ryouga threatened.

The small old man's eyes narrowed, "Is that so?"

There were two gasps to the left of them, it was Soun and Ryosuke, who immediately appeared before Happosai and Ryouga and they were both bowing on the floor.

"Forgive him master." Soun said, bowing over and over again.

"Yeah," Ryosuke said, also bowing "He does not know what he does, please be merciful."

Happosai still held up in the air by Ryouga folded his arms across his chest, "All right, only if I get an apology."

Ryouga scoffed, "An apology? No one is going to apologize to you, you freak!" And before he realized what happened, Ryouga went sailing through the roof and into the air.

"Any body else want a taste of this?" Happosai glared at Soun and Ryosuke who both shook their heads and continued to bow.

"Dad!" Akane shouted then shook her head. "Ugh, they are acting so stupid!" She then turned to Ranma, "Come on let's just forget about them and get to work on the project. This way, follow me." She said and started up the stairs.

Ranma thought it was so different with Ryouga constantly battling Happosai, but that was good for him since the old man didn't know that Ranma turned into a girl and wouldn't be trying to change him into a girl and grabbing at his chest. He then heard footsteps and noticed that Akane was already walking upwards, he followed her.

Before they reached her bedroom door she turned around, causing Ranma to stop short. He had to grab onto the railing or he would have fallen, "Why the sudden stop?"

"Well I just thought that we could either look through the books first or use the internet, which do you prefer?"

Nodding, Ranma decided that it was probably best to use the books first, "Let's read through the books first."

Akane smiled, and Ranma felt short of breath, "All right then," She then turned and pointed to her door, "This room is mine." She led the way and Ranma followed.

He glanced at that same wooden duck on her door which said her name. It was so familiar. He reached out to touch it when he heard a giggling from in front of him. "What?" He sounded slightly offended.

She shook her head, "Nothing, its just it's like you've never seen a name plate before."

Ranma covered up his uncomfortable feelings, "Well most girls don't have it in the shape of a duck. They usually have like a flower or a heart or something." He thought he saw her eyes narrow.

"Yeah well, who cares? I like ducks, its no big deal." Now she sounded offended, "Let's just get to work." She pushed open the door to her room and stepped inside.

"You like ducks?" Ranma asked sounding very surprised. 'I never knew' he thought to himself.

Akane shrugged, "Yeah I do, my favorites are little wood ducks, they are white and black and so cute. Ryouga doesn't know because it would probably provide him with more ammo in which he can tease me with." She cleared her thought and deepened her voice, "Oh Akane you like ducks that is so manly, heh, heh." Akane rolled her eyes, "It gets annoying after awhile, him teasing me all the time."

Ranma followed her into her room, "Maybe he teases you because he doesn't know how to act around someone he likes. After all you do seem to be in love with the guy." Ranma said a bit more quietly.

"What? Who told you that?!" Akane growled.

His eyes widened, "Eh, no one. I'm just a good observer."

"Well maybe you should observe your own business," She sat down at her desk and opened one of the books.

Ranma glanced around her room, man it felt different being in here with her permission, he often had to sneak around and even if was allowed in Akane's room it was because she needed to talk to him or he needed to study. He wondered if Ryouga was allowed in here.

Akane was hunched over her work, as Ranma kept glancing at her. He knew he was making her a bit nervous because she kept fidgeting. It's like she could tell when he was looking at her and when he wasn't.

"All right that's it." She looked up at him, "What is the problem here?"

Ranma straightened up, "What do you mean?"

"You keep staring at me, so out with it."

Ranma sputtered, "What, I'm not staring at you. Perhaps it's all in your mind."

Akane's brow arched, "Right." She sighed, "I don't know you at all, but somehow I get the feeling that there is something you want to tell me."

He shook his head, "Well have you ever done something that you might have thought was a good idea before, but when it actually happened that it is something that you have a hard time accepting?"

She was confused, "huh?" Akane watched as Ranma was trying to gather his thoughts, he opened his mouth to speak when Akane turned towards the door, she heard talking from downstairs and that unmistakable adorable feminine voice and she growled. Akane jumped to her feet and raced from the room.

Ranma thought that was very odd and he followed after her, hurrying down the stairs he found a short, pretty young girl with long hair talking with Ryouga, holding a plate of muffins, he looked rather uncomfortable. Akane was glaring at the girl. Who was this girl?

Akane turned and glared hard at Ryouga, "And just what are you two going on about?"

Ryouga sighed, "Listen Akane it's not what you think, Akari just came by to chat."

"Yeah right!" Akane shouted at Ryouga.

"Hey it's true, it's not like I want whatever she brings."

"Well I think you like it, you pervert."

"Did I come at a bad time?" Akari said adorably.

Ranma cringed; it was so adorable that it was sickeningly sweet.

"Akane," Ryouga started to say.

"Oh be quiet," Akane shouted and then turned to Akari, "And you take your muffins and be on your way."

Akari shook her head, "Its up to Ryouga if I leave, he likes my muffins. I've made them plenty times for him in the past." She moved to go past Akane, and stared adoringly up into Ryouga's eyes. "Isn't that right, you like what I have more than that of Akane's right?"

"Now see heremmf..." Ryouga was cut off by Akari sticking one of her muffins in his mouth.

Akane gasped, and her eyes narrowed, "Why you…" From behind her back Akane whipped out her very large mallet and belted Akari with it and she went sailing through the air giggling. Akane then turned to Ryouga. "So what was that now huh?"

"Hey! It's not like I asked her to stuff my mouth with the muffin, really Akane, you make it seem like it's all my fault."

"It is your fault! If you would just tell her that I am your fiancé then maybe she would leave you alone!" Akane yelled back.

What Ryouga wanted to say was Akane, you're right, but she doesn't listen I care about you so much, but instead he said, "Yeah right, as if that will work. No one will ever believe that I would be engaged to some disgusting tomboy like you, get serious."

Akane immediately lifted her hand and slapped him across the face, "Ryouga you jerk! I hate you!" She couldn't help the tears forming in her eyes as she covered her face with her hands and raced up the stairs, passed Ranma and into her room slamming the door behind her. "Ryouga you stupid, stupid jerk!"

Ryouga immediately felt terrible, "Akane! Wait…" He then whispered, "I'm sorry." He then caught Ranma's slight angry gaze, "What are you looking at?"

Ranma finally understood why Ryouga in their other reality would challenge him and try to make him apologize for saying hurtful things to Akane, it really hurt him to watch their fighting to make Akane cry or feel bad. "Ryouga, you better be nicer to her or else."

"Or else what?" Ryouga challenged.

The pigtailed boy shrugged his shoulders, "Or someone might come along and treat her better and steal her away from you."

Ryouga crossed his arms over his chest, "Oh yeah, who would do that?" 'No one would dare take Akane from me, she's mine.' He thought to himself. Ryouga noticed that Ranma wasn't answering, "Oh you better not, or there will be hell to pay. I swear it, upon my great uncle's grave that if you even attempt to take what is mine, I will destroy you."

"Hey! I didn't say it was going to be me stupid, so just relax all right." Ranma looked away from Ryouga, that idiot sure got on his nerves; he wondered what Akane saw in a jerk like Ryouga. "Do you even like her, at all?"

He nodded, "I just don't think before I open my mouth, it's a quick reflex I supposed. Akane is really devoted and at times she can be thoughtful and nice, which I find to be slightly bizarre, besides I kinda like it when we argue and fight, it shows me how passionate a person she really is. The only thing I don't like is when I bring her to tears; I don't mean to do it. It just happens."

Ranma nodded, "Well I should be leaving now, I gotta get home." He decided not to stay for dinner and rushed from the house and took on down the sidewalk heading for home. It was strange, the thought of hearing how Ryouga saw Akane made him sweat, he couldn't handle hearing it. It sounded so familiar, perhaps she did deserve to be with Ryouga, but in the other reality, he was so nice to her, and now it was like Ryouga became Ranma, arrogant and well so very mean to a girl who really did not deserve it. Perhaps he could do something about it now, he had a plan.

Perhaps if he made Ryouga see what an interesting girl Akane was and helped him to use the right words, they could truly be happy. This of course meant spending more time with Akane, and perhaps making Ryouga jealous. It could work, Ranma felt he already blew it for himself at least he could help his rival win her heart. He just hoped he knew what he was getting himself into.

=====

Uh-oh, Ranma spending more time with Akane to make Ryouga jealous, I sure hope his plan doesn't backfire. And what is Chaos up too? he's a sneaky guy. Well stay tuned to find out.

Thank you for all your wonderful reviews, they really encourage the continuation of this fanfiction. Hearing your comments whether you hate it or not. It really makes me work harder on updating sooner.

Thanks and remember to review,

Ryoko Blue