Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Ai Shite Nai Wake Ja Nai ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Konnichiwa Minna! This is my first story so it might not be that good. Let me know what you think, because I am also in the middle of writing my own book and I want to know what everyone thinks about my writing (plus I need encouragement ). In case you didn't know the title means “Life without being in love has no meaning to me” (at least that's how I translate it) which is one of the lines from one of the best songs of all time: Little Date. Well, I think you have the general idea so I'll just shut up and let you read.
It was a tranquil night in Nerima. Gentle wind breezed through the treetops, but only as if it was trying to confirm its existence. The sky was crystalline, without a hint of a single cloud. It was illuminated by billions of bright stars each one trying to outshine the other. The moon, a tiny crescent, however filled the night with a sense of melancholy, because just like it would soon disappear an important person would vanish from Nerima. Perhaps forever.
He was sitting on the roof of the Tendo household still in his stained, white tuxedo. The wedding was a failure just like he predicted. Their senseless fathers could have just arranged a quiet ceremony somewhere in the mountains, but no, they had to make it public. Nabiki didn't help at all by inviting all of the infamous wrecking crew along. Someday. Someday he would take revenge on all of them for destroying his life. He clenched his fists in anger at the mere thought of them.
And why did that old pervert have to take the barrel of Nannichuan and drink it all? Now his all chances of becoming a complete man were as good as gone. He realized that Akane only married him (or at least tried to), so that he could get the water from the Nannichuan and not because she loved him. It was easy to figure, since she did not say anything at Jusenkyo when he admitted his love to her. But maybe she just didn't hear him? No, that was impossible. She mentioned it before the ceremony, but he, like a complete idiot, denied it. So, even if she did love... No, like him then his chances would be demolished. Why did he always put his foot on his mouth!
He loved her, even though he would never admit it, not even to himself. But deep, deep down he knew, he always knew. The way she smiled at him when she was happy, the way she fought off all her suitors and his fiancées, even the way she malleted him to various parts of Nerima, that was only a couple of things he adored about Akane. None of his insults were really meant to hurt her feelings. They were just... Even he didn't have an explanation for them. Who would?
Akane, on the other hand, was a completely different story. She always called him a hentai and a baka and malleted him for no reason whatsoever. On second though, he knew he had brought it on himself. She had every reason to call him a hentai, not because he really was perverted, but because there were numerous times when he took advantage of his curse, but that was all for a good reason, like the time he tried to sneak into the girls' locker room to find the Nannichuan. It was not like he actually enjoyed being turned into a girl, especially with the pigtailed goddess crap that Kuno always gave him. He shuddered at the thought. Akane had always acted as if his curse disgusted her and in some ways, she was absolutely right. Who would want to be engaged to a sex-changing freak anyway? If only he'd gotten to the barrel before the old pervert!
It was too late now. To protect Akane he had to disappear from Nerima. Her life would be easier without him, the perverted idiot. Hopefully the fiancée horde would leave her alone and follow him. There was only one problem, its name was Ryouga. If he left, then that pig-pervert would surely take advantage of Akane, if he found his way to the dojo, that is. Maybe if he saw bacon-breath somewhere on his way, he'd give him a beating that empty his head of thoughts of Akane. Akane... His every thought was of her ever since he realized he loved, no liked her. Even martial arts didn't seem so important anymore. Leaving her would be the hardest decision he ever had to make in his life.
A small, crystal clear tear escaped from his eyes and traveled slowly and steadily down his cheek. He knew that martial artists don't cry, nevertheless he would soon make the greatest sacrifice ever for the woman he lo... He still couldn't say it. A life without Akane just wasn't worth living, but he would get over it someday. He'd practice to become a better martial artist and... What could he do except for martial arts? Training was one of the few things he actually loved to do. His only goal was to become the best martial artist and that would be enough. But was it really?
He pulled out a piece of paper from one of his pockets and a pen. He knew he had to write some kind of an explanation, so Akane would at least forgive him. His handwriting, which was always perfectly lined up and neat, was messy and disordered, but he did not care. Would Akane care? No. Probably not, she never cared about anything he did. At least that's how she acted.
He stood up and looked at the note he was writing. He re-read it over:
Dear Akane,
I'm tired of all the chaos in my life, three fiancées, multiple suitors, not to mention Kuno. I'm tired of our fathers forcing us into a marriage you don't want. I have to leave to end this chaos; coming back will not be an option. Please forgive for all the pain I have caused you; I truly didn't mean any of it. You are not a kawaiikunee, or a macho chick, or irokeganee, and even if you are a tomboy that's one of the things that I love about you. I also want to say that when I occasionally, and rarely said that you are cute, I really meant it. To tell you the truth, I love you. Even though I know that my love will never be returned, because you despise me. I guess it's all my fault for putting you down all the time and taunting you. I know I was wrong, but all I ask for is your forgiveness. I hope that when I leave you, your life will be a lot easier.
Yours Forever,
Ranma
It sounded good enough, even though he thought he should have added Sincerely instead of Yours Forever. It was too late though, he would love Akane forever. Despite his solemn mood, he suddenly smiled. It took him more that a year, but he finally admitted it! He finally admitted that he loved Akane! If she got mad and tried to mallet him into Earth's orbit, at least he would be far away by then.
But before he took off, he wanted to do just one more thing. He wanted to gaze at her gentle face last more time and leave her the note. He quietly tiptoed across the roof and looked into her window. She was sleeping peacefully, but he could see that she was crying for a long time. The tears were still visible on the ends of her eyelashes, her face was red, and not to mention that those tears also enveloped her drenched face. At that moment, he almost pitied her.
Ranma drew a breath and stepped into her room...
A real cliffhanger, ne? Don't worry, this is just the prologue. And if you don't like sad, suffering stories don't worry. I have a LOT of funny parts planned for the rest of it, `cause that's how I normally write. There will only be about 2 or 3 sad chapters like this one (they will be longer though). And I know a lot of you might not want to read this, `cause Ranma is leaving, and even though he WILL leave and nothing you can say will change my mind, I promise for all you RA fans that there will be a happy ending! I just want to make everyone suffer a bit, I'm evil, ne? One more thing. All of us know that Akane and Ranma love each other, but since this fic is written in third person limited point of view I said that Akane does not love Ranma, because that is what HE thinks. I'll try to use third person omniscient for the rest of the story though. Please be kind and leave a review so that I know people are reading my story, because if I get no reviews I won't write anymore, plus my heart will be shattered into a million pieces and you don't want that, do you?
Sneak Peek at Chapter 1: Ranma tries to find the courage to leave Akane, possibly forever. How will Akane react when she finds his note?