Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Can I Keep You? ❯ A Longing Question ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Can I Keep You?

Chapter 6- A Longing Question

By sky_princess

It was still night as Ryouga trudged down the streets of Nerima. Off in the distance, he heard a clock tower bong 12 times.

Must be midnight, Ryouga thought.

His eye caught to a sign that looked vaguely familiar.

Ucchan's.

He stopped and looked up to Ukyou's room window.

She must be asleep, he thought as he saw that her room was dark but the window was left open.

Ryouga jumped up to her window and walked through the rustling curtains that were breezed by the soft wind.

In the middle of the room, Ukyou was sleeping in her bedroll. Her glossy brown hair had a midnight glow as it swirled around her sleeping figure.

"I'm sorry, Ukyou but I have decided to leave this place." Ryouga whispered while padding gently toward her so she wouldn't wake up, thinking he was a thief.

No way, no more spatula-whapping for me, he smiled softly with the thought of her furious yet exotic expression as she gripped her spatula menacingly before whapping him in the head.

"I have all the money I need for the tournament and I thank you. I wish I could have left with a more happier was but I guess I can't." Ryouga sighed.

"Ukyou? Will you still remember me?" He slowly leaned over to her ear and whispered lovingly, "Can I keep you, Ukyou?"

Ryouga groaned as his heart began to ache as to think of never being able to see her again. He quickly jumped out of the window and tore across the people's house roofs to his new destination. The fighting tournament.

As he disappeared into different future, a tear silently ran down Ukyou's delicate cheek.

To be continued…

Author's note: This scene made me write this story so I hope you like it. Just even a little? I know it's short but I love this scene. The next chapter might be done in a week or so. I only have time to write on Sundays! I hate school.