Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Akane ❯ Chase ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I sadly don't own Ranma or any of the characters. Rumiko Takahashi does. I'm only using her awesome characters for fanfictional stories. So I repeat, Rumiko Takahashi is the Creator of Ranma ½

'...' indicates thoughts of the character

*...* will tell you when a flashback appears

Akane

Chapter 2

Akane noticed the door open and she stopped to see Ranma standing at the doorway. She felt a sudden lump form in her throat as she stared into his eyes. The situation she was in clicked in her mind and she knew exactly what he was thinking about that very second.

"No Ranma this isn't-"

"Just some way to get back at me!" Ranma raced out of the room.

"Kasumi! Get this dress offa me now!" Kasumi unzipped the back and Akane, quickly but carefully, slipped out of the dress and grabbed her unbuttoned shirt as she left the room. ~~*~~

Nabiki silently strolled up the stairs thinking of all her debts that she had to deal with soon, 'Which are very few.' She added to herself. And, of course, her earnings. A satisfied smile appeared on her face but that smile disappeared as soon as it arised when Ranma abruptly came storming down the stairs almost knocking her over. 'Geeze, I wonder what's his problem?'

There was stomping upstairs that took her attention and Nabiki looked up to see Akane race down the steps, passing her by quickly. Nabiki stood there angrily and crossed her arms. 'Akane is racing after Ranma. Fine. I understand that, but in her underwear?' ~~*~~

Akane darted out of the house and glanced both ways quickly. She saw a glimpse of Ranma turning the corner to her left and she took off, sliding on the shirt that she had grabbed.

'I hope Ranma wasn't thinking that I dressed up in the wedding dress just to get back at him. Why would he think that I would consider doing that?'

She was falling out of breath and Ranma was still up ahead. But at this pace, she would never be able to catch him. He was just too fast. She then noticed that he began to slow down.

'Run Faster!' She urged herself to run as fast as she could and she pushed that limit to go even faster to catch up. She was almost there.

'Almost there. Ranma I hope you can for. . . !?' Akane tripped over something and went crashing to the floor. She cried out from sharp pain surging up from her uncovered knee. 'Shit that hurts!' She push herself up and she quickly looked to see if Ranma was there. But she did not see him.

"I lost him." Her dejected voice was low as she continue to look on to where she last saw her fiancee. '...he's not anymore...'

She pushed that thought aside, or more over the pain in her leg made itself known and she looked down to examine the damage that has been done. The blood was smeared all over her knee and she could see were the skin broke and the damage around it.

'Oh, it hurts so much.' She struggled to stand. "Ow!" ~~*~~

Two bulky, six-foot tall men saw her fall. One wore a baggy, black hoody and the other wore a dark grey jacket. They looked at each other grinning evilly.

"Hey you need help?" They rushed to her side.

"Come, let us help you. You look like you really hurt yourself badly." Both of them began to help her slowly to the building. Akane suddenly felt their hands began to grope her body. Her eyes widened as she looked up into their eyes. Her body trembled as she noted the lust appearing and their bodies getting disturbingly closer to her own. She felt pain as they tighten their hold on her wrist and a hand slide up her thigh.

"What are you doing? Stop! Let me go!"

"We're just helping someone who's... in need." They both smiled, taking in the beautiful body this girl possessed.

"Get away from her!" An angry voice roared and instantly they turned as Ranma jerked the bigger man, wearing the black hoody, away and threw him on the ground.

"No! You have no business here, boy! I suggest you leave." The man snarled as he stood and quickly shoved Ranma away.

The man with the grey jacket tightly grabbed Akane's arms and dragged her away immediately as she struggled. Ranma knocked the one that pursued him down and went after the other holding Akane.

Akane felt him tense up and turn around but she was not just going to be helpless. She knew that she could help and quickly pushed him, putting all her weight on her injured knee by accident. He stumbled backwards a bit and sneered at her, yanking her arm violently and tossing her to the ground. She yelped at ache that she felt all over as the man turned and tried to punch the raging boy in the face.

Ranma dodged and charged at him hitting him in the gut and sent him flying into the wall. Ranma then saw the first man began to stand so he picked up Akane's hurt form in his arms and dashed away from them.

'He saved me.' Akane thought as she wrapped her arms around his neck.

Ranma turned the corner and continued running until he thought they were safe. He gently set Akane down on the ground, feeling her tight hold around his neck. She loosened her grip only to have Ranma abruptly stand out of her arms. Could it have been that he was somehow repulsed by her?

The thought tugged at her as she inspected her knee closely. The crimson blood ran down her leg and she took off her buttoned down shirt and tied it tightly around her knee. She winced at the sudden pain.

Ranma watched her tend to her injury. 'She ran after me in a slip and didn't bother to put any clothes on. But why would she do that? Argh, stupid tomboy!' He unbuttoned his red Chinese shirt and wrapped it around Akane's shoulders, leaving him with a black undershirt.

"Ranma..." She said softly.

He remembered why he left, what had hurt him so. Ranma began to feel his anger rise.

"Go home and put some clothes on!" He glanced at her then began to walk away.

"No Ranma! Wait! I know what your thinking and how can you even think I would even do such a thing?" Akane watched him as he stopped.

"I saw you and you told me last night that you would."

"I was upset at you!"

"Well you looked pretty damn happy holding his hand!" His hands clenched tightly and turned white as his nails dug into his palms.

"Ranma, do you even know who he is? That's Gary. He's getting married to Catherine. You remember Kasumi's friends, right?" He turned to face her watching how she desperately stared into his eyes.

"Why were you wearing that wedding dress?"

"Because Kasumi asked me to, so she could look it over." Akane's eye's began to sting once again. "So she could look over the dress before she sent it to the cleaners." She adverted her eyes away from his own. "Gary wanted everything to be perfect for the wedding and he asked for Kasumi's help." Her voice was starting to shake.

"Well why did you say that, yesterday?" Ranma crossed his arms, trying to calm himself down.

"Because I, I was afraid that you chose Shampoo or Ukyo already. And I didn't want to lose you." She paused, swallowing hard, trying to get the lump out of her throat and trying to hold back the tears that were threatening to spill over. She took in a shaky breath and let it out slowly. "There are two girls that are deeply in love with you and my father is forcing you to marry me. Just because of some agreement they had when they were younger. I don't want to force you to love me." Ranma's eye's widened. "Ranma I don't know what to do anymore. Suddenly we got into that horrible fight and then I heard you were leaving somewhere, Nabiki said. Going to live somewhere else... but I don't want you to go. I was thinking and I found out that I,"

Ranma couldn't believe what she was saying.

Akane slowly stood up, wincing more at the pain shooting through her knee. She looked at him, her eyes glistening with unshed tears. "That's when I found out that I loved you Ranma. I don't want you to be with anyone but me! I want to marry you and be happy and live forever!" Akane threw her arms around his neck as she cried. She didn't have the strength to hold back her tears or the sobs that racked her body.

Ranma stood there overwhelmed. "I... I" ~~*~~